Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for sauron

Real Name sauron   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description God of death, destruction and decay. Likes fluffy kittens.
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 15, 2001, 03:31
Total Comments 1813 (Pro)
User ID 8692

User comment history
< Newer [ 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] Older >

News Comments > Fallout 4 D.I.C.E. GotY
7. Re: Fallout 4 D.I.C.E. GotY Feb 19, 2016, 11:26 sauron

nin wrote on Feb 19, 2016, 10:43:
mch wrote on Feb 19, 2016, 10:40:
I'm enjoying Fallout, but my vote would have gone to The Witcher.

Pretty much that, exactly. It was good, but GOTY? Naaa.

Pretty much this too, except I'd also include PoE on the GOTY shortlist.

Kittens!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Counter-Strike: Global Offensive - Operation Wildfire
8. Re: Counter-Strike: Global Offensive - Operation Wildfire Feb 18, 2016, 16:27 sauron

I just play CSGO with bots - at least they don't cheat, and they don't say anything about each others' moms.  

Kittens!

News Comments > Fallout 4 DLC Plans; Season Pass Price Jump
61. Re: Fallout 4 DLC Plans; Season Pass Price Jump Feb 17, 2016, 21:36 sauron

Creston wrote on Feb 17, 2016, 12:37:
ItBurn wrote on Feb 17, 2016, 11:56:
Creston wrote on Feb 17, 2016, 11:45:
ItBurn wrote on Feb 17, 2016, 10:23:
It's my clear GOTY.

I very much enjoy FO4, but GOTY over Witcher 3? No.

Witcher 3 is a 7.5 for me. Great story, dialogue and choices and graphics. Horrible combat and movement, boring exploration, annoying "in your face" side missions, bad progression system. I got really bored and annoyed with it mid-game and just set the difficulty to easy and quickly completed the main quest.

You are a very, very bad person!!!

Very fun thread. I haven't played FO4 yet, although I will get to it for sure. It looks really good. My GOTY (and this is going to annoy Cutter) is Pillars of Eternity. Witcher 3 is incredibly fun, and the graphics and setting are absolutely amazing, but the combat is just not quite right on the money, although it's close. In PoE, I can just geek out, play at a slower pace, enjoy a deep story in a well-developed world, and play the math to optimize my party, while listening to their backstories. Very relaxing, although I admit not for everyone.

Kittens!

News Comments > German Fallout 3 Ban Lifted
13. Re: German Fallout 3 Ban Lifted Feb 17, 2016, 10:17 sauron

Muscular Beaver wrote on Feb 17, 2016, 02:25:
Cutter wrote on Feb 17, 2016, 00:14:
dubfanatic wrote on Feb 16, 2016, 23:14:
Germany is an absolute dystopian hellhole. I would be very surprised and disappointed if there isn't an uprising in Germany in the next decade.

Uh no, Germany is pretty far from a dystopia. A lot farther than the US, Britain, China, etc. What would make them a dystopia precisely? I'd rather live in Germany than most other places. Singapore, now that's a dystopia.
Youre right, but its getting there very quickly. It seems that only mentally ill people are left in the parliament.

We'll take Merkel if you'll take Trump and Cruz. Do we have a deal?

Kittens!

News Comments > Fallout 4 DLC Plans; Season Pass Price Jump
35. Re: Fallout 4 DLC Plans; Season Pass Price Jump Feb 17, 2016, 09:52 sauron

Vio wrote on Feb 17, 2016, 09:20:
Slashman wrote on Feb 17, 2016, 07:28:
GOTY sale buy for me.

Too much other stuff to play to bother myself with this right now.

This.

Yes, this for me as well. FO4 looks great, but I'll pick up the GOTY edition in a sale this time next year.

Kittens!

News Comments > Out of the Blue
23. Re: Mel Gibson Feb 17, 2016, 09:27 sauron

Cutter wrote on Feb 16, 2016, 20:11:
Nucas wrote on Feb 16, 2016, 15:54:
"bad mechanics" sounds like "i'm not used to it and therefore it is bad". everyone hated it at first but the mechanics are solid.

the writing though, urghhh.. it is so densely written, i still don't fully comprehend the plot. without any publisher oversight they just went crazy, writing and writing and writing in their design echo chamber, the "less conventional" the better.

worth noting though that the "soul views" you can get of people are all backer written which is why they're universally terrible.

No, they are terrible, Bullshit like a monk needing to take damage to function is just fucking retarded. Rogues are useless Wizard spells suck for the most part. Same with priests. The list goes on and on. There's a reason why people don't vary too much from D20 mechanics.

Agreed on monk class. But rogue has the highest spike damage in the game, when using sneak attack. That requires that the target has a status ailment, but you can easily set up a chanter to run status effects automatically as soon as combat begins.

Kittens!

22. Re: Cutting Cable? Feb 17, 2016, 09:19 sauron

Mr. Tact wrote on Feb 17, 2016, 07:37:
jimnms wrote on Feb 16, 2016, 21:11:
I'm seriously considering ditching cable TV.
Yeah, I'm probably going to dump cable TV soon, probably for Dish. But I can't "cut the cable" totally, because Comcast is my only broadband choice. Actually, I would have done it sooner, except I'm in love with my ReplayTV DVR. But these days I'm worried it's about time for the drive to fail (again) and not sure I can even get a drive that would work any more. And having to watch live TV instead of a DVR might induce a suicide.

I ditched cable two years ago and the only thing I miss is the EPL live matches every Saturday. I just listen to them on (free) internet radio instead.

Kittens!

News Comments > Call of Duty: Black Ops III Multiplayer Starter Pack
15. Re: Op Ed Feb 17, 2016, 09:13 sauron

Does it include the ability to use bots? I'd be interested if it does. Getting in some practice before jumping online is always a good idea.  

Kittens!

11. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 16, 2016, 14:35 sauron

Julio wrote on Feb 16, 2016, 14:24:
A good reason for those evil gel bra inserts to be banned, or at least go through a very thorough custom inspection.

Here in Mordor we have highly trained Bosom Inspectors at every border outpost. You never know what tourists might be smuggling. Especially those slim busty elves.

Kittens!

7. Re: Mel Gibson Feb 16, 2016, 14:15 sauron

Cutter wrote on Feb 16, 2016, 12:38:
sauron wrote on Feb 16, 2016, 11:02:
I think Pillars of Eternity: the White March Part 2 is getting released today - my game just started a 1.8GB update. News on it here:

PoE White March part 2

Is the expansion worth buying? The base game is absolutely great!

Really? I despised it. In fact I just started trying it again and ended up uninstalling it after a few hours. Horrible mechanics and needlessly verbose and hackneyed writing. It's easily Obsidian's worst game by a long shot. It appears to be one of those love it or hate it affairs for most and I'm firmly in the latter camp.

I'm really enjoying it - reminds me of BG and a little bit of PS:T. Good story and depth of setting, and I really like the party mechanics, NPCs and new character classes.

Currently running with fighter paladin priest chanter cipher wizard, and if anything it's a little too easy. The tanks hold the line, priest pally and chanter keep everyone upright, and the fighter cipher and wizard (and chanter summons) dish out the damage.

Good old fashioned RPG fun.

Kittens!

3. Re: Mel Gibson Feb 16, 2016, 11:02 sauron

I think Pillars of Eternity: the White March Part 2 is getting released today - my game just started a 1.8GB update. News on it here:

PoE White March part 2

Is the expansion worth buying? The base game is absolutely great!

Kittens!

News Comments > Evening Interviews
15. Re: Evening Interviews Feb 16, 2016, 09:41 sauron

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Feb 16, 2016, 01:17:
chickenboo wrote on Feb 15, 2016, 22:46:
BG2 was an absolute masterpiece of PC RPGing. Its expansion pack was also flawless and added hours upon hours of content for the game. The odds of creating a BG3 to rival BG2 are one hundred to one, or worse!

There are two games that rank in terms of masterpieces of cRPG's, in order: Planescape: Torment and BG2+ToB. You're right that the chance would be so low it'd be stupid, considering how easy they've made things in the last ~25 years people would be upset if there wasn't highlighted map points.

Right time to go nostalgic, off to play BG and BG2...relive them glory days.

I wish Beamdog would make a Planescape Torment Enhanced Edition. I would buy it in a second. I still have the original on my hard drive even now, and replaying it is a real pleasure. :).

Kittens!

9. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 11, 2016, 13:18 sauron

Pigeon wrote on Feb 11, 2016, 10:49:
You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy than among the random sever populations of online shooters.

LOL, we should have this chiseled in stone and mounted above the doorway to the Bluesnews website.

Kittens!

8. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 11, 2016, 13:17 sauron

Pigeon wrote on Feb 11, 2016, 10:49:
You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy than among the random sever populations of online shooters.

LOL, we should have this chiseled in stone and mounted above the doorway to the Bluesnews website...

Kittens!

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
3. Re: Morning Tech Bits Feb 11, 2016, 13:13 sauron

Dan =0) wrote on Feb 11, 2016, 13:01:
Re: LibreOffice - my understanding that plain old x86 refers to 32-bit x86 version,whereas x64 refers to 64-bit version.

Thanks, I figured it was probably that, but got confused between x64 and x86-64. No idea why.

Looking forward to trying out the new interface.

Kittens!

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
1. Re: Morning Tech Bits Feb 11, 2016, 12:37 sauron

I've seen a few Tesla sports cars here in NYC, they really turn heads - look like a pretty sweet ride. I hope they make it - the reviews seem really good.

Oh, and LibreOffice is pretty good and I use it more than MS Office. I'm a bit confused by the download link - do I need the x86 or x64 versions? I thought the x86 would be x86-64? Thanks.

This comment was edited on Feb 11, 2016, 12:43.

Kittens!

News Comments > Descent-Inspired OVERLOAD Kickstarter
17. Re: Descent-Inspired OVERLOAD Kickstarter Feb 11, 2016, 09:28 sauron

CJ_Parker wrote on Feb 10, 2016, 18:37:
The real niche right now is a true Wing Commander or FreeSpace sequel. Star Citizen has long gone full retard and no longer matches that description.

Since these OVERLOAD guys have people on board who worked on FreeSpace, they should have considered making a good old traditional space sim with an epic single player campaign along the lines of FreeSpace, Wing Commander, X-Wing/TIE/Fighter etc.

This, a thousand times. If the relevant people were to propose a new Freespace game on KS, I would back it in a second.

Kittens!

News Comments > Star Citizen Split Details
3. Re: Star Citizen Split Details Feb 9, 2016, 10:09 sauron

I am quite glad I didn't back this. It all seems very out of control and I'm not confident they know what they're doing with it anymore.

Having so much money has given them the ability to do almost anything and everything they want with the game, and this seems to have caused them to lose focus on its core design.

Kittens!

3. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 8, 2016, 10:30 sauron

nin wrote on Feb 8, 2016, 10:17:
I bet I am still writing Year of the Goat on my checks for the next couple of weeks.

Never gets old...

'Either way, I'm sure I'll be writing Year of the Horse on my checks for a few more weeks.'

Heh, this was 2015's OotB entry for Chinese New Year. It's like Groundhog Day all over again.

Kittens!

News Comments > AMD Crimson & NVIDIA GeForce Hotfixes
12. Re: AMD Crimson & NVIDIA GeForce Hotfixes Feb 3, 2016, 14:11 sauron

The Half Elf wrote on Feb 3, 2016, 13:52:
"Please do not eject your video card while this symbol is on screen, it means it's saving your game"

"System temperatures have reached a critical level. Activating the EJECT button!"

- your GTX970

Kittens!

1813 Comments. 91 pages. Viewing page 14.
< Newer [ 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo