Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter
User information for fh

Real Name fh   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Nimh
Email Concealed by request
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On January 17, 2001
Founding Supporter Silver, since February 25, 2020
Total Comments 835 (Graduate)
User ID 8716

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue

4. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 31, 2020, 12:10  Nimh 

I always used the affiliate links as well.. maybe too many repeat purchases? Seems really odd.

Agreed on the Patreon.. I'd do that.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Metro Exodus Sam's Story Next Month

2. Re: Metro Exodus Sam's Story Next Month Jan 28, 2020, 07:31  Nimh 

Is the main game on Steam Feb. 15th?  

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance

2. Re: Evening Safety Dance Jan 25, 2020, 07:10  Nimh 

I had never heard the goals of the trolling stated so succinctly. I think most of us have felt this “disgust toward the other side” at one time or another over the last few years.  

2. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 24, 2020, 11:49  Nimh 

Eli Manning, Superbowl XLII! That's Hall of Fame worthy in and of itself.  

News Comments > Into the Black

5. Re: Into the Black Jan 24, 2020, 05:50  Nimh 

jdreyer wrote on Jan 24, 2020, 00:11:
Used to watch Jim every night with my dad in HS and college. He did excellent work, and was completely trusted. RIP.

Same here. NPR and PBS have both gone South since those days.

News Comments > Tencent Makes Funcom Bid; Dune Scope May Expand

34. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 23, 2020, 06:42  Nimh 

RedEye9 wrote on Jan 22, 2020, 18:10:
That was 4 years ago, 4 years from now you’ll be taking continuing education classes to buff up on your Mandarin, if you’re smart.

Authoritarian regimes always find their lick-spittles.

6. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 22, 2020, 11:24  Nimh 

-10F here the last few days. The secret is merino wool long johns. Wear them under pants, or wear them to bed. Sweet sweet breathable warmth.

My wife is more into the heated mattress pad, but it gets a bit too hot for me. It's nice for pre-heating the bed however.

News Comments > Tencent Makes Funcom Bid; Dune Scope May Expand

4. Re: Tencent Makes Funcom Bid; Dune Scope May Expand Jan 22, 2020, 11:14  Nimh 

In before you-know-who comes into the thread falling over himself praising all things Tencent.  

News Comments > DOOM Eternal Previews

20. Re: DOOM Eternal Previews Jan 21, 2020, 14:44  Nimh 

Quinn wrote on Jan 21, 2020, 13:10:
Eurogamer confirmed what I was afraid of: the platforming sucks assholes.

Yeah, that is awful. Level designer must've been playing Tomb Raider when that was added.

9. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 16, 2020, 12:22  Nimh 

Killes wrote on Jan 16, 2020, 11:36:

I would go with ebay.com, search for LTSC 2019 and choose a vendor with good reviews and a decent price, I see one example a 100% feedback selling licenses for around 7USD, what's to loose ?

In all seriousness that's the point, Microsoft do not make it easy.

I dunno, buy a rando win10 pro license, bin it. You can now consider that payment for your conscience and get on board 'n shout yarrr matey!
Seriously, f*** 'em.

LTSC is the best option. Too bad they're so hard to come by, or by sailing the high seas.

News Comments > Evening Multiplex

4. Re: Evening Multiplex Jan 15, 2020, 06:55  Nimh 

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Jan 14, 2020, 21:46:
This game looks great... please don't turn out to be terrible!

Yeah, same here. Bethesda has had a rough year with it's IP. Cautiously optimistic.

Flo wrote on Jan 15, 2020, 03:38:
Fuck yea! I never really re-play a single player game. I played through Doom 2016 3 times on PC, one time on xbox and one time on switch...

The soundtrack alone is reason to replay!

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs

11. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 14, 2020, 10:47  Nimh 

Blue wrote on Jan 14, 2020, 10:38:

I do not think there is any reason to think this is anything but a coincidence. There are a lot of trackers on the internet that will try and market to you based on links you click. But suggesting a video based on words in a comment you read makes no sense.

As the old saying goes, correlation does not equal causation.

Indeed it was an odd correlation. I'll leave things as is and see how it goes.

8. Re: Cookie consent tools are undermining GDPR. Jan 14, 2020, 10:28  Nimh 

RedEye9 wrote on Jan 14, 2020, 10:20:
Nimh wrote on Jan 14, 2020, 10:11:
Fair enough.. will add Bluesnews to a container and isolate it. Thanks for the info.
You realize I am some random talking shit on the internet. Do you containerize and isolate the entire internet? Because Bluesnews is no different than https://www.spiegel.de/ , amazon.com or the bing.

Your name is all over this site, so I assume you know more about this than some random poster here. Bluesnews has typically not been as aggressive with advertising as other sites, but things change, no big deal.

And yes, since they've been available I've used containers to limit tracking, among other things. I did recently do a fresh browser install, so I'll double check settings as well. Maybe this sort of stuff is common, words in comments leading to Youtube recommendations, but it's the first time I've seen it personally.

6. Re: Cookie consent tools are undermining GDPR. Jan 14, 2020, 10:11  Nimh 

Fair enough.. will add Bluesnews to a container and isolate it. Thanks for the info.  

2. Re: Cookie consent tools are undermining GDPR. Jan 14, 2020, 07:41  Nimh 

jacobvandy wrote on Jan 13, 2020, 22:04:
Of course they are. Even the cookie pop-up on this site opts you in to tracking by default.

Speaking of which.. last week someone here mentioned something about a Commodore 64 in a comment. My proceeding visit to Youtube had a next up video on the Commodore 64. Seems like they're scraping comments now, or at least it's the first time I've run into it here.

Anyone else notice this?

News Comments > Sunday Mobilization

7. Re: Sunday Mobilization Jan 13, 2020, 08:20  Nimh 

Wow, just looked it up, good on Samsung! Apparently this was a recent change as they originally had planned for 3 years for the S7. (Is this limited to their flagship models only?)  

News Comments > Sunday Mobilization

5. Re: Sunday Mobilization Jan 13, 2020, 07:12  Nimh 

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Jan 13, 2020, 02:47:
You guys are rightfully dunking on Samsung, but reading the specs for this phone, this might end up being a replacement for my current 7+ year old smartphone in a year or so.

Especially after it's been out for 6 months to a year and gets a price drop.

Yeah, kinda weird that prices plummet when the device is no longer supported with security updates. Great time to buy.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse

27. Re: Morning Metaverse Jan 10, 2020, 08:00  Nimh 

NKD wrote on Jan 9, 2020, 11:24:
I'd like to thank whatever adult was in the room and managed to convince Trump to de-escalate something for the first time in his life instead of doubling and tripling and quadrupling down. I'm sure it was a Herculean effort.

Isn't that his shtick though? Goes from "little rocket man.." to a presidential visit to North Korea. Shock and awe, reality tv style.

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance

2. Re: Evening Safety Dance Jan 10, 2020, 07:11  Nimh 

RedEye9 wrote on Jan 9, 2020, 20:13:
Krugman should stay off Twitter and deal with someone he trusts who understands tech.

If you are in the process of being scammed, it's worth while documenting it digitally, physically, or publicly. Anything that puts a time stamp on it.

If anything, as with most aging people, education on current scams is what's lacking and should be addressed. Add it to the list of all that's wrong in the world.

News Comments > Tencent Invests in Platinum

9. Re: Tencent Invests in Platinum Jan 7, 2020, 20:31  Nimh 

jdreyer wrote on Jan 7, 2020, 19:39:
Nimh wrote on Jan 7, 2020, 14:47:
El Pit wrote on Jan 7, 2020, 13:30:
Darks wrote on Jan 7, 2020, 11:17:
Anytime Tencent is involved in any investment, means you just sold your soul.

It is much wiser to sell your soul to US investment groups and hedge funds!

If you sell out, you sell out.

Yeah, imperfect Democracy vs Authoritarian dictatorship. All the same, sure.
Corporate Oligarcy vs Authoritarian system. The US isn't really a democracy any longer.

"The central point that emerges from our research is that economic elites and organized groups representing business interests have substantial independent impacts on US government policy, while mass-based interest groups and average citizens have little or no independent influence."

I mean, sure, we elect our leaders (although the person with the most votes doesn't necessarily ascend to power), but those leaders don't do the peoples' bidding. They do corporate bidding.

Though it might be just lip service to those at the top, we do still have the rule of law. But as this thread indicates, people really don’t care either way it seems.

This comment was edited on Jan 8, 2020, 07:22.

835 Comments. 42 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >