Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

User information for fh

Real Name fh   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Nimh
Email Concealed by request
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Jan 17, 2001, 00:28
Total Comments 713 (Apprentice)
User ID 8716

User comment history
< Newer [ 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ] Older >

News Comments > Overwatch Beta Hiatus
11. Re: Overwatch Beta Hiatus Dec 4, 2015, 13:30 Nimh

New IP from an AAA publisher is refreshing to see. I wish them the best of luck.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Natural Selection 2 Revival Plans
1. Re: Natural Selection 2 Revival Plans Nov 23, 2015, 10:19 Nimh

Jetpacks, shotguns, and HPB's for everyone!  

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
3. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Nov 20, 2015, 09:12 Nimh

eRe4s3r wrote on Nov 20, 2015, 05:47:
Someone give these people a working keyboard

Says eRe4s3r.

News Comments > Green Man Gaming Key Sources Follow-up
16. Re: Green Man Gaming Key Sources Follow-up Nov 19, 2015, 08:11 Nimh

HorrorScope wrote on Nov 18, 2015, 20:09:
Witcher 3... "Source: Authorized Distributor"

That is transparency that makes a politician blush.

Before the keys were purchased in Nigeria with stolen credit cards I'm sure they were from an "authorized distributor".

News Comments > Star Wars: Battlefront Reddit Issues
5. Re: Star Wars: Battlefront Reddit Issues Nov 13, 2015, 12:54 Nimh

A dustup underway on Reddit.. Who'd a thunk such a thing possible?  

News Comments > Morning Screenshots
6. Re: Morning Screenshots Nov 3, 2015, 10:59 Nimh

I've sorta assumed that this leap would be similar to the Oblivion to Skyrim jump. The Creation Engine was a huge upgrade for them, and while you can make 3/NV look better (by blurring and contrasting the piss out of it) it still looks dated.

The only thing I really don't understand yet is the base building part. I'm not sure how that lends to the 'wanderer of the wasteland' feel of Fallout.

News Comments > Another New Steam User Record
19. Re: Another New Steam User Record Nov 1, 2015, 19:05 Nimh

With those numbers I'd guess they would be smurf accounts or a new scam brewing. Valve would know where they're coming from and how they're being used however.  

News Comments > GeForce Experience Users to Get Drivers First?
19. Re: GeForce Experience Users to Get Drivers First? Oct 16, 2015, 12:07 Nimh

descender wrote on Oct 16, 2015, 11:37:
It has also used 11 seconds worth of CPU time in the past week.

This is really just unacceptable performance. nVidia should stop trying to shovel this bloated crap down our throats.

It has nothing to do with system resources. They're monetizing the Geforce Experience user base and they want to get more people on board. They know what applications you have installed and when you use them. Plenty of advertising companies are will willing to pay for that.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
3. Re: Evening Metaverse Oct 13, 2015, 19:59 Nimh

WTF does political correctness have to do with this? There's vastly more, easily accessable, p0rn in the world than ever before. I guess thats a big lose for political correctness???  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
9. Re: Out of the Blu Oct 12, 2015, 07:37 Nimh

1badmf wrote on Oct 12, 2015, 04:15:
Darks wrote on Oct 12, 2015, 00:01:
PHJF wrote on Oct 11, 2015, 22:12:
Wasn't as bad as the Pirates takeout.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=opMIWQN-83o

Exactly, that pissed me off to no end. I'm from Pittsburgh, and that one dirty take out slide derailed our season. And btw, for the guys saying it wasn't dirty then how come they guy was completely off on the slid and didn't even touch the base if he intended to slid to try and be safe? Yea, it was intentional and dirty. NO TWO WAYS ABOUT IT.

you must not watch baseball much, or just take off the fanboy glasses, cuz that was a pretty typical takeout slide, but you seem to have no idea what that is. when a runner knows he has no chance of being safe, they'll mostly disregard the base and try to take out the baseman. the ONLY thing wrong with utley's slide was that it was late. everything else about it was typical takeout slide.

Utley has been suspended for two games.. Thankfully the MLB disagrees with your "typical take out slide" line of reasoning.

News Comments > Fallout 4 Specs
6. Re: Fallout 4 Specs Oct 8, 2015, 20:56 Nimh

28-35 Gb... I guess I'll be paying overage on our metered connection like when Wolfenstein came out. Are they using the Rage engine now?  

News Comments > Morning Interviews
16. Re: Morning Interviews Oct 6, 2015, 12:23 Nimh

Creston wrote on Oct 6, 2015, 10:51:
Can I just say that I really don't need a game that's far, far bigger than the Witcher 3? Witcher 3 is plenty huge already, both land mass size and content wise.

Please don't go overboard and make it too large. Instead, make the quests more reactive, more involved. Have diverging paths.

3d content is dirt cheap compared to refined game-play and writing..

News Comments > BATTLETECH Kickstarter
41. Re: BATTLETECH Kickstarter Sep 29, 2015, 21:02 Nimh

In for $125! (208$ CAD with shipping, but will probably not include duty)  

8. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 20, 2015, 14:42 Nimh

Not to advocate for such things.. but search for Star Wars 'Despecialized Edition'. The guy took the highest quality pieces from six or seven sources and spliced them into the original film story.  

24. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 14, 2015, 15:12 Nimh

Kxmode wrote on Sep 14, 2015, 13:30:
nimski wrote on Sep 14, 2015, 10:55:
InBlack wrote on Sep 14, 2015, 09:23:
eRe4s3r wrote on Sep 14, 2015, 09:11:
If Aliens can't protect their IT it ain't our problem

And here I thought Jeff Goldblum uploading a virus from a Mac to an alien mothership was complete horsephuckey! Silly me!

If there are aliens capable of listening to us rest assured they're hearing the equivalent of fart sounds coming from our general direction. If, seriously, our best minds are afraid that we're sending an Android/Java/SQL virus into the cosmos.. then we have far greater problems.

If aliens traveled the cosmos they would have had to overcome their petty squabbles and achieve the level of intelligence required to do so. Gene Roddenberry had it right in Star Trek, Carl Sagan had it right in Contact, and Arthur C. Clarke had it right in 2001: A Space Odyssey... to name a few examples. The problem is mankind is a fickle creature full of angst and worry. We are fundamentally scared of the unknown and willing to act hostile towards anything we perceives as a threat; which in the realm of science fiction is EVERYTHING. This is why fiction after fiction, movie after movie, almost always has the aliens as a hostile threat.

All great stories/myths can be broken down into those that lead us to salvation, or those that bring about our destruction. It's kinda our thing to construct such things.

8. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 14, 2015, 10:55 Nimh

InBlack wrote on Sep 14, 2015, 09:23:
eRe4s3r wrote on Sep 14, 2015, 09:11:
If Aliens can't protect their IT it ain't our problem

And here I thought Jeff Goldblum uploading a virus from a Mac to an alien mothership was complete horsephuckey! Silly me!

If there are aliens capable of listening to us rest assured they're hearing the equivalent of fart sounds coming from our general direction. If, seriously, our best minds are afraid that we're sending an Android/Java/SQL virus into the cosmos.. then we have far greater problems.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
3. Re: Morning Tech Bits Sep 14, 2015, 10:41 Nimh

Kinda surprised to see that work area and test setup at Logitech. Based on how their headsets sound I was expecting to see an intern sitting in a janitor's closet.  

News Comments > Fallout 4 S.P.E.C.I.A.L. Strength Video
21. Re: Fallout 4 S.P.E.C.I.A.L. Strength Video Sep 11, 2015, 12:56 Nimh

NV is absolutely sublime. I really hope they follow that model closer than FO3. The build-a-base thing is a bit disappointing, but I guess they're catering to the player home and manga hair mod crowd.  

26. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 11, 2015, 09:15 Nimh

Long history of communications problems for the visiting team at Gillette stadium.. And of course it's intermittent and during critical downs. Maybe it's all within the NFL rules, it's just astoundingly poor gamesmanship. Not really surprising at this point, the complicity of the NFL is what I don't understand.

ESPN
At Gillette Stadium, the scrambling and jamming of the opponents' coach-to-quarterback radio line -- "small s---" that many teams do, according to a former Pats assistant coach -- occurred so often that one team asked a league official to sit in the coaches' box during the game and wait for it to happen. Sure enough, on a key third down, the headset went out.

SI
But representatives from several teams told SI they have experienced problems with the coaches' equipment at Gillette—echoing a complaint from the Jaguars after their 2006 playoff loss there, when coach Jack Del Rio said his team's headsets "mysteriously malfunctioned" for most of the first half. In May, Browns linebacker Karlos Dansby told ProFootballTalk.com that his on-field headset stopped working when his Cardinals played the Patriots in 2008, and he does not think it was an accident: "They gonna do what they gotta do to win. It's just how they operate."

20. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 10, 2015, 09:44 Nimh

Mr. Tact wrote on Sep 10, 2015, 08:45:
What I am trying to say is it just doesn't matter, it is meaningless.

A far more interesting question to me is why the footballs were handled this way at all. Each team providing footballs used only by their offense. It's crazy. It was begging for something like this to happen.

You just can't make this shit up.. It was a new rule in 2006 from Brady's lobbying for the rule change.

Rather unlike them to try to change a "rule" per say.. I guess the opposing teams were getting tired of the Pats sneaking into their locker room and swapping/deflating game balls. Who knows.

713 Comments. 36 pages. Viewing page 18.
< Newer [ 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo