Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for sauron

Real Name sauron   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description God of death, destruction and decay. Likes fluffy kittens.
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 15, 2001, 03:31
Total Comments 1813 (Pro)
User ID 8692

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
31. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 13, 2016, 16:47 sauron

Here at Barad-Dur, we have a sponsorship deal with Samsung. The orcs love the battery life and speed of the S7.

Plus, it can be used as a grenade if the going gets tough.

Kittens!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

1. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 12, 2016, 12:15 sauron

I agree Blue, I was living downtown on 27th St in NYC on 9/11/01. Bad news all around.

I was actually at the World Trade Center yesterday, dropping off a friend at the PATH train. Didn't think it would bring back as many memories as it did, for sure.

And sorry for your loss, man. Losing a parent is awful, and their absence never seems to get easier.

Kittens!

News Comments > Shadow Warrior 2 Video
9. Re: Shadow Warrior 2 Video Sep 12, 2016, 12:10 sauron

...gameplay from the marital arts shooter sequel...

Hmmm, this quote makes me think of Mrs. Sauron...

Kittens!

10. Re: Terminator 2 Remake w/ Joseph Baena. Sep 7, 2016, 15:54 sauron

VaranDragon wrote on Sep 7, 2016, 13:40:
jdreyer wrote on Sep 7, 2016, 13:31:
VaranDragon wrote on Sep 7, 2016, 11:50:
Just finished Deus Ex Mankind Divided. Seriously, the ending sucked balls. Felt like the game ended about 3/4 of the way through. Also the credits roll on for about 15 minutes and there is no way to stop them other than to CTRL+ALT+DEL and force the program to shut down...I mean they roll on so long that the ending "theme" song loops about 3 times...

We're proud of our work! You WILL watch every name who built this best game in history!

Yeah, and I even wouldn't mind that so much if the ending was a satisfying conclusion to the story. But damn, its like (without spoilers) thats it? For fuck's sake they even got Adam Jensen griping about not being done with anything in the last cutscene, and if that's not the height of irony I don't know what is...

I haven't even finished Deus Ex: Human Revolution - got it on the hard drive right now, in fact. Please tell me the ending to that one is better...

Kittens!

News Comments > Red Dead Redemption PC Rumors Resurface
22. Re: Red Dead Redemption PC Rumors Resurface Sep 6, 2016, 12:05 sauron

If this comes out on PC I am definitely getting it.  

Kittens!

News Comments > NVIDIA's Fallout 4 Mod
30. Re: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Season Pass Details Sep 1, 2016, 16:37 sauron

Quinn wrote on Sep 1, 2016, 15:58:
sauron wrote on Sep 1, 2016, 13:48:
Task wrote on Sep 1, 2016, 11:22:
Xero wrote on Aug 31, 2016, 22:44:
Worth buying the game for this?

Lol Hell Naaaaaah. The game looks like ass anyways on Beth's Ancient DerpBryo Engine. Besides no amount of volumetric lighting can make the shit gameplay, dialogue, quests, or c&c better. I always find stuff like this funny, "Oh wow, maybe if I install this ENB or shiny grafix, the game will be more palatable." I guess, these games being walking sims with deep "stuff" to look at is enough.

I'm kinda on the fence about it, after playing for around 50 hours. It's fun, but shallow and I find I'm starting to lose interest. Not so much due to the graphics or the RPG-lite gameplay, but more due to the fact that (spoilers ahead): I can't understand the motivation of the Institute. Why are they so intent on replacing people with synths?

Overall, I think it's decent, but I enjoyed Skyrim a lot more and am enjoying Witcher 3 a hell of a lot more.

I can't remember the details, but I do know they had the science and technology to "fix" the world. I was all for them. The choices I was able to make really echoed my own feelings. That, I liked.

But yeah, for me F4 is utterly overshadowed by Skyrim. When I played F4, it felt like an underwhelming F3 expansion. Skyrim was something new entirely.

In fact, I'm almost irrationally excited about the prospect of another Skyrim playthrough once the Special Edition comes out. Maybe this time I finally get myself to finish Dawnguard, as well.

I enjoyed Dawnguard, but thought Dragonborn was better. It really took me back to Morrowind, which was not a bad thing at all.

I'm actually pretty interested in Enderal, the new Skyrim TC. But that will have to wait until I finish Witcher 3, I think - I've been putting off finishing that one for far too long and it's way too good for me to do so any longer.

Kittens!

News Comments > NVIDIA's Fallout 4 Mod
27. Re: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Season Pass Details Sep 1, 2016, 13:48 sauron

Task wrote on Sep 1, 2016, 11:22:
Xero wrote on Aug 31, 2016, 22:44:
Worth buying the game for this?

Lol Hell Naaaaaah. The game looks like ass anyways on Beth's Ancient DerpBryo Engine. Besides no amount of volumetric lighting can make the shit gameplay, dialogue, quests, or c&c better. I always find stuff like this funny, "Oh wow, maybe if I install this ENB or shiny grafix, the game will be more palatable." I guess, these games being walking sims with deep "stuff" to look at is enough.

I'm kinda on the fence about it, after playing for around 50 hours. It's fun, but shallow and I find I'm starting to lose interest. Not so much due to the graphics or the RPG-lite gameplay, but more due to the fact that (spoilers ahead): I can't understand the motivation of the Institute. Why are they so intent on replacing people with synths?

Overall, I think it's decent, but I enjoyed Skyrim a lot more and am enjoying Witcher 3 a hell of a lot more.

Kittens!

10. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 16, 2016, 16:29 sauron

RedEye9 wrote on Aug 16, 2016, 11:17:
Pooh on the deep vent hypothesis.

I find it hard to believe that we are not descended from primordial pond scum.

The orcs here in Barad-Dur are actually pond scum, slightly genetically modified by yours truly.

It all works fine, just don't try to have a conversation with them that involves words of more than one syllable.

Kittens!

News Comments > Final Fantasy XV Delayed
3. Re: Final Fantasy XV Delayed Aug 15, 2016, 11:35 sauron

Much better to get it right before it goes out the door. Hopefully FFXIV taught them that.  

Kittens!

News Comments > Steam Top 10
15. Re: Steam Top 10 Jul 31, 2016, 18:21 sauron

Tachikoma wrote on Jul 31, 2016, 16:20:
RedEye9 wrote on Jul 31, 2016, 12:43:
Yeah for pre-chaser's, that might be the only sales No Man's Sky gets.
Cutter wrote on Jul 31, 2016, 12:49:
Really? No Man's Florp is #1?

I`m really looking forward to the mental gymnastics the Boo Camp will have to go through to produce some excuses when this game refuses to flop (something that looks more and more likely every day).

What`s it gonna be lads? Gimme a taste already

I might give it a shot, but only after the reviews are in.

Kittens!

9. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 28, 2016, 11:06 sauron

Blue wrote on Jul 28, 2016, 09:36:
RedEye9 wrote on Jul 28, 2016, 09:29:
For $15 sans fries the burger had better be good. Anyplace with tartare on the menu should know how to handle their meat.
I get turned off by the places that think the bigger the patty the better the burger and frequently it's the opposite.

Saddly, eating out is sometimes like the lottery, glad you found a winner.

Burger did come with fries, even though the menu doesn't mention it. It was a 7oz patty, which is large but manageable (I make 8oz patties myself). It may seem overpriced to an out-of-towner, but that price isn't out of line for a large burger in a fancy Manhattan restaurant.

The burgers at Harlem Shake are pretty good, Blue. It's at 124th and Lenox if you ever get the chance.

Kittens!

News Comments > PC Gears of War 4 Details
11. Re: PC Gears of War 4 Details Jul 25, 2016, 12:07 sauron

Desalus wrote on Jul 25, 2016, 11:24:

Only the first one was released on the PC (twice actually). The first time it was a year after the 360 release and it required Games for Windows Live for online play.

Games for Windows Live. That phrase has the same effect on me as garlic, holy water and doing my taxes. A big black hole sucking all the fun out of the universe.

Memories like that are why I no longer buy Microsoft games, ever.

Kittens!

5. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 25, 2016, 11:54 sauron

I finished my antibiotics on Friday, and am pretty confident that the last of my Lyme symptoms are gone.

Congrats! I didn't know you had gone for a re-test, but it was definitely a good idea. Lyme is well known for throwing up false negatives. A friend of mine had to be retested as well and the second one came up positive.

Anyhow, glad you're feeling better. Now get back to work!

Kittens!

News Comments > New NVIDIA TITAN X Announced
31. Re: New NVIDIA TITAN X Announced Jul 22, 2016, 22:28 sauron

Saboth wrote on Jul 22, 2016, 15:45:
HorrorScope wrote on Jul 22, 2016, 15:25:
AmericanWulf wrote on Jul 22, 2016, 11:59:
MacLeod wrote on Jul 22, 2016, 11:42:
Can someone actually explain the Titan to me? I don't get it.

According to videocardbenchmark, the TitanX has a lower G3D Mark score than the 980ti, but is over 3x the cost.

the titan series of cards are geared more for the content creators, the graphic artist, or the power needed for graphical rendering. It is really not marketed nor designed as the ultimate gaming/gamer card, never has been.

Right here right now it is being marketed as the Ultimate with no boundaries attached.

Yes this isn't a bargain card, it's a BMW... my Corolla can hit the speed limit, keep me cool and do well at the pump. But some just want more even if it doesn't make price/performance sense, news at 11.

I think it's more like taking a 455 hp, $60,000 Corvette, fiddling with the computer, giving it 546 hp, then charging $120,000.

Amen to that. My GTX970s will foot the bill for now. Once a killer app arrives, I guess I'll send the orcs over to NVidia, and we will come to an arrangement to 'liberate' a few units for the benefit of the 'good' folks of Barad-Dur.

It would be a tad less embarrassing if the orcs would use these cards for real games. But their favorites seem to be The Sims 4, and BeJeweled. So sad.

Kittens!

News Comments > Star Wars: The Old Republic Announces New Expansion & Free Trial
9. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Announces New Expansion & Free Trial Jul 18, 2016, 13:08 sauron

JeffD wrote on Jul 17, 2016, 23:55:
The only thing I dont like is it looks like the new and last expansion content are sub/pay only, which means you won't get much end game access under the free plan.

Swotr is not an ideal free to play game. Rift does it much better. Guild wars 2 also ponied up alot of content to do under its free to play account which is everything before the new expansion. Ie it is a ton of stuff.

I'll second the GW2 recommendation (I haven't played SWTOR). GW2 gives you a TON of content once you buy the original game, with no subscription, and the leveling process is really a lot of fun.

Kittens!

News Comments > Fallout Shelter for PC Released
21. Re: Fallout Shelter for PC Released Jul 15, 2016, 10:05 sauron

Nevermind this, I'm just now getting into Fallout 4. Really impressed, even though they removed a lot of the RP from the G. The atmosphere and crafting are terrific, and even the combat feels good.  

Kittens!

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront Offline Mode Next Week; Death Star in September
17. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Offline Mode Next Week; Death Star in September Jul 15, 2016, 10:02 sauron

Rigs wrote on Jul 14, 2016, 17:16:
Tyrric wrote on Jul 14, 2016, 17:09:
two new heroes including one larger-than-life character we know you've been patiently waiting for

Jabba?

I'm pretty sure it's Chewy...

=-Rigs-=

It's Jar-Jar Binks!

I'd buy Battlefront just for the opportunity to shoot Jar-Jar. He really was that annoying.

Kittens!

News Comments > Splinter Cell for Free
3. Re: Splinter Cell for Free Jul 13, 2016, 12:26 sauron

Jivaro wrote on Jul 13, 2016, 12:21:
Numinar wrote on Jul 13, 2016, 10:53:
Oh awesome, it's been a decade or more since I gave this a whirl. Great game.

I never played it. Somehow this ended up on the "I will get to that later" list....and than I never got back to it. Same thing with Sands of Time. These two giveaways are perfect.

Same here. I just picked this up for free and got Sands of Time last month as well. Never played either of them when they were released, but always meant to. Really good.

Kittens!

News Comments > System Shock Remake Funded
26. Re: System Shock Remake Funded Jul 11, 2016, 16:14 sauron

I'll be buying this. Although it may have to wait until I finish Fallout 4, Witcher 3 AND Enderal (the Skyrim TC). And maybe The Talos Principle. So many good games.  

Kittens!

15. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 11, 2016, 16:10 sauron

The Half Elf wrote on Jul 11, 2016, 15:06:
Creston wrote on Jul 11, 2016, 14:47:
Beamer wrote on Jul 11, 2016, 14:25:
Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Jul 11, 2016, 10:20:
Killer Kane wrote on Jul 11, 2016, 10:17:
That 7/11 site gave me cancer

Enjoy the 'snapchat' generation.

People say that as if we're not the generation that gave us Angelfire/Geocities sites, The Hampster Dance, Hello My Future Girlfriend, and Tom Green movies.

ALL OF WHICH WERE AWESOME!!!

Admit it, Beamer, you just secretly yearn to be a Millenial.

*takes away all of Creston's Space Sims*

BAD CRESTON! TIME OUT IN THE CORNER UNTIL RED DEAD REDEMPTION COMES OUT ON PC!

That Red Dead Redemption never came out on PC is a crime. If RDR2 doesn't include PC, I'm giving the orcs beans for dinner then sending them over to Rockstar.

They can deal with the consequences.

Kittens!

1813 Comments. 91 pages. Viewing page 5.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo