Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter
User information for fh

Real Name fh   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Nimh
Email Concealed by request
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Jan 17, 2001, 00:28
Total Comments 751 (Graduate)
User ID 8716

User comment history
< Newer [ 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ] Older >

News Comments > LO: MAC Patches

3. Flight mechanics Jan 7, 2004, 12:28 Nimh

Does this fix or upgrade the horrible flight mechanics?

If someone could test a high AOA wing stall and still maintain controlled flight over the airplane I'd appreciate it.

Everyone has a heart, and its calling for something. And were all so sick and tired of seeing things as they are. ~Nick Cave
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Demo Open Letter

3. Good idea Dec 16, 2003, 11:36 Nimh

It's disturbing to see a public demonstration being used as a tool to increase registrations. If a certain source feels the need to secure exclusive rights to a Publisher's demonstration content then by all means the competition can organize to deny free service to that Publisher.

Everyone has a heart, and its calling for something. And were all so sick and tired of seeing things as they are. ~Nick Cave

News Comments > etc.

4. Re: Gun pulled?! Dec 9, 2003, 13:29 Nimh

And his clan mates kept telling him to pull the trigger?!?!

It seems to be getting harder and harder to be recognized as a responsible industry. Where are all the addictive zero-sum games? Where's the game theory?

News Comments > IL-2 Forgotten Battles Patch

1. FB Dec 3, 2003, 14:12 Nimh

Seems to be some nice additions in the graphics and sound settings.

Can't say I'm too impressed with the new maps and or airplanes, it seems to dilute the Eastern Front heart of the game. No doubt most US folks will love the new flyable P51 though.

News Comments > DX: Invisible War Wednesday

5. Hmmm.... Dec 1, 2003, 21:24 Nimh

WooHoo!

News Comments > Sunday Screenshots

11. Car Wars! Nov 23, 2003, 21:34 Nimh

It reminded me of Car Wars (mini gun mounted on door). Man that would be one hell of a cool game if it was made like a simulator (physics, first person view, etc.).

News Comments > Deus Ex: Invisible War Demo

133. Re: OMG! Nov 22, 2003, 20:50 Nimh

Someone made a little tweaker program, it works well. See link.

http://www.deusexzone.info/downloads.php?file_id=451

News Comments > Game Reviews

5. Re: No subject Nov 13, 2003, 14:59 Nimh

The command menu is the "RTS" thingy (I think). I'm not sure why it's in the game.

The AI is sublime in my opinion. The only problem is with path finding in tight spaces I think (I've never had them get stuck in a fence cut). I personally really like the entire range of actions that the ai can perform. It's amazing that you can reload the same save point 10 times and get 10 different fire fights.

I once had an enemy soldier flank our position and none of my guys even saw him until it was too late. The enemy ai is very frustrating to me but that's because I can't predict it. I love that.

3. Re: No subject Nov 13, 2003, 14:36 Nimh

I agree. If they would've simply dropped the command menu from the game it would've been much better in my opinion. I've never used the command menu yet and I don't plan to start.

All you need to play the game is the WASD quadrant and the number pad to give voice orders. If you ignore the command menu part of the game you'll be able to play without a problem.

1. H&D2 review Nov 13, 2003, 13:43 Nimh

Its not that Hidden & Dangerous 2 is a bad game its just that its a bit too sophisticated for todays runngun audience. When todays titles emphasize flashy effects and break neck game play its difficult to find an audience that will bite at a title that relies on stealth and calculated tactics.

This guy seems to have a very tenuous grasp on the current state of gaming. Not to mention the fact that he calls the engine dated and the textures washed out. Maybe he should update his TNT2.

News Comments > Lock On: Modern Air Combat Gold

16. Re: No subject Nov 10, 2003, 17:55 Nimh

I think if they made a demo where you had to fly for 10-20 minutes just to attack most people would put the game off as boring.

Yeah, like that lame IL2 demo when it came out. What a worthless demo.

News Comments > Lock On: Modern Air Combat Gold

15. Re: they better have polished it.... Nov 10, 2003, 17:53 Nimh

I agree. It was very poorly presented.

I consider it more of a weapon's system simulator than a flight simulator. You can't even perform half of the beginner flight exersizes in the planes. Try doing a power on or off stall for example. The flight mechanics are scripted and it's not even done well.

I think a lot of IL2 flight sim converts had high hopes for Lock On. I guess we'll have to wait for the new (Yet Another )BoB sim from Maddox Games.

News Comments > Out of the Blue

12. Re: Matrix Nov 5, 2003, 10:56 Nimh

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/TheMatrixRevolutions-1127201/

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits

3. Re: Mozilla Oct 11, 2003, 17:40 Nimh

Use Firebird.

News Comments > New Tiger Woods Demo

5. Re: Golf?!?! Oct 9, 2003, 23:39 Nimh

Pffft... next thing we'll see are card games on the PC. Talk about the ultimate sedentary game.

Troll feeder.

News Comments > New Tiger Woods Demo

1. Golf?!?! Oct 9, 2003, 21:54 Nimh

I never understood why golf was made into a PC game. Maybe it's for the agrophobic. Who said PC games don't cater to the disabled?

News Comments > New ATI CATALYST Drivers

7. Re: IL2: Forgotten Battles Oct 8, 2003, 18:59 Nimh

Did you notice this yourself?

Yes. I ran home from work and tried them out. Perfect settings FPS went from 40-ish with 3.7 down to 10-ish with 3.8. Not to mention Excellent mode.

News Comments > New ATI CATALYST Drivers

2. IL2: Forgotten Battles Oct 8, 2003, 18:34 Nimh

Warning... 3.8 drivers break IL2 Forgotten Battles. Perfect mode becomes unplayable due to low fps and Excellent settings feature create flashing ground textures.

News Comments > Battle of Britain Declared (Again)

6. Africa? Oct 6, 2003, 16:09 Nimh

One thing that made IL2 so unique was it's unexplored theater or war. I was personally looking forward to Africa or maybe the Mediterranean.

Yet another BoB really seems ho hum to me, but I guess it all comes down to paying the bills. Good luck to them.

News Comments > Morning Q&As

9. Re: No subject Oct 2, 2003, 10:56 Nimh

Excellent! I think I was looking for a command, not point and click. Thanks for the help.

751 Comments. 38 pages. Viewing page 26.
< Newer [ 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ] Older >