Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Arthur Dent

Real Name Arthur Dent   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Wowbagger_TIP
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 3, 2001, 22:20
Total Comments 4466 (Master)
User ID 9540

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Twitch Prime and Amazon Prime Changes
3. Re: I watched more DOOM videos (not all of them [TL;DW]), with a guy's commentaries, from YouTube... Aug 20, 2018, 21:57 Wowbagger_TIP

Sepharo wrote on Aug 20, 2018, 20:58:
Wowbagger_TIP wrote on Aug 20, 2018, 20:01:
Twitch Turbo is ad-free for $8.99/mo. So, Twitch Prime is now basically worthless as an included service with Amazon Prime. They throw some free games at you every month, but it's mostly shovelware crap, along with the occasional hat or whatever.

Because of ad blocking I didn't even realize that Twitch Prime removing ads was even a feature.
The main use of Twitch Prime to me was always that free monthly subscription... and according to the new formulation, that free sub will still remove ads for that channel.

Yeah, true, it still does that, at least for channels that allow it.

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." -- Bertrand Russell (I think...)
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Twitch Prime and Amazon Prime Changes
1. Re: I watched more DOOM videos (not all of them [TL;DW]), with a guy's commentaries, from YouTube... Aug 20, 2018, 20:01 Wowbagger_TIP

Twitch Turbo is ad-free for $8.99/mo. So, Twitch Prime is now basically worthless as an included service with Amazon Prime. They throw some free games at you every month, but it's mostly shovelware crap, along with the occasional hat or whatever.  

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." -- Bertrand Russell (I think...)

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
28. Re: I watched more DOOM videos (not all of them [TL;DW]), with a guy's commentaries, from YouTube... Aug 15, 2018, 00:12 Wowbagger_TIP

Verno wrote on Aug 14, 2018, 09:29:
Wowbagger_TIP wrote on Aug 13, 2018, 22:06:
And hilariously, we now have both Christians and white men telling us how aggrieved and persecuted they are. So much so that they need their own DOJ task force and pride parades. Jesus fuck, things have gone completely bizarro world insane.

At least with LGBTQwhatever people and minorities, they have faced actual persecution. This kind of shit is massively counter-productive over-compensation and completely ridiculous, but I can at least understand where it comes from, while still finding it stupid.

Why wouldn't they? If you can't beat em, join em and arguably white people are asked to shoulder a lot of blame for various things these days. Of course they are complaining, frankly its the logical conclusion when minorities start overreaching and overcompensating for past persecution. They see what works for others and they mimic it. That's the problem with the victim narratives, past or present everyone has one and shit like Twitter gives them a megaphone.

Anyways Hollywood has been gay friendly for awhile now so this sort of nonsense seems entirely unnecessary and probably hurts more than it helps. Just makes people roll their eyes and tune it out. It's like scar tissue, it keeps building up and eventually people aren't going to be receptive anymore.

What is overcompensating, versus just compensating? Stuff like the Ruby Rose situation definitely seems like the former, as I said earlier, but most things that people are getting butthurt over fall into the latter category I think.

People are mad that they get called out for being assholes and treating people like shit just because of their race, gender, sexual identity, etc. They want it to be like the old days when you could bash the gays and get away with it.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
21. Re: I watched more DOOM videos (not all of them [TL;DW]), with a guy's commentaries, from YouTube... Aug 13, 2018, 22:06 Wowbagger_TIP

NicklePop wrote on Aug 13, 2018, 19:06:
Censor everything but cat gifs, problem solved.

(and liberal worldviews)

Too funny!

Democrats have certainly exposed their Leninist / Jacobin roots lately.

No, a bunch of asshats on Twitter are being asshats on Twitter. That's pretty much the sum total of what happened in this case.

Verno wrote on Aug 13, 2018, 14:02:
Agent.X7 wrote on Aug 13, 2018, 12:52:
Edit, read story. So...she comes off as gay, turns out she is gay, and she's...NOT GAY ENOUGH?

PC culture, man. Just, fuck it.

I think PC culture is a riot because this sort of cannibalism and infighting is the inevitable result. When everyone is a victim eventually it comes down to quibbling about status and who is more aggrieved.

And hilariously, we now have both Christians and white men telling us how aggrieved and persecuted they are. So much so that they need their own DOJ task force and pride parades. Jesus fuck, things have gone completely bizarro world insane.

At least with LGBTQwhatever people and minorities, they have faced actual persecution. This kind of shit is massively counter-productive over-compensation and completely ridiculous, but I can at least understand where it comes from, while still finding it stupid.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
9. Re: I watched more DOOM videos (not all of them [TL;DW]), with a guy's commentaries, from YouTube... Aug 11, 2018, 18:36 Wowbagger_TIP

jdreyer wrote on Aug 11, 2018, 15:20:
PETA roasts Impossible Burger for rat tests, suggests patties cause cancer.

While I appreciate in theory why an organization like PETA exists, what they do in practice can often be dumb and counterproductive. It's like a police officer ticketing on a jaywalker while in view of a mugging, a carjacking, and a bank robbery.

Not saying they don't do dumb things, but they aren't focused on all the ills of the world, just on our treatment of animals. I've watched some of the videos of the factory farms and that shit is hideous, so I can't blame them for fighting against stuff like that.

I don't think the cop metaphor works at all. They aren't cops and don't have a responsibility to police all crime. They are focused on a specific area that law enforcement generally ignores.

News Comments > Path of Exile Delve This Month
1. Re: I watched more DOOM videos (not all of them [TL;DW]), with a guy's commentaries, from YouTube... Aug 10, 2018, 00:04 Wowbagger_TIP

The content that GGG manages to turn out every few months for PoE is nothing short of amazing. Not every league has been a big hit, but they're all pretty damned impressive. They do keep the game fresh.  

News Comments > Saturday Safety Dance
8. Re: Saturday Safety Dance Jul 29, 2018, 16:33 Wowbagger_TIP

Love the reply from the CS professor in the article:

"When I hear 'if we can put a man on the moon, we can do this' I'm hearing an analogy almost saying 'if we can put a man on the moon, surely we can put a man on the sun,'"

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
5. Re: I watched more DOOM videos (not all of them [TL;DW]), with a guy's commentaries, from YouTube... Jul 28, 2018, 13:44 Wowbagger_TIP

Yeah, if you can't have an army of fake followers to legitimize you, what good is Twitter?  

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
5. Re: Morning Safety Dance Jul 21, 2018, 00:34 Wowbagger_TIP

Well, since the GOP-controlled Congress has decided we don't need to do anything to defend against attacks on our election, or right-wing terrorism, I guess the FBI has a bunch of people with nothing much to do.  

News Comments > MOTHERGUNSHIP Launches
1. Re: I watched more DOOM videos (not all of them [TL;DW]), with a guy's commentaries, from YouTube... Jul 21, 2018, 00:30 Wowbagger_TIP

So, you basically just duct tape a bunch of guns together to make a bigger gun? This looks retarded.  

News Comments > Politicians to Livestream Games on Twitch
15. Re: I watched more DOOM videos (not all of them [TL;DW]), with a guy's commentaries, from YouTube... Jul 19, 2018, 01:32 Wowbagger_TIP

WaltC wrote on Jul 18, 2018, 11:19:
WaPo and NYT = Fake News Kings,imo.

I always feel like Walt is just some dude playing a caricature of an old boomer.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
19. Re: I watched more DOOM videos (not all of them [TL;DW]), with a guy's commentaries, from YouTube... Jul 9, 2018, 23:25 Wowbagger_TIP

Kxmode wrote on Jul 9, 2018, 19:17:
That video is maddening. That's not how eBay - or the Internet for the most part - looked in 1998. It looks more like Prodigy from 1992.

It says 88. The Internet was basically just text at that point. I was still using BBSs up through about 94-95 at least. Online shopping was basically the same as ordering from a catalog.

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
2. Re: I watched more DOOM videos (not all of them [TL;DW]), with a guy's commentaries, from YouTube... Jul 9, 2018, 22:06 Wowbagger_TIP

Huffman is rather full of shit. Reddit is a bunch of speech silos, and he claims that the best solution to hate speech and racism is to repudiate their views in free conversation. This is not an effective solution due to the bubbles that are created within Reddit, so that you can't engage directly with someone in a sub like /r/The_Donald, because you get banned instantly for any criticism. You can address it in a different sub, but that does little good, because it likely won't be seen by the people who are viewing the sub where the initial speech happened.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
2. Re: I watched more DOOM videos (not all of them [TL;DW]), with a guy's commentaries, from YouTube... Jul 6, 2018, 21:42 Wowbagger_TIP

Well, net neutrality was nice while it lasted...  

News Comments > Destiny 2 Free Weekend Underway
1. Re: Destiny 2 Free Weekend Underway Jul 6, 2018, 21:40 Wowbagger_TIP

Not even once. Not even for free.  

News Comments > Anthem Gameplay Video
3. Re: Anthem Gameplay Video Jul 5, 2018, 22:20 Wowbagger_TIP

I wonder what it's like to hate everything...  

News Comments > Elite Dangerous: Beyond - Chapter Two Launches
4. Re: I watched more DOOM videos (not all of them [TL;DW]), with a guy's commentaries, from YouTube... Jun 28, 2018, 20:00 Wowbagger_TIP

I picked up the game, and a Saitek X52 Pro stick/throttle, but haven't managed to get it configured properly yet so that I don't need to use the keyboard, and can use my Rift.  

News Comments > On Sale
4. Re: I watched more DOOM videos (not all of them [TL;DW]), with a guy's commentaries, from YouTube... Jun 22, 2018, 20:46 Wowbagger_TIP

I seem to remember the Factorio devs saying they don't do sales. So, wouldn't expect to pick that one up cheaper.  

News Comments > Tencent and Grinding Gear
18. Re: I watched more DOOM videos (not all of them [TL;DW]), with a guy's commentaries, from YouTube... May 21, 2018, 20:02 Wowbagger_TIP

The new Incursion league starts on June 1. Looks pretty sweet too. I'm really not worried about this acquisition. It looks like it will mainly affect the Chinese version of the game, which is already different and completely separate from the international version.

Chris Wilson has expressed a desire to be more focused on the development of the game, and spend less time on the business and marketing sides of things. This could help him to do that, and make his life much more pleasant. I'm all for that.

GGG knows their audience, and they know that P2W stuff would be suicide for the game, so I don't expect anything like that to happen.

News Comments > Star Control: Origins Trailer
5. Re: I watched more DOOM videos (not all of them [TL;DW]), with a guy's commentaries, from YouTube... May 19, 2018, 18:10 Wowbagger_TIP

Tom wrote on May 19, 2018, 13:27:
I still don't trust Stardock to come anywhere near doing justice to SC2, but I have to admit this looked better than I was expecting.

Yeah, that's what i was thinking too. I liked SoaSE, but haven't been very impressed with anything else they've done. This does look pretty good though. Hopefully it plays as good as it looks from the trailer.

4466 Comments. 224 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo