Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Tim

Real Name Tim   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname VoodooV
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 1, 2001, 15:53
Total Comments 724 (Apprentice)
User ID 9517

User comment history
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
7. No subject Apr 20, 2008, 09:36 VoodooV

Anyone who wants the competition to die is either a moron fanboy, or is trying to sell you something at inflated prices.

Have we forgotten already how expensive Intel processors were before AMD were able to compete with them?

Looks like Advocate has some personal issues.

This comment was edited on Apr 20, 09:37.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Penny Arcade Adventures Release Details
21. No subject Mar 28, 2008, 12:00 VoodooV

Even though I think PA can be a bit pretentious. I'm still scooping this game up as soon as it comes out. Gotta love the fruit fucker and their other ancillary characters

Leveling up your character and having it carry over to the next episode, like Mass Effect will do for their trilogy will be fun.

News Comments > Penny Arcade Adventures Release Details
9. Re: ... Mar 27, 2008, 23:19 VoodooV

PA is about 50/50 for me. But yeah, I tend to agree, I think Tycho tries just a wee bit too hard to use words us regular humans would never use. I love the English language too, but I don't love it.

News Comments > More id on PC Gaming
65. No subject Mar 20, 2008, 16:38 VoodooV

opinions and assholes...

News Comments > More id on PC Gaming
12. No subject Mar 20, 2008, 09:51 VoodooV

I think what's starting to happen is that the myth that you need uber graphics to make a good game is starting to die. Yeah, the PC gives you better graphics, but so what?

News Comments > Windows LIVE Boycott
16. No subject Mar 3, 2008, 11:43 VoodooV

Games for Windows has done nothing but drive more people to consoles, which actually could be MS's goal. This boycott is stupid though as it just gives MS more free press.

News Comments > Op Ed
3. No subject Feb 15, 2008, 23:40 VoodooV

I've got this new article that I've written. I hope you all read it. It's called: "8 reasons why articles that reinforce the idea that there is some sort of "war" going on between PC gaming and Console gaming are stupid"

Jesus fuck people, as long as there are PCs there will always be PC gaming. Consoles just control the market right now. End of story.

Be fucking happy that gaming as an industry is growing

This comment was edited on Feb 15, 23:40.

News Comments > Mark Rein - Consoles "Stealing" Hardcore PC Gamers
122. No subject Feb 1, 2008, 17:05 VoodooV

personally, I think if ATI and nVidia hadn't gotten greedy and started charging 400-600 bucks for the high end video cards. People wouldn't have gotten turned off by PC and moved over to consoles.

There used to be a time when 200 bucks could net you the best video card in existence in the TNT/TNT2 days even the Voodoo2 add on cards didn't go higher than that I believe.

But at some point, the cost of video cards skyrocketed. And then they tacked on stupid gimmicks like SLI and Quad SLI. People bought right into it too, believing they had to have it or else they'd be missing out, which was total bullshit.

No wonder people got sick of PC gaming.

I used to be a k/m elitist too, but guess what. If you don't quit your whining and start to at least get used to gamepads, its you that's going to be missing out on the good games in the future, not the people who have chosen to move on and adapt. As long as there are PCs, there will always be PC gaming, but you're deluding yourself if you don't believe that consoles rule the market right now.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
5. Re: No subject Jan 11, 2008, 17:33 VoodooV

kinda hard IMO to rag on those keyboards since they are ancient and they made do for the time. Especially in an era when computers were not mainstream Find me some modern keyboards that are shitty then we can talk.

News Comments > Steam Sale
49. No subject Dec 31, 2007, 15:16 VoodooV

This forum is such a broken record when it comes to Steam.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
3. No subject Dec 17, 2007, 23:43 VoodooV

Three way SLI???? And people wonder why joe blow average is turned off by PC gaming these days.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
1. No subject Dec 14, 2007, 03:06 VoodooV

some of those "1.3" million have got to be the same console being sold again and again and again.

and how many of the 1.3M are poachers just trying to get a profit.

News Comments > Spike VGA Winners
15. No subject Dec 9, 2007, 16:40 VoodooV

Don't worry scrote. There are plenty of 'tards out there living really kick ass lives. My first wife was 'tarded. She's a pilot now.

News Comments > Life in the FASA Lane
22. Re: Battletech game Dec 7, 2007, 18:17 VoodooV

they just need to make a 3d version of all those old Battletech text based MUSE games. They had such a perfect mix of all the classic turn based RPG rules, but it was all done in real time.

I love MechWarrior, but I just don't want another shooter game. I want it to be stat based, not twitch based. I want to win because I have superior strategy, not because I can circle strafe better than the other guy.

News Comments > Deus Ex 3 Confirmed
12. Re: No subject Nov 26, 2007, 15:06 VoodooV

I'm not exactly taking a leap of faith on this, but I'm calling it right now: It's going to suck balls.

Sorry guys, but my cynical side is winning out right now.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - PC Gears of War
16. No subject Nov 7, 2007, 01:27 VoodooV

GoW is a good solid game. It got me to stop automatically hate all shooter console games. (though most are still an abomination). But I just can't see this game selling well on PC. too little too late. If they had actually given a damn when the game first was released, then maybe the story would be different.

Games for Windows - Killing PC gaming, one title at a time.

This comment was edited on Nov 7, 01:27.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
8. No subject Oct 14, 2007, 11:27 VoodooV

spoiled brats. If the game was good enough, swapping DVDs is a small price to pay.

to hell with instant gratification

News Comments > EA to Acquire BioWare/Pandemic
55. No subject Oct 12, 2007, 01:00 VoodooV

Every time EA buys a company, an angel gets run over by a truck!

News Comments > etc., etc.
2. Re: Gnomeregan Up For Revamp. Oct 10, 2007, 23:44 VoodooV

I wonder how many people would actually rethink their college decisions based on whether or not steam works at that school.

Scary

News Comments > Half-Life 2: Episode Two Preloads
21. No subject Oct 4, 2007, 02:45 VoodooV

...or show some maturity and be patient and wait for all the hype about this episodic bullshit to end and wait for both of these episodes to be ridiculously cheap and get them then.

silly early adopters, won't they ever learn?

724 Comments. 37 pages. Viewing page 10.
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo