Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Hanover

Real Name Hanover   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Hanover
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 15, 2001, 02:03
Total Comments 137 (Novice)
User ID 9030

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ] Older >

News Comments > F1 2017 Trailer
1. Re: F1 2017 Trailer Aug 16, 2017, 22:35 Hanover

I am chomping at the bit so bad for a new driving/racing game that adds VR. Codies did it with Dirt Rally, but then nada. Please add VR!  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Divinity: Original Sin 2 Split-screen and Controller Support
5. Re: Divinity: Original Sin 2 Split-screen and Controller Support Aug 2, 2017, 22:25 Hanover

Awesome! I liked the first a lot though I never finished it, even after 90 hours. Split screen is a selling point for me.  

News Comments > Age of Heroes VR Released
11. Re: Age of Heroes VR Released Jul 21, 2017, 20:42 Hanover

I've had my Rift for a while now and in my opinion, cockpit games (with a steering wheel/hotas)are the best experience for me. Examples like Elite, Project Cars, Asetto Corsa, Dirt Rally (yow!), iRacing and Euro Truck Simulator 2 are system sellers.

I have a set of controllers as well, but haven't set up either them or roomscale at all. Also, I don't know much about the Vive, but the Rift is a fairly simple setup to your PC but it took me a couple of days to get the fit on my face to feel comfortable enough to go a few hours at a time.

News Comments > Saturday Safety Dance
3. Re: Saturday Safety Dance Feb 12, 2017, 16:42 Hanover

Good idea, thank you!

News Comments > Saturday Safety Dance
1. Re: Saturday Safety Dance Feb 12, 2017, 12:43 Hanover

Speaking of life after antivirus, we're looking into replacing our Kaspersky endpoint with Cylance. We're doing a proof of concept and I've researched a bit but has anyone had any experience, good or bad with Cylance?  

News Comments > On Sale
2. Re: On Sale Dec 20, 2016, 21:04 Hanover

I put about 30 hours into Alien Isolation when I finished it and loved most all of it. Well, the end got a little dumb as the Alien difficulty ramped up and the Alien was seemingly everywhere. I ended up kinda jerking the AI around (AI as in Artificial intelligence and not Alien Isolation) by hiding in the vents and taking advantage that the stupid Alien couldn't see me even if I was half hanging out of the vents.

Still, the game was really well done and I loved the environments a lot.

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
9. Re: Evening Safety Dance Nov 11, 2016, 23:01 Hanover

Not sure if you are still having the Win7 patching issue, but I run into this at work all the time. My current best solution for a fresh install that refuses to patch is the following (assuming you installed 64-bit):

1. WindowsUpdateAgent-7.6-x64.exe from here: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/949104 (This may or may not be necessary, but I install it now from habit)
2. Windows6.1-KB3050265-x64.msu from here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=47351
3. Windows6.1-KB3102810-x64.msu from here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=49540

Install in that order and reboot when prompted. Hope this helps. It worked for me on the last few fresh installs.

Hmm, I notice now that I've spent the time typing this out that you may not be having the same issue, since you mentioned "wont update anymore". My issue was that on a fresh install of Win7, it simply runs forever searching for Windows Updates. This fixes that issue. YMMV.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
25. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 9, 2016, 22:21 Hanover

Happy Anniversary and thank you for being the best site on the web Blue!  

News Comments > Forza Motorsport 6: Apex Released
2. Re: Forza Motorsport 6: Apex Released Sep 6, 2016, 22:36 Hanover

From http://news.xbox.com/2016/09/06/forza-motorsport-6-apex-comes-beta-wheel-support

With today’s update, we’re bringing support for a number of popular wheels to the Forza franchise, in Apex and the soon to be released Forza Horizon 3. This full list:

Logitech G27 Racing Wheel
Logitech G25 Racing Wheel
Logitech G29 Racing Wheel
Logitech MOMO Force Feedback Racing Wheel
Thrustmaster T300RS
Thrustmaster T500 RS Gaming Wheel
Logitech G920 Xbox One Wheel
Thrustmaster T150
Thrustmaster TX Xbox One Wheel
Thrustmaster TMX Xbox One Wheel
Thrustmaster RGT Force Feedback Racing Wheel

Note that there are additional wheels that we plan on bringing on board soon...

News Comments > The Solus Project Episode Three
2. Re: The Solus Project Episode Three Apr 14, 2016, 22:42 Hanover

I'm not a big early access fan so this is on my radar but I haven't picked it up yet. Any idea how close to release they are?  

News Comments > Dark Souls III Released
19. Re: Dark Souls III Released Apr 12, 2016, 20:08 Hanover

Played a couple hours last night and everything went smooth. The game is sweet and so far, everything I expect in a souls game. First boss was stupid hard for me as a sorcerer but I suspect that shouldn't be the case. It was lovely though. I must be out of practice.

Using a controller on my PC for what it's worth.

5. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 26, 2016, 12:48 Hanover

I feel so secure now!

My Visa # is <redacted>

10. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 11, 2016, 20:24 Hanover

I also have no issues with Videosift. I kinda like the links actually as they lead me to browse their top 10. I don't even do much to block ads, Firefox and Adblock plus is all.  

News Comments > Morning Crowdfunding Roundup
6. Re: Morning Crowdfunding Roundup Dec 29, 2015, 16:59 Hanover

I am definitely interested in seeing what DF comes up with. Hope they can come close to the excellence of the first one.  

3. RE: Out of the Blue Oct 9, 2015, 10:29 Hanover

Here's to Blue and the site that has been my homepage for 15+ years. Thanks for everything!  

News Comments > Quote of the Day
19. Re: Quote of the Day Sep 14, 2015, 16:10 Hanover

ZeroPike1 wrote on Sep 14, 2015, 15:47:
As a subsidiary of Sony Computer Entertainment, Naughty Dog are best known for developing games for the PlayStation family of consoles, including the Crash Bandicoot series for the original PlayStation, Jak and Daxter on PlayStation 2, and Uncharted and The Last of Us on PlayStation 3 and PlayStation 4. Prior to this, they also developed games including Dream Zone, Keef the Thief, Rings of Power and Way of the Warrior.

From the Naughty Dog Wiki. You really want these guys doing HL3. You are nuts. No. Just No. Leave it to Valve, even if it comes out a mess, or the second coming version of gaming. Leave it where it belongs.
I loved Rings of Power on my Genesis. There was this one spell, Frenzy I think is was that was so bad ass I'd speed though the game until I was able to pick just that one spell up.

News Comments > The Witcher III Exp Bug
24. Re: The Witcher III Exp Bug May 28, 2015, 16:00 Hanover

ItBurn wrote on May 28, 2015, 15:15:
New vid from Mac about the combat in Witcher 3. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QIeEZeKN8JE
I think that's the same Worth a Buy video from a week ago. Yep, he still hates the combat.

News Comments > The Witcher III Patched
52. Re: The Witcher III Patched May 26, 2015, 17:27 Hanover

I struggled with the combat controls for a while. I tried KB+M and Xbox controller but never was satisfied with either. The fight with the Griffin though was the turning point in my game. I tried about eight times with KB+M and just couldn't get out of the way of my stupid fingers. I even tried rebinding attack keys so that strong attack was on the middle and then later the right mouse buttons but I never could get the right combo that worked for me. I think a large part of it is how the dodge and roll functionality works on a keyboard.

I went back to my Xbox controller and downed him in two tries, the second time I hardly broke a sweat. Since then, I've been using a mix of keyboard and controller. Keyboard and mouse for the menus, inventory and crafting and controller for exploring and combat.

Then I was browsing the CDP forums and came across this vid of a guy that plays defensively and it's a cool look at how combat plays for him. In his game, it's a fluid dance of motion and momentum that I can totally get into. My game plays like disjointed button mashing compared. That solidified it for me. Since then I've totally adjusted to how the game moves and plays and am having a ball. It's not quite how this dude plays, but it certainly borrows heavily from it.

The combat video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d01jyfonn94
From this thread: http://forums.cdprojektred.com

News Comments > Game Reviews
1. RE: Game Reviews May 23, 2015, 14:46 Hanover

Wow, Mack skewered W3 and I agree to a certain extent. The movement and controls are twitchy as hell. I'm currently playing with a controller on my PC since I struggle with the KBM. For reference, I tried to play Witcher 2 a couple of times and kept giving up after a few hours because the controls with keyboard and mouse sucked so badly. I finally tried it with an Xbox controller as a last result and ended up finishing the game using it (and got partway into playthrough two before finally stopping).

In this game though, the controls are nowhere near as tight as W2. It also seems like each new Witcher game makes the combat a little less interesting. Loved the combat in the first Witcher the most though I think I ended up modding it for more interesting combat so I may not be remembering it correctly.

I like the story and game world in Witcher 3 so I'm continuing to play, but I cant wait for some kind of combat rebalance mod to come out.

News Comments > Into the Black
3. Re: Into the Black May 18, 2015, 22:44 Hanover

Still waiting on my GOG key from Green Man  

137 Comments. 7 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo