Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter
User information for fh

Real Name fh   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Nimh
Email Concealed by request
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Jan 17, 2001, 00:28
Total Comments 759 (Graduate)
User ID 8716

User comment history
< Newer [ 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Metaverse

2. Re: Morning Metaverse Sep 22, 2016, 11:59 Nimh

Hopefully it's not region locked, but in case it is for you ex-pats.. the article mentions PBS, Fox News, The Washington Post, Bloomberg, and Telemundo are also streaming it.  

Everyone has a heart, and its calling for something. And were all so sick and tired of seeing things as they are. ~Nick Cave
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits

1. Re: Morning Tech Bits Sep 16, 2016, 11:58 Nimh

While this market is relatively small, customers here tend to be very loyal (partly because they do not seem to have a wide choice of peripherals) and loyal customers are not easy to find.

I don't think anyone who has bought a Saitek product in the last 10 years would ever be considered loyal to the brand. No mention whether Logitech is doing anything about quality control, I guess we'll see.

Everyone has a heart, and its calling for something. And were all so sick and tired of seeing things as they are. ~Nick Cave

News Comments > Divinity: Original Sin 2 Early Access

11. Re: Divinity: Original Sin 2 Early Access Sep 16, 2016, 08:28 Nimh

This is a nice surprise. Does anyone know the timeline for the full release?

I had a little trouble in the original finding the right part of the map to be in at the proper level, but other than that I really liked it. The synergy combinations between the different elements was very entertaining. Looking forward to it.

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance

3. Re: Evening Safety Dance Sep 15, 2016, 10:48 Nimh

Shouldn't this go for phones and tablets also? Not really practical.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue

8. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 4, 2016, 16:00 Nimh

Remove telemetry and Win10 KB's from win7/8.. https://gist.github.com/xvitaly/eafa75ed2cb79b3bd4e9

News Comments > Hardware Reviews

2. Re: Hardware Reviews Aug 23, 2016, 13:40 Nimh

theglaze wrote on Aug 23, 2016, 12:12:
Whoa, crazy headphones. They include an inline headphone amp and DAC....crazy talk!

Audeze makes great headphones, its interesting they're moving toward the more budget range market with the SINE. I use a LCD-2 rev2 for everything on the PC.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization

5. Re: Morning Mobilization Aug 23, 2016, 13:19 Nimh

Didn't school start last week?  

News Comments > Team Fortress 2 Comp Mode Improvements

6. Re: Team Fortress 2 Comp Mode Improvements Aug 18, 2016, 08:29 Nimh

mag wrote on Aug 18, 2016, 00:33:
Nimh wrote on Aug 17, 2016, 12:08:
fawker wrote on Aug 17, 2016, 11:08:
Man, Overwatch really got theses guy's off their asses.

It's just wild flailing.. Performance is still awful for a 10 yr old game, and they ignore all comments from the betas. But hey.. here's a new hat and community event!

Valve games are just vehicles for micro-transactions these days.

Dude how many frames do you need! I have it running at like 16x AA just to give my computer something to *do* and I still get 100+ fps.

The community has been asking for a maintenance patch for 2 years to address bugs and performance. Not sure where you've been.

News Comments > Team Fortress 2 Comp Mode Improvements

2. Re: Team Fortress 2 Comp Mode Improvements Aug 17, 2016, 12:08 Nimh

fawker wrote on Aug 17, 2016, 11:08:
Man, Overwatch really got theses guy's off their asses.

It's just wild flailing.. Performance is still awful for a 10 yr old game, and they ignore all comments from the betas. But hey.. here's a new hat and community event!

Valve games are just vehicles for micro-transactions these days.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits

7. Re: Windows 10 auto-enabled GameDVR last week - heres how to turn it off and save your frames. Aug 16, 2016, 15:07 Nimh

Microsoft got skewered for bundling a browser 20 years ago, and now no one bats an eye when they 24/7 monitor/update/control/malware your OS. The Google android and chrome model is just too enticing for them not to follow.

Bundling updates is an awful idea, especially when they have a track record of releasing glitchy KB's from time to time. Hopefully France or the EU can claw back something a bit more pro-consumer. Who knows.

News Comments > New GeForce Drivers & Mobile GPUs

5. Re: New GeForce Drivers & Mobile GPUs Aug 16, 2016, 14:41 Nimh

There is an issue with the shader cache for NMS at the moment. You can either use the beta .exe on Steam (p/w: 3xperimental), or you can delete the cache in the NMS/Gamedata/Shadercache/ folder after you update your drivers and go from there. (I think the issues are coming from people swapping drivers but leaving the old cache in place).  

News Comments > Morning Mobilization

7. Re: Morning Mobilization Aug 4, 2016, 12:34 Nimh

NKD wrote on Aug 4, 2016, 00:42:
Wallshadows wrote on Aug 3, 2016, 14:56:
I'd go to that pub. Let the little shitters find another spot while he gains a more interesting crowd.

A more interesting crowd? Ehh I'm not so sure.

Wouldn't a bar that goes out of its way to advertise itself as a "no cell phone" area attract a really unpleasant crowd?

The "cell phones are ruining the world" types are not exactly the most easy-going and pleasant bunch of people in the world. It's mostly a lot of really opinionated elderly Luddites with strong conservative political opinions.

I don't know man.. My wife and I have internet unplugged nights and it's pretty damn nice. Just being idle, being ok with it, and hanging out and talking/reading/playing a board game/whatever. I could see a pub doing ok with that type of atmosphere.

News Comments > Team Fortress 2 Adding Matchmaking & Competitive Mode

1. Re: Team Fortress 2 Adding Matchmaking & Competitive Mode Jul 6, 2016, 21:58 Nimh

i.e. Please come back, hat revenue has plummeted.  

News Comments > Overwatch Competitive Fix Coming

5. Re: Overwatch Competitive Fix Coming Jul 1, 2016, 15:06 Nimh

I'm out of the country for 3 weeks so I'm not even bothering until I return.. That said.. I've really become jaded against the Match Making algorithm they have been using in Quick Play. I feel like random teams would actually be fair in comparison to the bizarre team selection process they use.

Oh.. here's my team of level 40 thru 60 verse the enemy team of with 2 to 3 star players. I just really wonder how that's going to turn out??? Oh yeah.. we never made it to the first capture point. And then they have the balls to write some forum post about how they only want fair matches and have this detailed system to match people. **cough** full of shit. Furious

This comment was edited on Jul 1, 2016, 17:04.

News Comments > Overwatch Competitive Play Launches

9. Re: Overwatch Competitive Play Launches Jun 29, 2016, 13:43 Nimh

Mordecai Walfish wrote on Jun 29, 2016, 06:01:
Fion wrote on Jun 29, 2016, 00:27:
#20? Damn. Just checked, I'm Rank #13'289 and I thought my D.va was pretty sick, my best game is with her at 33 elims, kill streak of 27 and 19'500 damage done.

61 elims, 29 last hits, 29 kill streak, 48 objective kills, and 31,966 damage are my tops so far with D.Va

Massive props Mordecai! Very impressive. (You're also very good about grouping people up when they're online, keep that up also.)

News Comments > Out of the Blue

22. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 24, 2016, 16:45 Nimh

Duke Christopheles wrote on Jun 24, 2016, 16:28:
Not to be an Internet Doctor wannabe, but hell, why not. It could actually be something(s) in your diet that you are beginning to have problems processing. Might be worth having blood sugar and cholesterol checked, even if your diet happens to be relatively healthy.

Just to pile on the Blue health wagon as well.. How are your vitamin D levels? If you don't supplement with something you should. If you take something, make sure it's vitamin D + magnesium + calcium (usually sold as a calcium supplement.

News Comments > Blizzard on Overwatch Matchmaking

12. Re: Blizzard on Overwatch Matchmaking Jun 22, 2016, 14:17 Nimh

Overwatch has short and focused matches, so you always need to funnel toward the objective if you want to contribute. Battlefield is a different format. If flag A is overwhelmed, you can always go to flag B. And if it's conquest you can generally spawn a bit further back to get a foothold if you need it (even then there can be some serious spawn camping).

The problem I have is repeatedly running into a meat grinder if my team is losing. I'm not much use to my team if I have to run from spawn 10 times in a match that we're being slaughtered in. So if my team is losing, I will either pair with another player, or try to support more from the back line. For example going Torby on Attack just to limit a good Tracer from pecking us down or taking out our healer before we get to the objective.

OW can be a frustrating game and I'm not sure MMR ratings lead to better games. It seems like they're pretty aware of it, so at least that's something.

News Comments > Battlefield One Gameplay Video

14. Re: Battlefield One Gameplay Video Jun 18, 2016, 15:01 Nimh

The gameplay looks amazing.. I just can't help but be reminded that DICE under EAs watch has really lost it's way. French DLC is a prime example of this in a WW 1 game.  

News Comments > Game Reviews

15. Re: Game Reviews Jun 12, 2016, 11:31 Nimh

I think we're mostly in agreement and I also think the random-ish stacked teams is curious especially if it happens in other Blizzard titles.

Dedicating yourself to keeping an enemy in check is not as restrictive as it sounds. If you take them out, you have at least 30 seconds before they make it out of spawn and to the fight. This time is great for healthing up and taking out stragglers, at least from a Winston perspective.

News Comments > Game Reviews

13. Re: Game Reviews Jun 12, 2016, 08:38 Nimh

Quinn wrote on Jun 12, 2016, 05:02:
Nimh wrote on Jun 11, 2016, 20:25:
I'm doing quick matches and I'm at 161/125 win/lose ratio. It does seem like sometimes you are steam rolled hard, but I think it's just bad team synergy coming up against a good team synergy.

Today I had a match against a god-like Zenyatta on route 66. He was ridiculous in the kill cams. Orb + 2-4 direct hits in quick succession, and consistently. We were obliterated until the mid-section of the map. I changed to Winston and just focused Zenyatta. I took him out 3-4 times but once he was down our team was able to hold the map.

Edit: Same goes for Widowmaker and few other back-line hero's.. Winston just dominates them if he can get's them isolated and with his pounce.

Hm, yeah Zenyatta can be easily countered and certainly isn't OP with that health-pool of his. Widowmaker, on the other hand, simply cannot be properly countered. I've seen Winston suggested somewhere else too, but the real 1337 widowmakers (which are the only real issue here) just take that hit, grapple away and headshot Winston into oblivion.

There's really a general consensus among the players that Widowmaker is an OP class that doesn't fit into the style of the game.

This probably goes back to the match making again.. but I've only encountered one Widowmaker that was mildly compentant at aiming the grapple while under fire. And in that case I just followed her with the leap.

Elite players are a true PITA at any class they're good with, but isn't that how it goes?

759 Comments. 38 pages. Viewing page 17.
< Newer [ 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ] Older >