Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter
User information for fh

Real Name fh   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Nimh
Email Concealed by request
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Jan 17, 2001, 00:28
Total Comments 750 (Graduate)
User ID 8716

User comment history
< Newer [ 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ] Older >

News Comments > ANNO 1503 MP Plans

3. Re: 1503 Aug 11, 2003, 12:02 Nimh

I found this... Maybe try signing up for the test. I'm going to look into it futher this evening. (EDIT: it looks like a league, not a test area. But they may have info)

http://www.sunflowers.de/cgi-bin/ubb/forumdisplay.cgi?action=topics&forum=2.2+Multi+Player&number=4&DaysPrune=5&LastLogin=

BTW, I never got multiplayer working. I just got the game last week so I'm still on the community learning curve. I played the hell out of Anno 1602 several years ago.

This comment was edited on Aug 11, 12:05.

Everyone has a heart, and its calling for something. And were all so sick and tired of seeing things as they are. ~Nick Cave
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > ANNO 1503 MP Plans

1. 1503 Aug 11, 2003, 10:43 Nimh

Wonderful news! This is a prefect game for couples to play together over a network. Ladys can take the economic path and fellows can take the cannon laiden war ships route. Or vice versa depending on who wears the pants in your house.

In the current incarnation of 1503 you can enable multiplayer by using the "/s" command line switch. It's very buggy but it's in there.

Looking forward to this update.

Everyone has a heart, and its calling for something. And were all so sick and tired of seeing things as they are. ~Nick Cave

News Comments > English XIII Demo

64. Re: No subject Aug 7, 2003, 21:57 Nimh

My controls seem to be locked in the reverse + pan left mode. I tried all sorts of stuff but the controls won't release?!?!

Hey Thera good buddy, I can help you out.

You had a joystick installed and the game automatically set it to default. Simply set UseJoystick to false in the XIII.ini.

Talk to you soon buddy.

43. controls?!?! Aug 7, 2003, 18:03 Nimh

My controls seem to be locked in the reverse + pan left mode. I tried all sorts of stuff but the controls won't release?!?!

Any ideas?

10. Less talk about bandwidth... Aug 7, 2003, 14:09 Nimh

More talk about game!

Go to DSLreports to chatter about how fast you can download pud from the internet. Geesh...

News Comments > Ghost Master Euro Patch

2. Re: US Release? Jul 31, 2003, 19:41 Nimh

No, but you can get it at Gogamer

This comment was edited on Jul 31, 19:41.

News Comments > On Half-Life 2 Graphics

13. karma Jul 23, 2003, 00:13 Nimh

It's like what Bioware/Nvidia did to NWN, except now it's happening to them with a much much larger title. (refering to truform and shapers being conveniently "broken" after the first patch on ATI cards)

Looks like the Nvidia karma check is on it's way to the bank.

News Comments > XIII Preview

9. Re: sweet Jun 17, 2003, 16:22 Nimh

Does DoomIII not look like a bad CG cartoon? Not to mention everything else we play?

It's just the fact of the matter. I love games and I always will but today, June 17th 2003, games are rendered in a pretty crude fashion. For someone to take the time to knock XIII for looking poor should really open their eyes and look at the other games that are coming out.

News Comments > XIII Preview

7. Re: sweet Jun 17, 2003, 14:01 Nimh

Well props to them for trying a new concept.

It's certainly better than all the cookie cutter FPS that claim "realism" all while looking like a two bit student CG project, i.e. everything coming out in the next two years.

News Comments > Ghost Master Demo

23. Re: anyone else having problems with.... Jun 16, 2003, 09:37 Nimh

The video played fine for me and it was actually a pretty good warm up.

About the paranoid features... I thought that if I targeted one person amoung many it would effect them differently than if I scared the pants off the entire house. It didn't seem to do that though.

I'll give it a try tonight with moaning, wind, chains, etc.

I also checked amazon.com and they say the game will be released on Sep. 2nd. That's a pretty long way off.

This comment was edited on Jun 16, 09:40.

16. Re: gay game Jun 15, 2003, 23:58 Nimh

I singled out the spider lady for an hour. I was certain that she was paramoid or even super paranoid. She was running around squaking to everyone. Anyway... I finish it up without a single point for paranoid?!?!

I couldn't even get the madnes level to change for any of them either. I don't think it's part of the tutorial level. (which by the way was the only level that came with my demo)

On the plus side I got someone to faint! They were watching TV without any terror. I gave them the spiders right on top of her head and she keeled right over.

11. Re: So, uhh... Jun 15, 2003, 19:40 Nimh

I'll give the fainting thing a try again.

This game totally slipped under the radar for me and I'm glad I decided to try the demo. Props to devs for coming up with a pretty unique concept.

8. Re: So, uhh... Jun 15, 2003, 19:27 Nimh

How do you get someone to go mad? I can only drive them away even though I'm really targeting the individuals.

I've sat in the mission for quite a while and the "mad" scale doesn't budge.

And has anyone managed to get anyone to faint yet? I can't seem to pull that off either!?!

News Comments > Vietcong Patch Plans

13. Patch Delayed Jun 5, 2003, 16:03 Nimh

The patch is going to be delayed a bit.

http://www.vietcong-game.com/uk/news.html

"Contrary to yesterday's statement regarding VIETCONG's patch being ready today, we regret to inform you there will now be a slight delay with this patch. It's currently still under construction and will hopefully be available for download in a short while. We thank you for patience."

News Comments > Colin McRae Demo Patch Planned

3. Re: How Unfortunate... Jun 2, 2003, 15:45 Nimh

Unfortunately Codemasters seems to have slipped up a bit with that demo. I've never seen such poor quality from them, I suppose that can be blamed on it being a PS2 port.

News Comments > Out of the Blue

4. NY weather Jun 2, 2003, 10:16 Nimh

As long as I don't have to install the air conditioner I'm happy. At least the sun is out this morning.

News Comments > Half-Life 2 Preview

6. Disable cookies May 28, 2003, 11:55 Nimh

FYI... If you disable all cookies from computerandvideogames.com you don't get those registration screens.

News Comments > etc.

6. Re: MTV Icon, St. Anger, Metallica game? May 25, 2003, 13:50 Nimh

Redneck Rampage + Metal = Metallica game.

News Comments > Elder Scrolls III: Bloodmoon Gold

6. Re: Wow two expansions for this game? May 23, 2003, 18:59 Nimh

Mods like this: http://home.wnm.net/~bgriff/MW_Home.html

News Comments > Out of the Blue

9. Re: ADSL May 7, 2003, 10:12 Nimh

Blue... Have you looked into Optimum online? The only reason I mention this is that my speed, somewhere South of you in Westchester, is 1MB up/10 MB down. It's $40 a month and the speed is amazing. All the xDSL services I've tried didn't even go above 750/1500.

750 Comments. 38 pages. Viewing page 28.
< Newer [ 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ] Older >