Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Arthur Dent

Real Name Arthur Dent   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Wowbagger_TIP
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 3, 2001, 22:20
Total Comments 4370 (Master)
User ID 9540

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Borderlands 3 Video Catch-up
25. Re: I watched more DOOM videos (not all of them [TL;DW]), with a guy's commentaries, from YouTube... Aug 10, 2017, 00:16 Wowbagger_TIP

eRe4s3r wrote on Aug 8, 2017, 18:23:
SpectralMeat wrote on Aug 8, 2017, 16:15:
I've played most previous BL games in solo. I just can't commit to a time when people available to play coop.
If solo will be an afterthought in BL3 I'll skip it.

So did I, but I would not call it a fun experience.... and quite a bit of "raid" content is not accessible to you and a few of the boss fights are absolutely unfair (not spawning any easy to kill enemies to get back on foot, the Jack fight in particular comes to mind)

But really it's my primary fear for Anthem, when a game demos on E3 in coop, then it's designed as coop game. SP will be horrible to play.

Yeah, that was my concern about Anthem too. Game looks amazing, but I can't really dedicate time to playing with a group on anything resembling a consistent basis. I do remember reading something from an interview where they said it would be fully playable as a solo game, but you could probably say that about Borderlands too.

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." -- Bertrand Russell (I think...)
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

21. Re: I watched more DOOM videos (not all of them [TL;DW]), with a guy's commentaries, from YouTube... Aug 8, 2017, 01:43 Wowbagger_TIP

Primalchrome wrote on Aug 7, 2017, 09:55:
Retired wrote on Aug 6, 2017, 21:04:
I don't have the weapons to defeat the side bosses.
Note that the bosses everyone is complaining about are referred to as "Raid Bosses". They're not meant to be taken down solo. It's not a matter of the weapon you're using...hit them with a party of 3+ or 2+ if you're geared for multiplayer play.

I don't do multiplayer in these kinds of games. Don't understand why they would gate that stuff for multi. Why not just scale the difficulty to the number of players?

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." -- Bertrand Russell (I think...)

6. Re: I watched more DOOM videos (not all of them [TL;DW]), with a guy's commentaries, from YouTube... Aug 6, 2017, 13:00 Wowbagger_TIP

Rhett wrote on Aug 6, 2017, 12:21:
jdreyer wrote on Aug 6, 2017, 10:57:
Rhett wrote on Aug 6, 2017, 10:45:
Yeah weird that this comes up again...

But anyway, I love Borderlands, and I agree. After I played Destiny, with its much, much better gunplay/feel, it was VERY hard to go back to something as arcadey as Borderlands. And the endgame very poorly done (scaling resulting in being one-twoshot... in a non-realism game where everybody has guns).
Never played Destiny, but you're saying Destiny's controller gunplay is superior to Borderlands mouse and keyboard?

In terms of accuracy, fair point, but I meant the way the guns handle. In Destiny, they feel like legit guns. Recoil, impact, scopes, etc. It feels more grounded that Borderlands' "this shotgun fires 8,000 rocket pellets and can't hit the broad side of a barn". I realize Borderlands is supposed to be crazy like that, but Destiny's handling of loot and randomization was a tad more subtle, and the guns felt much more pleasant to use.

I guess if Borderlands was to keep its own kooky randomized gun-loot system, it's gonna have to take some liberties there, however. I'm just hoping they look at Destiny's handling of things and take some notes.

My main issue with Borderlands was the mountain of junk weapons that drop. I think they need to tighten that up somehow so that we get fewer, but better, drops. Yeah, they're still mostly not going to be good enough to replace whatever you're already using, but at least there would be much less junk to deal with.

Also, the endgame bosses seemed to be tuned to players having the god-tier weapons, which take forever to grind for. Seems like there should be some difficulty settings to adjust for things like that. If I don't want to spend 100 hours grinding for the best guns, then I shouldn't have to face a boss designed for those guns.

News Comments > Path of Exile: The Fall of Oriath Rises
1. Re: I watched more DOOM videos (not all of them [TL;DW]), with a guy's commentaries, from YouTube... Aug 5, 2017, 02:05 Wowbagger_TIP

They have seriously made a lot of improvements! New map window/overlay, new help system, major performance improvements, etc. Oh, and the 6 new acts of course! So glad we don't have to repeat the same 4 acts anymore. So much nicer to only go through them once.  

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
4. Re: I watched more DOOM videos (not all of them [TL;DW]), with a guy's commentaries, from YouTube... Aug 2, 2017, 20:40 Wowbagger_TIP

Saboth wrote on Aug 2, 2017, 19:04:
Utilities are regulated because they are necessities and vital. You need water, heat, gas, etc. You do not need Facebook or Google. The internet on the other hand...yes, that's another necessity to modern life. Yet the GOP doesn't think that should be regulated like a utility.

This, precisely.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
14. Re: I watched more DOOM videos (not all of them [TL;DW]), with a guy's commentaries, from YouTube... Aug 2, 2017, 01:20 Wowbagger_TIP

Pigeon wrote on Aug 1, 2017, 18:24:
GothicWizard wrote on Aug 1, 2017, 17:48:
Alex Jones is either totally insane or the best PR/huckster since RonCo.

If you're a bat shit loony might as well play to the crowd and get rich in the process.

Sigh... why are people so stupid?

News Comments > Sunday Legal Briefs
18. Re: I watched more DOOM videos (not all of them [TL;DW]), with a guy's commentaries, from YouTube... Jul 31, 2017, 20:29 Wowbagger_TIP

Cutter wrote on Jul 31, 2017, 12:13:
Mr. Tact wrote on Jul 30, 2017, 23:38:
Cutter, I suggest you petition your local government to eliminate their police force. Clearly you don't need them...

That's right, we don't. At least I don't. Maybe you're all too weak, stupid, and cowardly you NEED police but most of the world has got along just fine without them for its entire history and that includes most of the world today. They're the single biggest cost to any city and provide the least ROI.

Sure, and if you'd like to go back to the living standards of centuries ago, be my guest. But around here, we like living past 50 and having access to the trappings of modern society.

I'll still keep a gun around, and I'll avoid interaction with police whenever possible, but they do serve a purpose. We just need to rein them in since the lack of accountability is corrosive to the relationship between the police and the public.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
8. Re: I watched more DOOM videos (not all of them [TL;DW]), with a guy's commentaries, from YouTube... Jul 30, 2017, 21:41 Wowbagger_TIP

RedEye9 wrote on Jul 30, 2017, 18:11:
jacobvandy wrote on Jul 30, 2017, 17:29:
RedEye9 wrote on Jul 30, 2017, 14:08:
CSGO stickers and graffiti claim second place, slow week in the gaming world.

Or, to many of the tens of millions of people involved with one of the biggest communities that exist in gaming, it was one of the most exciting weeks of the year... I'm not into it, either, but you're essentially dismissing the television ratings for the first week of February because you don't watch pro football.
I thought the Steam top 10 best selling games list was for top selling games. But it's their list and if they want to include people spending a small fortune on a collection of pretend stickers, so be it.

Making money is making money. Doesn't really matter how the game does it, as long as people are willing to part with their cash.

News Comments > More Free Games with GOG Preorders
5. Re: I watched more DOOM videos (not all of them [TL;DW]), with a guy's commentaries, from YouTube... Jul 29, 2017, 18:51 Wowbagger_TIP

Ludomancer wrote on Jul 29, 2017, 18:49:
"...reworked by GOG-engineers for smoother gameplay on modern machines..."

GOG Engineers? Why do people who write such idiocy think they deserve me as a customer?

Huh?

News Comments > Destiny 2 Beta Next Month; Specs Revealed
22. Re: I watched more DOOM videos (not all of them [TL;DW]), with a guy's commentaries, from YouTube... Jul 28, 2017, 20:11 Wowbagger_TIP

SlimRam wrote on Jul 28, 2017, 17:06:
jacobvandy wrote on Jul 28, 2017, 16:55:
Cutter wrote on Jul 28, 2017, 16:49:
Yeah, why go after 95% of the market, right?

Windows 7 is 36% and shrinking.

It's actually more like 50%.

Among gamers/enthusiasts? I doubt that. That number probably includes a huge number of business PCs that never get OS upgrades, they just get replaced when they hit EOL eventually.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
8. Re: I watched more DOOM videos (not all of them [TL;DW]), with a guy's commentaries, from YouTube... Jul 23, 2017, 16:19 Wowbagger_TIP

Cutter wrote on Jul 23, 2017, 15:44:
Really? You actually liked that dreck? It's not the worst novel ever but it's a strong contender. Absolutely nonsensical premise, poorly written characters, plotholes you could fly a 747 through, etc. It's all style and no substance. I can see why Spielberg would be attracted to that. I'd much rather see something actually good like Neuromancer or Snow Crash show up on the big screen.

I just got through Snow Crash again, since I read it the first time about 20 years ago. It didn't really hold up well. The conversations between Hiro and the librarian program were just these long tedious passages of exposition, written in a way that felt forced and unnatural. I forgot how bad the dialog for YT was too. Hell, most of the dialog was bad. While the story and some of the world-building aspects are still interesting, the execution wasn't great.

News Comments > Path of Exile: The Fall of Oriath Next Month
21. Re: I watched more DOOM videos (not all of them [TL;DW]), with a guy's commentaries, from YouTube... Jul 21, 2017, 01:27 Wowbagger_TIP

They've also created a solo-self-found option for those who want to challenge themselves that way. I won't use it, but it's there

Adding 6 more acts for a total of 10, and removing all but one difficulty level is the biggest thing for me. Looking forward to all that new content, and not having to repeat the same 4 acts 3 times in a row!

They also streamlined the Labyrinth somewhat so that it's not such a randomly brutal and ridiculously long task for lower level players. The first 2 instances are much smaller than they used to be now, and the boss won't have some of the nastier powers that he can get later.

The new MTX interface looks amazing too! I can finally find all my armors and effects and not have to deal with the pain in the ass way we had to apply and remove them before. Best QoL ever!

Ok, maybe not best, almost forgot they also added dynamic resolution scaling now, which gives us a massive performance increase in those situations like groups or really spammy skill builds with lots of environmental effects going on.

News Comments > Telltale Announces New Batman; The Walking Dead, and The Wolf Among Us Series
6. Re: I watched more DOOM videos (not all of them [TL;DW]), with a guy's commentaries, from YouTube... Jul 21, 2017, 01:20 Wowbagger_TIP

I would like another season of Borderlands too!  

News Comments > Telltale Announces New Batman; The Walking Dead, and The Wolf Among Us Series
1. Re: I watched more DOOM videos (not all of them [TL;DW]), with a guy's commentaries, from YouTube... Jul 19, 2017, 19:40 Wowbagger_TIP

Looking forward to a new Wolf Among Us. First one was pretty cool.  

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
3. Re: I watched more DOOM videos (not all of them [TL;DW]), with a guy's commentaries, from YouTube... Jul 14, 2017, 20:18 Wowbagger_TIP

Cutter wrote on Jul 13, 2017, 18:39:
All I want to see - required by law - are rear facing cameras that can detect tailgaters and send a signal to the other vehicle to force it to slow down and/or report it to the police with accompanying footage to bust them. That'd put an end to that horseshit PDQ.

Heh, police are some of the worst offenders when it comes to tailgating. I see them doing it all the time around here.

News Comments > Devoid of Shadows Released
2. Re: I watched more DOOM videos (not all of them [TL;DW]), with a guy's commentaries, from YouTube... Jul 14, 2017, 20:15 Wowbagger_TIP

Wow, that looks terrible.  

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
12. Re: I watched more DOOM videos (not all of them [TL;DW]), with a guy's commentaries, from YouTube... Jul 8, 2017, 21:21 Wowbagger_TIP

jdreyer wrote on Jul 8, 2017, 19:21:
It's almost a shame that the sign wasn't there because the object would burn someone.

Maybe deliver a massive shock. That would have been hilarious

Maybe they should have written the sign just for him:

Do not touch, Mike! - God

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
7. Re: I watched more DOOM videos (not all of them [TL;DW]), with a guy's commentaries, from YouTube... Jul 8, 2017, 18:11 Wowbagger_TIP

RedEye9 wrote on Jul 8, 2017, 16:59:
Some think that he dumbs his speech down to the plebeians vernacular, but I don't see him being smart enough to consistently do that all the time.

I mean sooner or later he would have to slip up and say something intelligent. Time will tell I guess.

It's kind of funny, because it means those people are saying that the majority of his base consists of idiots that he must speak down to. Not sure that's a great thing to be claiming about your party.

It's not true, of course. He's an idiot too. It's not just the words he uses, it's the incredibly stupid things he says and does, and the fact that he can't stop himself from rambling on.

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
2. Re: I watched more DOOM videos (not all of them [TL;DW]), with a guy's commentaries, from YouTube... Jul 8, 2017, 13:08 Wowbagger_TIP

Haven't actually had any problems with it. Just been continually deferring the Creators Edition update. It didn't seem to add anything I was really interested in.  

News Comments > Diablo III Season 11 This Month
10. Re: I watched more DOOM videos (not all of them [TL;DW]), with a guy's commentaries, from YouTube... Jul 6, 2017, 22:32 Wowbagger_TIP

With Path of Exile about to release 6 new acts, along with a heap of other new stuff and balance changes, I can't get excited about D3. If I need anymore ARPG gametime before then, I'd rather just play some more Grim Dawn, or Dying Light if I want more action.  

4370 Comments. 219 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo