Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for sauron

Real Name sauron   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description God of death, destruction and decay. Likes fluffy kittens.
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 15, 2001, 03:31
Total Comments 1813 (Pro)
User ID 8692

User comment history
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
18. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 18, 2016, 14:53 sauron

Kxmode wrote on Mar 18, 2016, 14:33:
BobBob wrote on Mar 18, 2016, 13:52:
A true "intellectual" nerd rarely gets involved in petty gossip or social drama. First of all, that requires social skills. And second, well, let's just stick with the first point...

It also makes one feel like they're killing brain cells if they engage in such tomfoolery.

Who is this Olivia Munn? I don't really see much of popular culture. Spend too much time playing Pillars of Eternity and reading books on biotechnology and Dungeons and Dragons... And eating hobbits, of course.

Kittens!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

10. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 18, 2016, 12:28 sauron

Mr. Tact wrote on Mar 18, 2016, 11:10:
Look on the bright side, sauron. It could be worse, you could be a Sixers fan...

No, the Knicks are worse. They're like the Sixers this year, EVERY SINGLE YEAR. Plus, James Dolan. And Isiah Thomas, lol.

Kittens!

News Comments > Star Wars: The Old Republic - Visions in the Dark Next Month
5. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic - Visions in the Dark Next Month Mar 18, 2016, 12:21 sauron

Is this the expansion that makes it good?  

Kittens!

5. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 18, 2016, 11:05 sauron

Mr. Tact wrote on Mar 18, 2016, 10:53:
The Knicks could probably win March Madness, but they would have a rough time of it.

I dunno, I'm not even sure they could make the final four. They're getting a little better under Phil Jackson, but it's still like watching a flaming train wreck in progress, every single season.

Kittens!

1. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 18, 2016, 10:37 sauron

And let's not even get started on the Knicks...  

Kittens!

News Comments > Lawmakers Dropping F2P; Launching on Steam
9. Re: Lawmakers Dropping F2P; Launching on Steam Mar 18, 2016, 00:10 sauron

Cliffy's always been kind of prone to trying too hard - sure as hell hope he stopped dying his hair all those different colors. But he did have good instincts back then, and had a big role in Unreal, UT99, UT2004 and UT3. Those are some of my favorite multiplayer shooters of all time (Unreal MP was kind of insane), and this trailer looks OK. Any inside info on an alpha build?

These days, I have CS:GO, RSS and a couple other MP shooters on my HD but they are all gathering dust. If something less obvious, more abstracted and more fun were to come along, I might pick it up.

Kittens!

12. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 17, 2016, 12:32 sauron

Cutter wrote on Mar 17, 2016, 12:09:
Why would the power of poop surprise me. Huey Lewis wrote a song about it. Oh wait, that was love.

Yeah, fecal transplants are apparently really effective for treating C.difficile infections, which previously had killed a high percentage of the patients that had them.

Kittens!

10. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 17, 2016, 11:47 sauron

BobBob wrote on Mar 17, 2016, 11:00:
I have O'Brien, Watson, and variety of other Irish and English surnames on both sides of the family genealogy. When I lived in Europe I was often asked if I came from the UK.

I am half Welsh, which is close enough to Irish to enjoy St Paddy's Day. Cheers to all!

The other half of me is Nazgul, obviously.

Oh, and yes to the Patreon thing. I'd be in for it. Been coming here since 2001.

Kittens!

News Comments > Into the Black
2. Re: Into the Black Mar 16, 2016, 21:41 sauron

Wow, I didn't realize he was such a respected academic.

I have the first two of those games, and really enjoyed them a lot. The combination of the puzzles and the art style is just so addictive and fun.

Kittens!

10. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 13, 2016, 23:56 sauron

I'm not a big fan of DST, although Mrs. Sauron, Shelob and the Nazgul don't even seem to notice it. And the orcs and uruk-hai can't even tell the time of day, of course, lol.

But the Fell Beasts really hate waking up on DST Sunday, so we always make sure to have a nice big batch of hobbits waiting for them. Nothing beats a good breakfast!

Kittens!

18. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 10, 2016, 20:39 sauron

Re. Mario, I rebooted an original Nintendo Game and Watch of Donkey Kong just this past weekend for my daughters. It had been in my mom's attic for like 30 years.

The girls really loved it, but they were asking me where the game cartridge plugs in to the game. I had to tell them that the Game and Watch dual-screen unit only plays that one game. But they honestly didn't believe me until I walked them around the unit, which has no ports in it whatsoever.

I guess my point is, video games have come a long, long way in just 30 years. The new generation doesn't really understand just how far. And the next 30 years might be just as exciting.

Kittens!

News Comments > GeForce Driver Warning
22. Re: GeForce Driver Warning Mar 8, 2016, 16:11 sauron

Burrito of Peace wrote on Mar 8, 2016, 14:31:
rudra wrote on Mar 8, 2016, 11:43:
InBlack wrote on Mar 8, 2016, 10:43:
SpectralMeat wrote on Mar 8, 2016, 10:33:
Great QA work from Nvidia. I'm glad I didn't "upgrade" my drivers.

That's prudent.

is it prudent?

Not gonna do it. Wouldn't be prudent!

Speaking of Prudence...

Kittens!

News Comments > GeForce Driver Warning
13. Re: GeForce Driver Warning Mar 8, 2016, 12:00 sauron

I never upgrade my drivers unless I have to. If it ain't broke, I don't fix it. Saw too many instances of driver conflicts or bad code back in the 90's.  

Kittens!

News Comments > Overwatch May Dates Leaked?
13. Re: Overwatch May Dates Leaked? Mar 7, 2016, 16:12 sauron

InBlack wrote on Mar 7, 2016, 16:06:
Talutha wrote on Mar 7, 2016, 13:29:
The cost of the game is $40 and all future maps and heroes are going to be free. Only cosmetics will be sold.'

All of Overwatch's Post Launch Maps and Heroes Will Be Free/

That article is outdated. The game is 60$ (or 60 Euros for those on the other side of the pond) on Blizzard's page.

I thought the basic game was $40?

Blizzard pricing page

It's on that page, on the left hand tab.

I won't be buying this since I haven't played team shooters since UT99. Plus I have UT3, CS:GO and R6:Siege taking up dust on my HD.

This one does look like fun, but how does it differentiate itself from TF2 (for example)?

Kittens!

News Comments > Dungeons & Dragons Online Anniversary & Patch
4. Re: Dungeons & Dragons Online Anniversary & Patch Mar 1, 2016, 13:21 sauron

blue wrote on Mar 1, 2016, 10:22:

Gnomageddon!
The Gnomes have arrived! Free to VIPs and available in the DDO Store.

Gnomes: Gnomes are a sharp-witted race that excel in a variety of roles, including arcane spellcasters. They start with a +2 bonus to Intelligence and a -2 penalty to Strength. This purchase allows you to create new Gnome characters on any server. FREE FOR VIPs!

Deep Gnome Iconic: Start at level 15 with a powerful Deep Gnome Earthen Illusionist! Deep Gnomes have access to special racial abilities and unique Illusion spells. This purchase allows you to create new Deep Gnome characters on any server. As Iconic Hero characters, Deep Gnomes also have the ability to use the Hall of Heroes Passport feature when entering the game. FREE FOR VIPs!

Gnomes are OK. A bit chewy. Not as tasty as hobbits.

Kittens!

News Comments > Alan Wake Returns TMed
16. Re: Alan Wake Returns TMed Feb 25, 2016, 14:46 sauron

Bundy wrote on Feb 25, 2016, 14:11:
sauron wrote on Feb 25, 2016, 13:53:
I'm hoping Microsoft has learned not to use 'exclusives' to try to sell hardware or new OS, or to monetize something, or anything. It worked once with Halo, but honestly so many other times they have tried it (that I am aware of), it has failed, sometimes hilariously so, to the point where I think of MS nerds with pocket protectors jumping up and down screaming 'Curses! Foiled again!'. It's just so transparent and people hate it.

I mean, when I see a Games for Windows or (God forbid) Games for Windows Live sticker on something, that is literally reason enough for me to put the box down and walk out of the store (or online store, or whatever). It's really that bad.

Exclusives have been used to sell console hardware since the beginning. You can't tell me Bloodborne, Uncharted and The Last of Us haven't moved more than a few Playstation's. I don't see it changing anytime soon.

Also, YES A NEW ALAN WAKE!!!!!

Yes, that is completely true, and Sony and Nintendo are really good at it. But that wasn't my point. My point was that Microsoft are nowhere near as good at it with the XBox, and unutterably and Doofenshmirtz-comically bad at it with the PC.

Kittens!

News Comments > Alan Wake Returns TMed
13. Re: Alan Wake Returns TMed Feb 25, 2016, 13:53 sauron

I'm hoping Microsoft has learned not to use 'exclusives' to try to sell hardware or new OS, or to monetize something, or anything. It worked once with Halo, but honestly so many other times they have tried it (that I am aware of), it has failed, sometimes hilariously so, to the point where I think of MS nerds with pocket protectors jumping up and down screaming 'Curses! Foiled again!'. It's just so transparent and people hate it.

I mean, when I see a Games for Windows or (God forbid) Games for Windows Live sticker on something, that is literally reason enough for me to put the box down and walk out of the store (or online store, or whatever). It's really that bad.

Kittens!

News Comments > Obliteracers Released
1. Re: Obliteracers Released Feb 24, 2016, 10:41 sauron

This looks really fun. Plus, best name ever.  

Kittens!

News Comments > Morning Patches
5. Re: Morning Patches Feb 23, 2016, 12:50 sauron

CJ_Parker wrote on Feb 23, 2016, 11:45:
dangerman77 wrote on Feb 23, 2016, 10:45:
Is this the patch that makes Pillars not suck?

So... have you become his secretary?

This made me smile.

It's the patch that adds extra awesomesauce to an already awesomesauce-laden slice of awesome.

Kittens!

News Comments > The Technomancer Trailer
3. Re: The Technomancer Trailer Feb 23, 2016, 12:47 sauron

Vall Forran wrote on Feb 23, 2016, 12:17:
This seems familiar... Oh! Is this Mars: War Logs 2? That game was surprisingly awesome. Low budget and a bit wonky, but you can tell the devs have heart and skill. The story was pretty cool as well.

Edit: It is! (And they learned not to call a game Mars: War Logs ever again)

Yes, that must qualify among the Most Useless Game Titles Ever. Makes me think of little green men hitting each other over the head with big pieces of wood.

Kittens!

1813 Comments. 91 pages. Viewing page 13.
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo