Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

User information for fh

Real Name fh   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Nimh
Email Concealed by request
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Jan 17, 2001, 00:28
Total Comments 738 (Apprentice)
User ID 8716

User comment history
< Newer [ 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ] Older >

News Comments > Pacific Fighters Plans
2. Re: Oleg is my hero Jan 30, 2006, 23:42 Nimh

No new Russian planes for US customers though.

Everyone has a heart, and its calling for something. And were all so sick and tired of seeing things as they are. ~Nick Cave
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > BF2: Special Forces Downloads - New EA Service
6. bright side Nov 10, 2005, 23:34 Nimh

Look at the bright side... This will make Steam look like a well coded, resource light, super app. by comparison.

Everyone has a heart, and its calling for something. And were all so sick and tired of seeing things as they are. ~Nick Cave

News Comments > F.E.A.R. Director's Edition
5. Re: Directors Edition Aug 15, 2005, 23:34 Nimh

Oh, lighten up. Some of us dig extras.

No sh!t... I want extra bugs if I'm paying a premium price! Don't give me some half-buggy, half-hearted, it'll-probably-work title. I want the entire AAA software experience dammit!

News Comments > Romero Departs Midway
13. Re: No subject Jul 13, 2005, 12:02 Nimh

How is this news? It's like saying a cook at a local Denny's is no longer with them.

Hey guys, I can definitely confirm that I have left Denny's.

Denny's says that development of the Egg Bacon Broiler hasn't been impacted by my departure and is scheduled to hit menu's this fall. I can't say anything more about the situation and hope you all understand. (smile)

Honestly...

News Comments > BF2 Patch Issues
4. Client stutters Jul 7, 2005, 11:11 Nimh

I think the problems go a bit further than server issues and patch install problems. I updated last night and now have constant stuttering upon map load.

The funny thing about is that BF2 was smooth as silk where as BF1942 and BFV always had issues with stuttery movement. I guess the patch is doing it's best to insure proper Battlefield gameplay.

News Comments > Battlefield 2 Server Released, Patches Today
35. Re: Bah Jul 6, 2005, 14:01 Nimh

You haven't played against a good Commander. Those arty strikes are murder sometimes. The really cagey ones start calling arty as soon as one of their flags go gray

Thankfully you can almost always hear the artillery being fired. If you're capping you can bet they're coming for you. Once the flag goes gray move out of the zone until the artillery has finished. Then move back in and finish the cap. Pretty simple.

30. Re: Bah Jul 6, 2005, 13:48 Nimh

Thats total bullshit. Blowing up artillery and other structures are very important to the strategy of winning the game. There should be points for that!

Half the damn players already play as Spec ops... and they need more points? If anything they need nerfed. Max them out with one or two C4 packs would be a good solution.

23. Re: Bah Jul 6, 2005, 13:29 Nimh

Spec Ops currently *don't* get points for blowing up enemy equipment, which is the point of the post. They should get points for it, but they don't. Seems worth including in a patch.

The game is about capturing and holding flags. The Commander and his tools should simply be seen as another player in the game, usually one with a worse score than everyone else by the way. If the Commander role was stronger then I'd agree with you.

Special Ops. don't need any further points beyond what they get currently.

News Comments > Source Updates - New Maps
4. Re: new update May 13, 2005, 13:00 Nimh

I agree Zigzang. I also think CS has some sort of crack rock in the net code. I think we've all had the "god like" and the can't hit sh!t nights. Something in the net code gives you just enough satisifaction to keep you coming back for more. I also think this leads to the "OMFG H4x0rz!" attitude prevelant in most CS players.

News Comments > Gold - Pacific Fighters: Bonzai!
1. Blah... May 10, 2005, 14:18 Nimh

These are just mission files from an independant company, not a game update or "expansion".

News Comments > Vietcong 2 Announced
9. Re: Nice Apr 29, 2005, 17:14 Nimh

Vietcong was a great game. It captured something really unique with regard to taking cover when under fire. Somehow it worked... and it worked great. An enemy under fire couldn't be killed unless flanked, and the exact same happened with regard to you and your team.

News Comments > Silent Hunter III Patch
6. Re: thats right Apr 6, 2005, 10:20 Nimh

nin, The realism scaling is pretty good. If you take the time to get an "excellant" rating on all the Academy/training missions you'll be ready for anything. Just keep your keycard ready and press "M" to see radio messages. You'll figure out the rest pretty quickly w/o the manual.

I've been doing it 100% (my Weapon's Officer calculates torpedo solutions). The 1.2 patch removes the WO at 100% so I'll most likely turn down the realism to keep the WO. I didn't know it was "realistic" to not have a Weapon's Officer on your boat?!?!

Be aware that they recommend that you dock your boat before applying the patch.

News Comments > Star Wars Republic Commando Demo
14. Re: Not bad Feb 1, 2005, 14:55 Nimh

I enjoyed it also, even though it's not my type of game typically. It's very story driven, like the Medal of Honor series. It guides you through on rails like MoH.

It has a ton of cool little details. For example you can hit a dudes jet pack and he'll launch into the ceiling. Especially cool because sometimes his pack will actually get stuck in the ceiling. Enemy helmets fly off, the bodies flop around (some have physics, others seem not to?!?!). The HUD is pretty neat as is the squad medic behavior.

I had to turn off the in-game music so I could concentrate on all the squad and radio banter. After I did that the game was much better.

If you liked the MoH series I think you'll enjoy this.

This comment was edited on Feb 1, 15:04.

News Comments > IL-2 Sturmovik Expands Again
1. Please stop! Dec 23, 2004, 10:13 Nimh

Blue... please stop posting these fan made mission packs, they are not from the developer, only some kid with a mission generator trying to make some cash. If you commit to adding this drivel to Bluesnews you'll be posting a story a day about it. Not to mention the throngs of FS2004 addons and missions.

News Comments > IL-2 Sturmovik Expands
11. Re: No subject Dec 23, 2004, 08:37 Nimh

What the hell is wrong with that? They exist for the MS Flight Sim series...and some people don't want to spend the time to make their own missions using the builder.

The problem is that if Blue posted every fan made mission pack for flight sims 90% of the news stories here would be non-historic, non-realistic, poorly made, flight sim missions.

You have to admit they're a dime a dozen. This press release fooled Blue, and myself intitally, into thinking it was actually a game update. It's not, it's just fan missions calling themselves an "update". Poor form from Matrix (not Maddox) games.

News Comments > IL-2 Sturmovik Expands
9. Re: No subject Dec 22, 2004, 19:58 Nimh

Blue... this isn't an explansion or even an update. This is a third party trying to sell missions that anyone can make in the in-game mission builder. This shouldn't be listed on this site.

News Comments > Counter-Strike: Source Update
1. Prodigy!!! Dec 16, 2004, 23:49 Nimh

Woohoo! Great map. I'm looking forward to the rest of the oldies. Militia, Assault, etc.

News Comments > Pacific Fighters/Forgotten Battles Patches
3. Re: ver 3.02 Dec 7, 2004, 16:04 Nimh

The retail release of Pacific Fighters should've been at the quality of the 3.02 patch. The difference in quality is astounding.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
15. Toys Nov 28, 2004, 13:07 Nimh

I think the toy situation is actually pretty simple. Children's "play" has always mimicked adult life, it's how the young mind learns the adult world.

Children 5000 years ago played with sticks and spears in mock fighting and hunting. Children 75 years ago played with model trains and cars, all part of modern life at that point. It's not a surprise that children of today will play with our technology, it's how they learn to cope with future life.

That's not to say that legacy play will cease to exist immediately. I'm sure fantasy play such as Cowboys and Indians and sword fighting will remain in some percentage, just probably much less than 50 years ago. I'd say it'll be all but gone in another 50 years though. I'm kinda surprised than toy manufactures like Lionel don't acknowledge this more.

News Comments > JFK Reloaded
7. Re: Before you knee-jerk... Nov 22, 2004, 09:03 Nimh

Still pretty tasteless...

738 Comments. 37 pages. Viewing page 22.
< Newer [ 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo