Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter
User information for fh

Real Name fh   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Nimh
Email Concealed by request
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Jan 17, 2001, 00:28
Total Comments 759 (Graduate)
User ID 8716

User comment history
< Newer [ 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ] Older >

News Comments > Steamship Ahoy - Professional Lumberjack 2015

5. Re: Steamship Ahoy - Professional Lumberjack 2015 Mar 6, 2015, 14:17 Nimh

LittleMe wrote on Mar 6, 2015, 11:07:
InBlack wrote on Mar 6, 2015, 10:03:
Im a Lumberjack and thats OK, I sleep all night and I work all day....

Bars, high heels and bra DLC to be announced.

Lumbersexial Season Pass

Everyone has a heart, and its calling for something. And were all so sick and tired of seeing things as they are. ~Nick Cave
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Battlefield Hardline Premium Announced

15. Re: Battlefield Hardline Premium Announced Mar 2, 2015, 12:20 Nimh

Xero wrote on Mar 2, 2015, 11:21:
BF3 Premium pissed me off. BF4 and all it's DLCs and Premium crap pissed me off worse. I'm done with all future BF games officially.

Yeah, BF3 was the last one for me. Fond memories of BF2142 and BC2 however, there will always be those.

Everyone has a heart, and its calling for something. And were all so sick and tired of seeing things as they are. ~Nick Cave

News Comments > Diablo III Cheaters Banned

8. Re: Diablo III Cheaters Banned Feb 10, 2015, 12:04 Nimh

Tim Collins wrote on Feb 10, 2015, 11:13:
Word from the wise....unless your coke'd up or on Adderal don't bother seriously competing in video games.

Only play video games to have fun...word from the wise.

Word to the wise..

News Comments > Morning Screenshots

4. Re: Morning Screenshots Jul 18, 2014, 11:59 Nimh

There is no story at this point.. just a free ship and some methods to make money. I think that is probably the extent of the full game as well, just in a much larger universe and with more features. A lot of little things are not in the game at this point (communication, fuel usage, etc.).  

News Comments > DICE Opens BF Hardline Preorders; Promises Continued BF4 Support

4. Re: DICE Opens BF Hardline Preorders; Promises Continued BF4 Support May 29, 2014, 09:13 Nimh

Lose market share -> fast track new releases, increase bugs, add price premiums -> Lose market share.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue

29. Re: Out of the Blue May 27, 2014, 15:47 Nimh

Ceribaen wrote on May 27, 2014, 15:07:
nimski wrote on May 27, 2014, 12:38:
I wonder why they choose Mexican versions for importation. Canada is a lot closer (to the NE) and all the soft drinks and candy bars are made with sugar.

Canadian pop uses HFCS as well, it's just labelled different. Glucose-Fructose is HFCS in Canada. For it to be sugar it is Sucrose in ingredient labels.

Sources:
Eat Right Ontario
Canadian Sugar Institute

That's interesting.. I'll have to check some of the packaging. I moved up here from NY and found the soda to taste much better for some reason. I've only had 1-2 cans, but had just assumed it was made with sugar. It doesn't have the chemical aftertaste like US soda does.

News Comments > IL-2 Sturmovik: Battle of Stalingrad in September; Beta Nears

7. Re: IL-2 Sturmovik: Battle of Stalingrad in September; Beta Nears May 27, 2014, 12:45 Nimh

descender wrote on May 27, 2014, 11:15:
I'd be more excited if IL2: Cliffs of Dover wasn't such a butcher job. I doubt this will be good enough to detract my attention from War Thunder. How many different games can recreate the same historical air battles? Snore

Cliffs of Dover is an entirely new game experience with the Team Fusion 4.312 patches. It's worth checking out if you were a fan of the original IL2 games.

News Comments > Out of the Blue

15. Re: Out of the Blue May 27, 2014, 12:38 Nimh

I wonder why they choose Mexican versions for importation. Canada is a lot closer (to the NE) and all the soft drinks and candy bars are made with sugar.  

News Comments > Star Citizen Status Report

18. Re: Star Citizen Status Report May 2, 2014, 22:48 Nimh

{PH}88fingers wrote on May 2, 2014, 20:52:
it's not stop and play FPS for a while.

It's when you are boarding a ship to capture it, you and your friends will board the ship and have to kill the current owners of the ship and then take control of it. Killing them in FPS, inside the corridors of the ship etc.

Also, lets say you find an abandoned space station or whatever, you land your ship on it, get out walk around to explore, and another person has also landed on the other side and all of a sudden a FPS firefight breaks out as you run into each other both exploring the same station or planet etc. (or groups of players exploring together)

Ok.. that's cool and all, but what game are your friends playing when you decide to board the ship? They will be flying their own ships most likely. So everyone will need to stop and come do the boarding mini-game. I'm just trying to think of how this plays out in reality.

10. Re: Star Citizen Status Report May 2, 2014, 20:12 Nimh

I understand that you can run around in 3rd person mode now.. but if people are flying and trading... how do they expect to get people to stop and play an FPS for a while? Is there an announcement or something? Maybe you just fight ai and can go into FPS mode when you want.  

6. Re: Star Citizen Status Report May 2, 2014, 19:38 Nimh

So how is the fps supposed to work? Do you launch a different .exe if Monday nights are FPS night or something? Or are you supposed to fly somewhere and then meet with a bunch of other people that have flown there and then death match?  

News Comments > Free Natural Selection 2 Map

4. Re: Free Natural Selection 2 Map May 2, 2014, 13:28 Nimh

TychoCelchuuu wrote on May 2, 2014, 11:20:
Of all the servers that run NS2Stats, the win rate is 54% aliens 46% Marines, which isn't so bad.

Thanks, I'll give it a try again.. I stopped playing after a couple consecutive maps of 1-2 guys with jetpack/shotgun combos just wrecking the entire server. Glad it's been balanced out.

News Comments > Free Natural Selection 2 Map

1. Re: Free Natural Selection 2 Map May 2, 2014, 10:27 Nimh

They've made some impressive improvements to the game engine but does anyone know if they've addressed the balance problems?  

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - FTL: Faster Than Light Advanced Edition

21. Re: Ships Ahoy - FTL: Faster Than Light Advanced Edition Apr 4, 2014, 08:10 Nimh

Bradley wrote on Apr 3, 2014, 19:08:
I still don't understand the mass appeal of this game. I just fired it up after work to see what was updated. I'm doing great for a while, then get completely obliterated after one bad roll of the random number generator. Maybe I just really suck at it, but I prefer to have more control.

I agree with the reference to Rogue. And I have also never found games in that style to be enjoyable. I think the gamer should be given the rules and be allowed to figure it out within context. Simply hiding the rules and making game progression a trial and error process can be extremely frustrating.

News Comments > Thief Save Game Issue (Joke?)

11. Re: Thief Save Game Issue (Joke?) Apr 2, 2014, 14:29 Nimh

Verno wrote on Apr 2, 2014, 09:40:
I had no problems loading up my save yesterday but did see a bunch of people on the forums who did. Game itself is ok but the missed opportunities are glaring and frustrating, could have been so much better with a few changes. The disjointed story is especially telling, the game feels like it went through 3 different teams.

They said it was time-stamp issue effecting games that were saved on the March 30 (and March 31?). If your save was before then you would not be effected.

Anyway.. I could load the game fine, I just could not leave the map. It would just reload the same area no matter how many exits I tried.

News Comments > Watch Dogs Trailer

16. Re: Watch Dogs Trailer Apr 2, 2014, 14:22 Nimh

eRe4s3r wrote on Apr 2, 2014, 09:31:
Wind simulation... that's... a first in gaming.. looks pretty neat. Let's hope it's a good game.

Flight simulators have a certain amount of wind modeled on occasion. It's usually a fairly simple and uniform effect, at least from what I've seen.

News Comments > Roberts: We Won't Sell Star Citizen

47. Re: Roberts: We Won't Sell Star Citizen Apr 1, 2014, 18:14 Nimh

There's zero risk in the 'we won't sell..' statement, in fact you have everything to gain! You cash in on some trending anti-facebook PR, reassure your marks that everything is fine, and go to sleep at night knowing that no one would be interested in buying your house of cards.  

News Comments > Gold - ANNO 1701

4. Re: Multiplayer!!! Oct 7, 2006, 11:55 Nimh

1602 had it, it was maybe LAN only. My girlfriend and I played it on our LAN and it was pretty fun, she had the cash, I had the ships... worked out nicely as long as I got my protection fees.

This comment was edited on Oct 7, 11:55.

News Comments > Gold - ANNO 1701

2. Multiplayer!!! Oct 7, 2006, 00:33 Nimh

The information page says "up to four players"!!!! Weeeeeeee

This game hasn't had working multi since 98-99, whenever the first one hit, I believe.

News Comments > SiN Episodes: Emergence Patch

4. Re: Steam=No Problems Jul 18, 2006, 22:41 Nimh

Yeah, Steam is fine here also. Wish I could say the same for SiN: Emergence.

759 Comments. 38 pages. Viewing page 22.
< Newer [ 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ] Older >