Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for fh

Real Name fh   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Nimh
Email Concealed by request
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Jan 17, 2001, 00:28
Total Comments 601 (Apprentice)
User ID 8716

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
9. Re: Morning Metaverse Aug 8, 2018, 14:28 Nimh

The shut down is fake news from a crisis actor.. womp womp and walk away.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Fallout 76 Blowing Off Steam
9. Re: Fallout 76 Cools on Steam Aug 7, 2018, 08:05 Nimh

Apparently Rage 2 and future Bethesda titles will follow this as well. Can't say that I blame them. Steam has been rent-seeking for the past 10 years at this point. Valve's focus is on gambling crates and Lord of the Flies internal jousting.  

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
5. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Aug 4, 2018, 08:38 Nimh

It's within the free speech rights of Comcast to selectively block mentions of 'Mueller' while pushing articles from Fox News and Info Wars. Doesn't seem too far fetched in the current political environment.  

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
3. Re: Evening Metaverse - FIREFOX Jul 31, 2018, 08:01 Nimh

Jonjonz wrote on Jul 31, 2018, 07:37:
Sounds like the suits at Mozilla have taken to vanity projects like this to sink their time into. Execs love this king of thing, there are no brainy engineers to tell them hard facts they can't understand, it is just them and their sycophant marketing droids re-arranging the deck chairs, while the ship goes down.

What's going wrong with Firefox? I'm out of the loop.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
5. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 29, 2018, 19:58 Nimh

Ticks are hardly little buggers.. I'd check the vacuum canister just to make sure there is no movement, or nuke it from orbit, the only way to be sure.  

7. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 26, 2018, 14:29 Nimh

Some friends and I used to cut vines and swing on them as kids. The first few swings were always quite telling if it was going to be a stable and fun vine. I landed on my butt one time with that ominous crack sound coming from above. Several seconds later a branch broke over my head. Luckily it was only 4-5" diameter and a little rotten. It split in half when it hit me, but I can say with certainty that it was the hardest I've even been hit in my life. And to be honest I'm probably luckily that I managed to stumble away with only a concussion.  

News Comments > Saturday Mobilization
9. Re: Saturday Mobilization Jul 22, 2018, 07:37 Nimh

Our family stumbled into Iphones after starting with some seriously dumpster fire Android offerings (early Nexus era). They've been perfect for us and our limited usage. It's nice that they are updated 4-5 years out, and the hardware quality is good.  

News Comments > Rocket League Anniversary Plans
3. Re: Rocket League Anniversary Plans Jul 5, 2018, 09:01 Nimh

theglaze wrote on Jul 4, 2018, 12:55:
Iím surprised these guys havenít introduced a Battle Royale mode...

They're working on it, unlockable Battle Royale crates with exclusive and rare Battle Royale drops.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
1. Re: Morning Metaverse Jun 22, 2018, 14:29 Nimh

Just wait until some finds a bitcoin block etched in a potato chip! Minds blown.  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
3. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jun 19, 2018, 17:23 Nimh

RedEye9 wrote on Jun 19, 2018, 12:34:
Rabbit charger is a fail. Lose one outlet and gain a retractable cord mechanism that's sure to break.

Someone may have thrown a wooden shoe (sabot) into the works at Tesla, I hope they get persecuted to the fullest extent allowed by law.

I need an RGP tooth brush to compliment my RGB pink rubber pencil eraser. The best part of an rgb mouse is covered by the fleshy part of a persons hand.

Musk is an asshole boss with a prosecution complex. I have no idea how he gets the press coverage he gets.

https://www.theatlantic.com/technology/archive/2018/06/elon-musk-sabotage-tesla/563183/

News Comments > Twitch Prime June Freebies
3. Re: Twitch Prime June Freebies Jun 3, 2018, 19:42 Nimh

Is anyone safe from the Amazon under-cut machine?  

News Comments > Elite Dangerous: Beyond Ė Chapter Two This Month
17. Re: Elite Dangerous: Beyond Ė Chapter Two This Month Jun 2, 2018, 13:22 Nimh

Mr. Tact wrote on Jun 2, 2018, 08:08:
Okay, what is this "gold rush" you guys are talking about? Is it a specific event of some kind? Or just another way to talk about the trading stuff? I did the trading exotics thing, decked out a fighter and an explorer. Put a couple of hundred hours into the game -- but I haven't played in probably 1.5 - 2 years now...

The game-play loops are so ridiculously broken that 'gold rushes' are often found and then later patched out. Recent example were skimmer missions. Basically you log in and log out repeatedly at a station taking 'kill the skimmers' missions are one specific location. After you've loaded up on them you take dumb fire missiles, fly to the spot, fire one missile from your space ship (no need to take a rover), and then return and turn in all your missions for credits. I think this one was in the earn 100 million per hour range.

Just a thoroughly broken game.

News Comments > Apple Rejects iOS Steam Link App
10. Re: Apple Rejects iOS Steam Link App May 25, 2018, 08:45 Nimh

Saboth wrote on May 25, 2018, 08:03:
There's been other incidents of Apple not allowing certain books/comics, apps on their store simply based on content. No thanks, I won't have some company regulating what I am allowed to read/view. Apple banned this app because it's basically a storefront where they won't get a 30% cut of the profit.

I never even considered Steam Link via IOS devices, that would have been brilliant. I enjoyed the Shadowrun games on my ipad. Wish there were more like that available.

The timing is interesting considering the recent Steam news on limiting adult content, and then reversing.

Storefront costs being brought up to defend Steam vs. Apple.. Truly hilarious.

News Comments > New GeForce Drivers
5. Re: New GeForce Drivers May 25, 2018, 06:55 Nimh

CJ_Parker wrote on May 24, 2018, 19:03:
Now you need Display.Driver, NVI2, PhysX and the GeForce experience folders (you can still deselect GFE during the setup later

Great tip, thanks. I tried it last night and it worked perfectly.

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
3. Re: Saturday Metaverse May 19, 2018, 15:18 Nimh

Leaked creepy Google video hosted on Youtube.. yeah, so edgy, so leaked.

News Comments > BATTLETECH Released
39. Re: BATTLETECH Released Apr 27, 2018, 12:37 Nimh

Peter M. Smith wrote on Apr 27, 2018, 09:49:
jdreyer wrote on Apr 26, 2018, 14:06:
How did you report that? "Boss, can't come to work today. I have a serious case of Battletechitis."

Technically, I didn't. There was a conference this week, my team lead went, along with my manager, my director, and two of my teammates. I told the other guy who stayed back that I'd probably work from home the next day. He didn't want details, I didn't give them. GI issues can be like that.

Gaming Impulse issues?

News Comments > BATTLETECH Released
12. Re: BATTLETECH Released Apr 25, 2018, 06:54 Nimh

I jumped into it last night a little. The game play, story telling, and art direction is excellent. The 3d graphics are quite janky for a 2018 title.  

13. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 19, 2018, 15:58 Nimh

Cutter wrote on Apr 19, 2018, 15:13:
Slick wrote on Apr 19, 2018, 15:07:
Too much Ibuprophen is bad, but nowhere near as bad as too much Acetaminophen.

The dangers of both of those are they're ototoxic and ibuprofen in particular can really spike your blood pressure dangerously high depending on your genetics. I found that out the hard way. I was prescribed prescription strength ibuprofen once for pain and it was pushing my BP over 200. So I got yanked off that PDQ. If you have to take those or aspirin always do so sparingly and as minimally as possible.

You have high blood pressure all the time. Not even a doctor and I can tell you that.

2. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 19, 2018, 10:58 Nimh

There was an Army study a while ago on expired meds., they concluded that medications still worked well past the expiration date, but sometimes with slightly lowered efficacy.

This cold season was rough. Our toddler made sure to bring it all home between November and December, and it laid me out for a solid two months of various sniffle/cough/hack/fever fun. It all promptly started the weekend after our family flu shots.

News Comments > Watch Dogs 3 Plans Revealed?
6. Re: Watch Dogs 3 Plans Revealed? Apr 16, 2018, 14:26 Nimh

It's popcorn gaming; not much too it but entertaining for a few days.  

601 Comments. 31 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo