Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for sauron

Real Name sauron   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description God of death, destruction and decay. Likes fluffy kittens.
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 15, 2001, 03:31
Total Comments 1815 (Pro)
User ID 8692

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
14. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 7, 2016, 14:36 sauron

El Pit wrote on Nov 7, 2016, 13:42:
...Which gives you time to vote, so... Take your cross. No, wait, make your cross. That's better.

Vote Sauron for President! I am easily the most likable of the three candidates.

Also, anyone NOT voting Sauron will not just be making their cross, but getting nailed to it. So there's that.

Kittens!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

30. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 3, 2016, 10:41 sauron

1badmf wrote on Nov 2, 2016, 19:36:
sauron wrote on Nov 2, 2016, 13:49:
Día de Muertos (Day of the Dead)

Here in Mordor, every day is Day of the Undead, and we like to keep it that way.

ya know, as far as i know (and i know a lot about middle earth), neither you nor your boss morgoth ever dabbled in necromancy, even though you were called the necromancer in The Hobbit. all you ever did was raise monsters, but never the undead. ironically the only mention of the undead that i can remember were when aragorn raised them to fight for him, and when luthien and beren took the shape of vampires to sneak into angband to steal one of the silmarils.

Hmm, not sure the Nazgul would agree with you:

And one by one, sooner or later, according to their native strength and to the good or evil of their wills in the beginning, they fell under the thraldom of the ring that they bore and of the domination of the One which was Sauron's. And they became forever invisible save to him that wore the Ruling Ring, and they entered into the realm of shadows. The Nazgûl were they, the Ringwraiths, the Úlairi, the Enemy's most terrible servants; darkness went with them, and they cried with the voices of death.
— The Silmarillion, "Of the Rings of Power and the Third Age", 346

Kittens!

3. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 2, 2016, 13:49 sauron

Día de Muertos (Day of the Dead)

Here in Mordor, every day is Day of the Undead, and we like to keep it that way.

Kittens!

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
5. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 1, 2016, 12:51 sauron

nin wrote on Nov 1, 2016, 11:42:
Dagnamit wrote on Nov 1, 2016, 11:32:
It may be a stinker, specs-wise, but if they price like they should, $200.00, then I'll be buying one. I think that $250 is probably going to be the number though. Nintendo needs to lower the bar of entry to play their, mostly excellent, 1st party games. hell, i'm even glad they are going the flash memory route for their games. faster loading times please! We'll see if they drop the ball and try to price the console with $150 tablet specs for $300.

Yeah, anything higher than $250 and I'd guess they'd shoot themselves in the foot. Hopefully they know that.

I'd like more info, but so far I like what I see.

I'd be tempted for $250. Small footprint, highly adaptable to any situation, great first party games and a strong list of third party developers. The specs will be kind of low end but Nintendo games really don't need the technical bleeding edge.

Kittens!

News Comments > THQ Nordic Acquires NovaLogic Franchises
12. Re: THQ Nordic Acquires NovaLogic Franchises Oct 31, 2016, 13:23 sauron

Burrito of Peace wrote on Oct 31, 2016, 12:20:
jam777 wrote on Oct 31, 2016, 11:39:
Tachyon: The Fringe was fun. It would be great to see a new one if Bruce Campbell still did the voice-overs.

This times infinity hojillion.

Agreed! Tachyon was great! I still remember the mission where you had to steal the ceiling of the Sistine Chapel. In space!

Kittens!

3. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 30, 2016, 14:42 sauron

Wow, I missed all the drama - I had my daughters over this weekend (Ms. Sauron 1 and Ms. Sauron 2). Very busy - having to teach them the ins and outs of dark and wicked sorcery takes up so much time!

I hope Mrs. Blue is OK - I know that kind of incident can be very stressful. Hugs seem to work well in those situations.

Kittens!

News Comments > Op Ed
2. Re: Op Ed Oct 26, 2016, 22:07 sauron

I don't think an individual game would win, but at some distant point in the unspecified future I can potentially maybe see a designer or development house winning for a body of work over maybe a 50 year span.

Having said that, while the Nobels are really all about the sum total of an individual's contribution to culture, I don't think movies have ever been included and this is the first time I can remember seeing musical lyrics even considered. Maybe time to update the categories? The cultural influences of media forms don't remain static, after all. At what point does literature blur into music, film and electronic media?

Kittens!

News Comments > Skyrim Special Edition Preloads
29. Re: Skyrim Special Edition Preloads Oct 26, 2016, 15:18 sauron

Slashman wrote on Oct 26, 2016, 14:46:
Tipsy McStagger wrote on Oct 26, 2016, 13:03:
sauron wrote on Oct 26, 2016, 08:56:
I have about 150 hours logged, and may load this up for a reroll. I usually go archery, summoning, enchanting, sneaking.

Then again, I'm also trying to finish Witcher 3, and just started Enderal...

one does not simply finish witcher 3....

Truer words have ne'er been spoken!

Haha, I guess I'm finding that out as I play through it.

Regarding gamebreakers in Skyrim, I found maxed Conjuration was also kinda OP. Being able to summon two Dremora Lords at the same time ? Just whistle them up, pull up a chair, and watch the show. "There could be no other end."

Kittens!

News Comments > Skyrim Special Edition Preloads
19. Re: Skyrim Special Edition Preloads Oct 26, 2016, 08:56 sauron

I have about 150 hours logged, and may load this up for a reroll. I usually go archery, summoning, enchanting, sneaking.

Then again, I'm also trying to finish Witcher 3, and just started Enderal...

Kittens!

7. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 20, 2016, 11:16 sauron

nin wrote on Oct 20, 2016, 11:04:
Retired wrote on Oct 20, 2016, 10:58:
WHA! Did I miss something this week?

Nintendo Switch!? In the video they are playing SKYRIM!

Fucking portable Skyrim is a borderline system seller. Now if we could just get another F-Zero...

I agree. Portable Skyrim would be amazing.

Oh, and thanks for the info on PUSA - I was wondering who did that version of the song.

Kittens!

1. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 20, 2016, 10:26 sauron

Congrats to Cleveland fans and the Indians on their American League championship. I find it easy to sympathize and root for such a long-suffering franchise, so this is heartfelt. This will create a quandary if the Cubs win the NL, since that team is the definition of long-suffering. Anyway, back to the Indians, to quote my beloved Ian Hunter, Cleveland rocks!

That's a great song, but I prefer this version. Drew Carey for the win!

Kittens!

24. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 19, 2016, 22:11 sauron

BobBob wrote on Oct 19, 2016, 17:06:
What are your predictions on what will transpire in tonight's presidential debate?

My prediction is that most of America is so disgusted at the tone of this election that they just want it to end, and won't bother watching.

I do not think I have ever been as unimpressed by any pair of candidates as has been the case in this election. And I watched Shelob vs. Gollum in -1821, I have to admit.

Screw the election. Either Sauron or Michell Obama for president.

Kittens!

2. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 18, 2016, 10:02 sauron

nin wrote on Oct 18, 2016, 09:39:
Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Nominations Announced: Janet Jackson, Tupac and Pearl Jam Among Contenders.

Depeche Mode and The Cars too. I love DM, but "Rock and Roll" seems a bit of a stretch. The Cars seem like a no brainer.

I do love the way Westworld reminds me so much of a MMO, in a cool way...

Bad Brains and the MC5 are also nominated. A lot of good bands on that list.

Also, cute pumpkin is cute!

Kittens!

11. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 17, 2016, 16:09 sauron

Jivaro wrote on Oct 17, 2016, 13:23:
A swig of Pepto (or whatever brand...just use a liquid and not a tablet or capsule) and than another swig of something to clear your palette....do it before eating the other half. Everybody is different but it works for me. I do it so that I can keep eating my favorite sandwich, a type of Reuben, without side effects that night or the next day.

*My Reuben*
Corned Beef
Sauerkraut
Melted Mozzarella
Chipotle Mayo
Toasted Rye

with a pint of Guinness of course.

I think if I tried to eat one of those I'd probably end up in the ER. It does sound delicious but I don't think my gut would ever forgive me.

I guess I'll just stick to a glass of freshly squeezed hobbit juice. Tasty and wholesome!

Kittens!

News Comments > More Red Dead Redemption Teasing?
17. Re: More Red Dead Redemption Teasing? Oct 17, 2016, 16:06 sauron

Cutter wrote on Oct 17, 2016, 13:31:
They'd be nuckin futs not to do it. That's just leaving a billion dollars on the table right there.

This made me chuckle, and it's true as well.

Kittens!

News Comments > etc.
7. Re: etc. Oct 12, 2016, 15:31 sauron

Quboid wrote on Oct 12, 2016, 15:04:
Cutter wrote on Oct 12, 2016, 11:36:
“We went through 40 years of violence in which many lives were lost and people maimed. I knew there would eventually be some who would seek to exploit that to make money,” he said.

Yeah, and who's fault was that?

"It's their fault, not ours!" - both sides

To be fair, Republicans (pro-Ireland) did more killing and particularly maiming than Unionists (pro-UK), although the Unionists did have a thing for assassinating "Irish terrorists" - which to them meant anyone who was probably Catholic.

It occurs to me that I'm probably over-thinking Blue's comment and he just meant that Northern Irish politics isn't the first place you'd look for complaints about depictions of US crime.

I remember living in London during the height of the Northern Irish conflict - not pretty at all. But it seems to have gotten a lot better, to the point where the two sides have disarmed and are talking to one another at least. Hopefully now that bridges have been built, the two sides can slowly re-integrate.

I know this may sound trite, but I can never understand civil war. In Ireland, the two communities are almost identical, with only minor cultural differences (albeit major historical differences). I really hope they can get along in the long term, Ireland is such a beautiful country and the people on both sides are really so nice when it comes down to the basics.

Kittens!

News Comments > Beyond Good & Evil for Free
8. Re: Beyond Good & Evil for Free Oct 12, 2016, 15:24 sauron

HoSpanky wrote on Oct 12, 2016, 14:51:
Mreh, it's free to me, as I've had an Ubi account for a while. They make a small number of games I very much want to play, and currently none of them have required that I purchase them directly through their service. The Uplay software is only running when I intentionally start it up, it's pretty well-behaved.

Is BG&E worth getting a Uplay account for? Pfft, no. As others have said, it can be found for free. It IS absolutely worth playing, and I'm stupid excited that Ubi is finally admitting it's worth expanding its narrative. I'll gladly buy a key for it from Amazon and play it thru Uplay.

I agree completely with this post. I have an Ubi account and their software is surprisingly well-behaved and unintrusive.

And in the past couple of months I have gotten BG&E, Splinter Cell and Prince of Persia for free.

I am definitely not Ubisoft's biggest fan, but to be honest this giveaway seems fine.

Kittens!

1. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 11, 2016, 11:01 sauron

Hope you feel better!

I had something last week - a headache and chills. My doctor told me to take two hobbits and call him in the morning.

Kittens!

News Comments > Gone Gold - Skyrim Special Edition
26. Re: Gone Gold - Skyrim Special Edition Oct 11, 2016, 09:13 sauron

Numinar wrote on Oct 11, 2016, 04:30:
saluk wrote on Oct 11, 2016, 03:58:
And then there's me, still trying to finish daggerfall so I can get started with morrowind...

Oh man, Morrowind is REALLY good.

I heartily agree. I keep checking the Skywind site to see if they will ever finish that mod:

Skywind trailer

If they do, I'll be installing it the same day. Morrowind on the Skyrim graphics engine would be delicious.

This comment was edited on Oct 11, 2016, 10:13.

Kittens!

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
2. Re: Morning Tech Bits Oct 10, 2016, 14:09 sauron

Thanks guys. I picked up their 'Getting Started with the Web' book. My laboratory has a website and I have basic html but this will be helpful.

Kittens!

1815 Comments. 91 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo