Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter
User information for Tim

Real Name Tim   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname VoodooV
Email Concealed by request
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 1, 2001, 15:53
Total Comments 829 (Graduate)
User ID 9517

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue

49. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 13, 2019, 10:35 VoodooV

After reading an article about Trump's obsession with the POTY award, and how he's got fake covers made depicting him as the winner for years he didn't win in

It makes me wonder why we even have awards like that. It's just pure ego stroking. Of course, I feel the same way about most awards. It's just politics instead of objective achievement

I mean even with this year's winner, I agree with her that we obviously need to do more for the environment, but other than be an activist, she doesn't actually...do anything. She's not a scientist developing new greener technologies. I keep thinking this is just another case where no one changes sides on this. She just convinces those who are already convinced and infuriates those who haven't. I

Get rid of awards like this.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > 2019 Steam Awards: Outstanding Visual Style Nominees

3. Re: 2019 Steam Awards: Outstanding Visual Style Nominees Dec 12, 2019, 09:36 VoodooV

I had a lot of fun with the first Subnautica. They did a fantastic job creating a beautiful underwater environment. I'm eagerly waiting to play Below Zero. Just not going to play it while it's early access.  

News Comments > Steam Controller Sold Out?

24. Re: Steam Controller Sold Out? Dec 9, 2019, 10:47 VoodooV

just got my controller over the weekend.

Man, it is odd.

The way the palm rests sweep forward make it difficult to hit the bumper buttons without needing something to hold the controller in place.

still worth 12 bucks though.

News Comments > Star Citizen Passes $250M

65. Re: Star Citizen Passes $250M Dec 4, 2019, 15:06 VoodooV

grudgebearer wrote on Dec 4, 2019, 14:26:
VoodooV wrote on Dec 4, 2019, 13:37:
grudgebearer wrote on Dec 4, 2019, 13:07:
Estimated 27% complete after 7 years

https://starcitizentracker.github.io/

site is on the outside looking in. So it's inaccurate at best, misleading at worst. Didn't realize that site was still around but I recall a bunch of people calling out that site's claims as being BS in the past.

Guess we need a snopes now for video games too.

Feel free to contradict the points you believe are wrong, but as far as I can tell, all of those 'expectations' of which they are tracking have one or more documented links, with kickstarter goals and stretch goals called out specifically.

You're missing the point. At best, the site is speculating without any hard information. Hard information you can only get if you were on the inside. So right from the get go, they're standing on shaky ground. That alone disqualifies it from being considered credible in any way.

As for documented links, Yeah, it's well known that you can go back and point out that they said they were going to do this and that on such and such date. target dates and release dates change, this is not groundbreaking. virtually every game misses dates at some point.

Besides, I don't need to refute anything that as plenty of other people have already done the work. A simple google search shows this. The fact that HeWhoShallNotBeNamed cites it should be evidence enough of how credible it is

The very point of making a game like this is that it comes out when its done, not when some bean counter says it comes out. The game is super ambitious and building new tech as they go. Shit happens. I work in IT and every time they make me try to speculate when something is going to be done, I roll my eyes and make the best guess I can, but know that something will inevitably happen that will throw that date into irrelevance. My supervisors and managers know this and we just revise the date and move on. That's just IT..dealing with technology that is known and used by lots of businesses. We're talking about something that has to have new tech built from the ground up to make it happen. I also don't have hundreds of conspiracy theorists looking over my shoulder playing armchair developer.

This is evident in the alpha if you've ever seen it or played it. Have you seen it? There are many youtube streamers that play it. You should check it out.

or are you just living up to your nom de guerre?

EDIT: or, you know, you can get actual progress charts from the source. Or are we just going to play the "any news I don't agree with is fake news" card?

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/roadmap/board/2-Squadron-42

This comment was edited on Dec 4, 2019, 20:22.

62. Re: Star Citizen Passes $250M Dec 4, 2019, 13:37 VoodooV

grudgebearer wrote on Dec 4, 2019, 13:07:
Estimated 27% complete after 7 years

https://starcitizentracker.github.io/

site is on the outside looking in. So it's inaccurate at best, misleading at worst. Didn't realize that site was still around but I recall a bunch of people calling out that site's claims as being BS in the past.

Guess we need a snopes now for video games too.

9. Re: Steam Controller Sold Out? Dec 3, 2019, 12:25 VoodooV

Burrito of Peace wrote on Dec 3, 2019, 12:05:
A friend of mine has one from when they were released. I was less than impressed with it. It just felt...unsatisfying in my hands. It definitely did not feel like it had the same build quality as my Xbox 360 and Xbox One controllers.

I always heard mixed reviews. Some people think they're great, some people thought the same as what you just said.

For the price they were going for during the sale..Why the heck not? If it collects dust, it collects dust, no real sweat off my brow.

3. Re: Steam Controller Sold Out? Dec 3, 2019, 11:16 VoodooV

Where is this salt you speak of?

Most people seem to be aware that there was a chance their order would be cancelled if they didn't get it in before stock ran out.

Same thing happened with the Steam Link if I recall.

News Comments > Riot Settles Gender Discrimination Suit

30. Re: Riot Settles Gender Discrimination Suit Dec 3, 2019, 09:39 VoodooV

I'm shocked, SHOCKED that people would post misogynistic comments here.

Free speech doesn't exist on a private website, kids.

54. Re: Star Citizen Passes $250M Dec 2, 2019, 16:36 VoodooV

Dacron wrote on Dec 2, 2019, 15:40:
NasWulf wrote on Dec 2, 2019, 07:55:
my god, you people are STILL talking about this .....

It's the SC Whale come to defend his game as usual

Must upset you everyone knows it's a joke while your cash in it. The power of faith huh.

(his account was created, and is almost used solely to defend SC, check the history )

Yeah so? This justifies personal attacks?

22. Re: Star Citizen Passes $250M Dec 1, 2019, 18:58 VoodooV

Hump wrote on Dec 1, 2019, 18:24:
Roberts HAS to be paying off the Feds at the FTC.

I heard he's going to marry a carrot too.

News Comments > Star Citizen Videos

31. Re: Star Citizen Videos Dec 1, 2019, 13:14 VoodooV

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Nov 30, 2019, 20:39:
RedEye9 wrote on Nov 27, 2019, 13:41:
beetlejuice beetlejuice beetlejuice
theyarecomingforyou theyarecomingforyou theyarecomingforyou
I have been summoned.

As someone who attended CitizenCon this year and went on a studio tour, the presentation was decent as a tech showcase. However, it doesn't address the enjoyability of the game right now. It's still years off.

What I will say is that Theatres of War was a blast. I played a pre-release version in a 20v20 environment and I can see it being a popular game mode. It reminds me of Unreal Tournament with the phase-based objecttives.

That's the core issue right there.

It's not whether or not this game will come out..
It's not whether or not they will deliver on the tech.

It's simply...will this game be any sustained fun?

News Comments > Morning Metaverse

4. Re: Morning Metaverse Nov 29, 2019, 10:10 VoodooV

The only people who care about these leaks are the tabloids and the kind of people who post that shit on youtube (probably time to go into a youtube blackout since these assholes will post the spoilers in the title of the video so you don't have to even click on the video to be spoiled)

So yeah, this literally does not matter to the vast majority of the populace.

But the media thrives on controversy, so this is literally the only reason we hear about it wherever we go on the internet

28. Re: Star Citizen Videos Nov 28, 2019, 21:24 VoodooV

Cutter wrote on Nov 28, 2019, 13:17:
VoodooV wrote on Nov 28, 2019, 08:19:
Cutter wrote on Nov 27, 2019, 21:25:
Tell us, what flavor is the kool-aid?

Btw I own some bridges in New York I'd love to sell you cheap.

so just posting to hear yourself talk. Standard post for you then. Gotcha.

But yet you're so, what you do hipster douchebags call it again? Triggered? You can't help yourself but reply. And clowns like you think you're better than clowns like Trump. That would be really funny if it wasn't so sad.

Again with the projection and non sequitors. Seek therapy dude. Seriously.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse

8. Re: Evening Metaverse Nov 28, 2019, 09:29 VoodooV

Did anyone ever really watch MSTK3K for mike/crow/pearl and their sidebars when the movie wasn't playing?

It was all about the movies and the panning for me. Space Mutiny and The Final Sacrifice were the pinnacle IMO

So yeah MST3K is just hit or miss for me. I tried watching the new stuff and I just couldn't get into it.

News Comments > Out of the Blue

18. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 28, 2019, 08:28 VoodooV

LOL!  

News Comments > Play Overwatch for Free

16. Re: Play Overwatch for Free Nov 28, 2019, 08:23 VoodooV

MoonSpook wrote on Nov 28, 2019, 05:48:
jdreyer wrote on Nov 28, 2019, 02:35:
VoodooV wrote on Nov 27, 2019, 20:44:
I had my fun with Overwatch last year with some friends. was fun while it lasted, but the repetitiveness got me in in the end.

There is only so many times you can die/respawn/die/respawn/die/respawn/die/respawn/die/respawn/
die/respawn/die/respawn/die/respawn/die/respawn/die/respawn/
die/respawn

...before it gets old

Isn't that literally *every* MP shooter though?

Exactly what I thought as I read that.. and also why I don't play MP shooters

Yeah, my last MP shooter before Overwatch was that old America's Army game back in the day. Again, had a lot of fun with it for a while, but the repetitiveness killed it for me in the end with that one too.

24. Re: Star Citizen Videos Nov 28, 2019, 08:19 VoodooV

Cutter wrote on Nov 27, 2019, 21:25:
Tell us, what flavor is the kool-aid?

Btw I own some bridges in New York I'd love to sell you cheap.

so just posting to hear yourself talk. Standard post for you then. Gotcha.

18. Re: Star Citizen Videos Nov 27, 2019, 21:00 VoodooV

Do you not get tired of this shit?

I mean if you've even taken a passing glance of the development of the game, you'd see that they're constantly making progress.

Is Chris Roberts the greatest project manager of all time. Hell no. But hey. How many game designers do you know pitch a game for only a relatively modest amount of money, tap into nerve of the gaming community that wants a complex space sim and literally backs up a dump truck full of cash so big that you have to rethink your original pitch and due to popular demand, have to think bigger. Let me know how you do

It's just so amusing to watch how triggered people get whenever there is any post about SC here. The frenzy it creates.

News flash: Chris Roberts is ambitious. If you didn't understand that going in, you never should have backed that going in. Just about every one of his games has pushed the envelope. Yet so many people seem shocked when he tries to push the envelope again.

Only the completely delusional still call it a scam. The game continues to progress whether you like it or not. Jump points are on their way to being added. More ships continue to get added. If this was a scam, it's the least efficient scam ever devised.

We're too far in now. The game is coming out. whether you like it or not. Even if somehow the funding goes belly up, (but wait, I was told many times that SC ran out of cash years ago....yet here we are) you know someone is going to step in and fund it the rest of the way. I mean, hell, the hard core backers will just put in more money to push it past the finish line. The only question is whether or not the game will be of any lasting fun or if we're going to get bored with it in a few months and move on to the next game.

how many people here even watched the fucking videos? or are you just caught up in the stigma?

News Comments > Play Overwatch for Free

5. Re: Play Overwatch for Free Nov 27, 2019, 20:44 VoodooV

I had my fun with Overwatch last year with some friends. was fun while it lasted, but the repetitiveness got me in in the end.

There is only so many times you can die/respawn/die/respawn/die/respawn/die/respawn/die/respawn/
die/respawn

...before it gets old

News Comments > Fallen Order is EA's Best-Ever PC Star Wars Launch

63. Re: Fallen Order is EA's Best-Ever PC Star Wars Launch Nov 27, 2019, 09:55 VoodooV

yeah you don't get to have it both ways.

The claim is out there that Disney is racist BECAUSE they hired an actress who is black.

But now the claim is that Trump can't possibly be racist because he has black friends and hugs and kisses them. #cringe

The cognitive dissonance is real.

Thread Locked Thread Locked Delete Report

829 Comments. 42 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >