Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Tim

Real Name Tim   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname VoodooV
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 1, 2001, 15:53
Total Comments 723 (Apprentice)
User ID 9517

User comment history
< Newer [ 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] Older >

News Comments > Piracy versus PC Gaming
83. Re: Pirates=Losers Mar 10, 2007, 01:27 VoodooV

fuck this association game. They take a white collar crime and give it these dark foreboding names such as piracy.

Its copyright infringement, not stealing, not piracy. If you commit copyright infringement, yes you are guilty and you should be punished. But I'm sick of the gaming industry trying to spin its little propaganda machine in order to justify inflated prices. people have their entire livelyhoods invested into anti-copying technology. tell me. does that give one real incentive to eliminate copyright infringement? If they really made ANY progress in stopping infringement. They'd be out of a job. So let's all admit it right here right now. The title of this article shouldn't be Piracy vs PC gaming. It should be Piracy AND PC Gaming. they go hand in hand now and if there were no infringement, there would be no excuse to raise prices to pay for these overly complex schemes that do nothing to stop the true hackers, but inconvenience the legit user, which is stupidly still handing over money to pay for this needless crap.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
5. Re: No subject Mar 9, 2007, 12:55 VoodooV

I have to agree, after saying that their goal (not a guarantee I know) was to get all xbox games compatible on the 360. They really haven't given it much effort IMO. Granted there have been a lot of games that have been updated, but its always been a little here, a little there. Nothing to really indicate they consider that goal important. Meanwhile the PS2 and the Wii have huge selling points with their 100% backwards compatability and Virtual console. Compared to that, MS's efforts to make games BC appears half-assed

They haven't shown that they are committed to meeting their goal. And its not like they're just missing some obscure games and we're being nitpicky. The MechAssault games still haven't been updated and im sure others can list off droves of popular games that have no updates.

Yes I know software emulation is tougher than HW, but hey they should have thought about that before making those goals. They need to make a renewed effort to at the very least get the more popular games updated. I personally could care less if my copy of "Enter the Matrix" never gets an updated. But I would like the Mechassaults and NBA games and Full Spectrum Warrior updated.

News Comments > Evening Q&As
5. Re: City of Hero's Feb 15, 2007, 23:59 VoodooV

That's pretty much when the game started to drag on me. I stuck with it until about lvl 31 I think...then I just gave up

I totally agree about Shadowrun...the last thing the gaming industry needs is another flippin' generic shooter. BOOOORING

News Comments > Gears of War PC... Eventually
6. Re: Pass Feb 15, 2007, 00:19 VoodooV

control scheme will probably be crap

14. No subject Feb 12, 2007, 23:43 VoodooV

relax....its just good funny.

12. No subject Feb 12, 2007, 19:06 VoodooV

Christ, at one point there were 60 PS3s sitting on the floor of my local BB

ill take my $72,000 dollars now please

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
6. Re: No subject Feb 1, 2007, 15:03 VoodooV

someone forgot to take their meds today

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
6. No subject Jan 11, 2007, 10:47 VoodooV

stupid fanboys....

News Comments > Saturday Consolidation
18. No subject Dec 31, 2006, 00:45 VoodooV

just curious, but has anything come out of TB's mouth that doesn't make him sound like a shill for Sony?

News Comments > Saturday Consolidation
14. Re: No subject Dec 24, 2006, 03:47 VoodooV

yeah, luck is the only reason Ill be getting a Wii on Monday. someone posted at Penny-Arcade that Circuit City had some in stock online immediately after I made a post so I saw it right away. I clicked the link and got my order in. a few seconds after I placed the order, It was sold out again.

I tried getting up early to get one at Walmart that very same morning. It was a joke, they only had 9, and there were about 50 people there I had no chance.

12. Re: No subject Dec 15, 2006, 23:38 VoodooV

you just know that some people have to be exploiting this. find a broken TV, buy a Wii and claim the Wii broke it

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
13. No subject Dec 13, 2006, 15:05 VoodooV

god you guys really gotta stop feeding the trolls.

News Comments > Sunday Consolidation
21. Re: Wii-tastic Dec 12, 2006, 10:24 VoodooV

you gotta wonder how many people are just doing this shit to get attention.

got a broken TV? buy a Wii and blame it on the Wii. Hit your girlfriend...blame it on the Wii.

I'm not saying that's what happened, but if we can think it up, chances are someone's already done it.

1. No subject Dec 4, 2006, 11:23 VoodooV

my 360 takes maybe...5-10 seconds longer to startup since the update. nothing major, but an annoyance.

News Comments > LEGO Star Wars II Patches
9. Re: No subject Nov 22, 2006, 12:30 VoodooV

true, its not like the graphics are super advanced or anything

but put Star Wars on anything and people will lap it up. In all fairness, it is a fun little game though, maybe not worth full price, but fun nonetheless

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
6. No subject Oct 12, 2006, 01:48 VoodooV

I want to meet the person that's willing to overpay by a ridiculous amount just to be among the first to have the first PS3's which will undoubtably have bugs in it.

who does that? we make fun of those people right?...right?

8. No subject Oct 11, 2006, 16:50 VoodooV

How can sony be disappointed in the lineup, they declared that people would buy the PS3 even if there were no games.

3. No subject Oct 10, 2006, 11:24 VoodooV

start practicing your fake surprise/outrage expressions now for when the articles about EB employees getting beaten up and their PS3's taken start rolling in.

When they are that obnoxious about rubbing it in the faces of their customers, is anyone going to feel sorry for them?

This comment was edited on Oct 10, 11:27.

News Comments > Empire at War - Forces of Corruption Demo
4. No subject Oct 6, 2006, 03:43 VoodooV

not too shabby. the demo didn't explain a lot of stuff..but the new corruption ability instead of conquering is kinda neat. buzz droids seem kinda useless as they don't cover a large area and enemy fighters AI is actually smart enough to not go where the buzz droids are.

biggest thing I noticed was that in the core game, ground turrets were so ridiculously cheap that losing one was no big deal....turrets cost a lot more now...so you may not want to waste the cash. mobile turrets are kinda neat

News Comments > Steam Fix
27. Re: No subject Oct 3, 2006, 17:48 VoodooV

now its my turn to say you're wrong Riley. I just built a brand new rig last month so I decided that now that I had a PC beefy enough to play HL2, it was time to take it for a spin.

I only have a single network card running on my computer, I do have firewire installed, but its disabled and not active. I disabled my network card and activated steam and put it into offline mode without incident.

Now yes, I dislike how Steam behaves in principle. I think its dumb as hell that you have to disable your network card to get offline mode to work....I don't like how offline mode is not advertised at all as an option and you HAVE to go to the knowledge base to find out how to go into offline mode. It should be as simple as just right clicking on the tray icon and selecting offline mode.

But as much as I disagree with Steam in principle, I cannot deny that it has been more or less a painless experience so far (im a single player only guy). Of course you can also make the argument that I'm only seeing the current version of Steam and that past versions (and hey, maybe future versions) were/will be crappy

723 Comments. 37 pages. Viewing page 14.
< Newer [ 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo