Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for F. H.

Real Name F. H.   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Nimh
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Jan 17, 2001, 00:28
Total Comments 547 (Apprentice)
User ID 8716

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Loot Boxes Under Fire
42. Re: Loot Boxes Under Fire Nov 22, 2017, 15:37 Nimh

On the plus side, if loot box revenue goes away, Valve might actually need to make games again.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
7. Re: Morning Safety Dance Nov 9, 2017, 10:43 Nimh

Creston wrote on Nov 8, 2017, 12:47:
You can opt out of it fairly easily, actually. Don't use Facebook.

Read much?

Facebook's shadow profiles are involuntary and there's no opt-out. Facebook has shadow profiles on people who don't use the service. For example, even though I'm not a Facebook user, multiple people have uploaded their address books containing my email and phone number to the system, allowing Facebook to create a profile of my contacts by looking at who lists me as a contact.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
1. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Oct 26, 2017, 11:16 Nimh

The Gambling Commission has strong powers to regulate gambling and is monitoring convergence between gambling and video games closely.

It's about time, thanks for this. Look forward to this in North America soon.

EDIT: Upon more reading.. we still have a long way to go. Valve, et al, are threading a needle to stay off the radar of certain regulators. Bizarre that money in your Steam wallet is not considered something of 'legal value', only so much as it can't be redeemed for real-world cash. They're more than happy to take your money for a chance to win.

This comment was edited on Oct 26, 2017, 11:46.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
3. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 23, 2017, 13:04 Nimh

68.F in Quebec right now.. nothing below freezing in the forecast, and no killing frost yet either. Not to mention the leaves are still turning. Quite bizarre for this latitude.  

News Comments > Op Ed
3. Re: Op Ed Oct 16, 2017, 10:37 Nimh

Primalchrome wrote on Oct 16, 2017, 10:27:
....this seems odd. I don't know of anyone that doesn't understand that Loot Boxes are a form of gambling.

And most states/countries, since gambling is often either straight up illegal or heavily regulated.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
2. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Oct 13, 2017, 11:40 Nimh

Creston wrote on Oct 13, 2017, 11:06:
Thanks Twitter.

Twitter’s briefing to the Senate intelligence committee Sept. 28 infuriated its ranking Democrat, Sen. Mark Warner, who said the company failed to grasp the seriousness of the congressional investigation

Lol. They grasp it just fine, Senate critter. They just don't give a shit, because for all your grandstanding, you never DO anything to companies that flatout tell you to go fuck yourself.

Click bait and outrage journalism is one of the core principles of user experience and retention. Don't expect Silicon Valley to give up that golden goose anytime soon.

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
3. Re: Morning Tech Bits Oct 5, 2017, 07:15 Nimh

Mordecai Walfish wrote on Oct 5, 2017, 04:03:
Pixel might have been a decent choice if it hadn't been for the lack of a headphone jack. Silicon Valley's apparent disconnect from the reality of a good portion of the rest of the world is starkly evident through choices like this.

Google/Facebook/Apple/Microsoft.. the 21st century robber barons.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
4. Re: Morning Tech Bits Oct 4, 2017, 13:48 Nimh

F*** everything Autodesk. They slice up all their products into nitches, lock down the format, and then insure that no other product overlaps features and/or exports to a different product. You want a new something in product X? Sorry, you need to purchase product Y.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
4. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 29, 2017, 12:50 Nimh

Being drunk in a canoe in Canada has a long history. Are they trying to tempt the devil? La chasse-galerie  

News Comments > Intel's "Best Gaming Processor Ever"
45. Re: Intel's Sep 26, 2017, 07:49 Nimh

And here I am still happily using my 6 core X5675 @ 4.2Ghz. (a bit of a power hog by today's standard, but plenty fast.)  

News Comments > Divinity: Original Sin 2 Trailer
12. Re: Divinity: Original Sin 2 Trailer Sep 14, 2017, 07:45 Nimh

HorrorScope wrote on Sep 13, 2017, 22:11:
Same, like Larian a lot, but they usually need a little extra work on release to shore things up and like Cd Project... they'll keep working on it to the point there is an advanced version. Similar approaches.

They've been in early access for about a year. From what I've read the launch day changes will incorporate a lot of the balance fixes. (not saying that they will not continue working on the game, just that it should be in pretty good shape later today)

News Comments > Divinity: Original Sin 2 Combat Trailer
14. Re: Divinity: Original Sin 2 Combat Trailer Sep 11, 2017, 14:26 Nimh

Dentorro wrote on Sep 11, 2017, 07:30:
I never got far in the first game, once I arrived in the first? city I was stuck running around talking to people to try and get some quests sorted, if you wandered outside the walls you got smashed to pieces without any chance of winning by some mobs 4-5 lvl's higher then you.

Got bored and quit the game, maybe it just starts slow or I missed something.

I had a similar experience at first. I ended up finding a color coded map online that told you what area to be in and at what level. That eliminated my frustration. There were still some pretty hard boss fights though.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
3. Re: Morning Metaverse Aug 30, 2017, 14:44 Nimh

Slashdot has really become a libertarian circle jerk.. I know it's been that way for quite some time, just seems worse these days.  

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
2. Re: Morning Mobilization Aug 28, 2017, 12:19 Nimh

Ozmodan wrote on Aug 28, 2017, 10:23:
Wearables are such a joke. The technology is just not there yet.

They are nice for interval training and tracking with a HR monitor. If you are using it just for email notifications, whatever, then they are not worth it.

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. Aug 23, 2017, 10:38 Nimh

Does Blizzard have a PR firm that releases "controversies" every time they have an update coming out? Just something to get multiple days of press exposure?  

News Comments > Battlefield 1 Revolution and Battlefield 1 Incursions Announced
5. Re: Battlefield 1 Revolution and Battlefield 1 Incursions Announced Aug 22, 2017, 09:08 Nimh

eRe4s3r wrote on Aug 22, 2017, 08:35:
Nimh wrote on Aug 22, 2017, 08:21:
Yeah.. DLC maps. Guaranteed way to kill off a game. I suppose they will announce the next BF installment soon and everyone will lose their minds.

Pretty sure that map will be "free" in a month or so, but yeah, not helping the dwindling population that's for damn sure. I haven't started the game in a month now... just can't bring myself to do it... oh well. More space on my SSD I guess...

Does the general population have the other new maps now? I stopped 1-2 months ago also. Last I played it was just 10 star Hellriegels and shotguns running in a circle on Fort Vaux. It would be nice to have a more varied, non-meta, server population on the new maps.

Truly enjoy the game, but it was starting to feel like work (which is usually when I stop playing something)

News Comments > Battlefield 1 Revolution and Battlefield 1 Incursions Announced
2. Re: Battlefield 1 Revolution and Battlefield 1 Incursions Announced Aug 22, 2017, 08:21 Nimh

Yeah.. DLC maps. Guaranteed way to kill off a game. I suppose they will announce the next BF installment soon and everyone will lose their minds.  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
9. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 13, 2017, 16:41 Nimh

Streamers are a new and special douche bag demographic in online gaming. Aside from the little cliques they run, I don't think many people have much sympathy for them. Run on a delay if you're worried someone is going to ruin your pub stomp.

News Comments > Overwatch Getting Deathmatch
10. Re: Overwatch Getting Deathmatch Aug 11, 2017, 08:55 Nimh

eRe4s3r wrote on Aug 10, 2017, 19:53:
This is a really strange decision.... why not add some story mode or persistent PvE mode instead?

It's low hanging fruit and it works really well with the Stack-maker algorithm.

This comment was edited on Aug 11, 2017, 09:34.

News Comments > etc.
2. Re: etc. Jul 28, 2017, 12:44 Nimh

Damn those spreadsheet griefers griefing griefers!  

547 Comments. 28 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo