Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Tim

Real Name Tim   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname VoodooV
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 1, 2001, 15:53
Total Comments 724 (Apprentice)
User ID 9517

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > New MechWarrior
27. Re: New MechWarrior Jul 9, 2009, 13:59 VoodooV

If they can implement some solid RPG elements to this game and have it not be JAFS (Just Another Fucking Shooter) then I will be one happy little camper

As much as I love the idea behind the clans. I'm VERY happy they're setting this game prior to the clan invasion.

It's going to be extremely awesome to have scout mechs play a role other than fodder and like they said, to have the object of the game to just get the biggest baddest assault mech. That shit gets tired very quick.

Still VERY skeptical about this game, but cautious optimism has risen.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > LucasArts Gets Steam Heat
34. Re: LucasArts Gets Steam Heat Jul 8, 2009, 18:35 VoodooV

Am I being too paranoid to think we're simply not going to get a re-release of any of the Xwing/Tie Fighter games.

I just can't help to think that those are THE biggest games that people have wanted Lucasarts to re-release and if they were going to do it, they would have AT LEAST released one of them, like X-wing, followed later on by TIE fighter..etc.

I just keep thinking of all the times a company has said, oh we'll release more stuff later..and haven't

Like I said, hope I'm just being paranoid.

News Comments > Mechs Education
18. Re: Mechs Education Jul 7, 2009, 20:33 VoodooV

To be fair, Btech as an MMO is the perfect idea. It's just..It can't be anything like current MMOs or else it's going to suck balls.

OMG, we gotta go on a raid to get that phat lewt drop from that elite Clan Daishi!!

One instance of that and I would drop the game so fast. Problem is that it seems like you can't make a game anymore unless it caters to the lowest common denominator.

News Comments > Mechs Education
16. Re: Mechs Education Jul 7, 2009, 20:10 VoodooV

The third mech with the JJs seemed Jenner-like. but who knows.

But anyway, I have to echo the previous opinion that I hope the game is not just another bland shooter. We got enough of those thanks. Is it too much to hope that they learned their lesson with Shadowrun?

News Comments > Old School LucasArts Announcement Monday
97. Re: LucasArts News Monday Jul 7, 2009, 13:16 VoodooV

:: How does one even respond to something like this? Should I graph it out for you? How about I just go all caps?
FLIGHT SIMS STOPPED MAKING ENOUGH MONEY, THEREFORE THEY STOPPED BEING MADE. THEY'RE INCREDIBLY EXPENSIVE AND TIME CONSUMING TO DESIGN. IF THEY WEREN'T SELLING ENOUGH, AND THEY WERE NOT, THEY WOULD NOT BE MADE. BIG PUBLISHERS ARE NOT IN THE BUSINESS OF PLEASING THE SMALLEST AMOUNT OF PEOPLE. THEY ARE PUBLICALLY TRADED COMPANIES.

Fixed the part you conveniently continue to ignore and distract away from with your personal attacks.

I don't know what's funnier, your tirades, or the fact that your responses just end up restating my points and you just try and take credit for it.

Sims made money, joysticks were irrelevant, the simply didn't make ENOUGH money, nor did they have broad appeal. There was no decline in sales, just that they weren't enough to keep the greedy execs happy. That's the problem with mainstreaming an industry. Simply making a profit is not enough, you have to make big profits or get axed.

If you're one of those people that believe the bottom line is all we should care about, then fine, different strokes for different folks. But gamers as a whole are not corporate apologists like Beamer is apparently. But hey, keep it up beamer, keep cutting up my posts, make personal attacks about the stuff that you don't agree with, only to repost the stuff you do agree with and pass it off as it was your genius idea that only you came up with. You've got a lot of growing up to do kid.

All you have to do is pull your head out of the ass aka the accounting ledger to see that your typical gamer is slowly getting more and more turned off by these supposed AAA titles that have high cost, but low content. The more companies keep worshipping the bottom line, the more gamers are going to look for entertainment elsewhere.

93. Re: LucasArts News Monday Jul 6, 2009, 19:37 VoodooV

So that's a yes to the pretentious douchebag part then?

If your job is politician, then I'd say you're doing a good job, because I know of no other job description that involves insulting anyone who doesn't agree with your opinion, none of which has been backed up by anything remotely close to these little things called facts.

People didn't just abruptly stop buying sims at coincidentally the same time companies stopped making them. It's the other way around. Companies decided they weren't making enough money out of them, not that they weren't making money, but that they weren't making ENOUGH money, and stopped making them. Leaving gamers out in the cold...once again. All because our interests don't coincide with big enough profit margins.

It has nothing to do with joysticks. Case in point, racing games. People still buy them despite the need to buy an extra controller. Anyone with half a brain knows that racing games have broader appeal than sim games, thus, more games like that get made.

Not exactly rocket science there. But there you go, a little free education for you kid.

News Comments > LucasArts Classic Rereleases
17. Re: LucasArts Classic Rereleases Jul 6, 2009, 14:21 VoodooV

Might get Starfighter and Republic Commando as I heard they were pretty good. But I was never interested in the rest.

Needs more Xwing/TIE games/DarkForces, so keep going Lucasarts.

89. Re: LucasArts News Monday Jul 6, 2009, 14:10 VoodooV

Just so we're all on the same page, Beamer is acting like a pretentious douchebag who pretends to be far more knowledgeable about the gaming industry than he actually is.

Keep it up with the ad hom attacks, cuz that will get you SO far in life.

82. Re: LucasArts News Monday Jul 6, 2009, 12:35 VoodooV

This is one of the downsides of gaming becoming mainstream. Simply making a profit isn't enough anymore.  

81. Re: Old School LucasArts Announcement Monday Jul 6, 2009, 12:04 VoodooV

Please. If people are willing to shell out hundreds of bucks for ridiculous Guitar Hero and Rock Band peripherals. They're not going to bat an eye at a 20-50 dollar joystick.

Joysticks have never been the barrier to entry for flight/space sim games. At some point, some bean counter declared that they weren't making enough money from that genre and BAM suddenly no one made them anymore. It certainly wasn't because people weren't buying joysticks. Sure flight/space sims were a niche genre that did not have mass appeal. But they obviously made some money since they made them. It's just that they weren't making enough money to satisfy the execs

So has whatever it is been announced yet?

32. Re: Old School LucasArts Announcement Monday Jul 4, 2009, 17:35 VoodooV

Amazing news coming Monday! Super excited! You have no idea how tough it is not to start yelling about it! But it's secret! Until Monday!
I don't want to tease, it is just tough not to say anything! I might be tempted, however. Have to think about it over the weekend.

Okay, we will do hints. It is awesome news for our old school fans. (anything more direct might get me in trouble)

Monday, early, actually. I suppose if the president of the company messages me to leak it I would. Til then, it is teasing. Sorry guys.

Can this guy sound any more like a 10 year girl?

News Comments > MechDuels Launches
20. Re: hmmm... Jun 10, 2009, 08:41 VoodooV

I don't play AD&D so I wouldn't know.

But how else would you play Battletech? manual turn-based is fucking slow. But on the other hand, As much as I loved MW2, Battletech as a shooter is also ridiculously boring since it just turns into a goddamned circle strafe every time which Battletech is most definitely NOT.

MechCommander was actually a pretty damned good way to play Battletech, my only complaint is that it wasn't really faithful to the battletech rules, that and I didn't care for the lack of control when it cames to RTS. *I* want to shoot the guns and make the moves, not merely point my cursor to where I want my mech to go and everything else is done by the AI.

There was a heavy strategy element to Battletech that is missing in the shooter games, but turn-based just takes way too long, If there was ever a game that was meant to be a hybrid system of FPS and RPG, it's Battletech

News Comments > MechDuels Launches
8. Re: MechDuels Launches Jun 9, 2009, 23:33 VoodooV

dude, let's not turn this into another stupid war of the fanboys

What really needs to happen is a hybrid like the text based MU games did back in the day. everything is done in real time, but all the dice rolls are done behind the scenes and hits/misses/hit location is all calculated in the background

I sunk so much time into those addictive MUSE/MUSH games back then.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
13. Re: Morning Tech Bits May 18, 2009, 20:01 VoodooV

Does anyone remember when, not too long ago, Ballmer was on his pulpit trying to warn everyone still on XP not to wait for 7 or else doom and gloom would result.

So seeing this article made me laugh.

32. Re: Morning Tech Bits May 16, 2009, 09:12 VoodooV

That's not expensive

Uh, yeah, 185 dollars for a just a refurbished player IS expensive.

News flash, some people aren't willing to spend as much on entertainment as others. You don't exactly get to make a value judgment on others if they don't meet your standards on entertainment technology. I don't have to get blu ray. DVDs entertain me the same amount as Blu Ray does. It's the same shit as when LCDs first came out. "Oh you HAVE to have them, they're superior!" No, I don't have to have them. My experience is not diminished because I don't have a flat panel. However, when the price dropped on LCDs to the point that they were cheaper than CRTs, then the discussion was rendered moot.

So call me when BR are equal or cheaper in price to DVD. I'm not drinking the kool-aid till then. I know its shocking, but some people place value in things other than higher resolutions

The arguments on this thread haven't really equated to more than "well, *I* have one, therefore they are worth it." And if you can't see that, well...

This comment was edited on May 16, 2009, 09:16.

25. Re: Morning Tech Bits May 15, 2009, 23:41 VoodooV

I'm with Creston on this one. Sure BR is nice, but currently, it's just not worth the extra cost. We're starting to get into the realm of diminishing returns when it comes to 2D video technology, IMO. You can keep increasing the resolution, and sure, it looks prettier, but so what? BR doesn't fix crappy dialogue or patch up plot holes.

Haven't we learned anything from the explosion of 3D graphics technology over the last 15 or so years? Better graphics does not equate to a better game. Likewise, better visual quality does not equate to a better movie.

I'm just not spending the money until the price comes down a LOT further.

News Comments > EVE Online Turns Six
19. Re: EVE Online Turns Six May 7, 2009, 14:04 VoodooV

I played the trial once and I loved how deep the game is.

Sadly, I just don't have the time for MMOs, nor will I pay the monthly fees.

News Comments > The Old Republic & Word Filters
13. Re: The Old Republic & Word Filters Apr 29, 2009, 12:57 VoodooV

If discussions of sex have no place in an MMO, why are they stopping with just gay and lesbian then? why isn't the word "straight" or "hetero" censored then?

either it's all OK, or none of it is OK

For every one idiot who uses G/L terminology in a hateful manner, there are a 100 who don't. Why are we catering to that one idiot?

This comment was edited on Apr 29, 2009, 13:00.

News Comments > Op Ed
3. Re: Op Ed Apr 26, 2009, 20:10 VoodooV

Yeah, it does depend on the game. IIRC, There are a ton of missions you can do that usually get you all the way through to the next level (or at least it did back when I played it earlier in its life)

but yes, the problem is that the missions ARE tedious, the story is adequate I suppose, but the actual gameplay grind of taking on the mission is tedious. That and the whole solo player vs multiplayer aspect. If you solo, or only group very rarely, then oh yeah, be prepared for tedium aplenty. But on the other hand, if you have even a modest group, you tend to level up so quickly that you miss a lot of the content.

But then there are the powerlevelers who apparently don't even care about the content, they just want to get to the maximum level for its own sake. To me, it seems like the game itself doesn't even matter, just find a game and get to the level cap as fast as possible. How anyone considers that fun is beyond me, but hey, they paid their money to play the game so whatever.

News Comments > Weekend Sales
15. Re: Weekend Sales Apr 24, 2009, 18:39 VoodooV

Wow, I already own HL2 and Portal, but 9.99 for the rest is still an awesome deal.

Thanks Steam, please continue educating the masses that lower prices for games means everyone wins!

724 Comments. 37 pages. Viewing page 7.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo