Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

User information for sauron

Real Name sauron   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description God of death, destruction and decay. Likes fluffy kittens.
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 15, 2001, 03:31
Total Comments 1895 (Pro)
User ID 8692

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > New Overwatch Reporting Options on PTR
3. Re: New Overwatch Reporting Options on PTR Mar 23, 2017, 12:44 sauron

...wretched hive of scum and villainy.

I've been traveling this week, to the MCCCLXXIV Conference of Evil Wizards. This phrase makes me homesick...

Kittens!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Quake Champions Trailer
12. Re: Quake Champions Trailer Mar 23, 2017, 11:08 sauron

Nimh wrote on Mar 23, 2017, 08:28:
Old age and treachery will always beat youth and exuberance.

On behalf of undead sorcerous overlords everywhere, I endorse this message.

Kittens!

News Comments > John Carmack Sues ZeniMax
36. Re: John Carmack Sues ZeniMax Mar 10, 2017, 09:25 sauron

I wish Carmack and Zenimax would just settle this and get on with making great games. This can't be good for the health of either side, it makes both sides look awful, and it's got to be bad for creativity and for business. The only winners here are their attorneys.

TLDR: they need to grow up, settle, then get along, and get back to what they do best.

Kittens!

News Comments > New GeForce Drivers and GTX 1080 Ti Reviews
1. Re: New GeForce Drivers and GTX 1080 Ti Reviews Mar 9, 2017, 10:48 sauron

Wow, if I had bought a 1080, I would be pretty annoyed by this. The Ti seems to replace that card since it is significantly faster and a similar price? Or am I getting my facts wrong?  

Kittens!

News Comments > Free Syberia II
2. Re: Free Syberia II Mar 8, 2017, 10:14 sauron

Same here. Over the years I've obtained a bunch of free games from Origin, including Dragon Age, Mass Effect 2, Jade Empire and BF3. 17 games in all.

Funnily enough, I have never bought a game on Origin. Just the free ones.

Kittens!

News Comments > Out of the Blue
31. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 8, 2017, 08:31 sauron

Kxmode wrote on Mar 7, 2017, 19:04:
Mr. Tact wrote on Mar 7, 2017, 18:47:
Ding, ding, ding. We have a winner!

Before you turn this into the Spanish Inquisition's "Confession Hour" perhaps you should read my post. It sheds light on the status of bible posts on this site moving forward. It made RedEye super happy.

Nobody expects The Inquisition.

Kittens!

13. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 7, 2017, 13:10 sauron

jdreyer wrote on Mar 7, 2017, 13:04:
MajorD wrote on Mar 7, 2017, 13:01:
jdreyer wrote on Mar 7, 2017, 12:44:
Man, I hope nin is okay. So unlike him to just disappear.

Hhhhhmmmmm....yeah....when was his last post?

2 weeks ago. And no indication that he'd be out for a while. Whatever it was, it was sudden.

I have been worrying about this too. I hope he's OK.

Maybe Blue can head across the street and make sure he didn't accidentally lock himself in the van?

Kittens!

News Comments > FINAL FANTASY XV PC Plans?
17. Re: FINAL FANTASY XV PC Plans? Mar 4, 2017, 22:38 sauron

Kajetan wrote on Mar 4, 2017, 04:50:
Slick wrote on Mar 3, 2017, 18:58:
FFXIII-2 is my 2nd fav FF game of all time. Lits of people liked FFXIII-3, but I didn't, it has the "Majora's Mark" mechanic where the world is ending in X days, so everything you do feels rushed, I hate that shit in RPGs, I never finished Majora's Mask or FFXIII-3.

FFXIII-2 though is spectacular. Really gets back to the roots of what makes a FF game amazing after the abysmal FFXIII. Also the single best soundtrack in any videogame EVER.

FFXV is good too btw, I've replayed it twice. Can't wait for the new story DLC content. It's far from a perfect game, and many parts seem undercooked, but it's still a very fulfilling ride.
Thnx for the info!

Yes, thanks for all the info and reviews. I'll get this day one if it arrives on PC. FFXIV was absolutely great, and this one sounds really fun. Not perfect, but super immersive.

Kittens!

News Comments > Game Reviews
5. Re: Game Reviews Mar 4, 2017, 22:31 sauron

Creston wrote on Mar 4, 2017, 21:33:
Oh, and as for this "review":

I never played Planescape: Torment (which came out in 1999), and had only vaguely heard of it recently when a Kickstarter campaign funded this thematic successor

I really donít know what to make of Torment: Tides of Numenera (T:ToN). It has more reading than a text adventure, more multiple choice questions than an SAT exam, has more baffling machinery and doodads lying around than Myst, and what feels like more meandering and backtracking than a Family Circus comic strip.

Yeah, maybe you could have spent five minutes learning what Planescape Torment was, so you wouldn't be so confused by a SUCCESSOR to that game? Imbecile.

I agree. Reviewing this game without being aware of the backstory is like someone reviewing Rogue One without having seen the movie upon which it is based.

We have become aware of this individual's address, and thus have dispatched a squad of Uruk-Hai to take care of business. They will strap him to a chair, prop open his eyelids with toothpicks, and 'encourage' him to play through PS:T. Subsequently, he will be allowed to revise his review. Or they may just eat him, if they didn't get enough pizza at breakfast.

We do allow our agents some free will, after all.

Kittens!

3. Re: FINAL FANTASY XV PC Plans? Mar 3, 2017, 12:18 sauron

Kajetan wrote on Mar 3, 2017, 11:24:
sauron wrote on Mar 3, 2017, 11:05:
If they release this on PC I will be all over it. I have played FF1-7, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 (ugh!) and 14.
Have you played XIII-2 and XIII-3? If yes, have the devs learned anything from the abysmal developement hell of XIII? Are those sequels better?

No, and I didn't finish XIII. It's OK but the whole thing is on rails and feels like a game from the mid-90's to me. What makes it ieven worse for me is that I had played XI, XIV and XII beforehand, which are all open-world and/or MMO, so the difference was even more glaring. I don't really plan to try XII-2 or XIII-3 anytime soon, especially if they are going to port XV over to PC.

Kittens!

1. Re: FINAL FANTASY XV PC Plans? Mar 3, 2017, 11:05 sauron

If they release this on PC I will be all over it. I have played FF1-7, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 (ugh!) and 14. Oh, and currently working through Bravely Default and Bravely Second. Color me a fanboy.  

Kittens!

News Comments > System Shock Remake Gets Unreal
22. Re: System Shock Remake Gets Unreal Mar 3, 2017, 10:06 sauron

SlimRam wrote on Mar 2, 2017, 13:12:
sauron wrote on Mar 2, 2017, 12:42:
SlimRam wrote on Mar 2, 2017, 11:42:
sauron wrote on Mar 2, 2017, 11:33:
BobBob wrote on Mar 2, 2017, 11:17:
Weapon degradation was a horrible 'feature' in the game.

Agreed. In SS2 you could turn it off. I think they added that in one of the patches.
That, and I think you could turn off the respawning too with another patch... if I am remembering that right, hell it was a looooong time ago when I played SS2.

Yes, I am pretty sure you could do that too.

I might have to fire it up again - it really is a fun game and I'm intrigued by the upgrades.
Ditto, all this talk is giving me the itch!

I did follow through with this, and loaded the game up and added a bunch of mods. The whole process only took about 30 minutes - the process is very streamlined these days. The game looks and plays great - it's pretty impressive:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4WZPYybJXMA

If anyone wants to try this, there's a guide here:

https://www.systemshock.org/index.php?topic=4447.0

If you follow the instructions, you really can't go wrong, and if you don't have the game (shame on you!) you can pick it up on GOG for ten dollars:

https://www.gog.com/game/system_shock_2

Kittens!

15. Re: System Shock Remake Gets Unreal Mar 2, 2017, 12:42 sauron

SlimRam wrote on Mar 2, 2017, 11:42:
sauron wrote on Mar 2, 2017, 11:33:

Agreed. In SS2 you could turn it off. I think they added that in one of the patches.
That, and I think you could turn off the respawning too with another patch... if I am remembering that right, hell it was a looooong time ago when I played SS2.

Yes, I am pretty sure you could do that too.

I might have to fire it up again - it really is a fun game and I'm intrigued by the upgrades.

Kittens!

12. Re: System Shock Remake Gets Unreal Mar 2, 2017, 11:33 sauron

Kittens!

8. Re: System Shock Remake Gets Unreal Mar 2, 2017, 10:21 sauron

System Shock 2 looks pretty decent these days when modded. Here are some shots:

http://imgur.com/a/1BjFg

But yes, this Unreal engine remake of SS1 is looking really nice. I hope they can pull it off.

Kittens!

News Comments > Minecraft Sells 122M
7. Re: Minecraft Sells 122M Feb 28, 2017, 12:59 sauron

Tipsy McStagger wrote on Feb 28, 2017, 12:24:
Mr. Tact wrote on Feb 28, 2017, 11:19:
Why not wait for 3 million more and celebrate 125M? Is this just a monthly announcement or something?

Don't try to understand the crazy gaming world.

I would like to know how much merchandising they've sold. It's probably a much more impressive number

Yeah, I would imagine Notch is set for life by now (and maybe for his next few reincarnations as well). Good for them.

EDIT - just looked up his net worth and it's at least $1.5 billion. That's a lot of digital lego.

Kittens!

12. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 28, 2017, 11:47 sauron

Acleacius wrote on Feb 28, 2017, 11:29:
Sushi Donuts for the win! Lighter

^ This. They look delicious!

Kittens!

News Comments > Torment: Tides of Numenera Released
11. Re: Torment: Tides of Numenera Released Feb 28, 2017, 10:40 sauron

VaranDragon wrote on Feb 28, 2017, 10:31:
60%

Ouch...this review actually goes a little deeper into detail on the game. And damn...it actually calls the game RPGLite....Double damn.

In fairness, 31 of the 35 reviews currently on Metacritic score it at 80% or higher.

http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/torment-tides-of-numenera

The one you quoted is the lowest of the lot, and so is not really representative of the whole.

I loved the original, and I like lots of text in my RPGs, so am expecting to enjoy this one. We will see.

Kittens!

News Comments > Torment: Tides of Numenera Released
9. Re: Torment: Tides of Numenera Released Feb 28, 2017, 10:16 sauron

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Feb 28, 2017, 10:09:
Bleh, I bought this via the Bard's Tale Kickstarter, but so far there is nothing on how to reclaim my key from InXile/Kickstarter.

You just have to go to the InXile Backer Rewards page and redeem your key for Steam or GOG. The link is here.

Kittens!

News Comments > Leak Reveals Middle-earth: Shadow of War?
30. Re: Leak Reveals Middle-earth: Shadow of War? Feb 28, 2017, 10:12 sauron

Creston wrote on Feb 27, 2017, 16:40:
Even Sauron isn't immune to everything.

This is true. I have a weakness for kittens, especially fluffy ones.

Kittens!

1895 Comments. 95 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo