Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
San Diego, CA 07/23

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Arthur Dent

Real Name Arthur Dent   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Wowbagger_TIP
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 3, 2001, 22:20
Total Comments 4206 (Master)
User ID 9540

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Wasteland 2: Director's Cut Free Weekend
3. Re: I watched more DOOM videos (not all of them [TL;DW]), with a guy's commentaries, from YouTube... Jun 10, 2016, 00:13 Wowbagger_TIP

Best bet for this game is to mod it. Nexusmods has some that rebalance weapons, change the frequency of encounters, etc.  

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." -- Bertrand Russell (I think...)
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Ashes of the Singularity Patch Adds Content
4. Re: I watched more DOOM videos (not all of them [TL;DW]), with a guy's commentaries, from YouTube... Jun 9, 2016, 22:04 Wowbagger_TIP

It's not like you can manage 100K units anyway, so it would be pointless to put that many on-screen. Who the fuck wants to play that? It's retarded.  

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." -- Bertrand Russell (I think...)

News Comments > Path of Exile Patched
10. Re: I watched more DOOM videos (not all of them [TL;DW]), with a guy's commentaries, from YouTube... Jun 5, 2016, 16:15 Wowbagger_TIP

jdreyer wrote on Jun 5, 2016, 06:06:
Kosumo wrote on Jun 5, 2016, 02:49:
Would this be one of the best free to play games around?
It is. All paid content is cosmetic IIRC.
There are a couple things that are QoL as well, like stash tabs and extra character slots. You get 4 stash tabs by default, and 24 character slots. So you'll probably want to pick up a supporter pack at some point if you like the game, if only to get some more tabs.

I've been playing for a few years and have bought several supporter packs. The game is great, constantly expanding, well-supported, and totally worth it.

4. Re: I watched more DOOM videos (not all of them [TL;DW]), with a guy's commentaries, from YouTube... Jun 4, 2016, 17:50 Wowbagger_TIP

Highest I've gone with a character is 91. I don't have much interest in the grind at that point. I've done Atziri, but not uber. Highest map I've done is a T13. By then I usually want to play another build. I had 3 characters at lvl 90-91 last league. I linked my first 6L last league too. Was a Carcass Jack  

2. Re: I watched more DOOM videos (not all of them [TL;DW]), with a guy's commentaries, from YouTube... Jun 4, 2016, 15:33 Wowbagger_TIP

Just getting started today really. Prophecy stuff seems pretty cool. Makes leveling more interesting for sure. Hopefully this league will be as good as the last one.  

News Comments > 7 Million Play Overwatch, Minus a Bunch of Cheaters
8. Re: I watched more DOOM videos (not all of them [TL;DW]), with a guy's commentaries, from YouTube... Jun 2, 2016, 21:29 Wowbagger_TIP

The game is a lot of fun. I'll play several matches each night. I still kinda suck, but I have improved. The balance is fairly good, with only a few tweaks needed most likely. It'll be interesting to see what kind of longevity it has.  

News Comments > No Man's Sky Delay Confirmed
18. Re: I watched more DOOM videos (not all of them [TL;DW]), with a guy's commentaries, from YouTube... May 29, 2016, 00:58 Wowbagger_TIP

Sempai wrote on May 28, 2016, 23:59:
Slick wrote on May 28, 2016, 13:40:
The guy really shouldn't have to stutter and apologize his way through announcing a delay. That kind of news should be greeted with thunderous applause from the gaming community.

Instead the man receives death threats.. Way to be gamers! Stay classy..

It's the Internet. You get death threats when you draw attention to yourself for any reason.

News Comments > No Man's Sky Delay Confirmed
6. Re: I watched more DOOM videos (not all of them [TL;DW]), with a guy's commentaries, from YouTube... May 28, 2016, 15:17 Wowbagger_TIP

Somehow I feel like I'll be able to watch some youtube videos and feel as if i've experienced all the game has to offer.  

News Comments > Tom Clancy's The Division Conflict Update
6. Re: I watched more DOOM videos (not all of them [TL;DW]), with a guy's commentaries, from YouTube... May 25, 2016, 01:12 Wowbagger_TIP

Already uninstalled this. Nothing they've done has inspired me to come back to it. Still a shitfest.  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
16. Re: I watched more DOOM videos (not all of them [TL;DW]), with a guy's commentaries, from YouTube... May 23, 2016, 02:09 Wowbagger_TIP

dupe  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
15. Re: I watched more DOOM videos (not all of them [TL;DW]), with a guy's commentaries, from YouTube... May 23, 2016, 02:06 Wowbagger_TIP

I've been having a blast with Doom SP campaign. I think I have 3 missions left to finish it. I'll probably start over on a harder setting after that. Might try some multiplayer, but I think Overwatch is going to be my main multiplayer game for the foreseeable future.

It's really not just a bunch of areas that lock you in until you clear them. There are areas like that in each mission, but the missions are not just a series of rooms like that. Also, those lock-down areas are good-sized areas and I've found those fights to be pretty fun. There are certainly more than 6 monsters at a time too, unless maybe you're playing on the easiest setting or something. Finding all the secrets is pretty fun too.

The game is fantastic, and deserves the top spot right now.

News Comments > Technomancer Delayed One Week
2. Re: Technomancer Delayed One Week May 19, 2016, 21:08 Wowbagger_TIP

Fion wrote on May 19, 2016, 13:42:
This game has some rough edges and is clearly the darling of a smaller studio. It could be a fantastic game or it could end up basically Alpha Protocal'ing all over the place. Time will tell. We certainly are having a landmark year for games if the spring has anything to say about it. Would be nice if that trend continues with a deep action RPG.

Alpha Protocol was a good game! I played through it 3 times in a row. It definitely had some rough spots, but overall it was a lot of fun.

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
1. Re: Gatherings & Competitions May 19, 2016, 20:24 Wowbagger_TIP

Wow, the PoE update looks pretty cool. Looks like I'll be back at it.  

News Comments > The Division Free Update Details
4. Re: The Division Free Update Details May 18, 2016, 01:36 Wowbagger_TIP

The Half Elf wrote on May 17, 2016, 22:59:
What I want to see is more of the story about the 1st wave of The Division (the player is part of the second wave) and more of the story about how it all went down, and the rogue agents.

Yeah, they really screwed up by not doing more with the story, and they've pretty much wasted most of what they created by not doing any sort of endgame that utilizes the city outside of the DZ. They really didn't think this thing through.

News Comments > The Division Free Update Details
2. Re: The Division Free Update Details May 17, 2016, 22:35 Wowbagger_TIP

Cutter wrote on May 17, 2016, 22:23:
So is this thing dead yet or what?
The co-workers that talked me into getting this have all quit now. The game is shit once you've played through the PvE and have to start grinding. This update doesn't sound like it's going to do anything to fix any of the many many problems the game has.

Comes out the same day as Overwatch too, which is what everyone I know will be playing that day rather than this

News Comments > DOOM Released
120. Re: DOOM Released May 14, 2016, 18:01 Wowbagger_TIP

Having a blast so far. I'm just getting into the 3rd major area now, so not that far into it yet. I'm definitely rusty, and have died a few times, but getting better. Haven't played a shooter like this in a while

Now I'm just looking forward to getting the other weapons! I can see replaying this on a harder difficulty and trying to get all the challenges and secrets. I've missed some already.

News Comments > 9.7 Million Play the Overwatch Beta
29. Re: 9.7 Million Play the Overwatch Beta May 13, 2016, 09:49 Wowbagger_TIP

PHJF wrote on May 13, 2016, 08:53:

TF2 players don't want to call it TF3 because they think they're superior

It absolutely is not TF3. In many ways, TF2 became TF3.

Overwatch really doesn't have a lot to distinguish itself; sure, there are a bunch of heroes, but they are all very one dimensional. It's a fun game and well made, but unless they add some serious content post release I don't see it having remotely the staying power of previous more popular shooters. The two game modes are terribly boring (especially KOTH, which I've NEVER enjoyed going all the way back to UT) and the maps pretty uninspired.

To each his own. I had a blast with it, and the game modes are fun. I'm sure they'll be adding more over time too.

News Comments > Overwatch Beta Not Changing Much for Launch
56. Re: Overwatch Beta Not Changing Much for Launch May 9, 2016, 09:59 Wowbagger_TIP

Suppa7 wrote on May 9, 2016, 05:01:
Yifes wrote on May 7, 2016, 00:53:
Suppa7 wrote on May 6, 2016, 16:47:
There was all sorts of crazy shit in the mod community if you ever played anything besides bog standard games you'd know that. You come off as another retard.

Then prove it. Name some multiplayer FPS mods from the 90s that had melee tanks with AOE shields, Pudge hooks, time rewinds, ultimates etc. Do it. You can't cuz you're full of shit.

I don't need to prove shit when there is google dumbass. There's this thing called moddb. You simply google 'quake mods' and you'll find all sorts of interesting shit. I'm not going to do homework for historically illiterate shit for brains like you.

Looks like he was right. You can't name one that had those things. Laugh2

News Comments > Overwatch Beta Not Changing Much for Launch
54. Re: Overwatch Beta Not Changing Much for Launch May 9, 2016, 00:46 Wowbagger_TIP

Drayth wrote on May 8, 2016, 17:08:
Are you using a VPN?
Nope.

News Comments > Overwatch Open Beta Overtime
15. Re: Overwatch Open Beta Overtime May 9, 2016, 00:08 Wowbagger_TIP

Brumbek wrote on May 8, 2016, 23:41:
But more seriously, Overwatch is a huge letdown for me...two or three game modes is totally lame...all ripped from year 2008 TF2. It's just not acceptable to come out with a TF2 knock-off some eight years later and expect me to pay nearly full price.

Where's my SP or Coop campaign? Where's the innovative game modes? I won't apologize for demanding innovation and substance, especially from a company like Blizzard.

Balancing a game like this is extremely hard. I'm glad they're starting with something manageable. I'm sure they'll be adding more over time. This is more than enough to start with. A bunch of maps and the existing modes are fun. Balance seems pretty good so far.

4206 Comments. 211 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo