Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

User information for fh

Real Name fh   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Nimh
Email Concealed by request
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Jan 17, 2001, 00:28
Total Comments 713 (Apprentice)
User ID 8716

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Free SIGIL Released for DOOM
3. Re: Free SIGIL Released for DOOM May 31, 2019, 13:06 Nimh

Making annoyingly hard levels (dark, lava covered, doorway chokes) does not a fun game make.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
3. Re: Morning Mobilization May 30, 2019, 13:59 Nimh

Ozmodan wrote on May 30, 2019, 11:30:
I think the title is misleading, should be Apple laughs at Nvidia's pathetic attempt at competition.

It's not really a middle finger to Apple since Apple made the active decision to stop making developer oriented laptops (4th gen MBP). Good for Nvidia, looking forward to how these pan out.

(written on 3rd gen MBP)

News Comments > Iron Maiden Sues Over Ion Maiden Infringement
19. Re: Iron Maiden Sues Over Ion Maiden Infringement May 30, 2019, 12:52 Nimh

panbient wrote on May 30, 2019, 11:17:
So the Ion protagonist is apparently named Shelly Harris...

Of all the names they could have used. S Harris.

For those who don't know (or still think the band isn't still relevant) Steve Harris has been the main guy in Maiden since the get go.

Yeah.. Iron Maiden has won infringement suits on less in the past.

2. Re: iPod Touch May 28, 2019, 13:40 Nimh

My 85 year old father has an Ipod Touch he uses daily (notes, apple tv remote, hearing aid control, streaming MLB). It's an iphone without the phone pretty much, he loves it.

News Comments > Borderlands 3 Pulled from Epic Mega Sale
30. Re: Borderlands 3 Pulled from Epic Mega Sale May 19, 2019, 15:59 Nimh

Being critical of EGS has literally nothing to do with Steam. Valve has plenty of problems and has gotten away with a lot (first loot box developer, and by far it's largest purveyor). To give EGS's anti-consumer tactics a pass, just because Steam exists is non-nonsensical. I guess when you treat your politics like a sports team this is what happens. Ya'll need to get your heads screwed on straight.  

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
27. Re: Gatherings & Competitions May 16, 2019, 17:29 Nimh

Creston wrote on May 16, 2019, 10:40:
Darks wrote on May 16, 2019, 00:37:
Creston wrote on May 15, 2019, 23:31:
It's hard to argue with publishers shunning Steam when it leads to crazy numbers like this.

They sold ten times as many copies of Division 2 on Uplay as they did Division 1. That's a lot of money left in their own pocket, and the PC was the only platform in the past year that (substantially) increased its share for Ubisoft.

God, who knows, maybe someday we'll get genuine PC versions again, instead of console po... hahahahahaha I can't even finish that sentence.

I think you missed the point that most of the sales originally came from Steam with D1. When they shunned Steam and went Exclusive to Epic and their own portal. Then its not hard to see the increased sales. Most shied away from Epic in favor of UBIs portal.

No, I didn't miss the point, that is LITERALLY the point. They sold TEN TIMES more on their own store when they shunned Steam. So that's ten times 30% money they keep in their own pocket.

Why wouldn't they do this?

Just because they sold 10x more on Uplay says nothing of the impact of the game not being offered on Steam. Being on Steam gives them volume that D2 has still yet to see for what it’s worth.

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
8. Re: Gatherings & Competitions May 15, 2019, 13:00 Nimh

Started the account deletion process over the weekend for EGS. Finished today. What a shit show.  

News Comments > BioWare "100% committed to Anthem"
2. Re: BioWare May 3, 2019, 10:17 Nimh

Turns out it's a lot cheaper to hype "commitment" and "new content" than it is to actually make it. Who knew.  

3. Re: Morning Mobilization Apr 26, 2019, 13:08 Nimh

ForgedReality wrote on Apr 26, 2019, 11:28:
How flexible of them.

Maybe they'll fold under pressure.

Why are you hell bent on making bad puns?

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
3. Re: Morning Safety Dance Apr 25, 2019, 12:28 Nimh

First 2020 candidate to enlist China in the election will win by a landslide. In both manpower and spending they would bury Russia.  

1. Re: Morning Mobilization Apr 24, 2019, 10:21 Nimh

How on Earth did the Fold Galaxy get to manufacturing without seeing that? What are you doing Samsung?  

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
2. Re: Morning Safety Dance Apr 19, 2019, 11:48 Nimh

The next 18 months are going to be interesting on the cyber security front.. I think we’re just seeing the tip of that iceberg now.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
10. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 17, 2019, 12:30 Nimh

Blue, If it's a muscular issue I'd suggest seeing an osteopath. New York state has this controlling org., http://www.nysoms.org/.

A medical doctor is not going to help much, outside of subscribing pain medications and maybe some stretches/exercises. They may be able to refer you to a physical therapist or osteopath however, which would help you more directly.

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
10. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Apr 15, 2019, 07:25 Nimh

Burrito of Peace wrote on Apr 15, 2019, 06:00:
ForgedReality wrote on Apr 15, 2019, 01:23:
Burrito of Peace wrote on Apr 13, 2019, 19:43:
I plan on sticking with 1080p for as long as possible. I find the font size on 2K, and especially 4K, to be retinally tearing small.

That's only because your display is way too small.

Nope. Tried it on a 55" 4K TV with the HTPC attached to it and still found it difficult to clearly see file names from about 6' feet away. That's a no go.

Whoosh

1. Re: Morning Mobilization Apr 9, 2019, 13:34 Nimh

The optimize wi-fi article is an ad for an item in the boing boing store.  

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
11. Re: Sunday Tech Bits Apr 8, 2019, 09:01 Nimh

Mr. Tact wrote on Apr 7, 2019, 17:54:
*blort* Okay, bad post by me, I did a terrible job of accurately getting my thoughts across.

The reason I mentioned LTSC/LTSB was because that's the kind of thing I was thinking/talking about. Security updates without feature updates. As I thought, no third party software was going to accomplish that. So, I was right about that.

As far as "good things" I read about O&O's software, that was in reference to shutting down some of the "spying". But apparently whatever it was I read didn't give the complete story. So, I was wrong about that.

I am on an older LTSB branch, using O&O for the last year with no problems. Obviously I'm not using the Window's app store, or services. If you're heavily tied into Microsofts ecosystem of services, like RedEye9 may be, then it isn't for you.

1. Re: Morning Mobilization Apr 7, 2019, 01:11 Nimh

5G providers reportedly working on mobile platforms that resemble old men shitting on sidewalks. Research showed that having one on every corner would be indistinguishable from San Francisco’s current aesthetic.  

17. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 4, 2019, 13:34 Nimh

Pigeon wrote on Apr 4, 2019, 10:35:
I'm looking into getting a fitness tracker/watch replacement. The Fitbit Versa and Garmin Vivoactive seem fit the bill for what I'm looking for. However, I'm seeing a trend of comments relating to bricking during updates, and a series of connectivity issues with the fitbit. The Garmin, particularly the color I'm wanting, is north of my upper spending limit ($200). I'm curious as to whether anyone has any experience or insights into these devices. I primarily jog and bike, and don't need anything particularly robust for smart watch features, but would prefer something that looks more like a traditional watch.

I settled on Polar A370, mostly because the app is excellent. I have a coworkers with higher end Polar but it's a bit too bulky for me. My wife has a fitbit that she likes, the app is much more casual.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
23. Re: Morning Metaverse Apr 3, 2019, 14:43 Nimh

ventry wrote on Apr 3, 2019, 00:53:
Beamer wrote on Apr 2, 2019, 22:40:
400 pages, but apparently everyone knew it was crap.

You are the most biased person here.

The Demoncrats who launched this investigation knew it was crap right from the off.
It was always a "Hail-Mary".

You are the most willfully blind person here.

Over 30 indictments and still rolling.. pretty good for a hail mary. Drain that swamp!

23. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 26, 2019, 14:25 Nimh

Best we can hope for from Gronk is that he doesn't murder someone in the coming years.  

713 Comments. 36 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo