Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Arthur Dent

Real Name Arthur Dent   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Wowbagger_TIP
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 3, 2001, 22:20
Total Comments 4214 (Master)
User ID 9540

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Just Cause 3 Released; No Multi-GPU Support and Other Issues
12. Re: Just Cause 3 Released; No Multi-GPU Support and Other Issues Dec 1, 2015, 14:28 Wowbagger_TIP

I can understand the frustration, but multi-gpu setups are niche within a niche, so I can easily see why support is low priority for developers too.

I picked this up already. Looking forward to it once I take a break from FO4. Maybe there'll be a patch or two by then.

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." -- Bertrand Russell (I think...)
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
7. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Dec 1, 2015, 10:16 Wowbagger_TIP

nin wrote on Nov 30, 2015, 12:30:
MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Nov 30, 2015, 12:09:
I was curious about this, and reading the article, the person in question works at Breitbart.

That does explain a lot...

From reading his tweets, he seems exactly like what I'd expect someone working for Breitbart to be like.

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." -- Bertrand Russell (I think...)

News Comments > Sunday Patches
7. Re: Sunday Patches Nov 30, 2015, 15:09 Wowbagger_TIP

I got my Steam Link set up last weekend. So far I've only played Ori with the controller. I found the analog stick to be over-sensitive. I'd like to see some sort of walkthrough of the capabilities of the controller. Right now I don't really know what alternative control schemes might work better.

Also, I've heard that you have to jump through some hoops to use a PS4 wireless controller with it. The XBone wireless adapter apparently won't work with it at all. Not sure if there are any other decent wireless alternatives to the Steam controller.

News Comments > Rocket League Adding Portal Content Tomorrow
5. Re: Rocket League Adding Portal Content Tomorrow Nov 30, 2015, 14:00 Wowbagger_TIP

I wish I didn't suck at this game :-/

It's pretty fun, but the AI at Pro level (next level up from the easiest, Rookie) beats me almost every time. I think u need to get better at flying and reading the ball.

News Comments > Rainbow Six: Siege Open Beta Begins
8. Re: Rainbow Six: Siege Open Beta Begins Nov 27, 2015, 11:33 Wowbagger_TIP

Wowbagger_TIP wrote on Nov 26, 2015, 20:26:
LanikTnt wrote on Nov 26, 2015, 16:50:
It says its supposed to be in your games list when you use the uplay app but I dont see it. What gives?

I have the same problem, and I have a ticket in to UPlay support for it. According to their first response to me, it's supposed to show up in your "Free Games" list. But it doesn't show up for me. No resolution yet.

Ok, according to their support, if you have Steam, the game may not show up in your Free Games list in UPlay. But you can go to the Steam page for the game and down that page a little ways there is a banner that says "Click here to play the open beta". Use that instead.

News Comments > Rainbow Six: Siege Open Beta Begins
6. Re: Rainbow Six: Siege Open Beta Begins Nov 26, 2015, 20:26 Wowbagger_TIP

LanikTnt wrote on Nov 26, 2015, 16:50:
It says its supposed to be in your games list when you use the uplay app but I dont see it. What gives?

I have the same problem, and I have a ticket in to UPlay support for it. According to their first response to me, it's supposed to show up in your "Free Games" list. But it doesn't show up for me. No resolution yet.

News Comments > Into the Black
1. Re: Into the Black Nov 25, 2015, 21:08 Wowbagger_TIP

Ok, those were pretty hilarious  

News Comments > Fallout 4 Patch Plans
47. Re: Fallout 4 Patch Plans Nov 21, 2015, 01:05 Wowbagger_TIP

Regardless of any of that, there's still no reason anyone needs to run the game at 90+ fps, and there was no reason for them to spend time making that possible when there were a million other more important things to use that time for.

Game has been running great for me. I have a mid-tier gaming machine (couple year old i7, R9 390, 8GB RAM), and I haven't had any problems with stuttering in or out of the city. Just the weird weapon switch thing, and some strange pipboy graphics glitches when in sneak mode with chameleon armor active

Hopefully the patch fixes things and doesn't create any new issues. I'll probably just let it autoupdate and see how it goes.

News Comments > Fallout 4 Patch Plans
17. Re: Fallout 4 Patch Plans Nov 20, 2015, 00:54 Wowbagger_TIP

I haven't experience much trouble with the game at all. Had the weapon switching issues, where my gun would be invisible sometimes, and a weird issue once where the pipboy interface somehow messed up the cursor so that it was offset by some amount after that. But that just happened once. Never had the issue getting stuck to a terminal.

All in all, this is probably the least buggy-at-release Beth game I've played. I'll probably get the beta patch. Maybe it'll fix the weapon switching thing.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
6. Re: Morning Safety Dance Nov 19, 2015, 01:25 Wowbagger_TIP

I think the plan has little to do with foreign terrorists, and everything to do with the surveillance state. If effective encryption is banned, then they don't even need to worry about what you're actually protecting with it. You're already a criminal! No fuss, no muss on their part. They can just lock you up and be done. The prisons make their cash and everyone in power is happy.  

News Comments > Just Cause 3 4K Trailer
16. Re: Just Cause 3 4K Trailer Nov 19, 2015, 00:10 Wowbagger_TIP

Kxmode wrote on Nov 18, 2015, 19:16:
Burrito of Peace wrote on Nov 18, 2015, 13:28:
Linthat22 wrote on Nov 18, 2015, 10:46:
pssssht, I'm waiting for this 4k fad to pass. Bring on 8k!!!

8K is for peasants with AMD hardware. The real action is at 16K.

That's just superfluous. Anyone with any sense knows 64K is where it's at.

Well, I'll just go ahead and point out that nobody will ever need more than 640K

News Comments > Green Man Gaming Key Sources Follow-up
10. Re: Green Man Gaming Key Sources Follow-up Nov 18, 2015, 22:43 Wowbagger_TIP

Only problem I've had was my Witcher 3 key showing up a little late. I did get it a few hours later, and it worked. They gave me a 40% off coupon as well. Unfortunately they neglected to put the expiration date someplace prominent. I thought since it was kind of an apology coupon that it wouldn't expire. Sadly, no. It was buried in their usual boilerplate black section at the bottom. That kinda pissed me off. But as long as they're offering good prices, I'll probably still buy from them. I don't really care about Steam refund. I tend to know for sure whether I want a game or not before I buy.  

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront Released
39. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Released Nov 17, 2015, 15:05 Wowbagger_TIP

Tumbler wrote on Nov 17, 2015, 14:44:
KS wrote on Nov 17, 2015, 12:59:
Getting it out the door before the movie is 2,400% the driving factor. If they were short on time, someone goofed. This is the biggest game company securing the rights to the biggest franchise property. No room for amature management.

I don't think there is anything amateur about this. It's just not possible to make a game better than this in such a short period of time.

As a consumer I'm certain you'll have the option to buy a more complete game a year from now for $60 that includes most, if not all, of the DLC in the season pass. If anything EA just gave consumers the option to buy in early at a higher price or wait until next year when the game can be properly released with all the content you'd expect for $60.

It's not marketed that way though, but there seems to be no confusion that a lot of additional content is coming to fill this game out. Given the two choices, wait and play this late in 2016 with everything and feel good about $60 or get it early and pay a higher price to play it now and get updates over the next year I'm not sure this is such a bad choice.

I got some RPG's to finish though. Getting close to the end of Divinity Original sin, then Wasteland 2 and Pillars of Eternity, then Fallout 4, then...Hearthstone, gotta work that in too... so many games to play.

As someone pointed out earlier, given the size of the companies and franchise involved, if they didn't have enough time, then someone screwed up royally.

News Comments > Fallen Enchantress Ultimate Edition Released
3. Re: Fallen Enchantress Ultimate Edition Released Nov 16, 2015, 22:43 Wowbagger_TIP

Jivaro wrote on Nov 16, 2015, 22:02:
Am I missing something? You have to buy the whole thing all over again? If you own Fallen Enchantress or the Legendary Heroes exp pack you can't do some kind of upgrade?

It's like selling a game the same way the cable company sells it's services. Charge existing customers the most when they renew, give your discounts to the new customers.

Pretty sure you get all the new stuff for free if you already own another edition. It says so right in the quote up there. I'll quote it again for your convenience:
If you already own these titles, you donít have to purchase the Ultimate Edition to enjoy all of these new features - we have added them into the existing versions of the game.Ē

News Comments > etc.
2. Re: etc. Nov 16, 2015, 15:19 Wowbagger_TIP

I leave that poor mutt all over the place. I play a mostly stealth char right now, so I'm always ordering him to stay before I go in somewhere that I want to be quiet. Then I forget to go back and get him half the time. So far he's always shown up again for me. Nice to have the console command just in case though.  

News Comments > Fallout 4 Shipped 12M on Day One
129. Re: Fallout 4 Shipped 12M on Day One Nov 15, 2015, 22:36 Wowbagger_TIP

bleh  

News Comments > TRANSFORMERS: Devastation DLC
7. Re: TRANSFORMERS: Devastation DLC Nov 15, 2015, 02:15 Wowbagger_TIP

Meh... total GoBots ripoff.  

News Comments > Fallout 4 Popular
51. Re: Fallout 4 Popular Nov 11, 2015, 17:40 Wowbagger_TIP

Creston wrote on Nov 11, 2015, 17:11:
Alamar wrote on Nov 11, 2015, 10:36:
I do like the one click to dump off crafting 'Junk' though,

Wait what what what what what???!!! What? How? Where?????

That's available when you're dumping at the workbench. There's a key to dump all "junk" items automatically. Don't remember what key, but it shows it on the screen at the bottom.

News Comments > Steam Hardware Launches
20. Re: Steam Hardware Launches Nov 11, 2015, 17:37 Wowbagger_TIP

I just put the batteries in mine, but didn't have any problem with the cover. Push the little slider to the right and the cover pops open. Closing it, it just clicks back into place. I didn't feel like I could break it. Hoping to give the controller a try later tonight.  

News Comments > Steam Hardware Launches
4. Re: Steam Hardware Launches Nov 10, 2015, 21:39 Wowbagger_TIP

My Steam Link and controller just arrived today. I probably won't get to spend any time with it until this weekend though. Stupid job... Furious2  

4214 Comments. 211 pages. Viewing page 7.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo