Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
United Kingdom 06/02

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Arthur Dent

Real Name Arthur Dent   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Wowbagger_TIP
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 3, 2001, 22:20
Total Comments 4328 (Master)
User ID 9540

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > BattleTech Beta Delay and Release Date Outlook
22. Re: I watched more DOOM videos (not all of them [TL;DW]), with a guy's commentaries, from YouTube... Mar 8, 2017, 02:28 Wowbagger_TIP

RaZ0r! wrote on Mar 7, 2017, 21:57:
Wowbagger_TIP wrote on Mar 7, 2017, 21:50:
RaZ0r! wrote on Mar 7, 2017, 20:49:
Wowbagger_TIP wrote on Mar 7, 2017, 20:23:
RaZ0r! wrote on Mar 7, 2017, 19:28:
I'm never buying anything connected with Mechwarrior Online, or probably the Mechwarrior franchise ever after the crap Piranha Games pulled. But that's just me, you guys go for it.

How does this have anything to do with Pirhana's fuckups? You aren't making any sense.

You must be unaware that this game uses Pirhaha's assets from MWO.

It uses their mech models, yes. How does getting some art assets from Pirhana matter to the development of the game though? They've already got the assets and have been working with them for many months now.

It supports Pirhana in name if nothing else which is enough for me to shit all over it.

So you're taking your hate for Pirhana out on a game made by a different company that has a track record of putting out good, niche games that otherwise wouldn't get made, just because they used some art assets from Pirhana.

That's really dumb.

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." -- Bertrand Russell (I think...)
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

19. Re: I watched more DOOM videos (not all of them [TL;DW]), with a guy's commentaries, from YouTube... Mar 7, 2017, 21:50 Wowbagger_TIP

RaZ0r! wrote on Mar 7, 2017, 20:49:
Wowbagger_TIP wrote on Mar 7, 2017, 20:23:
I'm never buying anything connected with Mechwarrior Online, or probably the Mechwarrior franchise ever after the crap Piranha Games pulled. But that's just me, you guys go for it.

How does this have anything to do with Pirhana's fuckups? You aren't making any sense.

You must be unaware that this game uses Pirhaha's assets from MWO.

It uses their mech models, yes. How does getting some art assets from Pirhana matter to the development of the game though? They've already got the assets and have been working with them for many months now.

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." -- Bertrand Russell (I think...)

17. Re: I watched more DOOM videos (not all of them [TL;DW]), with a guy's commentaries, from YouTube... Mar 7, 2017, 20:26 Wowbagger_TIP

Kxmode wrote on Mar 7, 2017, 18:33:
jdreyer wrote on Mar 7, 2017, 18:08:
We don't need it to be perfect man. We just need it to exist, and be timely.

Absolutely. My meaning is HBS runs a business so when they communicate with their backers and the public they should follow a measure of professional decorum otherwise they come off sounding small and amateurish. Informal is what Sean Murray used, and that didn't go so well for him. My translated example only provides the most important information people need to hear. They can relegate the "happy talk" to game show and convention chit-chat.

I don't particularly care if their informational releases aren't as polished as some others. I care that they make good games and are open and honest with their supporters. I'd rather they spend the money on the game than paying someone else to write this stuff.

16. Re: I watched more DOOM videos (not all of them [TL;DW]), with a guy's commentaries, from YouTube... Mar 7, 2017, 20:23 Wowbagger_TIP

News Comments > Out of the Blue
45. Re: I watched more DOOM videos (not all of them [TL;DW]), with a guy's commentaries, from YouTube... Feb 28, 2017, 02:29 Wowbagger_TIP

Kxmode wrote on Feb 27, 2017, 22:31:
Agent-Zero wrote on Feb 27, 2017, 21:00:
LOL freedom, yeh

Yes. Freedom. The ability to say things regarded as "hateful" or "fighting words" to a person or group is, in part, thanks to the Witness's Supreme Court victory. I posted the information. You didn't pay attention.

----

03/09/1942, Chaplinsky v. New Hampshire (315 U.S. 568)

FREEDOM: First and Fourteenth Amendment rights to free speech (otherwise know as the "fighting words doctrine")

Justice Frank Murphy delivered the court's decision noting the First Amendment to the United States Constitution prohibits the federal government from making laws that abridge the freedoms of speech, of the press, and of worship. Some forms of expression -- among them obscenity and fighting words -- do not convey ideas and thus are not subject to First Amendment protection. In this case, Chaplinsky uttered fighting words, i.e., words that "inflict injury or tend to incite an immediate breach of the peace." The First Amendment similarly applies to the states, as its protections are within “the fundamental personal rights and liberties which are protected by the Fourteenth Amendment from invasion by state action.” In other words, freedom of speech was designed to protect speech that was unpopular and not the other way around.

Laws applied: U.S. Constitution amend. I; NH P. L., c. 378, § 2 (1941)

----

Anyhow, on behalf of The Witnesses, you're welcome.

That case doesn't seem like a win for free speech. What am I missing here?

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
8. Re: I watched more DOOM videos (not all of them [TL;DW]), with a guy's commentaries, from YouTube... Feb 26, 2017, 20:32 Wowbagger_TIP

I'm not sure what these industry leaders are planning. As more people are replaced by machines, who do they think is going to buy their products and services?  

News Comments > For Honor Cheaters Banned
16. Re: I watched more DOOM videos (not all of them [TL;DW]), with a guy's commentaries, from YouTube... Feb 25, 2017, 11:53 Wowbagger_TIP

Slick wrote on Feb 24, 2017, 19:11:
Wowbagger_TIP wrote on Feb 24, 2017, 17:51:
BurntSoul wrote on Feb 24, 2017, 17:12:
HoSpanky wrote on Feb 24, 2017, 15:06:
I've never understood the need to cheat in online gaming, and ESPECIALLY don't understand those cheaters then complaining about being punished for cheating. If you cheat to win, you didn't actually win. There's no victory there.

Totally this. I think that maybe the cheaters should be notified by UBI, saying they know who they are and that they will only be able to be matched up with other cheaters, banning the use of the store to scavenge or buy 'upgrades', and slowing player growth to 1% of regular users regardless of what initial package they bought.

This allows them to still be able to play while at the same time disarming the idea of cheating (because now everyone is at the same 'level').

Same outcome as banning them. They buy a new copy and continue to cheat until they get caught again. Rinse, repeat.

Seems to me that they could use hardware ID as a way to scrutinize new accounts on the same hardware though. Maybe catch repeat cheaters quicker that way.

I'd be all for hardware ID, but you know that privacy concerns will drown out common sense.

They can already use hardware ID for bans I believe. They just tend not to because it's more likely to end up screwing over legit players who buy a banned console.

Using it just as a flag to give accounts using that ID increased scrutiny shouldn't be a problem though. Catch the cheaters faster, and doesn't hurt the non-cheaters.

News Comments > For Honor Cheaters Banned
12. Re: I watched more DOOM videos (not all of them [TL;DW]), with a guy's commentaries, from YouTube... Feb 24, 2017, 17:51 Wowbagger_TIP

BurntSoul wrote on Feb 24, 2017, 17:12:
HoSpanky wrote on Feb 24, 2017, 15:06:
I've never understood the need to cheat in online gaming, and ESPECIALLY don't understand those cheaters then complaining about being punished for cheating. If you cheat to win, you didn't actually win. There's no victory there.

Totally this. I think that maybe the cheaters should be notified by UBI, saying they know who they are and that they will only be able to be matched up with other cheaters, banning the use of the store to scavenge or buy 'upgrades', and slowing player growth to 1% of regular users regardless of what initial package they bought.

This allows them to still be able to play while at the same time disarming the idea of cheating (because now everyone is at the same 'level').

Same outcome as banning them. They buy a new copy and continue to cheat until they get caught again. Rinse, repeat.

Seems to me that they could use hardware ID as a way to scrutinize new accounts on the same hardware though. Maybe catch repeat cheaters quicker that way.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
6. Re: I watched more DOOM videos (not all of them [TL;DW]), with a guy's commentaries, from YouTube... Feb 22, 2017, 23:53 Wowbagger_TIP

Mr. Tact wrote on Feb 22, 2017, 18:50:
ForgedReality wrote on Feb 22, 2017, 16:14:
Never even HEARD of this Milo guy before now...
Yeah, I only heard of him last week -- apparently he excelled at trolling liberals at Brietbart. Will probably make millions off a personal Youtube channel after this...

Because Youtube loves the pedos...

News Comments > Path of Exile The Fall of Oriath Announced
2. Re: I watched more DOOM videos (not all of them [TL;DW]), with a guy's commentaries, from YouTube... Feb 16, 2017, 00:14 Wowbagger_TIP

Yeah, this announcement was completely mind-blowing! Like everyone else I was expecting Act 5 and some new unique items and new skills and such. Then the video goes on to Act 6, 7, 8, 9, 10... I thought it was a joke at first!

Now the hard part is gonna be waiting for this to come out in June/July. Debating whether I want to skip the next league or not now. I tried to skip Breach league, but got sucked in anyway a few weeks ago.

50. Re: I watched more DOOM videos (not all of them [TL;DW]), with a guy's commentaries, from YouTube... Feb 1, 2017, 02:05 Wowbagger_TIP

Beamer wrote on Jan 28, 2017, 17:03:
As someone with no nostalgia about Star Wars, but recently rewatched Episodes 4&5, I found TFA more entertaining.

A New Hope feels weirdly rushed, with a bratty teen farmhand weirdly being the best pilot in the rebellion. Again, 0 nostalgia here, and I found it a kind of boring movie that moved from point A to point B with no real reason or logic behind it.

Pretty much this. I just watched the original trilogy with my wife who had never seen them. I found myself trying to explain things, but realizing that a lot of it is overly convenient and just kinda silly really. TFA has it's issues too, but I found it more enjoyable as well.

10. Re: I watched more DOOM videos (not all of them [TL;DW]), with a guy's commentaries, from YouTube... Jan 23, 2017, 20:22 Wowbagger_TIP

Kxmode wrote on Jan 23, 2017, 16:48:
I am not surprised by the Episode 8's name. It was found in Episode 7's crawl. Seems only fitting that would become episode 8's name.

Episode VII
THE FORCE AWAKENS

Luke Skywalker has vanished. In his absence, the sinister FIRST ORDER has risen from the ashes of the Empire and will not rest until Skywalker, the last Jedi, has been destroyed.

With the support of the REPUBLIC, General Leia Organa leads a brave RESISTANCE. She is desperate to find her brother Luke and gain his help in restoring peace and justice to the galaxy.

Leia has sent her most daring pilot on a secret mission to Jakku, where an old ally has discovered a clue to Luke’s whereabouts...

Would you have been surprised if they'd gone with "First Order", "Brave Resistance", or "Luke's Whereabouts"?

98. Re: I watched more DOOM videos (not all of them [TL;DW]), with a guy's commentaries, from YouTube... Jan 23, 2017, 02:32 Wowbagger_TIP

Muscular Beaver wrote on Jan 23, 2017, 02:04:
Saboth wrote on Jan 21, 2017, 21:30:
So Sean Spicer (Trump's press secretary) just had a press conference where he literally yelled at the media for accurately reporting the fact Trump had about 60% fewer in attendance at his inauguration than Obama did in 2009. Photo evidence proves about 1/2 as many showed up as Trump prepared for. Thousands of people on the ground confirmed the numbers. He is using the number of Metro riders as proof X amount of people were at the inauguration, but Trump protestors were also using the Metro yesterday and today. In fact, many estimate the number of protestors today dwarfed the number that turned out for Trump's big day. Sad to see the *White House Press Secretary* yelling at the media for reporting facts on Trump because it bruises Trump's fragile ego.

Yeah, kinda stupid statement. I would have put it better:
"Look at the weather and compare it to Obamas inaugurations."

Obama's 2009 inauguration was in the high 20s. Trump's was high 40s, with some light rain.

http://wtop.com/weather/2017/01/inauguration-weather-friday-years/slide/1/

News Comments > etc.
6. Re: I watched more DOOM videos (not all of them [TL;DW]), with a guy's commentaries, from YouTube... Jan 23, 2017, 02:12 Wowbagger_TIP

jdreyer wrote on Jan 22, 2017, 23:34:
I remember a story about a gun owner who was selling a young customer his first guh, a scoped rifle. Guy looks through the scope and asks, "Where's the zoom?"

Wait til he tries a 360-no-scope shot...

69. Re: I watched more DOOM videos (not all of them [TL;DW]), with a guy's commentaries, from YouTube... Jan 21, 2017, 12:58 Wowbagger_TIP

jdreyer wrote on Jan 21, 2017, 00:57:
@ Wowbagger_TIP

We also must change the way elections are funded, or laws will continue to favor corporations and rich elites, since they fund politicians' campaigns.

While it would be nice for that to be possible, I just don't know any way of doing it effectively without violating the 1st amendment.

I haven't heard of any really good ideas in this area that wouldn't be trivially circumvented or tilt the board even more in favor of the wealthy and connected. Anyone know of any good ideas?

59. Re: I watched more DOOM videos (not all of them [TL;DW]), with a guy's commentaries, from YouTube... Jan 20, 2017, 23:26 Wowbagger_TIP

Asmodai wrote on Jan 20, 2017, 22:06:
People keep complaining about how a retarded ape is going to be the next president, but don't seem to understand how that came to occur.

They blame racists and rednecks, but racists and rednecks did not design the electoral system, the rampant gerrymandering, the grotesque manipulation of the primaries etc.

They ignore just how badly everyone failed to read the discontent in the middle ground moderates, assuming they were safely locked up for Hillary. When you ignore and disenfranchise a part of the electoral population, you risk a lot because their one vote is worth as much as any one vote.

They complain that he isn't their president, but what was the count of voters in the election? 140 million odd? Out of 330 million? If you can't even form a quorom for an election of the "most powerful person in the world", then what legitimacy does any US president have?

If you have a truly democratically elected president, then stop blaming the orangutan, and stop blaming the people who voted for him, and start looking honestly at all the things that could be done but no one every bothers. Trump is the result of a protest vote against the establishment. I think people would vote for ebola over "the establishment" sometimes. And if you can't work out why the current establishment is awful, the Trump is the president you deserve.

"The Establishment" is a nebulous thing. Nobody really knows who or what it is. Attempting to vote for or against it is futile.

I don't see how voting for Trump or Clinton is a vote against the establishment. Trump was backed by the same people that back the conservatives in the current "establishment". Why would he be any different?

Until we change our terrible voting system to one that doesn't ensure only two parties, we'll remain screwed.

Until we get rid of our terrible redistricting process, we'll remain screwed.

Until we start demanding that our elected officials be held accountable by effective laws, and not able to simply able to police themselves as they see fit, we'll remain screwed.

We're just more screwed than usual after this particular election.

News Comments > For Honor System Specs
1. Re: I watched more DOOM videos (not all of them [TL;DW]), with a guy's commentaries, from YouTube... Jan 20, 2017, 23:18 Wowbagger_TIP

So how P2W is this game gonna be? Sounds like they're selling XP boosts. Not sure what else though.  

6. Re: I watched more DOOM videos (not all of them [TL;DW]), with a guy's commentaries, from YouTube... Jan 10, 2017, 12:10 Wowbagger_TIP

That fish tower is pretty neat. I kinda want one now. But need fish. And a pond. And motivation.  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
7. Re: I watched more DOOM videos (not all of them [TL;DW]), with a guy's commentaries, from YouTube... Jan 9, 2017, 18:52 Wowbagger_TIP

nin wrote on Jan 9, 2017, 18:05:
Bodolza wrote on Jan 9, 2017, 17:48:
Steazy wrote on Jan 9, 2017, 16:57:
I'm more surprised that Twitter would suspend Shkreli for targeted harassment of a reporter but completely ignore @theRealOrangeOrangutan .

What's @theRealOrangeOrangutan? Twitter and Google don't show any results.

whoosh.jpg

I didn't get it either. Still don't. Guess I'm not keeping up with the Twitterverse.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
36. Re: I watched more DOOM videos (not all of them [TL;DW]), with a guy's commentaries, from YouTube... Jan 5, 2017, 02:32 Wowbagger_TIP

DangerDog wrote on Jan 4, 2017, 16:11:
descender wrote on Jan 4, 2017, 16:00:
oh, those same intelligence experts that said Saddam Hussein had weapons of mass destruction? Those experts?

Have you ever actually bothered to read that report? They didn't say he had weapons, they said he was trying to obtain them.

Please, don't let facts get in the way of your lifetime of accumulated stupidity.

Yeah, and Colin Powell never went before the UN with make-believe pictures of semi truck trailers being used to manufacture chemical weapons. That sure was some intelligence expert reporting everyone could get behind right?

Or how about that time during the first gulf war when they propped up that #fakenews story about babies being thrown out of incubators?

Those were good times, back before bullshit stories couldn't be exposed and they had control over people through an endless barrage of propaganda through corporate lame-stream media.

Hillary didn't win so it must be Russian hackers! No assholes, she lost because people voted for Trump.

Jesus fuck, dude. The Bush administration lied their asses off about what the intelligence community was telling them because they wanted to start a(nother) war.

The intelligence agencies didn't say he had WMDs. You're just fucking ignorant.

The same assholes complaining about Obama being weak on Russia were attacking Hillary saying she wanted to start a war. It was all political bullshit.

4328 Comments. 217 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo