Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for sauron

Real Name sauron   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description God of death, destruction and decay. Likes fluffy kittens.
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 15, 2001, 03:31
Total Comments 1745 (Pro)
User ID 8692

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Final Fantasy XV Delayed
3. Re: Final Fantasy XV Delayed Aug 15, 2016, 11:35 sauron

Much better to get it right before it goes out the door. Hopefully FFXIV taught them that.  

Kittens!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Steam Top 10
15. Re: Steam Top 10 Jul 31, 2016, 18:21 sauron

Tachikoma wrote on Jul 31, 2016, 16:20:
RedEye9 wrote on Jul 31, 2016, 12:43:
Yeah for pre-chaser's, that might be the only sales No Man's Sky gets.
Cutter wrote on Jul 31, 2016, 12:49:
Really? No Man's Florp is #1?

I`m really looking forward to the mental gymnastics the Boo Camp will have to go through to produce some excuses when this game refuses to flop (something that looks more and more likely every day).

What`s it gonna be lads? Gimme a taste already

I might give it a shot, but only after the reviews are in.

Kittens!

News Comments > Out of the Blue
9. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 28, 2016, 11:06 sauron

Blue wrote on Jul 28, 2016, 09:36:
RedEye9 wrote on Jul 28, 2016, 09:29:
For $15 sans fries the burger had better be good. Anyplace with tartare on the menu should know how to handle their meat.
I get turned off by the places that think the bigger the patty the better the burger and frequently it's the opposite.

Saddly, eating out is sometimes like the lottery, glad you found a winner.

Burger did come with fries, even though the menu doesn't mention it. It was a 7oz patty, which is large but manageable (I make 8oz patties myself). It may seem overpriced to an out-of-towner, but that price isn't out of line for a large burger in a fancy Manhattan restaurant.

The burgers at Harlem Shake are pretty good, Blue. It's at 124th and Lenox if you ever get the chance.

Kittens!

News Comments > PC Gears of War 4 Details
11. Re: PC Gears of War 4 Details Jul 25, 2016, 12:07 sauron

Desalus wrote on Jul 25, 2016, 11:24:

Only the first one was released on the PC (twice actually). The first time it was a year after the 360 release and it required Games for Windows Live for online play.

Games for Windows Live. That phrase has the same effect on me as garlic, holy water and doing my taxes. A big black hole sucking all the fun out of the universe.

Memories like that are why I no longer buy Microsoft games, ever.

Kittens!

5. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 25, 2016, 11:54 sauron

I finished my antibiotics on Friday, and am pretty confident that the last of my Lyme symptoms are gone.

Congrats! I didn't know you had gone for a re-test, but it was definitely a good idea. Lyme is well known for throwing up false negatives. A friend of mine had to be retested as well and the second one came up positive.

Anyhow, glad you're feeling better. Now get back to work!

Kittens!

News Comments > New NVIDIA TITAN X Announced
31. Re: New NVIDIA TITAN X Announced Jul 22, 2016, 22:28 sauron

Saboth wrote on Jul 22, 2016, 15:45:
HorrorScope wrote on Jul 22, 2016, 15:25:
AmericanWulf wrote on Jul 22, 2016, 11:59:
MacLeod wrote on Jul 22, 2016, 11:42:
Can someone actually explain the Titan to me? I don't get it.

According to videocardbenchmark, the TitanX has a lower G3D Mark score than the 980ti, but is over 3x the cost.

the titan series of cards are geared more for the content creators, the graphic artist, or the power needed for graphical rendering. It is really not marketed nor designed as the ultimate gaming/gamer card, never has been.

Right here right now it is being marketed as the Ultimate with no boundaries attached.

Yes this isn't a bargain card, it's a BMW... my Corolla can hit the speed limit, keep me cool and do well at the pump. But some just want more even if it doesn't make price/performance sense, news at 11.

I think it's more like taking a 455 hp, $60,000 Corvette, fiddling with the computer, giving it 546 hp, then charging $120,000.

Amen to that. My GTX970s will foot the bill for now. Once a killer app arrives, I guess I'll send the orcs over to NVidia, and we will come to an arrangement to 'liberate' a few units for the benefit of the 'good' folks of Barad-Dur.

It would be a tad less embarrassing if the orcs would use these cards for real games. But their favorites seem to be The Sims 4, and BeJeweled. So sad.

Kittens!

News Comments > Star Wars: The Old Republic Announces New Expansion & Free Trial
9. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Announces New Expansion & Free Trial Jul 18, 2016, 13:08 sauron

JeffD wrote on Jul 17, 2016, 23:55:
The only thing I dont like is it looks like the new and last expansion content are sub/pay only, which means you won't get much end game access under the free plan.

Swotr is not an ideal free to play game. Rift does it much better. Guild wars 2 also ponied up alot of content to do under its free to play account which is everything before the new expansion. Ie it is a ton of stuff.

I'll second the GW2 recommendation (I haven't played SWTOR). GW2 gives you a TON of content once you buy the original game, with no subscription, and the leveling process is really a lot of fun.

Kittens!

News Comments > Fallout Shelter for PC Released
21. Re: Fallout Shelter for PC Released Jul 15, 2016, 10:05 sauron

Nevermind this, I'm just now getting into Fallout 4. Really impressed, even though they removed a lot of the RP from the G. The atmosphere and crafting are terrific, and even the combat feels good.  

Kittens!

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront Offline Mode Next Week; Death Star in September
17. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Offline Mode Next Week; Death Star in September Jul 15, 2016, 10:02 sauron

Rigs wrote on Jul 14, 2016, 17:16:
Tyrric wrote on Jul 14, 2016, 17:09:
two new heroes including one larger-than-life character we know you've been patiently waiting for

Jabba?

I'm pretty sure it's Chewy...

=-Rigs-=

It's Jar-Jar Binks!

I'd buy Battlefront just for the opportunity to shoot Jar-Jar. He really was that annoying.

Kittens!

News Comments > Splinter Cell for Free
3. Re: Splinter Cell for Free Jul 13, 2016, 12:26 sauron

Jivaro wrote on Jul 13, 2016, 12:21:
Numinar wrote on Jul 13, 2016, 10:53:
Oh awesome, it's been a decade or more since I gave this a whirl. Great game.

I never played it. Somehow this ended up on the "I will get to that later" list....and than I never got back to it. Same thing with Sands of Time. These two giveaways are perfect.

Same here. I just picked this up for free and got Sands of Time last month as well. Never played either of them when they were released, but always meant to. Really good.

Kittens!

News Comments > System Shock Remake Funded
26. Re: System Shock Remake Funded Jul 11, 2016, 16:14 sauron

I'll be buying this. Although it may have to wait until I finish Fallout 4, Witcher 3 AND Enderal (the Skyrim TC). And maybe The Talos Principle. So many good games.  

Kittens!

15. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 11, 2016, 16:10 sauron

The Half Elf wrote on Jul 11, 2016, 15:06:
Creston wrote on Jul 11, 2016, 14:47:
Beamer wrote on Jul 11, 2016, 14:25:
Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Jul 11, 2016, 10:20:
Killer Kane wrote on Jul 11, 2016, 10:17:
That 7/11 site gave me cancer

Enjoy the 'snapchat' generation.

People say that as if we're not the generation that gave us Angelfire/Geocities sites, The Hampster Dance, Hello My Future Girlfriend, and Tom Green movies.

ALL OF WHICH WERE AWESOME!!!

Admit it, Beamer, you just secretly yearn to be a Millenial.

*takes away all of Creston's Space Sims*

BAD CRESTON! TIME OUT IN THE CORNER UNTIL RED DEAD REDEMPTION COMES OUT ON PC!

That Red Dead Redemption never came out on PC is a crime. If RDR2 doesn't include PC, I'm giving the orcs beans for dinner then sending them over to Rockstar.

They can deal with the consequences.

Kittens!

News Comments > On Sale
15. Re: On Sale Jul 7, 2016, 10:25 sauron

I don't usually buy anything in the Steam sale, but this time around I spent $80! Fallout 4 and Vampire both 50% off, and Talos for 75% off. Not bad at all.

Oh, and Far Cry Primal for my daughter - we had a deal she would get it as a gift if she did well in her exams. It was only 35% off but I guess some money saved.

Kittens!

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls Online: Gold Edition Announced
1. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online: Gold Edition Announced Jul 6, 2016, 21:53 sauron

Honestly, as a recovering MMO player, I am so tempted by this. Not sure I would participate in any community events, but the opportunity to explore all of Tamriel is quite compelling. I have played everything from Daggerfall on, so to see it all reimagined is very interesting.

Fortunately, I do have the orcs and my responsibilities at Barad-Dur to avoid that kind of time sink. And if that fails, there's chess with Shelob, or the torture dungeon, and all those hobbits.

Kittens!

25. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 6, 2016, 14:23 sauron

nin wrote on Jul 6, 2016, 14:13:
Creston wrote on Jul 6, 2016, 14:11:
El Pit wrote on Jul 6, 2016, 13:50:
The Half Elf wrote on Jul 6, 2016, 13:43:
... or was that from the Natural History Museum?

Blue... Is... Turok!?

Golbez... is my brother?!

Darmok and Jalad at Tanagra, when the walls fell...

Some of my best friends are now in the Natural History Museum.

Kittens!

News Comments > Cricket Captain 2016 Released
8. Re: Cricket Captain 2016 Released Jul 6, 2016, 12:57 sauron

The only game I know where you can take a 3 hour nap as a spectator, wake up, and not have missed anything.

Kittens!

18. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 6, 2016, 12:54 sauron

Congrats Blue! The orcs baked you a cake.*

*(Whether you're brave enough to eat it is up to you).

Kittens!

News Comments > Witcher III: Wild Hunt - Game of the Year Edition Plans
10. Re: Witcher III: Wild Hunt - Game of the Year Edition Plans Jul 6, 2016, 12:52 sauron

nin wrote on Jul 6, 2016, 11:53:
Creston wrote on Jul 6, 2016, 11:50:
I'm honestly not sure what there's left to enhance. The game is pretty much perfect as far as I'm concerned.

I suspect it's just a patched version with all of the DLC.

Even more nudity? I'd be totally fine with that.

Just kidding. I'm still playing W3, but good grief is it ever good. Might even be the best RPG ever made. It's certainly up there.

Kittens!

6. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 30, 2016, 11:54 sauron

It can be fun to get new toys, but once the old toys hit a certain age, it's more fun to keep them going,

Amen to that. I love fixing up old stuff. A bunch of the furniture at my place came out of the recycling or from thrift stores, and it's all really good vintage items. Once you know the basics of how to work with wood, renovating that stuff gets really fun.

Kittens!

News Comments > BioShock: The Collection Announced
4. Re: BioShock: The Collection Announced Jun 30, 2016, 11:50 sauron

Yay! I already own all three games so this is like free candy!  

Kittens!

1745 Comments. 88 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo