Descending
Limit Results:

507 Comments. 26 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16    26  ] Older

Re: Diablo II: Resurrected Dropping TCP/IP
Aug 12, 2021, 15:22
Re: Diablo II: Resurrected Dropping TCP/IP Aug 12, 2021, 15:22
Aug 12, 2021, 15:22

I have a collection of old pcs, ranging from dos to modern.

I play old stuff on lan sometimes. doom, quake, warcraft2, diablo, wing commander armada, xwing vs tie, magic carpet, mech warrior 2, etc.

In general, all old games with working multiplayer (in original non modified form) use lan multiplayer.

Any that require a 3rd party internet service havent worked for ages.

After the dos and win95 era there came the reliance on internet services for matchmaking. Sometimes for install/authentication. There are games I have discarded because they eventually dont work, even on their original systems.

Diablo 3, diablo2 resurrected, these will end up that way eventually. And good ol original d1/d2 will keep on working.

-scheherazade

Re: Mass Effect Legendary Edition Multiplayer Still Possible
May 15, 2021, 19:36
Re: Mass Effect Legendary Edition Multiplayer Still Possible May 15, 2021, 19:36
May 15, 2021, 19:36

ME3 multiplayer was really really really fun.

I played a stupid amount of it, getting 100% of the items at max level, and was able to solo the content at max difficulty.

I would love a local host version to play with the fam.

-scheherazade

Re: Morning Previews
May 8, 2021, 11:03
Re: Morning Previews May 8, 2021, 11:03
May 8, 2021, 11:03

jdreyer wrote on May 7, 2021, 06:41:
Scheherazade wrote on May 6, 2021, 20:54:
Been messing around in SC lately, out of being burnt out on flight sims lately.

The game loops that are there are pleasant enough. Open world feels RPG ish, on account of all the traveling you have to do, which is fine. Makes me feel a bit mass-effect-1-ey.

Space combat is simplified from earlier. More aim assist than before on account of turrets now auto aiming for you at your selected target.

In general : Fun enough.

The performance is the only thing holding me back from really digging into it. Framerates are abysmal.

Apparently the game is heavily threaded, and can use a 16 core CPU.
BUT the renderer is only 2 threads, and it is call limited, and it has a lot of calls.

I verified this anecdotally by running the game on my machine (2950x with 3090) and on my partner's machine (5950x and 1080).

It ran about 30% faster on my partner's computer. Not many cases where you can show a 1080 dominating a 3090. So yeah, heavily CPU bound.

Interested to see what happens when their gen12 renderer is released. It's supposed to relieve the CPU bottleneck.

If it does, I'll be playing.

-scheherazade

Progress is good, right?

If you mean that they are making good progress, then maybe.

Definitely adding a lot of shit. So there's that.
I don't really care about a lot of it tho.

I would have preferred (selfishly) to get the space combat out ASAP and just have a point-n-click adventure on the ground a-la Wing Commander Privateer.
Then they could have added FPS later.

I appreciate that adding in FPS later would net a longer development than doing it all at once, on account of refactors happening at a later stage of development where there is simply more to refactor. So as drawn out as it looks already, the final form would have been even more drawn out.

It's just that I don't really care about the final form. I just care about the space combat part.
So in regard to the part I care about (space shit), the progress is glacial.

But, it is what it is. I don't dwell on it. I play 99% flight sims.
I just check back on SC time to time to see how it's coming along.
And it's coming along. 80% of what you need to be off and running is in place.
Just needs a few more game loops closed, renderer performance unbound from the CPU, stability improved, and I'm happy with where it's at.
I suspect this time next year it will be good to go, even if bare bones content scale wise.

-scheherazade

Re: Morning Previews
May 6, 2021, 20:54
Re: Morning Previews May 6, 2021, 20:54
May 6, 2021, 20:54

Been messing around in SC lately, out of being burnt out on flight sims lately.

The game loops that are there are pleasant enough. Open world feels RPG ish, on account of all the traveling you have to do, which is fine. Makes me feel a bit mass-effect-1-ey.

Space combat is simplified from earlier. More aim assist than before on account of turrets now auto aiming for you at your selected target.

In general : Fun enough.

The performance is the only thing holding me back from really digging into it. Framerates are abysmal.

Apparently the game is heavily threaded, and can use a 16 core CPU.
BUT the renderer is only 2 threads, and it is call limited, and it has a lot of calls.

I verified this anecdotally by running the game on my machine (2950x with 3090) and on my partner's machine (5950x and 1080).

It ran about 30% faster on my partner's computer. Not many cases where you can show a 1080 dominating a 3090. So yeah, heavily CPU bound.

Interested to see what happens when their gen12 renderer is released. It's supposed to relieve the CPU bottleneck.

If it does, I'll be playing.

-scheherazade

Re: Op Ed
Apr 9, 2021, 01:23
Re: Op Ed Apr 9, 2021, 01:23
Apr 9, 2021, 01:23

WannaLogAlready wrote on Apr 8, 2021, 13:16:
Very interesting, causes and effects, Scheherazade.

Also, the USA relegated and decimated the native indian people, as did the spanish.

But the Nazis outdid themselves, killing millions of non combatants germans, their own people, from old to children.
And really, did the German populace ignore what was happening, as their jewish/political opponents/homosexual neighbours were denounced and taken away through the years.

Plenty of Filipino towns were culled of their entire population by the U.S.. Along with plenty of rape.

Japanese had to provide comfort women to US troops. (there is even the story of honorable prostitutes volunteering to take the place of school girls that had been put to the role).

China was carved up by force into multiple colonies, with plenty of Chinese fruitlessly dying to keep US/Britain/Russia/France/Japan out.

The ss was far more subtle than that. It was boiling a frog, not a sudden holocaust.

In general it was jews that got the brunt of the oppression. Most undesirable groups felt far more subtle and paced effects. Minorities didn't suffer anything close.

I thought this interview was interesting. Black growing up in nazi germany.
https://youtu.be/Bwz7kQtPPW0

Even the idyllic haplogroup that nazis aspired to wasn't even German. (nominally scandinavian). Ironically, Russians looked more like ideal Germans (more often blonde, blue eye) than Germans did.

In any case, don't mistake my post for a defense or condemnation of any side. I just point out how the world is much more machiavellian and less moralistic than governments tend to advertise to their people.

-scheherazade

Re: Op Ed
Apr 8, 2021, 12:17
Re: Op Ed Apr 8, 2021, 12:17
Apr 8, 2021, 12:17

NKD wrote on Apr 7, 2021, 15:35:
Cutter wrote on Apr 7, 2021, 15:20:
Same with all the WWII and Vietnam games over the years. One side good, one side bad, when the reality is they're all a bunch of fucking assholes.

Did he... did he really just "both sides" WW2?

You could say German actions were a well deserved revenge for being drawn into ww1 and blamed for a war they didnt start and fleeced to pay reparations for a war they didnt start.

Something overlooked by post war education in allied nations is that the German government kept their sinister side secret, and sold the war by telling Germans that 50'000 ethnic Germans in Poland had been persecuted and driven from their homes for their ethnicity, and that communists were targeting ethnic Germans to take their land and poperty. So Germans at large thought they were going in to help/liberate people from oppression.

Not even the wermacht knew. It wasn't till after the war started and the SS moved in to do cleansings did the wermacht find out. Many leaders lost their positions for refusing to go along with the ss. By the time the war heated up, your choice was 'play along' or 'get shot for treason' (there is a reason officers use pistols not rifles. their job isn't to shoot the enemy, it's to shoot disobedient troops).

When you look back at Hitler's personal history, when he was a regular soldier in ww1... Leading up to the loss of ww1, the German government ran propaganda that blamed their losses on 'jewish traitor indistrialists, making backdoor plans with Germany's enemies to throw the war for future business/trade'. (The war depended on who could throw more artillery shells, so manufacturing was key). You could even blame what he became on the false propaganda he was fed.

You could say japanese actions were to liberate asia from western colonizers. (which is how they themselves marketed the war to their citizens, and technically they did do).

You could also say the allies were opportunistic assholes because they left the bulk of WW2 to Russia (Russia killed 80% of German troops and 75% of German equipment) and ran around the world grabbing colonies, and didn't bother sending troops against Germany proper till Russia was already moving into Germany and the war was almost over.

Also, this was a time when civillians were considered valid military targets - because they supply the military. Annihilating cities was the norm on both sides. You can watch old pathe videos of p47s straffing farmhouses to make sure they have nothing useful left.

Point is, yah, there were no good guys or bad guys. Just some guys worse than the other, depending on if you benefitted or lost from what happened.

p.s. My family was on the receiving side of German fire. In any case, enemies tend to be unreliable sources of info about one another. I think it's better to integrate arguments from all around and cross reference them with timelines of actions to infer the likely scenario.

-scheherazade

This comment was edited on Apr 8, 2021, 12:41.

Re: Star Citizen Multiplayer Collaboration Announced
Mar 19, 2021, 12:15
Re: Star Citizen Multiplayer Collaboration Announced Mar 19, 2021, 12:15
Mar 19, 2021, 12:15

sounds like they are farming out a combined arms deathmatch mode for the combat sim portion.

You currently can play:
- space fighter deathmatch mode
- first person shooter
- world sandbox mmo

-scheherazade

Re: Out of the Blue
Mar 14, 2021, 21:29
Re: Out of the Blue Mar 14, 2021, 21:29
Mar 14, 2021, 21:29

20H2 here.
Runs fine for me.

I did a format and clean install.
In place upgrades tend to be a dice roll, and I don't need the uncertainty.

-scheherazade

Re: Evening Legal Briefs
Mar 13, 2021, 21:10
Re: Evening Legal Briefs Mar 13, 2021, 21:10
Mar 13, 2021, 21:10

MrBone wrote on Mar 13, 2021, 19:40:
El Pit wrote on Mar 13, 2021, 15:22:
Scheherazade wrote on Mar 13, 2021, 13:03:
Their technology works, just not as well as traditional. Which is fine for a 1.0 of anything.
-scheherazade

And because it worked and could have proved her innocence, her colleagues destroyed the LIS when the investigation wanted to take a look at it? Yes, makes totally sense. Let's see how the court decides, shall we?

Well to your point, she is quite guilty if the multiple articles on her company are accurate. Also, the tech does not even come close to working. 1.0? It isn’t even 0.0001.

That's a bit hyperbolic.

It had something like 50% certainty (meaning 50% of the time the result is definitive, and 50% of the time it may or may not be accurate). Which compares to traditional tests with around 70% certainty. Definately not as good, but close enough to catch up with a few iterations of equipment.

The issue with testing is that it doesn't tell you what you have.
It only tells you if you have what the test is for.
If you want to know what you have without taking wild guesses at it and hoping you do the right test, you simply have to test everything.
But if you test everything you won't have any blood left.
The micro sample testing allows you to literally test for everything without needing to guess your test.
It's a game changer.

Whoever buys the patent after liquidation will make a killing.

-scheherazade

Re: Evening Legal Briefs
Mar 13, 2021, 13:03
Re: Evening Legal Briefs Mar 13, 2021, 13:03
Mar 13, 2021, 13:03

The crux of her company's fraud is that they used a mix of their machines and traditional machines while advertising that they are using their machines.

Their technology works, just not as well as traditional. Which is fine for a 1.0 of anything. People laugh at the low test confidence of the new equipment, but they also don't realize that traditional tests also have shit confidence (just not as shit).

The real game here is forcing her company into liquidation, so legacy companies can buy up the patents for cheap, improve the engineering, and do the micro sample testing themselves.

A newer legal complication is that they were paying a 3rd party to host their databases. After the company stopped paying, the 3rd party shit canned the databases. Now the courts want the databases, but they are toast, and someone needs to get pinned for it.

-scheherazade

Re: etc.
Mar 12, 2021, 08:59
Re: etc. Mar 12, 2021, 08:59
Mar 12, 2021, 08:59

It's work from home. If you got power and internet, what is happening outside is irrelivant to work. A few days later roads will be cleared and life goes on. Unless you have zero food stockpiled in your pantry (unliky in preppery texas), you don't even need to go out daily.

Sucks for the people at cig that lost power/internet and need to take pto/npt/makeup days.

Under normal commute circumstances it would not be reasonable to stay open.

Aside from that, the game is plodding along and many people are playing it as-is already and having their fun, incomplete or not. At this point the vaporware yammering is just goofy.

Agreed the FPS mode is overreach. They went GTA In Space instead of Wing Commander.

-scheherazade

Re: Morning Tech Bits
Mar 5, 2021, 23:07
Re: Morning Tech Bits Mar 5, 2021, 23:07
Mar 5, 2021, 23:07

RogueSix wrote on Mar 5, 2021, 16:20:
BIGtrouble77 wrote on Mar 5, 2021, 13:01:
I don't get the idea of throttling the RTX 3000 gen cards to "fight" miners. All it's going to do is screw legit customers that want to recoup some of their costs with mining.

In the vast majority of the civilized world, where power has a "normal" cost associated with it, you are not going to recoup anything unless you are a basement dwelling kid whose parents pay the power bill.
Mining is only really viable for professional mining farms with specialized ASICs in countries where power is dirt cheap (and more often than not a non-renewable ecological disaster).
Mining with GPUs is only profitable at certain times for certain currencies (depending on the current exchange rate) and only in certain countries where power is dirt cheap. The farms that do buy GPUs for mining are very flexible and they constantly adapt to mining the FOTM (where 'M' stands for 'moment' rather than 'month') currency.

BIGtrouble77 wrote on Mar 5, 2021, 13:01:
This is a sales issue. Almost no one wants to fix this with tried and true techniques to get the products in the hands of legit customers.

Which "tried and true techniques" would that be? The "tried and true technique" at work with cryptomining is called "greed", supplemented by the techniques called "supply" and "demand". It's been like this since the very beginning of humans (and animals even). The gold rush phenomenon is the most basic thing. People/animals/life forms see something yummy and shiny and they go for it with no respect for anything or anyone in their path.

Bumpy wrote on Mar 5, 2021, 13:38:
You will simply see hacked video drivers or firmware that the miners will use.

The hash lock needs to be at the hardware level with no firmware work around.

nVidia are planning on a hack-proof design. I'd wait for actual h4XX before calling it a failure prematurely.
nVidia are also planning on dedicated mining cards that will hopefully help dry up the demand for gaming GPUs.

If it's like the 3060, the hacked driver will be out in under 24 hours.

-scheherazade

Re: Doom Eternal Earned $450M in Nine Months
Mar 1, 2021, 12:08
Re: Doom Eternal Earned $450M in Nine Months Mar 1, 2021, 12:08
Mar 1, 2021, 12:08

Acleacius wrote on Feb 28, 2021, 21:05:
All they had to do was get rid of that idiot carmack, who thought jump scares were a thing for doom 3.
He forced out others trying to correct him, now hopefully that he's gone for good.

id games have been about intense multiplayer since doom original.

Doom3 single player design was thoroughly 'whatever' - like every id game ever.

Multiplayer was great. The pacing was super quick compared to other fps games at the time.

The only real downside was that it didn't have a tutorial that forced people to learn movement. MP lobbies were chock full of people 'running' around the map, screaming "hacker" at anyone bunny hopping circles around them.

It was a harbinger of the times. It illucidated just how arena shooter skills were gone from the general fps gaming population, and the skills weren't even recognizable to most players as anything other than hacking. 95%+ of players wandering like cripples made it clear the MP would fail.

-scheherazade

Re: Saturday Tech Bits
Feb 28, 2021, 23:53
Re: Saturday Tech Bits Feb 28, 2021, 23:53
Feb 28, 2021, 23:53

MattyC wrote on Feb 28, 2021, 23:39:
Scheherazade wrote on Feb 28, 2021, 15:22:
If you are gonna argue with me, argue with what I actually said.
-scheherazade

I’m your huckleberry... Hydroxychloroquine does is not a viable COVID treatment, full stop.

And for the record:

if not, no loss to me.

I hope I just misunderstood you here, because it sure was a loss to people that actually needed that medication for things it is used to treat like RA and lupus.

Correct, you misunderstood. I am very unlikely to have an adverse reaction to HCQ, since I tolerate quinine, and quinine is the less tolerable variant. So if it fails to help me, it almost certainly won't harm me. Hence no loss to me.

-scheherazade

Feb 28, 2021, 23:18
Re: Saturday Tech Bits Feb 28, 2021, 23:18
Feb 28, 2021, 23:18

In the f35's defense : you develop weapons before you need them, not after.

A present enemy is not needed to develop a counter. In fact it shouldn't be needed. If it exists, you are late to the game.

People bash the f35 on criteria that is OBE.

High off boresight sraams make maneuverability less of an issue than it was before. Modern fox2 engagements last seconds, and hardly anyone gets time to turn at all.

Stealth isn't about sneaking around. It's about reducing the lock range of your opponents fox1 and fox3 missiles, allowing you to shoot first, and even choose to leave, at a range where you are not lockable.

Yah, it's over budget. Sucks. But most of the cost is in development and it's 99% done. Dumping it now would be stupid. The time to dump it was way earlier. Now it would be pointless.

Especially when the cost of modern f16 variants has crept up to parity with the f35.

If you want to reduce cost, cut the process down.

Modern arms development works at a snails pace and bleeds money, mostly because every little new thing needs a new contract, and engineers are not even allowed to fix things unless confguration management thinks it is worthy of fixing. CM fears new safety bugs so bad that they prefer to leave broken but safe things unchanged.

Flight certification takes a good year for any revision of hardware that plugs into an airframe's electronics. Get ready to grow old iterating on a design.

-scheherazade

This comment was edited on Feb 28, 2021, 23:34.

Feb 28, 2021, 23:08
Re: Saturday Tech Bits Feb 28, 2021, 23:08
Feb 28, 2021, 23:08

WannaLogAlready wrote on Feb 28, 2021, 19:21:

Depends on the study.

eg a quick google shows :
https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2020.03.22.20040758v2

Pneumonia symotoms improved in 80% of HCQ group vs 55% of control group.
2 GCQ patients had adverse reactions.

In any case, there is a littany of studies. They range from HCQ helps, to HCQ has no significant effect.
There is also a difference between 'improves symptoms' and 'shortens disease', and different studies focus on different aspects.

In any case, the compound is inoculus to the vast vast majority of people. I already know I tolerate quinine, so I would have no reason not to try it. If it helps, good, if not, no loss to me.

-scheherazade

Scheherazade,
You base your opinion on a March 2020 study, nearly a year old, when both HCQ and Covid19, were barely under study ?
Speechless.

No, I don't. No need to strawman.

You can read and you know I mentioned that the link is one quick google.
And you already read that I said that multiple studies showed various results.
If you are gonna argue with me, argue with what I actually said.

-scheherazade

Feb 28, 2021, 17:07
Re: Saturday Tech Bits Feb 28, 2021, 17:07
Feb 28, 2021, 17:07

Beamer wrote on Feb 28, 2021, 16:13:
wtf_man wrote on Feb 28, 2021, 13:25:
#5 Oh Hell no. I work hard for my paychecks. I do not want to pay for other people's medical, college, slavery reparations (My family wasn't even in this country then), living wage stipends (welfare on steroids). I don't get why you want to steal from people that work hard and give it to people that don't. I never understood that logic. And before you say "tax the rich"... that never works. They hire armies of accountants for the loopholes, or pass on the cost somehow, or move their money out of the country. And when there is a shortage to fund these "programs"... the middle / working class gets stuck with the bill and screwed. At least Bernie was honest regarding everyone's taxes go up.

You probably pay less than you take in, so you needn't worry. For example , you say you have kids. Even if they went to public school, their education took far more in tax dollars than you paid, total.

People like me subsidized your daughter's education. Remember that before you whine about subsidizing anyone else's.

There really isn't a good solution right now.

Raise wages, demand goes up, costs inflate, nothing changes.

We all will be old and inferm at some point, and will all be wondering where the help is at after paying years of taxes.

Likewise I enjoy the affordability we have from relatively low taxes compared to the rest of the developed world. I like buying my fun gadgets for half price, even if I know it budens me to personally prepare for the future, and I likely will never be as prepared as the average person living in a socialized system.

I also have family experience of leaving a socialized system because safety is not the end all be all that some think it is. But the past looks better with age as one gets older. Truthfully the problem is that both approaches are correct, just one suits a different age bracket more than the other.

-scheherazade

Feb 28, 2021, 15:22
Re: Saturday Tech Bits Feb 28, 2021, 15:22
Feb 28, 2021, 15:22

WannaLogAlready wrote on Feb 28, 2021, 13:17:
Scheherazade wrote on Feb 28, 2021, 12:56:
Beamer wrote on Feb 28, 2021, 12:36:
The same people that whine about how untrustworthy politicians are get all their news and science from politicians

How is anyone still bringing up HCQ? Even Trump gave that one up 6 months ago.

How are some people so out of touch with reality?

Probably because HCQ helps some people very much.

Its downside is mainly that it doesn't reliably have an effect in every patient.
For some people they were recovering in half the time as others with the same condition at the time it was administered.
For other people it had no effect at all.
Meaning it's not dependable.

Since HCQ was created as a safer alternative to quinine for malaria treatment (Quinine is already safe enough to be sold at the grocery store (tonic water)), and HCQ is readily available, it's a decent add-on treatment to administer 'just in case it helps'.

HCQ was actually one of 3 compounds that China identified in the first few months as gaving some effect. They published their studies about it, which I read out of curiosity. HCQ was not actually the best compound, one other was twice as likely to help. But afaik HCQ was cheap and widely available.

It's a shame HCQ got politicised. It annoyed me how people dismissed it just because of the association with Trump.

-scheherazade

And here we go again spreading ignorant opinions 'cause hearsay and "reasons".
Those of a imbecile ignorant and willfully criminal president that heard about it in Fox or from a very interested big pharma donating "friend".

HCQ was dismissed because of the last full serious and finally complete scientific tests that required time and effort to produce.
And lives to be lost unfortunately : though not nearly as toxic as the other compound Scherezade mentions, HCQ has light noxious effects that will add to overwheming an already taxed organism.

Is China using it ?
No country is still supporting it, except Brasil's Trump, the wildly irresponsible Bolsonaro (who lost various Health Ministers already but what do doctors know, eh?), while panned by medics.

There are millions of dosis bought by the GOP states following the sainted word of their orange god, that nobody is using, nor wants, even free.

It's not people dismissing it, it's professionals, hospitals, doctors.
But every minute one clueless is born and all that.

Depends on the study.

eg a quick google shows :
https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2020.03.22.20040758v2

Pneumonia symotoms improved in 80% of HCQ group vs 55% of control group.
2 GCQ patients had adverse reactions.

In any case, there is a littany of studies. They range from HCQ helps, to HCQ has no significant effect.
There is also a difference between 'improves symptoms' and 'shortens disease', and different studies focus on different aspects.

In any case, the compound is inoculus to the vast vast majority of people. I already know I tolerate quinine, so I would have no reason not to try it. If it helps, good, if not, no loss to me.

-scheherazade

Feb 28, 2021, 12:56
Re: Saturday Tech Bits Feb 28, 2021, 12:56
Feb 28, 2021, 12:56

Beamer wrote on Feb 28, 2021, 12:36:
The same people that whine about how untrustworthy politicians are get all their news and science from politicians

How is anyone still bringing up HCQ? Even Trump gave that one up 6 months ago.

How are some people so out of touch with reality?

Probably because HCQ helps some people very much.

Its downside is mainly that it doesn't reliably have an effect in every patient.
For some people they were recovering in half the time as others with the same condition at the time it was administered.
For other people it had no effect at all.
Meaning it's not dependable.

Since HCQ was created as a safer alternative to quinine for malaria treatment (Quinine is already safe enough to be sold at the grocery store (tonic water)), and HCQ is readily available, it's a decent add-on treatment to administer 'just in case it helps'.

HCQ was actually one of 3 compounds that China identified in the first few months as gaving some effect. They published their studies about it, which I read out of curiosity. HCQ was not actually the best compound, one other was twice as likely to help. But afaik HCQ was cheap and widely available.

It's a shame HCQ got politicised. It annoyed me how people dismissed it just because of the association with Trump.

-scheherazade

Re: Evening Tech Bits
Feb 25, 2021, 16:55
Re: Evening Tech Bits Feb 25, 2021, 16:55
Feb 25, 2021, 16:55

The Half Elf wrote on Feb 25, 2021, 11:04:
Cutter wrote on Feb 24, 2021, 20:59:
And what would the point of that be, Joe? We already know why there's a shortage. Rather, people would like to know what you'd actually do about it. Maybe like open some fab plants at home? The pandemic has illustrated more clearly than anything else the critical need to manufacture stuff in your own country. Canada, more than anyone else, desperately needs to learn that lesson. Fuck free trade.

Pervs order large number of pervy mousepads? Shocker. Wry

Why the fuck would I make stuff in the US? I can make millions on the dollar for some cheap asian labor, and install nets around the building to catch the suicidal workers.
OR
I could be like Elon Musk and move my business out of California (like many have done) because of the operating cost and state regulations.

So what exactly would the President do? Companies are in the business of making money right? From a buisness standpoint why would it make sense to open plants in the US?

At some point the lack of domestic manufacturing capacity becomes a defense issue. 99% of consumer goods coming from foreign lands, and 99% of components for domestic goods coming from foreign lands, if someone wants to cut us off, we got an existential crisis on our hands.

-scheherazade
507 Comments. 26 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16    26  ] Older