Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for sauron

Real Name sauron   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description God of death, destruction and decay. Likes fluffy kittens.
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 15, 2001, 03:31
Total Comments 1822 (Pro)
User ID 8692

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Competitive Overwatch Delayed; Balance Changes Discussed
27. Re: Competitive Overwatch Delayed; Balance Changes Discussed Jun 1, 2016, 15:34 sauron

Nimh wrote on Jun 1, 2016, 14:05:
sauron wrote on Jun 1, 2016, 12:40:
I thought about getting this, and went back to TF2 to see if I really felt like a team shooter. A couple of hours later, I was all done.

I think I just don't go for them anymore, played too many. Anyhow, doing things this way saved me 40 bucks.

That's pretty damn retarded to be honest. I went back and played Doom 1993 to see if I'd like Doom 2016.. saved me 60 bucks.

Not really. I've played a lot of team shooters, and although Overwatch looks great I think I've had my fill of those mechanics. To each their own.

Also, please don't call something retarded just because you don't agree with it. It makes you look 13 years old, and most of the guys on here are in their 30's and 40's.

Kittens!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Competitive Overwatch Delayed; Balance Changes Discussed
14. Re: Competitive Overwatch Delayed; Balance Changes Discussed Jun 1, 2016, 12:40 sauron

I thought about getting this, and went back to TF2 to see if I really felt like a team shooter. A couple of hours later, I was all done.

I think I just don't go for them anymore, played too many. Anyhow, doing things this way saved me 40 bucks.

Kittens!

News Comments > Out of the Blue
6. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 1, 2016, 12:29 sauron

nin wrote on Jun 1, 2016, 09:23:
The Half Elf wrote on Jun 1, 2016, 09:05:
Get Gunnar a mohawk!

I second this!

I'd just get him clipped short all over, like a doggy badass marine.

Kittens!

4. Re: Out of the Blue May 31, 2016, 16:22 sauron

Agreed on the cable modem. I bought one when I signed up for service, and it will have paid for itself after about a year. Renting that stuff from the cable company ends up costing more than the modem is worth.  

Kittens!

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
3. Re: Morning Tech Bits May 31, 2016, 16:15 sauron

jdreyer wrote on May 31, 2016, 14:25:
Digital Storm Announces The Aura 34” All-in-One Featuring A 10-Core i7-6950X and GTX 1080 GPU.

That's pretty cool, but if you're going to put a GTX 1080 right behind the monitor, it should be one of the quieter multi-fan models. Or just go full liquid cooling for the GPU (CPU already liquid cooled).

I'd be pretty worried about cooling with that kind of setup as well.

Plus, I think you could probably build a well-cooled (liquid) custom microITX gaming rig and hook it up to a HDTV for maybe $400-$600 less than the stated price of that all-in-one. Not a rig that would incorporate a 1080, but a 1070, pretty sure.

Kittens!

News Comments > Witcher III: The Wild Hunt - Blood and Wine Released
22. Re: Witcher III: The Wild Hunt - Blood and Wine Released May 31, 2016, 16:08 sauron

ForgedReality wrote on May 31, 2016, 13:05:
ItBurn wrote on May 31, 2016, 11:41:
I'll be playing them eventually, in super easy mode, because the combat is terrible.

I don't know why people say this. The combat is fine. Have you even played the game? You want to dumb it down because it's "terrible," or you just lack the proper skill and it's too "hard?" Hmm...

I'm a few hours in to the main game, and am not having any real issues with the combat. It takes a little bit of adjustment after the slightly different setup in the previous game, but it's not bad.

That said, if people want to turn the combat difficulty down and focus more on the story, then I'm all for it. It's a single player game, not a contest. Play it however you want, and enjoy it.

Kittens!

News Comments > No Man's Sky Delay Confirmed
22. Re: No Man's Sky Delay Confirmed May 29, 2016, 09:23 sauron

I think this is a really interesting idea for a game, and applaud the design. Whether it will be fun to play is open to question, but I think I am willing to give it a shot.  

Kittens!

News Comments > Goat Simulator: Waste of Space
7. Re: Goat Simulator: Waste of Space May 28, 2016, 11:39 sauron

saluk wrote on May 27, 2016, 13:56:
In space, no one can hear you bleat.

LOL!

Kittens!

News Comments > Total War: WARHAMMER Sales Record
8. Re: Total War: WARHAMMER Sales Record May 28, 2016, 11:37 sauron

NetHead wrote on May 28, 2016, 07:10:
A crossover between two franchises Total War and Warhammer, gee all they had to do to get sale records was not screw it up. Shocker.

I wonder if they'll ever do a Total War:Lord of the Rings? Then I could play as Sauron. Crush the puny forces of men, detonate Minas Tirith, torture Gandalf, and eat hobbits(!). Very fun.

Kittens!

9. Re: Out of the Blue May 27, 2016, 13:39 sauron

nin wrote on May 27, 2016, 10:18:

Thanks Frans!

Seconded!

Kittens!

11. Re: Out of the Blue May 26, 2016, 15:05 sauron

Pigeon wrote on May 26, 2016, 14:52:
PHJF wrote on May 26, 2016, 14:21:
Man, fuck mouse producers. Previous Cooler Master mouse3 failed after months, and the Corsair I subsequently purchased is now losing tracking after eight (and doesn't track AT ALL on a brand new mousepad). I'll end up going to $10 RadioShack mice before long.

The mid budget level mice I've bought from logitech tend to last me a few years. The intensity of my gaming has dropped off a lot in the last few years though so I'm not using them particularly hard anymore.

I got a GAMDIAS Ourea GMS5500 gaming mouse (and a pair of their headphones) free when I bought something else, and I think the mouse is like $19 on Amazon.

I expected to hate it, and there's no way I'd use their software, but the actual mouse has been pretty darn good. Feels good in the hand, nice and weighty, good gaming performance, and nice long woven cord. Oh, and LEDs with like 7 different colors.

Kittens!

News Comments > No Man's Sky Delayed?
26. Re: No Man's Sky Delayed? May 26, 2016, 14:36 sauron

nin wrote on May 26, 2016, 13:59:
Dacron wrote on May 26, 2016, 13:52:
Has it been confirmed No Mans Sky will be devoid of gameplay/story, or is this all based off speculation and humour?

The videos I've seen don't show a lot of story or gameplay, besides flying around. If someone else has others, I'd love to see them...

I think it might be quite fun to bring about mass galaxy-wide extinctions. Although I'm probably biased...

Maybe that would be a bit extreme. How about mass galaxy-wide enslavement?

Or, you know, just populate a planet entirely with fluffy kittens?

Kittens!

3. Re: Out of the Blue May 26, 2016, 10:58 sauron

Cutter wrote on May 26, 2016, 10:23:
Is that English paper with the Obama article just a rag or is it just a poor satirical site in the style of The Onion, I can't tell. So what if aliens have been here. Still doesn't change the day to day drudgery most of us face.

It's actually a UK newspaper, a tabloid similar to the NY Post or NY Daily News. But boy oh boy is it bad.

On another note, the release of Overwatch made me think of TF2 so I went back and played a few rounds last night. I'd forgotten how much fun that game is. So ridiculous, it actually had me laughing out loud.

Kittens!

News Comments > New Unreal Tournament Map
11. Re: New Unreal Tournament Map May 26, 2016, 09:52 sauron

LittleMe wrote on May 26, 2016, 09:21:
Making cars as a front! I knew Rocket League was more than it seemed...

Rocket League has DeLoreans?

If not, they should definitely be added!

Kittens!

News Comments > Hardware Reviews
1. Re: Hardware Reviews May 26, 2016, 09:31 sauron

Corsair Lapdog Gaming Control Center

On top we find a surprisingly large 11” by 11” (279 x 279mm) mouse pad plate on the right hand side of the Lapdog, sadly this can’t be moved to the left side for the lefties.

Fail.

Also, uses a 17 foot cable, and costs over $200(!)

I game on the TV using a laptop lap cushion, a bluetooth keyboard and USB mouse. Total cost - maybe $50. No wires, and works for left or right handers. So much easier.

Kittens!

News Comments > New Unreal Tournament Map
8. Re: New Unreal Tournament Map May 26, 2016, 08:19 sauron

Kosumo wrote on May 26, 2016, 04:57:
Anyone know what the business model is for this product?

Manufacturing cars as a front for a major drug smuggling ring, as I remember...

Kittens!

24. Re: Out of the Blue May 25, 2016, 17:55 sauron

eRe4s3r wrote on May 25, 2016, 15:39:
Also I have to admit, when thinking of WoW, Alliance vs Orks is not what I would first think about as a decent setting.. that would be Undead vs Elves.... Undercity and all that, would be amazing, but maybe not PG13

Orcs are not exactly the best character actors. Plus, they tend to show up for work drunk.

It got so bad here that now I use a breathalyzer system. When they clock in they have to breath on a hobbit. If the hobbit has to go to rehab, they get put on kitchen detail.

Kittens!

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
2. Re: Morning Tech Bits May 25, 2016, 12:52 sauron

Also, as the article mentions, is it really worth upgrading if it just allows you to play your favorite game at 200fps instead of 90fps?

I don't see any reason to switch for anyone who is not heavily into VR and/or 4K gaming.

Kittens!

News Comments > Overwatch Launches
23. Re: Overwatch Launches May 24, 2016, 11:14 sauron

Quinn wrote on May 24, 2016, 10:57:
sauron wrote on May 24, 2016, 08:36:
Trevellian wrote on May 24, 2016, 07:48:
That combo is easily fucking handled by a Tracer Ult, Pharah, hell even a decent Junkrat would look at that combo as candy.

No offense, but is the cursing really necessary at 7:48am? You can make your point without looking like a 13 year old.

Does that word hurt your feelings? And if so, why do you think that is?

No, but it turned what could have bene an interesting post into whiny nasal pre-teen mallrat. Didn't you notice? If not, why not?

Kittens!

4. Re: Out of the Blue May 24, 2016, 10:54 sauron

I am letting the idea of getting Lasik surgery bounce around my mind a bit, though I think in the end I'm just too much of a coward to do it.

I have a friend who had Lasik about 10 years ago, and she says it was the best decision she ever took. Game-changer in her case, apparently, although I guess YMMV.

Kittens!

1822 Comments. 92 pages. Viewing page 8.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo