Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

User information for fh

Real Name fh   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Nimh
Email Concealed by request
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Jan 17, 2001, 00:28
Total Comments 713 (Apprentice)
User ID 8716

User comment history
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. Aug 23, 2017, 10:38 Nimh

Does Blizzard have a PR firm that releases "controversies" every time they have an update coming out? Just something to get multiple days of press exposure?  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Battlefield 1 Revolution and Battlefield 1 Incursions Announced
5. Re: Battlefield 1 Revolution and Battlefield 1 Incursions Announced Aug 22, 2017, 09:08 Nimh

eRe4s3r wrote on Aug 22, 2017, 08:35:
Nimh wrote on Aug 22, 2017, 08:21:
Yeah.. DLC maps. Guaranteed way to kill off a game. I suppose they will announce the next BF installment soon and everyone will lose their minds.

Pretty sure that map will be "free" in a month or so, but yeah, not helping the dwindling population that's for damn sure. I haven't started the game in a month now... just can't bring myself to do it... oh well. More space on my SSD I guess...

Does the general population have the other new maps now? I stopped 1-2 months ago also. Last I played it was just 10 star Hellriegels and shotguns running in a circle on Fort Vaux. It would be nice to have a more varied, non-meta, server population on the new maps.

Truly enjoy the game, but it was starting to feel like work (which is usually when I stop playing something)

News Comments > Battlefield 1 Revolution and Battlefield 1 Incursions Announced
2. Re: Battlefield 1 Revolution and Battlefield 1 Incursions Announced Aug 22, 2017, 08:21 Nimh

Yeah.. DLC maps. Guaranteed way to kill off a game. I suppose they will announce the next BF installment soon and everyone will lose their minds.  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
9. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 13, 2017, 16:41 Nimh

Streamers are a new and special douche bag demographic in online gaming. Aside from the little cliques they run, I don't think many people have much sympathy for them. Run on a delay if you're worried someone is going to ruin your pub stomp.

News Comments > Overwatch Getting Deathmatch
10. Re: Overwatch Getting Deathmatch Aug 11, 2017, 08:55 Nimh

eRe4s3r wrote on Aug 10, 2017, 19:53:
This is a really strange decision.... why not add some story mode or persistent PvE mode instead?

It's low hanging fruit and it works really well with the Stack-maker algorithm.

This comment was edited on Aug 11, 2017, 09:34.

News Comments > etc.
2. Re: etc. Jul 28, 2017, 12:44 Nimh

Damn those spreadsheet griefers griefing griefers!  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
14. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 11, 2017, 19:07 Nimh

Fion wrote on Jul 11, 2017, 13:08:
I always use blue's Amazon link.

Did my part today on dot ca, hope it helps blue.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
2. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jul 7, 2017, 10:36 Nimh

Cutter wrote on Jul 6, 2017, 23:06:
Fucking liberal elite cheap labor traitorous bastards. So not only can no one find a good job in this country anymore as it races to the bottom, Trudeau actually increased immigration quotas to 300k per year. Yet again we see the true colors of the elite Cons/Libs in Canada and all the fucking morons keep voting for them over an over again destroying their own way of life.

Record level low unemployment in Quebec now, and record level immigration on top of that. Something is going right.

And for what it's worth.. tech talent, or any talent for that matter, is not being paid "cheap" wages here. We are a part of a global pool, and are paid as such.

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
2. Re: Evening Safety Dance Jun 29, 2017, 08:08 Nimh

Asmodai wrote on Jun 28, 2017, 21:44:
Lol, and here I was thinking an x-ray with a trained operator would be enough to spot a bomb inside a laptop. And the dogs. And the chemical sniffers/swab tests.

The recent intel was that the battery itself could be made explosive with a fairly simple mechanism, think Samsung Note7 with a laptop sized payload.

Whether it warranted an outright ban? That's the question.

9. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 23, 2017, 11:49 Nimh

Really Blue? Canada has good snipers goes under 'The funnies'?  

News Comments > Steam Summer Sale Launches
52. Re: Steam Summer Sale Launches Jun 23, 2017, 11:43 Nimh

DE: Mankind Divided Season Pass is a great price if you still have it installed. Get another hour or two in before not seeing the series again for another 10 years.  

8. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 19, 2017, 15:36 Nimh

jacobvandy wrote on Jun 19, 2017, 13:51:
I used to do an acre with a motorized push mower every week and that was bad enough... Any more than that and you're going to want something you can sit on and drive around.

I did 1 acre for several years with a 20" reel mower, it was hateful on hot days, but otherwise worked well if I didn't let the grass get too high. The Fiskar reel mower is very nice, but it is also narrower I think, so its going to take a bit longer.

After a couple years a neighbor gave me their old Toro push mower. I installed a new carborator and blade and used it instead. It was much better suited to the yard size.

2. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 19, 2017, 12:05 Nimh

No jungle my man.. high grass is a tick magnet in the North East.  

News Comments > Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus Officially Revealed
18. Re: Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus Officially Revealed Jun 12, 2017, 15:14 Nimh

MajorD wrote on Jun 12, 2017, 11:00:
Agent-Zero wrote on Jun 12, 2017, 10:56:
im getting a bit of a Duke Nukem vibe from it... its got an over-the-top action plus weirdo comedy thing going on... seems a bit different than the previous ones

I'm glad Machine Games is continuing with the franchise, as they did a great job reviving it with New Order and Old Blood, but yeah, I agree, hopefully they don't Duke it up too much.

For some odd reason I could not finish Old Blood, it was just a slog. New Order was amazing however. Hopefully it's more like that one.

News Comments > Truck Simulators Getting Bigger Rigs
14. Re: Truck Simulators Getting Bigger Rigs May 9, 2017, 15:14 Nimh

Creston wrote on May 9, 2017, 11:44:
The Half Elf wrote on May 8, 2017, 20:08:
Creston wrote on May 8, 2017, 10:32:
I may reinstall just to drive with those double-trailers. Because it seems absolutely IMPOSSIBLE to reverse a rig like that...

I deal with quite a few trailers at Amazon, and I've yet to see someone try to back one up.

I've seen a few drivers have some marginal success with it, but typically it's a "line everything up right, then drive backwards very, very carefully, and reset about every 10 feet."

Home owners will be familiar with single pivot style trailers, where turning right results in the trailer going left. If you add a second pivot (farm wagons, double trailers) then turning right means the trailer turns right. In a dumb way it's actually easier. The main problem with double trailers are the blind spots.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
7. Re: Morning Mobilization May 8, 2017, 13:32 Nimh

Flatline wrote on May 8, 2017, 13:01:

We're using ipads at work but beyond that I'm kind of done with Apple devices. Android, for all it's faults, tends to release new OS drops that keep the user interface buttery smooth and rarely destroys performance the way iOS updates tend to.

It's been the opposite for us, but same story. Android's two years of updates is what killed it for us compared to Apple's five. We have a Galaxy Nexus, last update was Kitkat 4.4-ish in 2013, it's used with our US sim card when we are in the states (don't even dare to connect it to the web at this point). Our Ipad 2, same vintage, got it's last update last year and is still used daily around the house.

News Comments > Far Cry 3 Tease
2. Re: Far Cry 3 Tease May 3, 2017, 10:52 Nimh

"An island that we never truely left" (in my clumsy French)

This comment was edited on May 3, 2017, 11:21.

5. Re: Out of the Blue May 2, 2017, 14:08 Nimh

Good old Fine Woodworking.. pretty much the only place left on the internet where you would not be surprised to see wallpapers offered in 640x480 up through and maxing out at 1280x1024!  

News Comments > Chet Faliszek Leaves Valve
6. Re: Chet Faliszek Leaves Valve May 2, 2017, 14:03 Nimh

jdreyer wrote on May 2, 2017, 13:25:
He's a writer. Valve hasn't shipped anything with writing in 5 years. Wonder what he's been doing all this time.

Item describtions for cosmetics and skins. It's all Valve makes anymore.

News Comments > Prey System Specs
15. Re: Prey System Specs Apr 28, 2017, 07:40 Nimh

Squirmer wrote on Apr 28, 2017, 04:19:
Surprised at the apathy toward this game. It's made by people who made Dishonored, Deus Ex, Dark Messiah, Arx Fatalis, and is continuing the Looking Glass design legacy. I'm expecting it to be good and really don't care what the title is.

Well said. I'm looking forward to it.

713 Comments. 36 pages. Viewing page 10.
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo