Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter
User information for Joe Meadows

Real Name Joe Meadows   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Gojo
Email Concealed by request
Description Avid Tribes player.
Homepage None given.
Signed On Jan 16, 2001, 23:41
Total Comments 165 (Novice)
User ID 8715

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ] Older >

News Comments > Get Yooka-Laylee and the Impossible Lair for Free

23. Trifecta Jan 1, 2020, 12:25 Gojo

InTIMidator wrote on Jan 1, 2020, 11:37:
RedEye9 wrote on Jan 1, 2020, 10:14:
Damnit man, itís a trifecta
https://www.epicgames.com/store/en-US/product/darksiders/home

https://www.epicgames.com/store/en-US/product/darksiders2/home

https://www.epicgames.com/store/en-US/product/steep/home

I'll just leave this here: https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/trifecta

His usage was correct, so I'll just leave this here (check the examples of usage)
https://www.dictionary.com/browse/trifecta

=-Gojo-=
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Star Citizen Free-Fly Event Underway

3. Re: Star Citizen Free-Fly Event Underway Nov 24, 2019, 12:36 Gojo

Sempai wrote on Nov 24, 2019, 12:05:
I have a close friend who is in SO deep on this fucking game.. To the tune of 2-3 grand now..on those silly goddamn ships they keep promising.

It feels like a cult honestly..
I have a buddy who splurged and built a extreme gaming rig to play this... 4 years ago.

=-Gojo-=

News Comments > Out of the Blue

14. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 15, 2019, 14:20 Gojo

Tipsy McStagger wrote on Oct 15, 2019, 11:55:
You linked a comic.
Yeah, a comic that breaks down the science so it's easy to understand with sources, but if that's not good enough how about Nasa: https://climate.nasa.gov/

Tipsy McStagger wrote on Oct 15, 2019, 13:21:
Thanks for putting words in my mouth. I've said none of that.
No but you're sticking to the script of people who deny the science on this subject. The clear consensus of climate scientists is that the climate is changing at an alarming rate and we're responsible for it: https://climate.nasa.gov/scientific-consensus/
To deny this fact you must realize you are going against the expert consensus, which is denying the science.

=-Gojo-=

9. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 21, 2019, 19:01 Gojo

jdreyer wrote on Aug 21, 2019, 17:24:
The Spiderman movies are great, but if Disney had owned the IP, Into the Spideyverse wouldn't exist. And that would be a real shame.
That's a great point that I hadn't considered. Maybe this isn't a disaster for the fans after all.

Mr. Tact wrote on Aug 21, 2019, 18:14:
There has been a great Spiderman movie? I must have missed it. Everyone I have seen has been pretty *meh*... not terrible but particularly impressive in any way...
Spideyverse as previously stated, but for non-animated I would put forward that Captain America: Civil War is the best Spiderman movie. "Underoos!"

=-Gojo-=

News Comments > G2A Proposes Key-Blocking Tool

15. Re: G2A Proposes Key-Blocking Tool Jul 12, 2019, 19:26 Gojo

Cutter wrote on Jul 12, 2019, 11:36:
...otherwise fuckoff and quit whinging'.
..."Well, what do you believe in, Wade? I'm guessing shotguns and big titties." - Max
+2 nerd cred for using "Whinging" and the awesome quote from The Losers.

"At most--at most that was a "break his fingers" nod. (slams his fist)I mean Jesus, Wade, the man was scientific genius. Granted his weight signaled that he had certain impulse control issues, but that's no reason to throw his fat ass out a fifty story window." -Max

=-Gojo-=

3. Re: Deadpool 3 Jul 5, 2019, 15:24 Gojo

Bill Borre wrote on Jul 5, 2019, 11:15:
The comments are claiming that is actually a scene from Deadpool 2.
That's because it IS a scene from Deadpool 2, just a slimy channel going for views.

=-Gojo-=

News Comments > Morning Metaverse

1. Videos of organs being harvested from living children are big on Facebook now. Jun 19, 2019, 10:45 Gojo

What. The. Fuck.
I've been on the interwebs since the early 90's and have seen all kinds of depravity. Goatse, tub girl, 2 girls 1 cup, and even the infrequent foray to liveleak. I know there's worse stuff out there, but this... holy shit! Just reading this is going to mess with me for years when I'm drifting off to sleep. Yeesh.

=-Gojo-=

News Comments > Evening Mobilization

2. Re: Evening Mobilization Jun 8, 2019, 10:22 Gojo

Used it this past week during a long road trip. It also lists the speed limit which is cool. The app is mega slow now however, and had several bugs which required a phone reboot to fix (which caused a missed exit.) Overall I hated it due to the slow performance and bugs.  

=-Gojo-=

News Comments > Memorial Day Tech Bits

2. G-SYNC Compatible Testing, Phase 1 Complete: Only 5% of Adaptive-Sync Monitors Made The Cut. May 27, 2019, 20:15 Gojo

Pardon me if I don't trust Nvida to be impartial here...  

=-Gojo-=

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse

11. Re: Saturday Metaverse May 12, 2019, 10:24 Gojo

Cutter wrote on May 11, 2019, 16:28:
Lol, Cons conned by Conman. No surprises there.
It's more like suckers getting suckered again. Kolfage uses a lot of Trump rhetoric to keep milking them. Probably a lot of older people terrified of the hordes of 'terrorists' flooding our boarder.
I'm surprised we're not seeing more con-men taking advantage of this.

=-Gojo-=

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs

2. Re: lock him up lock him up lock him up May 10, 2019, 20:04 Gojo

Wait, doesn't 'pedo' just mean child?  

=-Gojo-=

News Comments > Sunday Metaverse

7. Re: Sunday Metaverse Mar 24, 2019, 17:11 Gojo

Multiple gaming clients for the games I want are an inconvenience. Multiple streaming services for the content I want are both an inconvenience AND cost me money. That's worse to me.  

=-Gojo-=

13. Re: Morning Metaverse Mar 5, 2019, 17:12 Gojo

Nullity wrote on Mar 5, 2019, 17:02:
But even if all that content was available (which it's not), that's only the on demand stuff. None of the live TV stuff has any way of avoiding ads.

True, but it was surprisingly easy to give up live TV. Most if not all the shows I want to see will eventually be on one of my services. If not, you can always buy it. Also, I'm not a sports fan (except MMA) so this helped for sure.
Oh I should have included YouTube Premium, I watch more youtube than the other services combined.

=-Gojo-=

11. Re: Morning Metaverse Mar 5, 2019, 16:54 Gojo

What are these ad's you're referring to?
Netflix - ad-free
Hulu - ad-free
Amazon Prime - ad-free
DC Universe - ad-free (Doom Patrol is the shit)
Stars - ad-free
HBO - ad-free (sort of, they have commercials for their other content which irks me but you can skip em)

Any shows I don't get currently (like AMC's preacher) I just wait until it's on one of my services. No commercials ever.

=-Gojo-=

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits

4. Re: Morning Tech Bits Feb 18, 2019, 16:42 Gojo

52% believe smartphone companies deliberately slow down existing phone models when a new model is released.

Is this really considered a Myth? Not everyone is buying Apple's "prolong the device life" excuse. There are still lawsuits (of course) and they did lower the battery cost by 63% as an apology.

A quick google didn't find anything definitive but I could be missing something.

=-Gojo-=

6. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 12, 2019, 14:33 Gojo

VaranDragon wrote on Feb 12, 2019, 14:12:
While they are decent showrunners, they had GREAT material to work with. At least with Game of Thrones.
Not to mention plenty of input from the creator for most of the shows run. It took a hit in quality the last few seasons as GRRM had less and less influence IMO.

=-Gojo-=

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits

6. Elon Musk- To avoid becoming like monkeys, humans must merge with machines Nov 27, 2018, 10:34 Gojo

With CRISPR I think we'll improve ourselves genetically before we merge with machines. Or perhaps a combination of both?

=-Gojo-=

15. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 13, 2018, 19:16 Gojo

Burrito of Peace wrote on Nov 13, 2018, 13:03:
I feel like the odd man out. Comics never really did it for me growing up. While my peers were sometimes enthusing about Batman or Spiderman, I was reading Howard, Heinlein, Asimov, Varley, Smith (both of them), and other books. My whole family are "readers" so that probably helped canalize my literature habits from an early age.
Why not both? I was an avid book and comic reader since I could read. Loved Howard's Conan in both novel and comic form.

=-Gojo-=

News Comments > Op Ed

9. Re: Op Ed Nov 5, 2018, 14:52 Gojo

One of the Dev's blamed the Donald: http://archive.is/7Cvfu
(thanks Imgur)

=-Gojo-=

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits

16. Re: GeForce Experience 3.0 Released Sep 5, 2018, 13:35 Gojo

YourNick wrote on Sep 5, 2018, 12:18:
Did I ever declare with absolute certainty which definition was intended? Apologize for what?

Excellent example of how some folks just can't admit they're wrong. I wanted to believe in the almighty Musky too, but he's just a human.

I work in the IT company of a fortune 500 company and have co-workers (IT developers) who are young earth creationists and are convinced Trump is just what we need. These folks are very intelligent and good at their jobs.

It's scary how easily we can deceive ourselves and why healthy skepticism is so important.

Edit: Anyone know why my 'Subject' never changes when I post? I have no idea how it populated with "GeForce Experience 3.0 ReleasedRe: Morning Tech Bits"

This comment was edited on Sep 5, 2018, 13:54.

=-Gojo-=

165 Comments. 9 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ] Older >