Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter
User information for fh

Real Name fh   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Nimh
Email Concealed by request
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On January 17, 2001
Founding Supporter Silver, since February 25, 2020
Total Comments 836 (Graduate)
User ID 8716

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Tencent Invests in Platinum

9. Re: Tencent Invests in Platinum Jan 7, 2020, 20:31  Nimh 

jdreyer wrote on Jan 7, 2020, 19:39:
Nimh wrote on Jan 7, 2020, 14:47:
El Pit wrote on Jan 7, 2020, 13:30:
Darks wrote on Jan 7, 2020, 11:17:
Anytime Tencent is involved in any investment, means you just sold your soul.

It is much wiser to sell your soul to US investment groups and hedge funds!

If you sell out, you sell out.

Yeah, imperfect Democracy vs Authoritarian dictatorship. All the same, sure.
Corporate Oligarcy vs Authoritarian system. The US isn't really a democracy any longer.

"The central point that emerges from our research is that economic elites and organized groups representing business interests have substantial independent impacts on US government policy, while mass-based interest groups and average citizens have little or no independent influence."

I mean, sure, we elect our leaders (although the person with the most votes doesn't necessarily ascend to power), but those leaders don't do the peoples' bidding. They do corporate bidding.

Though it might be just lip service to those at the top, we do still have the rule of law. But as this thread indicates, people really donít care either way it seems.

This comment was edited on Jan 8, 2020, 07:22.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Tencent Invests in Platinum

3. Re: Tencent Invests in Platinum Jan 7, 2020, 14:47  Nimh 

El Pit wrote on Jan 7, 2020, 13:30:
Darks wrote on Jan 7, 2020, 11:17:
Anytime Tencent is involved in any investment, means you just sold your soul.

It is much wiser to sell your soul to US investment groups and hedge funds!

If you sell out, you sell out.

Yeah, imperfect Democracy vs Authoritarian dictatorship. All the same, sure.

News Comments > Video Game and Tech Workers Unionization Campaign

13. Re: Video Game and Tech Workers Unionization Campaign Jan 7, 2020, 13:39  Nimh 

The Half Elf wrote on Jan 7, 2020, 13:30:
Question:

If they do unionize, are we going to see more microtransactions in games to offset the development costs?

EA CEO made about 20 million last year.. I'm sure he would love for you to believe game development would be negatively impacted by him having to provide a better work environment.

News Comments > Video Game and Tech Workers Unionization Campaign

6. Re: Video Game and Tech Workers Unionization Campaign Jan 7, 2020, 13:12  Nimh 

RedEye9 wrote on Jan 7, 2020, 12:58:
If any group needs Unionization and the protection it affords it's the video game industry.

All tech. workers would benefit.

News Comments > etc., etc.

13. Re: etc., etc. Dec 27, 2019, 21:03  Nimh 

NKD wrote on Dec 27, 2019, 19:31:
Nimh wrote on Dec 27, 2019, 19:22:
Show runners are literally coffee boys, gophers.. when has their opinion mattered? Am I missing something?

Um, showrunner is the term used to describe the Producer making all the big decisions. With shows having so many "Executive Producer" credits, it's basically to distinguish which one actually matters.

Thanks! I was a runner as a side job when i was a kid for live entertainment gigs. Tv and film had the same jobs mostly, but completely different jargon.

News Comments > etc., etc.

5. Re: etc., etc. Dec 27, 2019, 19:22  Nimh 

Show runners are literally coffee boys, gophers.. when has their opinion mattered? Am I missing something?  

News Comments > Get Hyper Light Drifter for Free

4. Re: Get Hyper Light Drifter for Free Dec 27, 2019, 14:03  Nimh 

NKD wrote on Dec 27, 2019, 12:27:
Reeeee how dare they release free games. By downloading free games from Epic you're (somehow) funding their stupid exclusives scheme. I'm not sure how that works, but I've been assured by TOP. MEN. that accepting free games from Epic is equivalent to looking the other way while your neighbors are hauled off to an internment camp.

You IMMORAL MONSTERS!!!

Devs are being paid when you snag a freebie, so go for it! Itís China money, you can feel good about taking it.

News Comments > Christmas Safety Dance

1. Re: Christmas Safety Dance Dec 26, 2019, 08:27  Nimh 

ďbugĒ  

News Comments > Black Mesa Xen Release

6. Re: Black Mesa Xen Release Dec 24, 2019, 16:32  Nimh 

RedEye9 wrote on Dec 24, 2019, 14:57:
chickenboo wrote on Dec 24, 2019, 14:09:
Xero wrote on Dec 24, 2019, 13:12:
Sweet. I suppose I'll wait until it's out of EA though before actually giving it a shot. I already got up to the point of Xen and uninstalled it a couple years ago. I can wait longer if need be...

Did the same thing, got up to Xen and have held back since. I'm planning on performing a complete new playthrough since this remaster is so darn good! I think this is close enough for me, I could wait for official non-EA release but it won't be extensions of levels or story, simply bug fixes and further mod support.

I'm going to play this time entirely with the Steam Controller from the couch for that big screen experience.
I got a Steam Controller during the sweet $5 dollar sale. My only fear is the years it will take to set it up.

Use community profiles, easier that way.

News Comments > Get SUPERHOT for Free

5. Re: Get SUPERHOT for Free Dec 21, 2019, 17:52  Nimh 

Burning that sweet sweet Tencent cash to viability, keep 'em coming.  

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance

18. Re: Evening Safety Dance Dec 19, 2019, 11:32  Nimh 

Cutter wrote on Dec 19, 2019, 11:01:
B) Liberal democracy is in trouble, and rightfully so, because it goes too far and by ignoring the wants and needs of the silent majority. Most people are fed up with it. I'd say it's all little more than course correction back to a more center balance. If you try and govern solely from the left or right, you're going to end up in trouble. It's always about Goldilocks. Finding that sweet spot somewhere in between where maybe everyone doesn't get what they want and need but they get enough to keep them at least content, if not happy.

In one breath.. "democracy is in trouble", in the next "ignoring the wants and needs of the silent majority", (a core democratic principle). Once your democratic institutions are gone, you will not have to worry about having choices. Go to China, North Korea or Russia to get a sneak peak of what that looks like.

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance

14. Re: Evening Safety Dance Dec 19, 2019, 06:49  Nimh 

Jivaro wrote on Dec 18, 2019, 21:25:
Honestly, as partisan as the voting was I am not really moved much by the impeachment. He isn't going to get removed by a GOP Senate unless he does something really stupid that puts clear evidence right in front of the voters so that GOP senators can't vote to protect him without risking their jobs. Considering all of the fairly dumb things he has done in this process to hurt himself it isn't impossible, but if I am being honest....I still think he wins the election, let alone pass this impeachment trial in the Senate. I have zero faith that the federal governement has done anything that will keep our elections from being meddled with, the Dems can't seem to find leaders people want to follow, and Trump already won once. I think he is unfit for office, and I will vote against him, but I can't shake the feeling that it really doesn't matter.

One might say the system is rigged and not be far off. From an anthropological standpoint the worldwide shift toward authoritarian models has met little resistance to date and will likely continue. Crazy times we live in.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse

11. Re: Morning Metaverse Dec 17, 2019, 09:41  Nimh 

His earnings are the exception not the rule. And no doubt he is heavily involved in the editing. That shit is no picnic.

We've banned the Youtube app and accounts in our house. It can be watched in a browser with an adult around. Anyone that leaves a child alone with Youtube needs to have their head examined.

News Comments > Out of the Blue

8. Re: Morning Teeth Briefs Dec 14, 2019, 16:37  Nimh 

Rectal Prolapse wrote on Dec 14, 2019, 14:49:
Oh yeah - now that you have an implant you will have to be very serious about your oral hygiene. Floss every day, or maybe even use a Waterpik! Try to extend the life of your implants as long as possible. My goal is to keep up the routine to get 10 years out of mine, instead of the usual 5 years. 90% chance it will last that long supposedly, but that's not good enough for me.

My wife has the same issues and says the facilities are pretty advanced. We are in Montreal. Certainly comparable with her previous oral surgeon in New York City. For what it's worth.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits

1. Re: Evening Tech Bits Dec 12, 2019, 20:50  Nimh 

I canít help but think the data revolution is just the mass manipulation of human nature, whether by Facebook algorithms or mall robot behaviors. Good for those kids, the parent should join in.  

News Comments > Morning Patches

1. Re: Morning Patches Dec 12, 2019, 11:16  Nimh 

I think that's what all of us wanted to be honest, just a reskin of TFC. Will check this out, thanks.

Edit: Download link goes to a discord channel with nothing on it.

This comment was edited on Dec 12, 2019, 17:40.

News Comments > Out of the Blue

4. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 10, 2019, 12:32  Nimh 

Sean Payton gets a year suspension, 750k in fines. Patriots lose a draft pick and get a slap on the wrist. Why wouldn't you cheat again? How many other roaches are in the walls in New England?

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits

3. Re: Evening Tech Bits Dec 6, 2019, 11:06  Nimh 

Not only that.. they used the Titan SKU. Techradar is awful.  

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance

1. Re: Morning Safety Dance Dec 5, 2019, 08:30  Nimh 

Iphone core services can use location, this is so you can find your iphone (via. icloud or another device) or remotely disable it. All apps can have location access toggled off.  

News Comments > NVIDIA on Framerates in Competitive Gaming

6. Re: NVIDIA on Framerates in Competitive Gaming Dec 4, 2019, 09:16  Nimh 

Right after gimping pascal cards, great timing Nvidia!  

836 Comments. 42 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >