Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter
User information for fh

Real Name fh   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Nimh
Email Concealed by request
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Jan 17, 2001, 00:28
Total Comments 751 (Graduate)
User ID 8716

User comment history
< Newer [ 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ] Older >

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Pacific Fighters

4. Re: No subject Oct 21, 2004, 11:14 Nimh

Use perfect mode Apathy Curve. It pretty much solves the high altitude graphic bowl effect. Be aware the engine gets funny over 30,000 feet though, which shouldn't really be an issue on your average mission.

Everyone has a heart, and its calling for something. And were all so sick and tired of seeing things as they are. ~Nick Cave
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > C-S: Source Update

1. Steam = pretty neat so far Oct 13, 2004, 12:20 Nimh

I've only had this Steam program for CS:S and it's pretty nice in my opinion. I was tweaking some scripts last night with a friend and when we went to log back on and it automatically updated the game (9:55 EST-ish). It's amazing to me how they can provide content so quickly and still allow you to play with non-updated clients and servers.

I'm eagerly awaiting HL2, DoD, and the VAC implementation. Keep up the good job Valve!

Everyone has a heart, and its calling for something. And were all so sick and tired of seeing things as they are. ~Nick Cave

News Comments > BF: Vietnam Patch Plans

4. Punkbuster fixed? Oct 6, 2004, 12:34 Nimh

Will this fix Punkbuster pauses/freezes?

http://www.neoseeker.com/Articles/Hardware/Reports/pbfreeze/

News Comments > C-S: Source Next Week

1. TFC Sep 29, 2004, 08:51 Nimh

Has CS replaced TFC?

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Rome: Total War

7. Re: yay Sep 22, 2004, 11:08 Nimh

hyped up games?

It seems gamers are refering to released games as hyped games for some reason. The only game I can think of that met the "hype" comment over the summer was Doom3.

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront Server

3. Re: Battlefront Sep 21, 2004, 09:32 Nimh

So if you're getting this for single player, don't bother. Correct?

I've always related single player BF game play to playing the Sims. It's pointless but you can burn a few hours doing it.

News Comments > Out of the Blue

5. A Truck for Blue! Sep 14, 2004, 09:24 Nimh

http://www.internationaldelivers.com/site_layout/severe/cxt.asp

Check that beast out Blue! I'm personally waiting for someone to slap some 35" spinner rims on one.

News Comments > Gold - Rome: Total War

1. Yes! Sep 13, 2004, 12:48 Nimh

Demo = most sweet!

Looking forward to this. Word on the street is a Sep. 22nd. release. Can't wait.

News Comments > New UT2004 Alien Swarm

12. Re: Blackcat's other UT2004 mods! Sep 10, 2004, 22:27 Nimh

Wow!

http://www.night-blade.com/

News Comments > DOOM 3 Beta Patch - SDK & Demo Soon

18. Re: Oh yeah.....Doom3 Sep 8, 2004, 10:20 Nimh

I personally don't know anyone around my office that still has Doom3 installed. I doubt a patch will make any of us reconsider. Big waste of $60 for budget level gaming in my opinion. It would've been perfect at $19.99.

News Comments > Morning Screenshots

2. Anno 3 Aug 31, 2004, 09:00 Nimh

and a clean multiplayer mode as basic obligations

Sweet news! I wonder how long before that feature gets yanked.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits

1. Firefox/IE Jul 27, 2004, 11:38 Nimh

The Firefox cache exploit also effects IE it seems. Here's a test link. Both browsers get wrongly certified by paypal in this example. http://bugzilla.mozilla.org/attachment.cgi?id=154374&action=view

News Comments > Euro Ships Ahoy - 1503 A.D. Add-on

2. Re: Multi May 26, 2004, 09:45 Nimh

We've been dealing with the multiplayer/no multiplayer rumors, broken code etc. for over 2 years now.

1602 was one of the few games that my girlfriend and I would enjoy together on our LAN. It's a damn shame 1503 never did this.

Any developers reading this... please consider the value of zero sum multiplayer games (not MUDs). They don't exist at the moment. 1602 was bliss because the players were allowed to cooperate on an economic and military level, regardless of faction. 1602 was ahead of it's time.

News Comments > IL-2 Forgotten Battles Ace Expansion Patch

15. Re: No subject May 20, 2004, 11:15 Nimh

Take special note that Luthier is the developer lead of the Pacific Fighters Sequel.

Keep up the good work Luthier, we're looking forward to it.

12. Re: No subject May 19, 2004, 23:49 Nimh

Coop is great. Basically any plane that can be flown (both sides) is displayed on the start screen. You pick your plane and the others are flown by ai. I like it much more than dog fight servers because it has purpose, a mission.

With the Ace Expansion Patch we now also have an online coop campaign generator. No more digging up mission files and so forth, just generate one and go.

One can also play several online virtual wars, VEF and VOW as an example. Those are also coops with many players on both sides flying the mission.

6. Re: IL-2 May 19, 2004, 16:36 Nimh

Is the first one (not forgotten battles, just IL-2) in the bargain bin yet? I like a good flying game here and there and this one looked like it had some nice graphics behind it too. Now with the added content its even more tempting to pick up...

The added content only works with Forgotten Battles + the Ace Expansion Pack. The original IL2 is no longer updated and includes none of the good stuff, but it's still an awesome sim. in it's own way.

2. Re: No subject May 19, 2004, 13:10 Nimh

Yeah sure... only a ton of new airplanes!

1. New flyable: I-185 M-71.
2. New flyable: I-185 M-82A.
3. New flyable: Yak-3P.
4. New flyable: Yak-9B.
5. New flyable: Yak-7A.
6. New flyable: Yak-9M.
7. New flyable: Yak-9UT.
8. New flyable: LaGG-3 (series 29).
9. New flyable: LaGG-3 (series 35).
10. New flyable: Spitfire Mk. IXc.
11. New flyable: Spitfire Mk. IXc (CW).
12. New flyable: Spitfire Mk. IXe.
13. New flyable: Spitfire Mk. IXe (CW).
14. New flyable: Spitfire Mk. IXe (HF).
15. New flyable: Fokke-Wulf FW 190 A-6.

News Comments > GTR Demo

8. Re: Schweeet...? May 4, 2004, 13:37 Nimh

Is it a good as everyone's been saying it was going to be for the last couple months?

Yes. This is amazingly good. The press demo is a little rough around the edges (TrackIR has tracking issues, etc.) but it doesn't matter. The simulator shines through in a major way.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits

4. Re: Thunderbird is Crapware May 4, 2004, 12:22 Nimh

I've been using for about a year with no issues either. It's nice to have options again.

News Comments > GTR Demo

5. Re: No subject May 4, 2004, 12:19 Nimh

I spent most of last evening playing this. Very awesome simulator. My best hot lap time is 2:24 in the GT. The target seems to be 2:15-ish (near real times for Spa).

Also check out the MOTEC program after you've finished a few laps.

751 Comments. 38 pages. Viewing page 24.
< Newer [ 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ] Older >