Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter
User information for fh

Real Name fh   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Nimh
Email Concealed by request
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Jan 17, 2001, 00:28
Total Comments 750 (Graduate)
User ID 8716

User comment history
< Newer [ 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Q&As

4. Re: i am wetting my pants over this one Oct 1, 2003, 17:16 Nimh

How do you get up to the sniper? All the stairs are broken aren't they?

Everyone has a heart, and its calling for something. And were all so sick and tired of seeing things as they are. ~Nick Cave
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Q&As

2. Re: TBS Paradise Oct 1, 2003, 15:13 Nimh

I'll second that. I still have the demo installed and I fire it up a few times a week still.

Everyone has a heart, and its calling for something. And were all so sick and tired of seeing things as they are. ~Nick Cave

News Comments > Lock On: Modern Air Combat Demo

7. Re: No subject Sep 28, 2003, 00:48 Nimh

Over at the official forums one of the devs said it was leaked early. It's supposed to be officially available on the 6th of October so maybe UBI will start hosting it by then.

"Wags" isn't a developer, he's a Ubisoft monkey (same as "Stormin"). 50% of his comments are lies and the other 50% is bullshit.

The demo, to my understanding, is a rip from a UK gamer magazine. The magazine is on the shelves now in the UK. The torrent link that showed up early this morning was the installer from this CD.

It's not to shocking to see Ubisoft totally unaware of there own PR bullshit.

News Comments > Once Upon a Knight Demo

12. Holy cow Sep 22, 2003, 23:29 Nimh

Never has a cow been modelled such precision as in this game. Amazing.

News Comments > Out of the Blue

260. No subject Sep 18, 2003, 14:38 Nimh

Best wishes family Blue. Our hearts are with yours.

News Comments > Spaceships Ahoy: Homeworld 2

9. Re: No subject Sep 16, 2003, 14:10 Nimh

In my quest to like the Homeworld2 demo I've spent countless hours on the Relic forums. The developer is actually quite in touch with the community (kudos to them). After reading many threads with many responses, from said developers, I've come to the conclusion that the game play is pretty much set in stone.

I'm not a power gamer unfortunetly. I enjoy games for the environment and atmosphere that they provide, not for bunny hopping or stat building. This is the primary difference between HW and HW2 from all I've seen (both forums and demo).

News Comments > Spaceships Ahoy: Homeworld 2

7. No subject Sep 16, 2003, 13:53 Nimh

Homeworld = Beautiful story with brilliant atmosphere and playability.

Homeworld2 = Power Gamer fodder with 3D graphic sauce.

Conclusion: Disappointment

News Comments > IL-2 Forgotten Battles Patch

5. Re: Did they recall the patch? Sep 5, 2003, 09:17 Nimh

The patch has been recalled. Apparently Ubisoft posted the wrong version.

Stay tuned...

News Comments > Homeworld 2 Demo Released

71. Re: Demo review Sep 3, 2003, 23:50 Nimh

This game looks like it could be great. I'd put little stock in the review by Thera, who seems to be an impossible-to-please nitpicker who believes an entire game can be summed up by taking a spin through a two-mission demo.

I'm certainly possible to please. I just wanted to post my feelings on the demo rather than some bullshit about how cool my download speed is. You guys are welcome to your own opinions but I highly doubt an attack on my opinion is warranted. Either post your thoughts on the demo or don't.

Let's wait for the reviews. No need to listen to me when they will tell you the same thing.

65. Re: Demo review Sep 3, 2003, 23:00 Nimh

I think u might have set your expectations too high.

There's probably a lot to that. I was a huge fan of the first. I stayed up all night playing it. I'd restart levels just to do it better. What a great game.

61. Re: Demo review Sep 3, 2003, 22:48 Nimh

Don't play multiplayer. The first one was great because of it's single player game and atmosphere.

58. Demo review Sep 3, 2003, 22:25 Nimh

I just finished up the demo missions and I must say that I'm pretty disappointed.

The graphics are top notch and self shading effects are out of this world. But that seems to be the only difference between this version and the original. Even the first mission was 90% identical to the original's first mission?!?

The movies are wonderful but they're the same as the first Homeworld. A little innovation or creativity could've been used, it's been 4 years after all. It almost felt like Cataclysm in it's attempt to suck more license out of the original concept.

At no point in the demo, aside from the limited tutorial, are you allowed to examine anything. Every second is interupted with "action". This takes the form of either a psuedo cut-scene or another enemy attack, or a combination. You can't even finish collecting the resources at the end of the fighting, it just sweeps you off to the next phase.

Not only that but the ships now fight on their own. I'm tempted to see if the demo missions can be won without ever instructing a ship to do anything. Simply enable the build menu and it should play itself. This is amazing how bad this turned out.

The developers dropped their load on Homeworld and can't seem to follow it up with anything of merit. Lame (let's hold the gamer's hand) gameplay plus totally weak story adaptations (Milk the license) equals one poor ass demo.

If anything let's hope some mods the original Homeworld story into the new engine. Aside from that prospect this is a porker.

News Comments > TRON 2.0 Patch

12. Re: Here it is: Aug 29, 2003, 22:20 Nimh

Seems like a big patch for so few fixes. It certainly doesn't effect any of my game play. Maybe later I suppose.

News Comments > English Yager Demo

4. Re: SSE? Aug 27, 2003, 11:38 Nimh

Is this the fun version?

News Comments > German Yager Demo

12. Re: Yager kicks poo Aug 26, 2003, 23:11 Nimh

This is a joke. I've been looking at this for a year or two now and it's a cheap console port!?!

Echelon wraps this POS around it's finger. The only thing going for it are the graphics. And that's quickly lost in the mind numbing circle strafe xbox BS. At least Echelon set a mood, this thing can barely manage to keep itself together coming out of the cut scene.

The developers should have kept it on the console platform.

News Comments > Homeworld 2 Gold

1. !!!! Aug 25, 2003, 14:57 Nimh

What? Huh? Now!

Woohoo!

12. Re: IL2FB Aug 12, 2003, 18:53 Nimh

When FB was released it was the most noob-ish of all the different IL2 versions (via patches). It's nice to see some of former IL2 quirks returned to the game play.

9. Re: IL2FB Aug 12, 2003, 14:00 Nimh

An ATI work around is to extract the "opengl.dll" from the 3.4 driver pack and simply place it in your IL2 root directory. You don't have to go back to older drivers then.

I'm not home from work yet but this is the word on the street with regard to this issue.

6. Re: IL2FB Aug 12, 2003, 11:41 Nimh

You get a huge prop wash from gunning the throttle now. IL2 never had that. It just had the little tire dust, not the prop wash dust.

From my upgrade experience with IL2 the most critical element is memory bandwidth. I have a friend on a Nforce2 and a GF4200 that manages to get higher frame rates than me with a faster P4 and 9800 Pro.

My limiting factor is my 133 fsb. He uses the memory interlacing on the nforce and gets about 5-10 more fps than me on the Black Death track. FYI, my black death average is 29 fps (console: >fps SHOW START)

2. Re: IL2FB Aug 12, 2003, 11:11 Nimh

No screenshots but I tried the leaked beta8 a few weeks back.

-airplanes kick up dust on the runways now (very cool looking)
-airplanes kick up dust flying at low alt.
-airplanes create a wake in the water at low alt.
-all bomblets create an effect now, not just the ones that hit a solid target. Regular bombs are still the same.
-landscape blending is much much better. Near to far looks much more natural, not as patchy as before.
-Perfect settings have been optimized but are still a system killer.

That's about all I can remember at the moment.

750 Comments. 38 pages. Viewing page 27.
< Newer [ 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ] Older >