Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for sauron

Real Name sauron   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description God of death, destruction and decay. Likes fluffy kittens.
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 15, 2001, 03:31
Total Comments 1745 (Pro)
User ID 8692

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
2. Re: Morning Tech Bits May 25, 2016, 12:52 sauron

Also, as the article mentions, is it really worth upgrading if it just allows you to play your favorite game at 200fps instead of 90fps?

I don't see any reason to switch for anyone who is not heavily into VR and/or 4K gaming.

Kittens!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Overwatch Launches
23. Re: Overwatch Launches May 24, 2016, 11:14 sauron

Quinn wrote on May 24, 2016, 10:57:
sauron wrote on May 24, 2016, 08:36:
Trevellian wrote on May 24, 2016, 07:48:
That combo is easily fucking handled by a Tracer Ult, Pharah, hell even a decent Junkrat would look at that combo as candy.

No offense, but is the cursing really necessary at 7:48am? You can make your point without looking like a 13 year old.

Does that word hurt your feelings? And if so, why do you think that is?

No, but it turned what could have bene an interesting post into whiny nasal pre-teen mallrat. Didn't you notice? If not, why not?

Kittens!

News Comments > Out of the Blue
4. Re: Out of the Blue May 24, 2016, 10:54 sauron

I am letting the idea of getting Lasik surgery bounce around my mind a bit, though I think in the end I'm just too much of a coward to do it.

I have a friend who had Lasik about 10 years ago, and she says it was the best decision she ever took. Game-changer in her case, apparently, although I guess YMMV.

Kittens!

17. Re: Overwatch Launches May 24, 2016, 08:59 sauron

CJ_Parker wrote on May 24, 2016, 08:58:
sauron wrote on May 24, 2016, 08:36:
That combo is easily fucking handled by a Tracer Ult, Pharah, hell even a decent Junkrat would look at that combo as candy.

No offense, but is the cursing really necessary at 7:48am? You can make your point without looking like a 13 year old.

What the fucking fuck is wrong with fucking 7:48AM?

LOL! Made my morning.

Kittens!

15. Re: Overwatch Launches May 24, 2016, 08:36 sauron

Kittens!

News Comments > Evening Patches
9. Re: Evening Patches May 19, 2016, 13:46 sauron

CJ_Parker wrote on May 19, 2016, 13:29:
sauron wrote on May 19, 2016, 09:55:
eRe4s3r wrote on May 19, 2016, 09:19:
NetHead wrote on May 19, 2016, 08:51:
eRe4s3r wrote on May 19, 2016, 06:43:
Drayth wrote on May 18, 2016, 23:29:
Big Throne of Bhaal spoiler with no warning in the patch notes.

Isn't a spoiler if you beat the game a few times...

So a spoiler isn't a spoiler if you already know, never would have guessed...

Yeah, but that spoiler isn't really a spoiler which you'd know if you had read it. The loot transition issue between SoA and ToB is a bug that was not in the original game to begin with. And aside that, all it tells you is that there is an end-fight..

Edit: Or they had already changed it by the time I read it.

This is all fine, but the 800lb Cave Troll in the room is why after remaking BG1 and BG2, these developers made Siege of Dragonspear (which sucks), in preference to remaking Planescape Torment, which would have been awesomecake with awesomesauce and frosting. It would have sold a bucketload of copies and earned them a ton of goodwill from RPG fans. Just doesn't make sense.

Dude, they haven't "remade" the BGs and Icewind Dale 1. These are just enhanced editions. Still the same shitty engine with a bit of modding and some new content thrown in for good measure.

And the reasons they have not (yet) looked into EEs of Icewind Dale 2 and PST are technical. The Infinity engine of those games has been heavily modified compared to the BGs and Icewind Dale 1.

BG is definitely the much more popular franchise so it actually made fucktons of sense to focus on EEs of BG and Icewind Dale.
But who knows? Maybe we'll get EEs of PST and IwD 2 after they are done fully patching up the BGs, SoD and IwD 1 but they have a pretty long term plan to keep enhancing these games so I would not bet on it happening anytime soon.

Yes, to be honest I just want to be able to replay PS:T on my Android pad. I have all of the original games on PC from when they originally came out on CD, and most of them from GOG too, plus the widescreen/resolution mods. But they never get old, and playing them on the bus/train/subway is really liberating.

Kittens!

7. Re: Evening Patches May 19, 2016, 12:26 sauron

HorrorScope wrote on May 19, 2016, 11:58:
sauron wrote on May 19, 2016, 09:55:
This is all fine, but the 800lb Cave Troll in the room is why after remaking BG1 and BG2, these developers made Siege of Dragonspear (which sucks), in preference to remaking Planescape Torment, which would have been awesomecake with awesomesauce and frosting. It would have sold a bucketload of copies and earned them a ton of goodwill from RPG fans. Just doesn't make sense.

I don't see that as a reasonable question at all.

Really? You don't think it odd that they revamped all the games in the series except the one that is most highly regarded? And instead made a sequel that wasn't well reviewed and has been criticized by fans?

Well, I guess we're all different. Nevermind. To each his/her own.

Kittens!

5. Re: Evening Patches May 19, 2016, 09:55 sauron

eRe4s3r wrote on May 19, 2016, 09:19:
NetHead wrote on May 19, 2016, 08:51:
eRe4s3r wrote on May 19, 2016, 06:43:
Drayth wrote on May 18, 2016, 23:29:
Big Throne of Bhaal spoiler with no warning in the patch notes.

Isn't a spoiler if you beat the game a few times...

So a spoiler isn't a spoiler if you already know, never would have guessed...

Yeah, but that spoiler isn't really a spoiler which you'd know if you had read it. The loot transition issue between SoA and ToB is a bug that was not in the original game to begin with. And aside that, all it tells you is that there is an end-fight..

Edit: Or they had already changed it by the time I read it.

By the way, here in Barad-Dur, there really is an 800lb Cave Troll in the room. Just so you know.

Kittens!

News Comments > Sword Coast Legends: Rage of Demons DLC Released
9. Re: Sword Coast Legends: Rage of Demons DLC Released May 19, 2016, 09:48 sauron

Darks wrote on May 19, 2016, 09:36:
UttiniDaKilrJawa wrote on May 19, 2016, 00:27:
Didnt the devs that made this go out of business?

Developer is gone, but not the publisher.

Darks, I suspect that like me, you may be a long-time fan of tabletop RPGs, especially D&D, so I can probably ask this question. Is it just me or are the latest round of D&D scenarios from WotC a bit predictable? I did enjoy Out of the Abyss, and felt it has been the best of the bunch recently, but even so, it still doesn't seem quite as good as Paizo's Savage Tide adventure path.

In general, if I compare Wotc adventures for 4e (and to a lesser extent 5e), to Paizo's adventure paths for Pathfinder, it seems to me that the latter are almost always better. Would you agree?

Even though 5e is the best version of D&D for a while, the next big tabletop purchase for me will be the hardcover reissue of the Curse of the Crimson Throne adventure path, again for Pathfinder. And maybe some of the revamped Runequest campaigns, from Chaosium.

Kittens!

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
1. Re: Morning Consolidation May 18, 2016, 11:57 sauron

As previously reported, Batman: Arkham Oranges, which was not developed by franchise founder Rocksteady, has been omitted.

/facepalm...

Kittens!

3. Re: Morning Tech Bits May 18, 2016, 11:03 sauron

RedEye9 wrote on May 18, 2016, 10:53:
sauron wrote on May 18, 2016, 10:44:
I'm not a techie, but those 1070 specs don't look bad to me at all. And $379 is not out of range for a lot of gamers.

Anyone care to comment who knows more about these things?

Without looking at the specs, I would wait for a few hobbits to thoroughly benchmark the new card.

Or, the orks can benchmark the new cards, while I relax with a freshly-squeezed glass of hobbit juice.

Kittens!

1. Re: Morning Tech Bits May 18, 2016, 10:44 sauron

I'm not a techie, but those 1070 specs don't look bad to me at all. And $379 is not out of range for a lot of gamers.

Anyone care to comment who knows more about these things?

Kittens!

News Comments > Out of the Blue
1. Re: Out of the Blue May 18, 2016, 10:41 sauron

But you can't make an omelet without killing a few chefs, so...

I'll vouch for that!

Kittens!

News Comments > NVIDIA GTX 1080 Review Roundup
69. Re: NVIDIA GTX 1080 Review Roundup May 18, 2016, 08:56 sauron

eRe4s3r wrote on May 17, 2016, 17:25:
Still.. the 1070 benchmarks are the real interesting meat, since this card is 700$... that's about 300 orks more than I would ever pay for a GPU

Same here. The GTX970 has worked well for me because it gives great performance and isn't completely ridiculous in terms of price. If the 1070 does that too and gives a significant performance boost allowing regular use of 4K, I'll think about it. Otherwise I'll wait until the next gen.

Kittens!

News Comments > Pillars of Eternity II Revealed
28. Re: Pillars of Eternity II Revealed May 18, 2016, 08:38 sauron

I'll be getting this, I love RPGs and the first one was excellent. The only flaws were the long load times and the fact that the cleric PC was super annoying.

Other than that, the game mechanics played well, characters were well developed and I loved the story. So much gaming goodness.

Kittens!

News Comments > Diablo III Turns Four
11. Re: Diablo III Turns Four May 16, 2016, 15:31 sauron

I played Torchlight 2 instead of this. LAN party in that game is just incredibly fun.  

Kittens!

News Comments > System Shock Remastered Kickstarter Next Month
12. Re: System Shock Remastered Kickstarter Next Month May 16, 2016, 14:14 sauron

Nucas wrote on May 16, 2016, 13:28:
PHJF wrote on May 16, 2016, 10:43:
... updating the user interface and graphics to use a modern day engine (Unity).

Wouldn't call Unity a "modern engine," except in the sense it is built for the "modern" ipad gamer.

oh?

Wow, great footage. Thanks for the link.

Kittens!

News Comments > Steam Summer Sale Dates Leaked?
7. Re: Steam Summer Sale Dates Leaked? May 16, 2016, 11:33 sauron

I like the Steam sales, but this summer I get the feeling everyone will be playing Overwatch. I might even have to send the orcs over to Blizzard to extort a few copies.

We did also try extortion at the local Gamestop, but it didn't work. Impalement is an improvement over their usual dayjob, apparently.

Kittens!

News Comments > Acer Partners for StarVR
28. Re: 2 conflicting sources May 16, 2016, 11:27 sauron

I used to hate Acer stuff too, but then bought their A500 pad a few years ago and it turned out to be a real workhorse. Then I picked up one of their monitors on sale about 8 months ago after reading a LOT of reviews and it's been great.

I am very very picky about hardware and build my own systems, and I'm not brand loyal. Until recently I would not have looked at Acer hardware since the reviews were nowhere near good enough, but these days they seem to have picked up.

Kittens!

News Comments > System Shock Remastered Kickstarter Next Month
6. Re: System Shock Remastered Kickstarter Next Month May 16, 2016, 11:03 sauron

This looks great. I'm all in.  

Kittens!

1745 Comments. 88 pages. Viewing page 5.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo