Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Jason

Real Name Jason   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname .Drifter
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 20, 2001, 09:41
Total Comments 502 (Apprentice)
User ID 8752

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > etc., etc.
2. Re: etc., etc. Jul 13, 2016, 22:20 .Drifter

I figure they just started out with each game version relatively equal, and are tweaking for the individual systems, like that turret nerf that didn't hit PC.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > 7 Million Play Overwatch, Minus a Bunch of Cheaters
13. Re: 7 Million Play Overwatch, Minus a Bunch of Cheaters Jun 2, 2016, 23:42 .Drifter

I've been enjoying it, started playing the day after launch and didn't touch beta. There just seems to be a frantic feel to the gameplay that I haven't felt in years in other fps I've played, and I like it. I have some doubts about the longevity, unless they put out a few more game modes, but I'm having a ball for now. Oh, and last night was the first time I'd heard anyone in voice chat for the game.  

News Comments > Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War III Announced
7. Re: Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War III Announced May 3, 2016, 21:32 .Drifter

Turn that trailer into a movie, and I'd buy a ticket!  

News Comments > RUINER Announced
14. Re: RUINER Announced Apr 21, 2016, 15:41 .Drifter

Burrito of Peace wrote on Apr 21, 2016, 14:42:
nin wrote on Apr 21, 2016, 09:30:
Best TDS track!

TDS?

The Downward Spiral.
Trent Reznor.
Nine Inch Nails

"the ruiner's got a lot to prove he's got nothing to lose and now he made you believe
the ruiner's your only friend well he's the living end to the cattle he deceives"

News Comments > Star Wars: The Old Republic - Visions in the Dark Next Month
3. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic - Visions in the Dark Next Month Mar 18, 2016, 01:03 .Drifter

CJ_Parker wrote on Mar 17, 2016, 20:19:
Why the fuck would you "face" or "confront" an immortal emperor? That's about as fucking retarded as it gets but being an EA/BioWhore game it's par for the course these days. Retard central craps out retarded story. Great job.

Movingalong

Immortal doesn't necessarily mean unkillable. Just look at Highlander.

News Comments > Rock Band 4 PC Crowdfunding
6. Re: Rock Band 4 PC Crowdfunding Mar 2, 2016, 01:13 .Drifter

To be fair, so far everything I've kickstarted I've been satisfied with, with the possible exception of Mighty #9. I think every time they post on that one, my expectations just drop a little more.
It's like lending money to a friend, be careful, and never give out any more than you can afford to lose.

News Comments > Steam Issues Fixed
30. Re: Steam Issues Fixed Dec 27, 2015, 01:50 .Drifter

When I noticed something was odd, found the issue withing 5 minutes or less with a google search. Admittedly, it was later in the day when I tried to log into Steam.
As for not notifying anyone, yeah they didn't update the main page (which was stupid, imho), but they did put up a post in the Community forum.

News Comments > Force Awakens DLC for Battlefront in Doubt
9. Re: Force Awakens DLC for Battlefront in Doubt Dec 25, 2015, 15:46 .Drifter

DangerDog wrote on Dec 25, 2015, 14:54:

I think the idea of a stand alone game or movie focusing on Han Solo has completely lost it's luster after what they did to the character in the Force Awakens.

Pretty sure that's what Harrison Ford wanted, seeing as how that's what what he wanted for his character in Return of the Jedi, so I don't know all of that can be put on the writers. It does mirror Ep IV, in a way, though.

News Comments > On Fallout 4's Graphics
44. Re: On Fallout 4's Graphics Nov 5, 2015, 02:09 .Drifter

Slick wrote on Nov 4, 2015, 21:52:
KTR wrote on Nov 4, 2015, 19:24:
Still Gamebryo...

yup, a 20 year old engine :/

you can only throw so many coats of paint on a dead horse...

it's not the "graphics" which hold it back, it's everything else, the object count, view distance, polygon count, animations, really the animations still look like they're 1999...

*Looks at Fallout 4*
*Looks at Quake III Arena*
. . .
Yep, look exactly the same.

News Comments > Battle.net Voice Chat Coming
4. Re: Battle.net Voice Chat Coming Oct 22, 2015, 21:47 .Drifter

Wonder if they're just extending the voice chat they put in WoW a while back. Which no one seems to use?  

News Comments > Star Citizen Star Cast Revealed
67. Re: Star Citizen Star Cast Revealed Oct 11, 2015, 21:40 .Drifter

Wondering if they were playing that real time, or if it was like that Lionhead demo a couple years back, the one with the boy in it, where it was all pre-rendered and choreographed for them to interact with it.  

News Comments > BATTLETECH Kickstarter
38. Re: BATTLETECH Kickstarter Sep 29, 2015, 20:22 .Drifter

Task wrote on Sep 29, 2015, 15:49:
I guarantee they had to mention MWO in that pitch video specifically because they are using their art style. Basically free advertising. It sucks that they didn't even mention MW3, MW4, and MW:LL. Oh well, I'm in it for the turn-based gaming and SO... SOOOOO glad it is not f2p, hallelujah.

I can almost see it now, "What's this MWO they are mentioning? A new MechWarrior, could it be!?" *Intrepid clueless buyer Googles it and finds it* "Oh is it like MW5?" *They see f2p* "Oh its that game... so its not actually MW5... and the Mechs cost more than Shadowrun Returns, Hong Kong, and BattleTech combined?"

If I remember right, a lot of the original artwork was used without permission from Japanese anime and manga, so they had to change it, probably why they went with MWO's art style.

News Comments > Shovel Knight: Plague of Shadows Free DLC
4. Re: Shovel Knight: Plague of Shadows Free DLC Sep 20, 2015, 01:08 .Drifter

Loved Mystery Men, one of my favorite movies, always hated they didn't make a sequel. Heard Stiller still wants too, but that was a couple years ago, and I think it would just flop now.  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
29. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 14, 2015, 00:47 .Drifter

As a side note, Gamestop sells downloads/codes for Blizzard games on their website.  

News Comments > Call of Duty: Black Ops III Open Beta
11. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops III Open Beta Aug 30, 2015, 08:52 .Drifter

I've played the beta, and while it took a little work to get it to run decently, I actually enjoyed it in the same mindless pew pew shoot 'em up way I did doom, quake, and quake 2.
Starting to wonder at this point how much of the hate is due to it being "shit" as opposed to the COD games being a former PC-centric game series that was co-opted to consoles and has become a semi recycle each year, kind of like Madden.
As a side note, the screen shots look noticeably better than anything I could get the game to look like via current settings.

News Comments > Borderlands Movie Plans
12. Re: Borderlands Movie Plans Aug 29, 2015, 00:46 .Drifter

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Aug 28, 2015, 19:26:
.Drifter wrote on Aug 28, 2015, 18:06:
I don't really see this working out too well, especially if it's live action.
All they need to do is make it Mad Max: Fury Road only with vault hunters and job done. They won't though, they'll fuck it up and use horrific amounts of CGI and horrible dialogue.

I'd rather the movie be something like this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JXoeT0W1waA rather than a live action with CGI.
To be honest though, I'd rather see more Codehunters than a Borderlands movie, lol.

News Comments > Borderlands Movie Plans
1. Re: Borderlands Movie Plans Aug 28, 2015, 18:06 .Drifter

I don't really see this working out too well, especially if it's live action.  

News Comments > Turok & Turok 2 PC Remasters Coming
12. Re: Turok & Turok 2 PC Remasters Coming Aug 26, 2015, 21:51 .Drifter

saluk wrote on Aug 26, 2015, 19:17:
Turok! Come for the dinosaurs, stay for the best example of the aphorism "nobody likes jumping puzzles in a fps". Those later levels, falling and having to reply like half of the level to get to where you fell and then falling again.

Also, the first turok was like a showcase of the 3dfx chip if I recall. So most people never played it, because most people never had a 3dfx.

3dfx was the 3d card to own if you were a gamer back in the day, blew nvidia's original cards, Riva's I think they were called, away in terms of speed. Owned two voodoo 2's to sli myself, still have them packed away somewhere.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
26. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 23, 2015, 20:42 .Drifter

ARK. Bought it based on hype of some friends, and it being a top seller. Played it, thought it was actually pretty decent, they seem to patch it multiple times a day even, but . . . while I was able to get it to run decently, my biggest issues is spawning in front of stuff that kills me. Start a game, there's a T-Rex, and I'm dead. I respawn, oh hello mr. t-rex . . . dead again. Rinse/repeat.  

News Comments > Otherland Early Access This Month
4. Re: Otherland Early Access This Month Aug 14, 2015, 23:29 .Drifter

So Otherland is worth a read then?
As a side note, one series I thought started well but went downhill was the Sword of Truth series. Got to the point I thought the author was only writing it to come up with new ways to torture the heroes.
Seriously, I would have said enough is enough and opened up a can of whoop ass before putting up with half the crap he put them through in those books.

502 Comments. 26 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo