Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter
User information for fh

Real Name fh   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Nimh
Email Concealed by request
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Jan 17, 2001, 00:28
Total Comments 759 (Graduate)
User ID 8716

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Get Costume Quest and SOMA for Free

7. Re: Get Costume Quest and SOMA for Free Nov 1, 2019, 11:10 Nimh

Sepharo wrote on Nov 1, 2019, 08:53:
I wish it didn't have the sneak away from Big Daddy parts... But other than that it's great.

There's a mod on Steam that removes that stuff. You just get the story.

Everyone has a heart, and its calling for something. And were all so sick and tired of seeing things as they are. ~Nick Cave
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Saturday Mobilization

2. Re: Saturday Mobilization Oct 12, 2019, 14:15 Nimh

Tiny batteries dont last long, news at 11.  

Everyone has a heart, and its calling for something. And were all so sick and tired of seeing things as they are. ~Nick Cave

News Comments > Activision Blizzard Faces Hong Kong Backlash

19. Re: Activision Blizzard Faces Hong Kong Backlash Oct 9, 2019, 16:02 Nimh

Burrito of Peace wrote on Oct 9, 2019, 14:49:
Mr. Tact wrote on Oct 9, 2019, 13:47:
Burrito of Peace wrote on Oct 9, 2019, 13:43:
It could just be me, cause today is an insomnia day, but I don't give a shit about Hong Kong. China is a boorish dick. China has always been a boorish dick. Why is anyone surprised when they act like boorish dicks?
We aren't. We are surprised/annoyed/disappointed US corporations are attempting to silence people who call the Chinese government "boorish dicks".

They're soulless, profit driven corporations. Why would anyone expect anything less more than that which will maximize their short term profits?

The surprising part for me has not been the censorship, one expects that within China. It's been the censorship outside of China, that's relatively new.

But you are correct, anti-democracy movements are more popular than ever around the world and a lot of people don't care.

News Comments > Blizzard's Hearthstone Champion Ban over Protest Draws Protests

59. Re: Blizzard's Hearthstone Champion Ban over Protest Draws Protests Oct 9, 2019, 12:18 Nimh

Riahderymnmaddog wrote on Oct 9, 2019, 11:48:

It is absolutely appalling that an American business would allow the Chinese government impose it's will upon non Chinese citizens.

NBA fans with Free Hong Kong signs ejected from preseason game in Philadelphia. https://6abc.com/sports/sixers-fan-supporting-hong-kong-ejected-from-preseason-game/5604293/

China flex is real.

52. Re: Blizzard's Hearthstone Champion Ban over Protest Draws Protests Oct 9, 2019, 06:58 Nimh

Received confirmation of account deletion this morning. A drop in the ocean but whatever.  

13. Re: Blizzard's Hearthstone Champion Ban over Protest Draws Protests Oct 8, 2019, 13:47 Nimh

Blizzard is just doing what they're told, any one of you would've done the same.

Let me know when democratic ideals come back in fashion. It won't be anytime soon.

This comment was edited on Oct 8, 2019, 14:01.

News Comments > Red Dead Redemption 2 PC Next Month

7. Re: Red Dead Redemption 2 PC Next Month Oct 4, 2019, 12:12 Nimh

1 month exclusive?!? Timmy running out of money already?  

News Comments > Fortnite Class Action Suit Cites Addictiveness

1. Re: Fortnite Class Action Suit Cites Addictiveness Oct 4, 2019, 10:52 Nimh

If one was to try this anywhere in North America, Quebec is probably that place. It will be interesting to see how this pans out, and if/how this folds into the addictive nature of other game mechanics.  

News Comments > Free Month of Origin Access with 2FA

21. Re: Free Month of Origin Access with 2FA Oct 3, 2019, 08:32 Nimh

MattyC wrote on Oct 3, 2019, 03:15:
Does this include the Authenticator for SWTOR or is that still separate for no real reason?

At any right more people should use 2fa, so I support this.

Depends on the implementation, but 2FA links your phone number (one of the holy grails of data tracking) with your account. This account information is then available to 3rd party data brokers (partners) per the EA EULA. It's just more tracking and data points for them to link together. If you're sensitive about that stuff you try to minimize it. Otherwise it's just living in modern times where you and your life are the product.

News Comments > Op Ed

3. Re: Op Ed Oct 2, 2019, 09:27 Nimh

Seems to be working as intended. You get 1 to 10 years out of the talent before they're burned out and asking for too much money. Let them go and get some ambitious kid. Rinse and repeat.  

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs

1. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Oct 1, 2019, 14:13 Nimh

Good luck with that in France Valve; you miserable shit bags.  

News Comments > Playing for the Planet

14. Re: Playing for the Planet Sep 24, 2019, 08:08 Nimh

Ozmodan wrote on Sep 24, 2019, 00:58:
I kind of have mixed emotions about this. I am very conscious of the environment and realize we are heating up the planet, but the methods some are using to push their agenda is disgusting. Almost as bad as the people resisting the problem. Really sad when both sides are screaming the other one is ignoring science when they both are.

So for my part I joined a group that plants trees. The sad thing is there are a lot of people who don't want them, especially the farmers.

This is high up on the WTF posts list.

"I'm very conscious of the environment"? Yet "Both sides" ignore science?? In a tree planting group, but then trespasses on farmland to plant trees??? (yeah, farmers don't like idiots)

Blue.. have you considered adding a Captcha? It would cut down on these bot posts.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits

3. Re: Morning Tech Bits Sep 23, 2019, 14:47 Nimh

BIGtrouble77 wrote on Sep 23, 2019, 12:55:
When I got my Threadripper 2950x I was really worried about thermal performance with it's 180w TDP. I just threw the recommended Noctua active cooler on it and was surprised that the temps have been consistently low no matter the load I put on it. Never made sense to me that my Intel machine ran so hot with such a lower TDP. Nice to see that cleared up.

Isn't that due to AMD's CPU throttling?

News Comments > Billion Dollar Borderlands 3

21. Re: Billion Dollar Borderlands 3 Sep 23, 2019, 14:42 Nimh

What's wrong with you people? Is every subject matter 'gamer gate' now?  

News Comments > Out of the Blue

16. Re: On another topic... Sep 19, 2019, 08:10 Nimh

Mr. Tact wrote on Sep 18, 2019, 17:04:
I just had to say something about this clown at WeWork. That dude is seriously making an attempt to make Zuck look like a serious businessman and a nice guy. What he should be doing is selling whatever it is he is smoking, because people are going to pony up big for a share of that...

Most people should be on to the "slum lord markets himself as tech bro" scam by now.

News Comments > No Man's Sky Event Launches

5. Re: No Man's Sky Event Launches Sep 18, 2019, 16:06 Nimh

Kxmode wrote on Sep 18, 2019, 14:53:
jdreyer wrote on Sep 18, 2019, 14:03:
I'm tellin' ya KX, you're missing out.

1. Did not get the experience promised in 2016.
2. No desire.
3. Sean Murray lies

Pass. I got plenty of other games to play from publishers who didn't lie to me. That said, glad you're enjoying it.

Murrays eyes were bigger than his stomach. A lot of us have probably made similar mistakes in life, albeit under less public scrutiny. Its a 100% complete game at the moment, anything they add extra is just gravy.

Was listening to the Deus Ex: HR developer content the other night and they were doing the same thing early on in the cycle. Thats game dveloppement. You dream big and try to get there. Sometimes it doesnt work, sometimes its does. Cest le vie.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits

1. Re: Morning Tech Bits Sep 18, 2019, 11:25 Nimh

Modified electric car beats stock electric car.. this passes for intrigue these days? The Musk media machine is like no other.  

News Comments > Morning Interviews

6. Re: Morning Interviews Sep 13, 2019, 19:41 Nimh

HoSpanky wrote on Sep 13, 2019, 18:54:
Considering that they already plan to have multiplayer, a third person view will be fairly easy. The character models are already there, and I assume animations for all moves will be done for the multiplayer functionality, so Id bet official 3rd person will come with the multiplayer patch.

I think the stink over this was that you would never see your own character during cut-scenes. That was a pretty big part of The Witcher games, so it feels like a brash move that may not serve the narrative well. Time will tell.

News Comments > Out of the Blue

2. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 11, 2019, 11:41 Nimh

News Comments > The End is Nigh and ABZU Free on Epic Games Store

4. removed Sep 5, 2019, 19:14 Nimh

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Sep 6, 2019, 07:23.

759 Comments. 38 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >