Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Arthur Dent

Real Name Arthur Dent   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Wowbagger_TIP
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 3, 2001, 22:20
Total Comments 4448 (Master)
User ID 9540

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Tencent and Grinding Gear
18. Re: I watched more DOOM videos (not all of them [TL;DW]), with a guy's commentaries, from YouTube... May 21, 2018, 20:02 Wowbagger_TIP

The new Incursion league starts on June 1. Looks pretty sweet too. I'm really not worried about this acquisition. It looks like it will mainly affect the Chinese version of the game, which is already different and completely separate from the international version.

Chris Wilson has expressed a desire to be more focused on the development of the game, and spend less time on the business and marketing sides of things. This could help him to do that, and make his life much more pleasant. I'm all for that.

GGG knows their audience, and they know that P2W stuff would be suicide for the game, so I don't expect anything like that to happen.

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." -- Bertrand Russell (I think...)
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Star Control: Origins Trailer
5. Re: I watched more DOOM videos (not all of them [TL;DW]), with a guy's commentaries, from YouTube... May 19, 2018, 18:10 Wowbagger_TIP

Tom wrote on May 19, 2018, 13:27:
I still don't trust Stardock to come anywhere near doing justice to SC2, but I have to admit this looked better than I was expecting.

Yeah, that's what i was thinking too. I liked SoaSE, but haven't been very impressed with anything else they've done. This does look pretty good though. Hopefully it plays as good as it looks from the trailer.

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." -- Bertrand Russell (I think...)

News Comments > Out of the Blue
4. Re: I watched more DOOM videos (not all of them [TL;DW]), with a guy's commentaries, from YouTube... Apr 28, 2018, 20:53 Wowbagger_TIP

Holy shit, that story about the former model. That's the stuff of nightmares. WTF is wrong with people?  

News Comments > etc.
4. Re: I watched more DOOM videos (not all of them [TL;DW]), with a guy's commentaries, from YouTube... Apr 15, 2018, 23:22 Wowbagger_TIP

eRe4s3r wrote on Apr 15, 2018, 21:45:
Maybe schools need to start investing into signal proof walls, ain't as expensive as you think, and very easy to do with mobile signals anyway.

Then how will they be able to live tweet the next school shooting?

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
8. Re: I watched more DOOM videos (not all of them [TL;DW]), with a guy's commentaries, from YouTube... Apr 14, 2018, 12:00 Wowbagger_TIP

Bill Nye seems to have suffered a similar fate, or at least his viewers have suffered anyway.  

News Comments > Ghost Recon Wildlands Gets Splinter Cell Mission Tomorrow
3. Re: I watched more DOOM videos (not all of them [TL;DW]), with a guy's commentaries, from YouTube... Apr 12, 2018, 23:32 Wowbagger_TIP

Moog wrote on Apr 10, 2018, 07:59:
The mission will be available for a limited time only, so be sure to finish it before May 2 to get access to special items, such as Sam Fisher's night-vision goggles.

FFS! Why make it time limited!

Yeah, that's fucking ridiculous. I hate these kinds of stupid stunts they pull. Just give us the damned mission!

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
7. Re: I watched more DOOM videos (not all of them [TL;DW]), with a guy's commentaries, from YouTube... Apr 8, 2018, 14:36 Wowbagger_TIP

Maybe we should fix our laws so that it's not his choice anymore.  

News Comments > Star Control Origins Trailer
11. Re: I watched more DOOM videos (not all of them [TL;DW]), with a guy's commentaries, from YouTube... Apr 7, 2018, 01:10 Wowbagger_TIP

meh

If they'd said or done something funny, that might have helped. Will definitely wait for several reviews before I even consider this one.

Shame, though. I loved SC2.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
22. Re: I watched more DOOM videos (not all of them [TL;DW]), with a guy's commentaries, from YouTube... Mar 29, 2018, 19:59 Wowbagger_TIP

Beamer wrote on Mar 28, 2018, 14:55:
Tipsy McStagger wrote on Mar 28, 2018, 14:42:
Do you talk nice about anything cutter? You seem pretty miserable all the time.

I had 142 orders in 2017, 45 in 2018 so far and 10 in 2016.

Out of those orders, we've had 3 problems where we contacted amazon CS. Refunds were promptly handled on all cases. I found their CS to be awesome. I've started pretty much buying every small object from deodorant to light bulbs from amazon.

I think he claims to have a flip phone, too, so I'm not surprised he's living in 1998 still.

But wow. 142. I was around 40 last year, 40 the year before, 70 the year before that, 26 already this year. I've done big orders and small. I rarely, if ever, buy clothing in person anymore. Why? Better sales online, more selection online, and if you have a brand you know fits you, stick with it. If not? Buy somewhere with free returns.

I was at 33 orders in 2016, 95 last year, and 17 so far this year. Can't beat the convenience. Prices are generally competitive. Returns usually aren't much trouble, and the few times I've had to deal with their CS, it hasn't been a problem at all.

As for the Trump issue, I thought it was his position that not paying taxes makes you smart. Oh, and remember how he was going to close the carried interest loophole and not benefit from the tax reform at all? Funny how he's always full of shit on all of this stuff. He's only out to benefit himself. If they do end up closing the loophole, it'll probably have exceptions for businesses like Trump's.

News Comments > Red Faction Guerrilla Re-Mars-tered Edition Announced
20. Re: I watched more DOOM videos (not all of them [TL;DW]), with a guy's commentaries, from YouTube... Mar 29, 2018, 18:33 Wowbagger_TIP

Guerrilla was a ton of fun at the time. Don't think I'd buy it again. Got plenty of other things to play in my backlog. I'll stick with the fond memories.  

News Comments > Sea of Thieves Fix Plans
3. Re: I watched more DOOM videos (not all of them [TL;DW]), with a guy's commentaries, from YouTube... Mar 22, 2018, 02:57 Wowbagger_TIP

I watched some gameplay vids at lunch today, but the game looks boring as hell. I have no idea why it's getting so much attention.  

News Comments > HTC VIVE Pro Preorders
16. Re: I watched more DOOM videos (not all of them [TL;DW]), with a guy's commentaries, from YouTube... Mar 19, 2018, 13:16 Wowbagger_TIP

rawbelly wrote on Mar 19, 2018, 12:18:
annnnd, if you need a new GPU to get you going? hehehe GLHF

sell the cars and your babies.

Yeah, I was just looking around at GPUs, and holy crap, the prices are ridiculous. Guess I keep waiting.

News Comments > On Far Cry 5 Microtransactions
21. Re: I watched more DOOM videos (not all of them [TL;DW]), with a guy's commentaries, from YouTube... Mar 17, 2018, 14:24 Wowbagger_TIP

Yeah, this seems like a non-issue in a non-pvp game. I won't be buying any boosters, and I couldn't really care less if others do. It doesn't affect me.  

News Comments > Saturday Legal Briefs
19. Re: I watched more DOOM videos (not all of them [TL;DW]), with a guy's commentaries, from YouTube... Mar 4, 2018, 19:57 Wowbagger_TIP

RedEye9 wrote on Mar 4, 2018, 17:32:
NKD wrote on Mar 4, 2018, 15:50:
Has WaltC ever actually read or responded to anyones posts here? He just spews his opinion and leaves.
It's the small blessings in life that count.

Old man yells at cloud...

News Comments > The Division Celebrates 20M Players
4. Re: I watched more DOOM videos (not all of them [TL;DW]), with a guy's commentaries, from YouTube... Mar 2, 2018, 00:39 Wowbagger_TIP

I initially liked the SP part of the game when it came out, but they screwed everything up so bad for the first year after release that I never bothered to go back. Still can't bring myself to get back into it. Mostly the missions were terrible. Always exactly the same. Just a bunch of bullet sponge guys to kill wave after wave of. They really needed to add some random branches and events to the missions to keep them more fresh.

The Dark Zone was a mess of hackers and griefers, and while it could be fun for a little while, you'd eventually run into those guys and then it would suck. The level ranges for the zones were too wide as well, as you could end up against people with FAR better gear who would annihilate you in seconds. Oh, and gear balance was shit too.

Overall, they did a shit job on the game with everything but the visuals, and then they spent the next couple of years trying to fix it all, and basically getting it to where it should have been at release.

News Comments > Trump Calls Game Meeting
13. Re: I watched more DOOM videos (not all of them [TL;DW]), with a guy's commentaries, from YouTube... Mar 2, 2018, 00:17 Wowbagger_TIP

No better way to throw kids into a violent rage than to take their games away. Great idea.  

News Comments > Bullet Train Pulls Out of CPAC
34. Re: I watched more DOOM videos (not all of them [TL;DW]), with a guy's commentaries, from YouTube... Mar 1, 2018, 00:55 Wowbagger_TIP

Scheherazade wrote on Feb 27, 2018, 02:47:
**Rambling snipped**

-scheherazade

Wake me when the GOP applies your logic to any of their many bogeymen, like Muslim terrorists, or scary immigrants that are even more unlikely to ever impact anyone.

News Comments > Bullet Train Pulls Out of CPAC
8. Re: I watched more DOOM videos (not all of them [TL;DW]), with a guy's commentaries, from YouTube... Feb 25, 2018, 21:42 Wowbagger_TIP

We've had conservative pundits and groups blaming violent video games for school shootings. Not sure why Epic pulling out would even be surprising.

News Comments > Diablo III Season 13 Underway
2. Re: I watched more DOOM videos (not all of them [TL;DW]), with a guy's commentaries, from YouTube... Feb 24, 2018, 17:33 Wowbagger_TIP

Yawn. Just waiting for Path of Exile Bestiary league to start next Friday. Looks really fun. I'm constantly amazed at what GGG manages to produce every few months. They just seem to get better and better.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
12. Re: I watched more DOOM videos (not all of them [TL;DW]), with a guy's commentaries, from YouTube... Feb 23, 2018, 21:03 Wowbagger_TIP

Creston wrote on Feb 23, 2018, 17:46:
Yeah it has a SP. It's short, but from hearing from tons of people and reviews, it's apparently very, very good.

I had fun with the SP. Didn't play a lot of MP, but the little I did was also good.

4448 Comments. 223 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo