Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

User information for fh

Real Name fh   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Nimh
Email Concealed by request
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Jan 17, 2001, 00:28
Total Comments 738 (Apprentice)
User ID 8716

User comment history
< Newer [ 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
10. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 10, 2016, 14:06 Nimh

Wallshadows wrote on Jun 10, 2016, 12:11:
Lyme disease in Nova Scotia is no joke but the process to rid yourself of it is. If you're unfortunate enough to contract it you then find yourself marveling at the fact that nearly all doctors will either refuse to test you or won't offer you a proper method of treatment if they suspect it. The best thing you can do is cross the boarder in New Brunswick and seek medical assistance in Maine.

It was like that in Quebec also, but I think they're better about it now (probably depends on where you go). A friend of ours would drive to Plattsburgh to see a doctor with Lyme disease experience. When we lived in NY we would catalog our ticks in the freezer by date, just in case something happened and we needed to have tests done.

Everyone has a heart, and its calling for something. And were all so sick and tired of seeing things as they are. ~Nick Cave
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > 7 Million Play Overwatch, Minus a Bunch of Cheaters
20. Re: I watched more DOOM videos (not all of them [TL;DW]), with a guy's commentaries, from YouTube... Jun 3, 2016, 08:16 Nimh

Sepharo wrote on Jun 3, 2016, 03:20:
Sepharo#1760

nimh#11279

I don't have a mic at the moment but I'd love to jam with ya'll. Pretty sure I got shot in the face by a Road Hog named Blue last night as well. Skull

Everyone has a heart, and its calling for something. And were all so sick and tired of seeing things as they are. ~Nick Cave

News Comments > Competitive Overwatch Delayed; Balance Changes Discussed
33. Re: Competitive Overwatch Delayed; Balance Changes Discussed Jun 2, 2016, 08:21 Nimh

sauron wrote on Jun 1, 2016, 15:34:
Nimh wrote on Jun 1, 2016, 14:05:
sauron wrote on Jun 1, 2016, 12:40:
I thought about getting this, and went back to TF2 to see if I really felt like a team shooter. A couple of hours later, I was all done.

I think I just don't go for them anymore, played too many. Anyhow, doing things this way saved me 40 bucks.

That's pretty damn retarded to be honest. I went back and played Doom 1993 to see if I'd like Doom 2016.. saved me 60 bucks.

Not really. I've played a lot of team shooters, and although Overwatch looks great I think I've had my fill of those mechanics. To each their own.

Also, please don't call something retarded just because you don't agree with it. It makes you look 13 years old, and most of the guys on here are in their 30's and 40's.

You may say.. I don't like multiplayer games, we can respect that. You could also say I don't like FPS games, that's also valid. But the act of choosing a game based on an 8 year old f2p example.. that is rather retarded.

Quality content is quality content. Overwatch is that. Maybe it's not your speed, that's cool. Overwatch is not TF2, by a long shot.

News Comments > Competitive Overwatch Delayed; Balance Changes Discussed
25. Re: Competitive Overwatch Delayed; Balance Changes Discussed Jun 1, 2016, 14:05 Nimh

sauron wrote on Jun 1, 2016, 12:40:
I thought about getting this, and went back to TF2 to see if I really felt like a team shooter. A couple of hours later, I was all done.

I think I just don't go for them anymore, played too many. Anyhow, doing things this way saved me 40 bucks.

That's pretty damn retarded to be honest. I went back and played Doom 1993 to see if I'd like Doom 2016.. saved me 60 bucks.

News Comments > Memorial Day Tech Bits
3. Re: Memorial Day Tech Bits May 31, 2016, 08:43 Nimh

They're scared of there own shadows, is this really a surprise to anyone?  

News Comments > Goat Simulator: Waste of Space
5. Re: Goat Simulator: Waste of Space May 27, 2016, 15:04 Nimh

saluk wrote on May 27, 2016, 13:56:
In space, no one can hear you bleat.

+1, LOL.

News Comments > Battleborn Adds Alani, Introduces Pendles
9. Re: Battleborn Adds Alani, Introduces Pendles May 25, 2016, 09:26 Nimh

Sepharo wrote on May 25, 2016, 04:03:
Wetworks wrote on May 25, 2016, 03:54:
Sepharo wrote on May 25, 2016, 01:48:
Wetworks wrote on May 24, 2016, 22:12:
Overwatch is fun in short bursts, but like bubblegum the lack of progression and complexity leaves me sated after a few matches.

You're using the word "sated" wrong.
Just trying to be helpful. I normally wouldn't point out something like this but you've got it completely opposite there and if you're doing this often that could be really confusing for the reader

Actually I used it correctly. After a few matches of Overwatch I am sated, meaning that I am full and satisfied and no longer have any desire to play the game. Like chewing bubble gum, it was fun for a few minutes but then I have my fill and spit it out. Another way of saying it is that Overwatch imo is a bit simplistic so it is easier to get everything I want out of it and I have no real desire for more.

Ah I get you now. It's not often that someone talks about the lack of something and then follows that up with feeling sated.

Kind of like saying something is well-rounded and multifaceted. It technically works, but the individual terms contradict each other.

News Comments > Overwatch Launch Announcement
20. Re: Overwatch Launch Announcement May 24, 2016, 16:23 Nimh

thecakeisalie wrote on May 24, 2016, 16:15:
nimski wrote on May 24, 2016, 16:06:
Slick wrote on May 24, 2016, 15:35:

So in that breath, I give OW some slack that they just launched today, but come on, 20 tic for a "pro e-sports hyper-competitive" 6v6 FPS game is a slap in the face.

It's been discussed, no idea if it's valid, that custom games use 60 tic. The thing is.. it does not feel like 20 to me. They may be doing something else with prediction to make it play better. <shrug>

You've obviously never experienced the power of their crappy server prediction and "Favor the Shooter" mindset. Have you played and been shot around a corner by a sniper like Hanzo or Widowmaker or by Bastion in turret mode? Watched the KillCam after? On YOUR client, you got out of the way. On THEIR client, you were standing out in the open and boom.

This stuff happens less on games that update the server and clients more often about where people are and what they are doing. 20 tick is Blizzard cheaping out on network traffic to save money at the expense of gameplay experience for their customers.

Hanzo just feels like a huntsman to me. The arrow hit box is like the size of a toaster oven or something. Crappy prediction is BF 1942, etc., that feels diferent.

17. Re: Overwatch Launch Announcement May 24, 2016, 16:06 Nimh

Slick wrote on May 24, 2016, 15:35:

So in that breath, I give OW some slack that they just launched today, but come on, 20 tic for a "pro e-sports hyper-competitive" 6v6 FPS game is a slap in the face.

It's been discussed, no idea if it's valid, that custom games use 60 tic. The thing is.. it does not feel like 20 to me. They may be doing something else with prediction to make it play better. <shrug>

11. Re: Overwatch Launch Announcement May 24, 2016, 15:00 Nimh

4D-Boxing wrote on May 24, 2016, 13:03:
Rhialto wrote on May 24, 2016, 12:35:
I'm not...

Me neither. Waiting to hear feedback from PC gamers about the maychmsking. Smooth or is it laggy like other games that forgo sever browsers for peer to peer lovin

Gameplay is smooth, no noticeable glitches or anything. Some people have claimed the tick rate from the server is low, but I personally have a hard time seeing that in the game. The engine is lightening fast. Matchmaking is client/server, no p2p.

The game is a breath of fresh air on the team shooter genre. TF2 has turned into a laggy mess of code, the only thing Valve supports in that game is the revenue stream from cosmetics, the recent match making was a joke. The Battlefield series has become biannual EA shovelware. Overwatch is under pretty tight control, no CTF, no modded servers, etc., but I think it helps focus the game at the moment. Time will tell if it ages well, at least Blizzard has committed to it.

It's a fast game to get into but difficult to dominate in due to it's Rock/Paper/Scissor setup. We had a match last night where our team was just getting decimated as we were trying to defend. Someone swapped to Bastion and completely cut off access to one side of the map. It allowed the rest of us to actually set up a defense. It completely shifted the game play of the other team. We went back and forth like that a couple times, it was a blast.

News Comments > Overwatch Launches
2. Re: Overwatch Launches May 23, 2016, 20:38 Nimh

Wallshadows wrote on May 23, 2016, 20:25:
I'm not sure why but I still have the option to play the game even though I never bought it. Also, I thought there weren't going to be any microtransactions or was that strictly in regards to heroes and maps?

Microtransactions are for loot boxes only I believe. All upcoming heros and maps will be available to everyone.

News Comments > Overwatch Launch Details
7. Re: Overwatch Launch Details May 23, 2016, 19:15 Nimh

Game is launched.. servers are DOA.  

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
2. Re: Evening Tech Bits May 20, 2016, 19:14 Nimh

Wallshadows wrote on May 20, 2016, 18:45:
I'm sure there is more to it but it seems a little ridiculous that the Vive and Oculus require separate development to the point where games which support one or the other are locked down. It's not like it's a graphics card, processor or API but rather an external device which functions as a fancy monitor with bulky hardware requirements.

Shouldn't there be some kind of VR standard to follow instead of pushing VR in to the market in one hand while locking down and splitting the market in the other?

Do you really think Facebook would want anything to do with open standards? Walled garden or GTFO.

News Comments > Game Reviews
2. Re: Game Reviews May 20, 2016, 12:38 Nimh

You got peanut butter in my chocolate!  

News Comments > Talos Principle 2 Revealed
5. Re: Talos Principle 2 Revealed May 20, 2016, 12:35 Nimh

MacLeod wrote on May 20, 2016, 12:05:
I still have to get back into the original. I got to the point where they added the "record yourself and play it back" mechanic, did a couple of the puzzles and kind of faded out playing it. Not too fond of that puzzle mechanic, but overall the game was enjoyable enough to drudge through one mechanic that I didn't like.

I searched Youtube for the last few solutions just so I could finish the game. The game was just not enjoyable towards the end.

News Comments > Overwatch Launch Plans
12. Re: Overwatch Launch Plans May 20, 2016, 10:04 Nimh

Task wrote on May 20, 2016, 09:09:
I'm glad they decided to sell this game as a premium, instead of freemium. Makes me more likely to get it since premium usually infers less grinding annoyance and more quality and I get everything (a whole game) at once.

And no hoovie/conga line bullshit.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
5. Re: Out of the Blue May 19, 2016, 14:59 Nimh

If you're overclocking but don't want to spend too much time on it, it is easier to search overclock.net for your MB + stable overclocks. I did this with my i7-920 and I hit 4GHz with relative ease. Just something like this in google should dig up some good info.

asus sabertooth z77 stable overclock site:overclock.net

Just to reinforce what others have said.. the voltages are key component everything else is built on with a good overclock.

This comment was edited on May 19, 2016, 15:10.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
2. Re: Evening Legal Briefs May 18, 2016, 09:09 Nimh

Ahhh.. Le printemps Montral. When the the rivers thaw and all the bodies wash up on the shore.  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
10. Re: Morning Tech Bits May 16, 2016, 22:37 Nimh

eRe4s3r wrote on May 16, 2016, 18:02:
nimski wrote on May 16, 2016, 14:44:
<sigh> The writing is on the wall for my antique 780GTX. It handled Wolfenstein perfectly well, but it completely chokes on Doom (Confirmed by the TechSpot link). Looking forward to the 1080 release next week.

Chokes? play on medium and problem solved, still looks great, avg 47 on my 670GTX, game runs actually very well on older cards assuming you got an SSD with 50gb to spare which for this game is absolutely mandatory.

Isn't steady 144 fps or whatever, but it's playable and most importantly, stable fps...

It's the 1440 that kills it for me, even on medium settings. The best improvement I've had is by changing the resolution slider to 75%. It's playable, just muddy looking.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
2. Re: Morning Tech Bits May 16, 2016, 14:44 Nimh

<sigh> The writing is on the wall for my antique 780GTX. It handled Wolfenstein perfectly well, but it completely chokes on Doom (Confirmed by the TechSpot link). Looking forward to the 1080 release next week.  

738 Comments. 37 pages. Viewing page 17.
< Newer [ 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo