Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter
User information for fh

Real Name fh   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Nimh
Email Concealed by request
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Jan 17, 2001, 00:28
Total Comments 786 (Graduate)
User ID 8716

User comment history
< Newer [ 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ] Older >

News Comments > Vietcong Multiplayer Demo

16. Re: Ok Dec 13, 2002, 22:13 Nimh

Deadly Dozen environments look much better than these, IMO. Also th emovement gave me a slight motion sickness, I've never had that before.

I did like the helicopter.. It was crispy. And also the way the player character would hold the gun when right against an opject. That was a nice touch.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Playboy Game Unveiled

27. Re: No thanks Dec 11, 2002, 15:13 Nimh

Gosh, some of you guys are so holier-than-thou. The concept is unusual, but that doesn't mean the game will suck. There are plenty of ways it could be a good game and plenty of ways it could be bad... the license doesn't make the game.

It'll suck. The nature of p0rn is not one of intellectual achievement. The attraction to most games is the satisfaction of mastering the system of the game itself. Never the two shall meet. Sex being an urge, gaming being journey.

Sure a game can have sexy elements but about sex? Never.... Unless you need to rub one off.

News Comments > etc.

7. Re: The suicide bombe game Dec 6, 2002, 16:07 Nimh

Where's the complexity? The justification behind the action? That's just politics.

I can move on. How about Kissinger and the murder of 600,000 Cambodian citizens? I bet that was a real "complex" decision also. And I bet it would be a great video game.

I'll never figure it out. I guess it's some sort of perversion of patrotism.

It's the same shoe, and amazingly... It's the same foot it's on. It's simply a matter of perspective.

BTW. My whole office played that game a couple months ago and we all had a great time. Fun game.

News Comments > etc.

5. Re: The suicide bombe game Dec 6, 2002, 14:48 Nimh

Ohhh... I see. If you hold a gun then you're worthy to die. If you don't then you're "innocent".

Thanks for the qualification. I forgot the rules, shame on me. So then... The suicide game is similar to a game about dropping an Hydrogen bomb on Japan. Killing civilians, that's bad right?

News Comments > etc.

2. Re: THE SUICIDE BOMBE GAME Dec 6, 2002, 12:12 Nimh

How is that game different than any other "kill some pixels with a gun type game?" A game is cool if you can kill some Arabs, a game is crass if you kill American interests?!? Typical...

News Comments > Out of the Blue

8. Re: Happy Nov 21, 2002, 09:50 Nimh

Happy Birthday Blue!

News Comments > Tech Bits

3. Re: Demo AVIs? Nov 19, 2002, 10:37 Nimh

Do they even have a working board yet? I've seen a few pictures but I haven't seen any actual reviews yet, aside from the "paper" reviews.

News Comments > Mafia "European" Demo

1. LOL. Nov 19, 2002, 10:10 Nimh

Fewer strip malls... heh.

11. Re: Two Questions Nov 18, 2002, 20:25 Nimh

I'd personally never trust a percentage posted by Nvidia. If we followed all the "percentages" from all there driver updates we'd already have a GF5800 performance from our TNT2.

Wait until the NDA expires, then we'll see.

5. Re: NVidia site Nov 18, 2002, 13:29 Nimh

That's because nvidia rocks! They have a wide selection of cards to suit anyone's needs. There's really no reason to buy anything else. They are the best. I wouldn't trust any other graphics card in my PC.

News Comments > Raven Shield MP Demo

43. Re: YAY!!! Nov 15, 2002, 12:10 Nimh

I'll try thta tonight. All of yesterdays attempts were "long" throws.

41. Re: YAY!!! Nov 15, 2002, 09:04 Nimh

This demo is GREAT!

It has the same balance as the other R6 games.

My only miff is that the grenades need to roll a bit further. I can't even get a grenade to clear a 20' hallway.

20. Re: YAY!!! Nov 14, 2002, 12:47 Nimh

I think some of the posters here have never played any other Red Storm game. This isn't Counter Strike kiddies, this is a special ops simulator.

3. Re: WooHoo! Nov 14, 2002, 09:59 Nimh

I'm at work but I want to add a... Woohoo!

News Comments > IL-2 Forgotten Battles Elevated

4. Re: Good for them! Nov 13, 2002, 23:42 Nimh

What's weird is that the new game CD will include all the content of the old game CD, + the new stuff.

I've never seen anything like that before and I'm wondering what the Publisher will do with the old CD's? Just imagine an average consumer picking up IL-2 (orginal), going home and finding out they bought the version with only old content.

How can Ubisoft keep the original on the shelf if the new one includes all the original material? or will they? It leaves the old IL-2 product in a weird situation. It sorta becomes IL-2 Lite, with the new one being the real deal.

News Comments > IL-2 Forgotten Battles Elevated

1. I'll give that a... Nov 13, 2002, 22:54 Nimh

Woohoo!!!

Screenshots here:
http://www.il2sturmovik.com/forgotten_battles/fb_development.php

News Comments > Direct X 9.0 Beta

10. Re: No DX9 apps.. Nov 13, 2002, 12:42 Nimh

ATI has new DX9 drivers for the 9700 and a small demo. No other card is DX9 compatable.

Check out www.rage3d.com for details.

News Comments > Spearhead Demo Patch & Server

1. ROFL! Nov 12, 2002, 17:19 Nimh

"getting on a Mortar and then disconnecting from the server"

ROFL!!! That statement is funny on so many levels... hehe.

News Comments > DD: Pacific Theater Ships

4. Re: No subject Nov 11, 2002, 12:08 Nimh

Multi was added at the very end and the team is working hard to get it working right. It'll be in a patch if it hasn't already made it to the gold copy.

They did a real good job with this game. The best part of it is that renders really fast. So it doesn't have the bog and crunch of RTCW, 1942, MoHAA. It almost feels like a Halflife Mod with a greatly improved engine.

The Jungle/foliage effects are absolutely stunning. The demo AI had some path finding issues but, for a budget game, this one is awesome.

News Comments > Out of the Blue

12. Re: No subject Nov 9, 2002, 18:44 Nimh

I'm talking about the "Watch the Video" one. It's pink and has a UGO stamp on the left.

It's stupid, sexist and doesn't have anything to do with gaming other than appealing to the 12-14 crowd.

786 Comments. 40 pages. Viewing page 34.
< Newer [ 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ] Older >