Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

User information for fh

Real Name fh   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Nimh
Email Concealed by request
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Jan 17, 2001, 00:28
Total Comments 713 (Apprentice)
User ID 8716

User comment history
< Newer [ 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] Older >

News Comments > Team Fortress 2 Halloween Details
2. Re: Team Fortress 2 Halloween Details Oct 12, 2016, 21:23 Nimh

It's all about hat/skin revenu, and whatever they are pulling in from item gambling these days. The patch will probably add paid sprays like CS:GO, or some other non-gameplay related cash grab.

Never thought I'd say it.. but Valve sucks at making games now. Everyone talks about HL3, but at this rate it'll just be Pokerstars, Valve edition.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Mafia III Released
16. Re: Mafia III Released Oct 8, 2016, 10:05 Nimh

Quinn wrote on Oct 8, 2016, 09:35:
Luke wrote on Oct 8, 2016, 09:15:
Kosumo wrote on Oct 7, 2016, 21:10:
Way to have an open mind about things .... totally your choice but what if the gameplay is good with some new freshness to it and is a lot of fun? Do you just not play it cos the character you play as in charge of your own mafia is black?

Anyone who is playing want to give us some feed back.

I know that there is some issues currently (locked 30fps and some talking about crashing - that can be true for some and not for others) but the game does still seem interesting to me.

Any views (about the game) good or bad, would be good thanks. (Unless your purple, I don't like my Bluesnews comments from people who are purple )

Do you just not play it cos the character you play as in charge of your own mafia is black?

Well ya said it , why does everything today have to be black or gay or free breast , just ain't into all this politically correctnes it ruins more than it helps Clown Nothing helps if ya force it onto people....nothing!

Playing a black guy in this context is very interesting. What I hate is the disclaimer at the start of the game, apologizing to nutjobs like all Black Lives Matter followers and SJW.

Imagine a history teacher apologizing for talking about slavery back in the days.

It seemed like a well worded disclaimer to me. Of course it triggered someone.

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
2. Re: Evening Mobilization Oct 6, 2016, 07:50 Nimh

Google's support of 1-2 year old hardware is awful. Have a Nexus 6? Gfy.  

News Comments > Gears of War 4 Specs
12. Re: Gears of War 4 Specs Oct 5, 2016, 13:46 Nimh

jdreyer wrote on Oct 5, 2016, 12:58:
Just pop for another 512M SSD. They're only about $100, and black Friday is coming up soon. Does your machine have room for only one drive?

500Gb 850 evo in Canada is about $220 now.. great idea on black Friday however. Samsung usually has some good deals.

News Comments > Gears of War 4 Specs
3. Re: Gears of War 4 Specs Oct 5, 2016, 12:13 Nimh

80GB! Doom and DX:MD are taking up 110Gb with no DLC, another 10Gb for Overwatch and my game drive is just about tapped out.

I need to rethink my future game storage if this keeps up. I was thinking of a 500Gb SSD for both Windows and games, but at this rate 750 Gb or higher might be needed.

(Not to mention 80Gb is 1/4 of my monthly bandwidth..)

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
1. Re: Sunday Tech Bits Oct 2, 2016, 12:21 Nimh

I spent yesterday going back to 8.1 on my work Macbook. After the Anniversary Update the system just became lethargic. I also noticed a lot of system settings were changed back to default for some reason and apps were reinstalled.

8.1 with security updates only for now. I hope MS can right the ship.

News Comments > Saturday Safety Dance
5. Re: Saturday Safety Dance Oct 2, 2016, 08:54 Nimh

You know.. I get it. The last 30 years has sucked for the middle class and poor. The nuclear option is somewhat attractive as opposed to the status guo. What's bizarre to me is how someone like Donald Trump could represent that solution.

The debate said a lot to me.. He is barely articulate but somehow manages to command this online 4chan/Russian/wikileaks/400 lb basement dweller social media army. It's the ultimate manifest of the worst online behavior.

News Comments > No Man's Sky Advertising Investigation
31. Re: No Man's Sky Advertising Investigation Sep 29, 2016, 11:47 Nimh

PsychoMoggieBagpuss wrote on Sep 29, 2016, 11:30:
I bought U6 when it came out. Spent about half a day trying to free up the 600k base ram to allow me to run the game, before finally realising that the "Amstrad 1512" I was trying to install it on only had 512k base and no amount of buggering about with config.sys or autoexec.bat would get it to run.
I was gutted.
Kept the game though. Still got the box on the shelf, cloth map and moonstone included

The first computer my parents had was an Amstrad PC5120 from Radio Shack.. in glorious CGA. I still have some Big Blue Disks and some TSR D&D games laying around somewhere.

News Comments > etc., etc.
5. Re: etc., etc. Sep 29, 2016, 10:19 Nimh

Here is the Doom 2016 soundtrack.. Excellent piece of music if you're into the genre.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hdSX59_VnQ4&t=0s

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
5. Re: Evening Metaverse Sep 29, 2016, 08:28 Nimh

UPS, USPS, and to a lessor extent Fedex, are probably the better services in the US. In Canada the best service is usually Canada Post (but pricey). UPS Canada and DHL Canada are just not well run here.  

News Comments > No Man's Sky Advertising Investigation
25. Re: No Man's Sky Advertising Investigation Sep 29, 2016, 08:20 Nimh

I kinda feel bad for them.. it's a pretty experience, but not much of a game. It could have been viable with some simple fixes I think, even in it's current state. I just don't think they had the know-how or the vision to do it. It's like how Doom 3 was an excellent tech demo, just an awful game.

I have far more frustration with micro transactions, in-app purchases, DLC, season passes, third party launchers, creating accounts to play a game, online only games that aren't multiplayer, etc. Puke

News Comments > Overwatch Symmetra Changes Next Month
4. Re: Overwatch Symmetra Changes Next Month Sep 26, 2016, 14:36 Nimh

She is situational and much easier to use with a little set up time on defense.. I can only assume the changes mean an offensive Symmetra? This will be interesting.  

News Comments > On Sale
3. Re: On Sale Sep 24, 2016, 12:59 Nimh

It was really the pinicle of BF for me. That and the Vietnam add-on.

This comment was edited on Sep 24, 2016, 15:50.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
3. Re: Evening Tech Bits Sep 24, 2016, 12:03 Nimh

Oppo makes some of the best featured prosumer Blu-ray players on the market, and for very reasonable prices considering the hardware and inclusion of rs-232. Xbox/PS, or people who buy the cheapest of whatever, are not who these are market toward.

Still rocking a BDP-83 SE here!

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
2. Re: Morning Metaverse Sep 22, 2016, 11:59 Nimh

Hopefully it's not region locked, but in case it is for you ex-pats.. the article mentions PBS, Fox News, The Washington Post, Bloomberg, and Telemundo are also streaming it.  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
1. Re: Morning Tech Bits Sep 16, 2016, 11:58 Nimh

While this market is relatively small, customers here tend to be very loyal (partly because they do not seem to have a wide choice of peripherals) and loyal customers are not easy to find.

I don't think anyone who has bought a Saitek product in the last 10 years would ever be considered loyal to the brand. No mention whether Logitech is doing anything about quality control, I guess we'll see.

News Comments > Divinity: Original Sin 2 Early Access
11. Re: Divinity: Original Sin 2 Early Access Sep 16, 2016, 08:28 Nimh

This is a nice surprise. Does anyone know the timeline for the full release?

I had a little trouble in the original finding the right part of the map to be in at the proper level, but other than that I really liked it. The synergy combinations between the different elements was very entertaining. Looking forward to it.

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
3. Re: Evening Safety Dance Sep 15, 2016, 10:48 Nimh

Shouldn't this go for phones and tablets also? Not really practical.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
8. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 4, 2016, 16:00 Nimh

Remove telemetry and Win10 KB's from win7/8.. https://gist.github.com/xvitaly/eafa75ed2cb79b3bd4e9

News Comments > Hardware Reviews
2. Re: Hardware Reviews Aug 23, 2016, 13:40 Nimh

theglaze wrote on Aug 23, 2016, 12:12:
Whoa, crazy headphones. They include an inline headphone amp and DAC....crazy talk!

Audeze makes great headphones, its interesting they're moving toward the more budget range market with the SINE. I use a LCD-2 rev2 for everything on the PC.

713 Comments. 36 pages. Viewing page 14.
< Newer [ 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo