Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

User information for fh

Real Name fh   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Nimh
Email Concealed by request
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Jan 17, 2001, 00:28
Total Comments 722 (Apprentice)
User ID 8716

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Interviews
6. Re: Morning Interviews Sep 13, 2019, 19:41 Nimh

HoSpanky wrote on Sep 13, 2019, 18:54:
Considering that they already plan to have multiplayer, a third person view will be fairly easy. The character models are already there, and I assume animations for all moves will be done for the multiplayer functionality, so Iíd bet official 3rd person will come with the multiplayer patch.

I think the stink over this was that you would never see your own character during cut-scenes. That was a pretty big part of The Witcher games, so it feels like a brash move that may not serve the narrative well. Time will tell.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
2. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 11, 2019, 11:41 Nimh

News Comments > The End is Nigh and ABZU Free on Epic Games Store
4. removed Sep 5, 2019, 19:14 Nimh

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Sep 6, 2019, 07:23.

News Comments > Borderlands 3 Will Offer PC Preloads
8. Re: Borderlands 3 Will Offer PC Preloads Sep 4, 2019, 08:34 Nimh

Creston wrote on Sep 4, 2019, 08:17:
I guess Tim got too much shit about it, and someone figured out how to do it.

I feel bad for the intern tasked with getting this working this week.

13. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 1, 2019, 07:00 Nimh

Do you have space for bird feeders at your new digs Blue? When we lived North of Newburgh, we put out oiled black sunflower seeds and suet (hot pepper infused to deter squirrels). and easily had 20 plus species a year. If your patient enough Chickadees will even eat out of your hand.  

News Comments > Homeworld 3 Announced
2. Re: Homeworld 3 Announced Aug 30, 2019, 21:23 Nimh

$100 says this will go EGS exclusive a couple months before launch.  

News Comments > Celeste and Inside Free on Epic Games Store
9. Re: Celeste and Inside Free on Epic Games Store Aug 30, 2019, 06:02 Nimh

Rusted out white van with "free candy" scrawled on the side.  

News Comments > Joe Rogan's John Carmack Interview
1. Re: Joe Rogan's John Carmack Interview Aug 29, 2019, 11:48 Nimh

Not gonna to lie.. That was like listening to Einstein talk to a gold fish.  

10. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 28, 2019, 07:22 Nimh

Cutter wrote on Aug 27, 2019, 14:18:
Enh, I don't trust Chiros as far as I can throw them. I'd say just for for a massage instead. Opening up all those striated muscles and getting blood and oxygen to them makes a world of difference. Wouldn't hurt to be sitting on a heating pad and doing some gentle stretching on your own.

Seconded! A massage therapist with medical training, typically refereed to as a registered osteopath. A physical therapist would also work.

News Comments > Minecraft Ray Tracing Plans
21. Re: Minecraft Ray Tracing Plans Aug 20, 2019, 07:08 Nimh

jdreyer wrote on Aug 20, 2019, 02:36:
aka_STEVE wrote on Aug 19, 2019, 13:24:
... great move Nvidia ! Convince people to buy a $ 1500 graphics card so they can play Minecraft !?!?

You guys seriously need to get new marketing people....

Nvidia has been intentionally doing RTX for old and old-looking games like Quake and MC as proof of how dramatic the improvement can be, even for really old 3D games. It actually is pretty genius marketing. I forewent RTX thinking we were a good 5 years before wide adoption, but it seems to be happening much more quickly, probably b/c Nvidia is pouring money into converting popular games to RTX.

Next up the original Thief games..

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
5. Re: Evening Safety Dance Aug 17, 2019, 10:15 Nimh

RedEye9 wrote on Aug 16, 2019, 20:05:
After reading the article i doubt paper ballots would be much better.

The problem with Democracy is that a large portion of the populace are stupid.

Every year after Georgia started using electronic voting machines the state has "voted" red. Yeah stupid voters.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
5. Re: Evening Metaverse Aug 14, 2019, 07:42 Nimh

"bullshit is highly engaging.".. about all that needs to be said. I've been blocking the 'up next' element with uBlock Origin. It's been a noticeable and welcome difference.  

News Comments > Into the Black
4. Re: Into the Black Aug 14, 2019, 06:37 Nimh

RedEye9 wrote on Aug 14, 2019, 03:15:
NKD wrote on Aug 14, 2019, 03:03:

Still less risky than being a US school teacher.
Or a Walmart shopper.

Or an African American.

News Comments > Saturday Safety Dance
8. Re: Saturday Safety Dance Aug 10, 2019, 22:39 Nimh

Why change votes when you can just purge opposition voters?  

5. Re: Evening Metaverse Aug 7, 2019, 07:24 Nimh

Red886 wrote on Aug 7, 2019, 04:09:
RedEye9 wrote on Aug 6, 2019, 19:41:
Regret and the world regrets with you.
Where are users going now? To a dRumpf convention of course.

dude, you do know that Obama radicalized the El Paso shooter?

you know, how he specifically mentioned he got radicalized before Trump ?

More specifically it was Obama's tan suit that radicalized the shooter.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
8. Re: Morning Safety Dance Aug 7, 2019, 06:52 Nimh

Ash wrote on Aug 6, 2019, 20:08:
Now why am I not even surprised that Cutter is a Republican, haha. Too obvious, honestly.

He's Canadian with a floating ideology. He enjoys the daily outrage media cycle and getting worked up.

6. Re: Evening Metaverse Aug 6, 2019, 09:21 Nimh

Red886 wrote on Aug 6, 2019, 07:31:
still remember people being pissed off when i said on another board years ago that the internet as we know it, is pretty much owned by a bunch of lefties, whom can censor the internet with ease.

This is a decidedly conservative idea. Identical to having the right not to bake a cake for a gay couple.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
8. Re: Morning Metaverse Aug 2, 2019, 07:32 Nimh

The Half Elf wrote on Aug 2, 2019, 06:58:
Nimh wrote on Aug 1, 2019, 21:00:
Creston wrote on Aug 1, 2019, 13:45:
So will Amazon fine itself? I get a box one time from Amazon, could have fitted like a 50" TV. In fact, my wife and I bought thought it was a TV, and she said "I didn't know you'd ordered a TV?"

It was a surprise to me as well.

Turns out it contained the sound bar I had ordered. The sound bar fit in the box height wise, so it left approximately 90% of the entire box unfilled. WTF, Amazon?

(I don't blame the poor peon who packaged it, they get to watch their family being tortured if they dare fall behind the 9250 packages an hour "Proper Packing Rate" or whatever bullshit they call it, but it's ludicrous that something gets shipped like that. The sound bar's own box offered way more protection than that empty one did.)

Amazon has a computer select the box, the peon just puts it in the allocated box with some packing material. Itís based on product size and truck pack. If the truck leaving has some extra space the algorithm will upsize boxes so they donít slide around.

That's HALF True... typically it's still left to the employee. Creston was the rest of the box filled with the airbags?
There are times you just get odd shaped packages that will only fit in a certain box. Normally if it doesn't fit X box they will send it in the original packaging if possible. You should see rugs going on a Oversized or Big Box Truck.

Thanks for the clarification.. I didn't know if the algorithm box selection was consider law, or if the worker has some discretion with it. You still working there?

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
5. Re: Morning Metaverse Aug 1, 2019, 21:00 Nimh

Creston wrote on Aug 1, 2019, 13:45:
So will Amazon fine itself? I get a box one time from Amazon, could have fitted like a 50" TV. In fact, my wife and I bought thought it was a TV, and she said "I didn't know you'd ordered a TV?"

It was a surprise to me as well.

Turns out it contained the sound bar I had ordered. The sound bar fit in the box height wise, so it left approximately 90% of the entire box unfilled. WTF, Amazon?

(I don't blame the poor peon who packaged it, they get to watch their family being tortured if they dare fall behind the 9250 packages an hour "Proper Packing Rate" or whatever bullshit they call it, but it's ludicrous that something gets shipped like that. The sound bar's own box offered way more protection than that empty one did.)

Amazon has a computer select the box, the peon just puts it in the allocated box with some packing material. Itís based on product size and truck pack. If the truck leaving has some extra space the algorithm will upsize boxes so they donít slide around.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
1. Re: Evening Tech Bits Aug 1, 2019, 20:53 Nimh

Oh great.. AI ads are all going to be clickbait. Norelco slams facial hair! You wouldnít believe what Colgate is used for..  

722 Comments. 37 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo