Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL, USA, IL 01/27
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Tim

Real Name Tim   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname VoodooV
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 1, 2001, 15:53
Total Comments 725 (Apprentice)
User ID 9517

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > On Star Wars: The Old Republic's "Stylized Realism"
12. Re: On Star Wars: The Old Republic's "Stylized Realism" Jan 3, 2009, 19:07 VoodooV

I personally think the art so far is ugly. But this is an MMO. Art is the least of my worries. Odds are this is going to be another generic MMO where the grind inevitably drives me away. I'd rather they spend more time with the gameplay and make sure the game is fun rather than pretty.

I sincerely hope they spend a lot of time making sure that the process of becoming a padawan and later a full jedi is very deep...same thing with lightsaber customization. This game is going to be awful boring if everyone is running around with the same powers, same lightsabers, and same jedi robes.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Star Wars: The Old Republic Movie
17. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Movie Dec 12, 2008, 19:32 VoodooV

At least the movie looks better than the first screenshots I saw. not by much granted, but it did seem nicer.

Overall, though, I don't like the cartoony look as others have mentioned.

One thing though, I know it's dumb and adds nothing to make your character more uber or anything, but for the love of god, they had better allow players to customize their hilts to a wide degree, not just the half dozen or so that galaxies had. This MMO is going to have tons of people running around with glow sticks and silly robes. At least do SOMETHING to let players be unique

News Comments > Op Ed
18. Re: Op Ed Dec 7, 2008, 22:16 VoodooV

WTF? People still believe it's piracy's fault that games are 60 bucks?

How's that working out? Are people not pirating games anymore? What's that? they still pirate them regardless of the stupid DRM? Huh. So....why is it 60 bucks again?

Piracy is a pre-existing market condition...cost of doing business. DRM doesn't stop it..so why are we footing the ever-increasing bill for it?

Ever since games went to $60. I'm the same boat as xXBatmanXx. It's pretty rare for me to buy a full price game anymore. Mass Effect comes to mind. I bought Gears of War full price, but I think everything since ME has been bargain bin and it will continue to be that way until games come down in price again...which probably won't happen.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Hell's Kitchen: The Game
3. No subject Sep 23, 2008, 10:16 VoodooV

uhh, I've had this game for a while now. Is this a new game?

News Comments > Force Unleashed to PCs? LucasArts Says No
37. Re: ... Sep 8, 2008, 14:02 VoodooV

I'd like to support Lucasarts so that we may see a sequel to Tie Fighter

Why do people keep buying into that fallacy? You're buying a game of one genre, purely because you're hoping they'll make a game of a different genre?

It didn't work for Shadowrun, why the f*** do people think it will work for this game?

If this game were to sell well, it would encourage them to make more games of the same type, not switch over to a new genre. I love space/flight sims, but they died for a reason, not enough people played them. They aren't going to come back because of this misguided notion that we just start throwing money at Lucasarts and HOPE they get the message. If you're going to throw money at anything, throw it at the freespace SCP people so they can keep doing what they're doing. If publishers see where the money is going, they'll follow it.

News Comments > Gamer's Bill of Rights
67. No subject Aug 30, 2008, 10:15 VoodooV

unless #3 means updates that allow you to run the game on newer OS (or maybe an older OS) Or updates like higher resolution graphics down the road or whatever.

otherwise, I'd agree with everyone else that not all games need extra content. If so, they'd probably just sell it as an expansion pack.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
14. No subject Aug 22, 2008, 08:15 VoodooV

The Stargate franchise has been run into the ground the last few years. The stories are shit and usually focused around looking for some ridiculous technology to save the day. Ark of Truth was the worst. A device that instantly convinces an enemy to be a good guy? Little convenient don't you think?

Its pretty fucking sad that The writers have two galaxies to work with and they STILL get axed because they can't come up with some decent stories. The Wraith and Ori are about the worst bad guys I've ever seen.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
3. Re: Consumers donít want Blu-Ray Aug 12, 2008, 19:40 VoodooV

Well, I'm a consumer, and I *want* Blu-Ray, but I'm not gonna spend $300+ for one. I'm gonna wait for "Black Friday" and score one for hopefully much cheaper ...

Thusly, you do not want BluRay, because it is too expensive, at this time.

I think a lot of us are in that boat. If the cost difference between DVD and BluRay was a lot more reasonable, a lot more people would get it, but its not because they *want* Blu-Ray, it's because they would probably consider the extra money worth it for being set for the future.

If iphones were a lot cheaper, I'd want them too, but they aren't, so fuck 'em. Same for Blu-ray, fuck 'em till they get cheaper.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
4. Re: Jul 21, 2008, 22:08 VoodooV

your bitterness is showing, manic.

death to fanboy-ism

News Comments > Star Wars MMOG Trademark Speculation
1. No subject Jul 12, 2008, 16:16 VoodooV

don't you mean: May the Grinding be with you.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
3. No subject Jun 17, 2008, 10:14 VoodooV

Wait...didn't we just have an article about how they didn't have any Xbox3 plans?

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
5. No subject Jun 7, 2008, 00:30 VoodooV

I think MS has it backwards. We tell them what we need, not the other way around.

News Comments > BioShock - The Trilogy
25. No subject Jun 6, 2008, 11:26 VoodooV

1. Make standalone game
2. If standalone game is successful, announce that it's actually just part one of a trilogy and imply that they had always planned it to be a trilogy
3. ????????
4. Profit!

News Comments > Iron Man Patches
5. No subject Jun 4, 2008, 01:00 VoodooV

did anyone honestly think this game was going to be great? Only reason I bought it is because of Iron Man fandom.

am I the only one that cant complete the hero objective in "First Flight?"

News Comments > Anti-Piracy Chip?
71. No subject May 24, 2008, 13:03 VoodooV

I haven't seen anyone here defend piracy.

We're attacking the pointlessness of anti-piracy and how it hurts the legitimate user and how when you load up any piece of software with draconian anti-piracy schemes, suddenly the pirated version becomes the direct competition of the original product.

Companies who buy into these idiotic anti-piracy schemes immediately shoot themselves in the foot the instant the game is cracked, while at the same time blame pirates

64. Re: No subject May 24, 2008, 11:30 VoodooV

don't be a dumbass, its obvious that piracy does have a negative impact on sales.

It's the amount of impact that needs to be proven.

61. No subject May 24, 2008, 11:06 VoodooV

You know would would be really amusing is if somehow we could convince the pirates to stop pirating just for one year. Only to prove that sales wouldn't go up by the drastic amount that the companies claim and that spending all this money on anti-piracy is a waste of time.

Of course the anti-piracy companies would never acknowledge it, because, obviously, they want to stay in business. As I said, anti-piracy is just one big scam.

29. No subject May 24, 2008, 01:54 VoodooV

what a moron.

I'm sure someone honestly thought CD-keys would absolutely end piracy too.

It's such a scam. If these ludicrous schemes actually stopped piracy, they'd be out of business. If they don't have that ever-looming fear of lost profits to scare companies into buying into the latest anti-piracy scam. Where would they get their money to make the next scam once the old scam is broken?

News Comments > Valve on PC Gaming
22. No subject May 23, 2008, 18:12 VoodooV

sigh, PC gaming will never die. As long as there continue to be PCs, someone will make games for it. Console games are merely more popular right now.

The ridiculous thing is that consoles have become more and more PC-like over the years: Hard drives, USB connections, internet-enabled. So is PC gaming really dying, or are consoles dying because consoles are TURNING INTO PCs

Once the issue of control scheme (controller vs. K/M) is resolved, then I think we'll finally have some better convergence. Because that's the sole big thing separating the two platforms right now.

Hell if you really think about it. for the hard core gamer, there really is no problem because I think the true hard core gamer is going to have both a PC and one or two of the major consoles...at least. I think the only reason this ever gets talked about is because of the insecure loudmouth fanboys who buy into this fallacy of platform loyalty. Or it becomes an issue for those that can't afford multiple platform and are forced to have only a PC and not a console. or to a lesser degree, vice versa.

I go where the games go. If it's obvious that a game was built for a console, I won't touch the port. I'm still not a huge fan of playing FPS games with a game controller. But hey, if the game is fun enough, like Gears of War. I'm willing to deal with it. Which control scheme is "the best" doesn't always matter in the grand scheme of things. I don't play competitively though so I couldn't give a shit about reaction times or precision.

Is this game fun? (Y/N) is pretty much all I fucking care about.

News Comments > City of Heroes/Villains Trailer
3. No subject May 17, 2008, 16:32 VoodooV

I really dug this game. Flying through the city was awesome. But as with most/all MMOs, it's the grind that inevitably drives me away.

725 Comments. 37 pages. Viewing page 9.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo