Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter
User information for fh

Real Name fh   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Nimh
Email Concealed by request
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Jan 17, 2001, 00:28
Total Comments 751 (Graduate)
User ID 8716

User comment history
< Newer [ 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ] Older >

News Comments > Ghost Recon 2 Announced

7. Re: So... Apr 8, 2004, 14:07 Nimh

It's a Ubi game so maybe they'll use the Far Cry engine? I'm sure they could work a better deal for the FC license than the UT license.

Everyone has a heart, and its calling for something. And were all so sick and tired of seeing things as they are. ~Nick Cave
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Game Reviews

15. Re: Farcry Mar 29, 2004, 18:37 Nimh

I think that stuff is sound related also. Maybe you guys can switch off the Audigy and test using the on-board AC97, but that's a horrible solution.

You may consider testing with alternative KX audio drivers for your Audigys.

KX drivers are here... http://kxproject.lugosoft.com/down.php?language=en

This comment was edited on Mar 29, 18:38.

Everyone has a heart, and its calling for something. And were all so sick and tired of seeing things as they are. ~Nick Cave

11. Re: Farcry Mar 29, 2004, 16:33 Nimh

I think it might be sound-related, but I have no idea...I have an Audigy2 and a Radeon 9800.

Have you turned off hardware sound?

7. Re: Farcry Mar 29, 2004, 14:18 Nimh

I have the same system ZigZang, except with a 9800 Pro.

I use Fraps to check frame rates, but you can also use the console and type: \r_displayinfo 1 (use 0 to turn it off).

I have textures on Medium, everything else on Very High except water... which is Ultra high. I'm playing at 1024x768 with 2xAA and 2xAF. My system averages 40-50 FPS with the very rare dip to 30 FPS. Very playable for a tactical shooter.

Check here for other tips: http://personal.inet.fi/atk/kjh2348fs/fc_demo_info.html

2. Re: Farcry Mar 29, 2004, 10:51 Nimh

The ai is FarCry's claim to fame in my opinion. What difficulty level are you playing at? The difficulty effects the ai response rate and overall ability, not just health pickups like in most games.

The hardest level is the way to go if you want to get the most out of the game.

3. Re: Ace expansion pack Mar 15, 2004, 12:21 Nimh

It was released in the US on March 3rd. Europe gets it in another week or so, not sure.

It doesn't seem as widely distributed as FB was so you may need to call ahead, or order online.

BTW... This is the best FB patch (expansion) ever!

News Comments > New ForceWare Drivers

3. Re: hmmm Mar 15, 2004, 12:14 Nimh

F1 Challenge 99-02 can increase as much as 120 percent

I'm always amazed at the Nv performance increases in new drivers. It's a shame they got it so wrong in the older drivers. But hey... at least they fixed it.

News Comments > HomePlanet Add-on Status

2. Re: A Pity Mar 11, 2004, 11:00 Nimh

The Russian developer actually made a post saying they'd offer ISO's to interested parties in the US. It was on their forum a while ago, I'm not sure if the offer still stands.

News Comments > Anno 1503 MP Axed

4. Re: Surprise Surprise Mar 8, 2004, 16:31 Nimh

It would be nice to have an unofficial MP patch for LAN play .

News Comments > Euro Thief III DVD Only?

37. Re: Ray is bang on... Mar 7, 2004, 09:35 Nimh

DVD is dead, it can't hold HD content. No point in having a DVD drive in a PC, simply a waste of money considering that the end is in sight.

They should put all their games on SACD.

News Comments > Star Wars KOTOR Patch Redux

1. Hmmm Mar 4, 2004, 23:37 Nimh

Maybe this explains why both 1.02 and 1.03 README files were identical.

News Comments > Colin McRae Rally 4 Demo

27. Re: dead horse Feb 24, 2004, 20:33 Nimh

There is a good example of European logic, Europeans didn't invent computers, how would one expect you to use one?

Charles Babbage was European.

News Comments > Out of the Blue

11. Re: No subject Feb 20, 2004, 11:13 Nimh

Good job on the plugin DooM! It's nice to see some main stream sites giving props to FireFox.

News Comments > IL-2 Expansion Plans

9. Re: Expansion Pack For An Expansion Pack Jan 31, 2004, 17:25 Nimh

No, I think after this they're going to concentrate on the Battle of Britain game.
Nice, but I wish they'd done N Africa or Pacific instead.
I mean, they've already got Hurricanes, Stukas, 109s, 110s, He-111s, and Ju-88s in FB. All you need really is Spitfires and some Channel and England maps. I mean, I'm all for it, but it sounds like an expansion itself.

Maddox Games BoB title is all new models with an all new engine. The poly count is through the roof on this one, so that's why we won't see any "imports" from IL2 or FB.

News Comments > Silent Storm Gold

30. Re: No subject Jan 15, 2004, 20:09 Nimh

I'll add another vote for Game of the Year.

Something I'd kinda like to see though would be enemy behavior slightly tweaked depending on player habits. For example I use almost exclusively rifles and I'm damn near unstoppable. It would be cool if the enemy could see my rifle stats and adjust tactics (from mission to mission) to counter my rifle behaivor(long range combat).

I'd simply crap my pants if I started a mission and the enemy advanced toward me by blasting holes in the side of buildings and using it for cover.

News Comments > ANNO 1503 Add-on

1. ???? Jan 14, 2004, 11:53 Nimh

No multiplayer Damn you Sunflowers!!

The good part is that this game will probably be in the bargin bin before I buy it... if it ever get's multiplayer (that works).

News Comments > New UT2K3 Red Orchestra

2. Oooo... Jan 10, 2004, 21:28 Nimh

Someone report on this one please. I really liked 1.0 but didn't care much for the patched version. What say you?

News Comments > H&D2 & More Patches

2. Re: No coop? Jan 9, 2004, 14:32 Nimh

Coop is planned for the add-on game, not a free patch. From everything I've read this was always the plan.

I think SP is pretty good, certainly better than that rail shooter CoD. The only really horrible part is the command mode thingy, that's a train wreck. Thankfully it's not even needed to play or finish the game.

The game lacks a bit of refinement but it can be pretty fun. It's much better than other games on the market right now which makes up for it a little.

News Comments > LO: MAC Patches

16. Re: No subject Jan 8, 2004, 11:05 Nimh

Nobody is allowed to make that statement unless they fly or ,as was pointed out, make fighter jets.

I guess that's what the developer thought also. Physics is physics... if they feel like not modeling it then I can feel like not purchasing it. No problem here, it's just a shame to see a sim with such hype get the short road to the bargin bin.

Other users here at Bluesnews need to keep Professional's comments in mind next time they think a game sucks. Unless you're a 350 lb. robot you have no right judging a game about a 350 lb. robot.

News Comments > LO: MAC Patches

7. Re: No subject Jan 7, 2004, 17:30 Nimh

As for maintaining control at high AOA - that is very hard to do in a real airplane - remember that Mig-29 crash at the Paris airshow about 10 years ago? That was "control" at high AOA...

You have to stall a wing if you're getting your pilot's license. In a controlled fashion it's fine, in an uncontrolled situation it'll probably get you killed. LOMAC airplanes ride on rails, even when exiting certain turns you'll feel the airplane "snap" back into another FM script.

I hope the patch fixes it.

751 Comments. 38 pages. Viewing page 25.
< Newer [ 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ] Older >