Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for sauron

Real Name sauron   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description God of death, destruction and decay. Likes fluffy kittens.
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 15, 2001, 03:31
Total Comments 1813 (Pro)
User ID 8692

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Elder Scrolls VI in Development
17. Re: Elder Scrolls VI in Development Jun 14, 2016, 12:00 sauron

I'm guessing Fall 2017 at the earliest. But I'm sure it'll be worth the wait. I love TES games, have them all (even Redguard), and have sunk hundreds of hours into them. Except for Oblivion, oddly enough - can never really get into that one for some reason.

I do think co-op would be awesome in a TES game. My kids have been asking for that since they started playing Skyrim.

Kittens!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Fallout 4 VR Plans
1. Re: Fallout 4 VR Plans Jun 13, 2016, 10:21 sauron

If they bring out Skyrim VR, I may have to take the plunge...  

Kittens!

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Special Edition
3. Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Special Edition Jun 13, 2016, 10:20 sauron

nin wrote on Jun 13, 2016, 09:49:
Been trying to figure out when to sandwich in another run, and I suspect this will be it. Easily my favorite of the series, and the only one I actually finished...but never got around to the DLC.

Since I have the game and the DLC, I guess I get to try this for free.

If you haven't played the DLC, it's worth it imho. I enjoyed Dawnfire and really enjoyed Dragonborn. Both very fun.

Kittens!

News Comments > Out of the Blue
6. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 10, 2016, 11:58 sauron

Blue wrote on Jun 10, 2016, 11:40:
JayDeath wrote on Jun 10, 2016, 11:23:
A few beers? Ha!
Pre 9-11, I used to sneak a few oil cans into Shea Stadium in my backpack every time I went to a game and it was glorious. That'll never happen again.

We went to a banner day doubleheader at Shea against the Cubs a million years ago and brought in a case of beer cans in a bag. Like you say, bygone times.

I used to love going to games at the old Yankee stadium back in the 90's, even though the beer was expensive. But the new stadium is sterile and boring, the tickets are expensive, the beer is even more expensive, and the team stinks.

Kittens!

News Comments > On DOOM Multiplayer
27. Re: On DOOM Multiplayer Jun 9, 2016, 16:10 sauron

Razumen wrote on Jun 9, 2016, 15:36:
Tachikoma wrote on Jun 9, 2016, 14:59:
Beamer wrote on Jun 9, 2016, 12:16:
Darks wrote on Jun 9, 2016, 12:13:
Razumen wrote on Jun 9, 2016, 11:09:
Beamer wrote on Jun 9, 2016, 10:59:
Razumen wrote on Jun 9, 2016, 10:42:
Jagacademy wrote on Jun 9, 2016, 10:36:
The Half Elf wrote on Jun 9, 2016, 09:53:
It looks interesting, but not a fan of the Pinata effect of baddies exploding and raining health and armor.

Just use your imagination. Armor is pretty easy, you can collect it off of your fallen enemies. As for health, in a lot of fantasy lore, demon blood often gives power to those who consume it, so just imagine it is healing you after killing them.

If you don't use your imagination to explain things away, the overwhelming majority of Fantasy and Science Fiction makes no sense whatsoever.

No to mention armor doesn't drop off enemies unless you use a specific rune, and the health and ammo drops are pretty rare unless you use glory kills, which can be mostly ignored.

Not to mention the plot is that you were found imprisoned in Hell because you're basically a demon killer sent from the Heavens. That killing demons is what keeps you alive and fuels you for more killing demons makes sense.

I think most people disliked the concept when watching videos, but when actually playing, you come around quickly. It keeps the flow so wonderful.

The heavens? Nowhere does it imply that. The hyperbolic verse is just to show how much hell feared him. The general consensus is that the player character is either the Doom marine after he got stuck in hell after Doom 3 RoE (Or possibly Doom 2 if you fudge the ending a bit) or that he was the last member of those Templar knights avenging his fallen civilization (Or possibly both, the Doom marine might've joined up with them beforehand, as they'd have had the same goals).

The point is, Hell fears the Doom Marine. Hoorah!! Crush those Demons Marine!

And there's evidence that it's tied into something more.

Regardless, your character is a perfect demon killing machine, and that, for some reason, killing demons fuels you, kind of fits to make that true. The demons slaughtered so many by simply existing, and you basically do the same to them.

I don`t really have anything to say, just wanted to see if I can make this multi-reply post even bigger. I already had to scroll it down, even in fullscreen on a 27".

Come on folks. There really is no need for this.

Come on, it's 2016, you can't block progress man. /s

Not meaning to make the multi-reply post even bigger(! ). Anyhow, I rather like this game mechanic. After all, drinking the blood of mortals definitely makes one stronger (and is delicious), so it seems to make perfect sense.

Kittens!

10. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 9, 2016, 12:45 sauron

Good luck Blue! Shelob and the orcs send their best wishes also.  

Kittens!

1. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 8, 2016, 09:44 sauron

Definitely a good idea to see a doctor. As Brian mentioned, you should check for bull's eye (erythema migrans) rash which is present in 70-80% of cases (ie most but not all). Here are the symptoms (from the CDC website):

http://www.cdc.gov/lyme/signs_symptoms/

Then again, it might just be a cold, but definitely best to check.

Good luck!

Kittens!

1. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 7, 2016, 10:50 sauron

Hope you feel better soon Blue!  

Kittens!

News Comments > Battlefield 1 Teaser Trailer
3. Re: Battlefield 1 Teaser Trailer Jun 7, 2016, 10:49 sauron

Might check this out IF they don't fill it with DLC which quadruples the cost of the game. And we all know that they will, so no DICE (pun intended).

Kittens!

News Comments > Blood Kickstarter Possible
8. Re: Blood Kickstarter Possible Jun 6, 2016, 11:32 sauron

VaranDragon wrote on Jun 6, 2016, 10:48:
I live, again...

Beat me to it - I was just about to post the same thing.

Kittens!

9. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 6, 2016, 11:31 sauron

all I can do on the anniversary of D-Day is marvel at the various amazing aspects of the Allied invasion of Europe during World War II

Same here. I've visited the Normandy beaches, and you can still see parts of the Mulberry harbors they transported all the way there from the English coast. Not to mention all those German bunkers. Just wow.

Kittens!

News Comments > Competitive Overwatch Delayed; Balance Changes Discussed
27. Re: Competitive Overwatch Delayed; Balance Changes Discussed Jun 1, 2016, 15:34 sauron

Nimh wrote on Jun 1, 2016, 14:05:
sauron wrote on Jun 1, 2016, 12:40:
I thought about getting this, and went back to TF2 to see if I really felt like a team shooter. A couple of hours later, I was all done.

I think I just don't go for them anymore, played too many. Anyhow, doing things this way saved me 40 bucks.

That's pretty damn retarded to be honest. I went back and played Doom 1993 to see if I'd like Doom 2016.. saved me 60 bucks.

Not really. I've played a lot of team shooters, and although Overwatch looks great I think I've had my fill of those mechanics. To each their own.

Also, please don't call something retarded just because you don't agree with it. It makes you look 13 years old, and most of the guys on here are in their 30's and 40's.

Kittens!

News Comments > Competitive Overwatch Delayed; Balance Changes Discussed
14. Re: Competitive Overwatch Delayed; Balance Changes Discussed Jun 1, 2016, 12:40 sauron

I thought about getting this, and went back to TF2 to see if I really felt like a team shooter. A couple of hours later, I was all done.

I think I just don't go for them anymore, played too many. Anyhow, doing things this way saved me 40 bucks.

Kittens!

6. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 1, 2016, 12:29 sauron

nin wrote on Jun 1, 2016, 09:23:
The Half Elf wrote on Jun 1, 2016, 09:05:
Get Gunnar a mohawk!

I second this!

I'd just get him clipped short all over, like a doggy badass marine.

Kittens!

4. Re: Out of the Blue May 31, 2016, 16:22 sauron

Agreed on the cable modem. I bought one when I signed up for service, and it will have paid for itself after about a year. Renting that stuff from the cable company ends up costing more than the modem is worth.  

Kittens!

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
3. Re: Morning Tech Bits May 31, 2016, 16:15 sauron

jdreyer wrote on May 31, 2016, 14:25:
Digital Storm Announces The Aura 34 All-in-One Featuring A 10-Core i7-6950X and GTX 1080 GPU.

That's pretty cool, but if you're going to put a GTX 1080 right behind the monitor, it should be one of the quieter multi-fan models. Or just go full liquid cooling for the GPU (CPU already liquid cooled).

I'd be pretty worried about cooling with that kind of setup as well.

Plus, I think you could probably build a well-cooled (liquid) custom microITX gaming rig and hook it up to a HDTV for maybe $400-$600 less than the stated price of that all-in-one. Not a rig that would incorporate a 1080, but a 1070, pretty sure.

Kittens!

News Comments > Witcher III: The Wild Hunt - Blood and Wine Released
22. Re: Witcher III: The Wild Hunt - Blood and Wine Released May 31, 2016, 16:08 sauron

ForgedReality wrote on May 31, 2016, 13:05:
ItBurn wrote on May 31, 2016, 11:41:
I'll be playing them eventually, in super easy mode, because the combat is terrible.

I don't know why people say this. The combat is fine. Have you even played the game? You want to dumb it down because it's "terrible," or you just lack the proper skill and it's too "hard?" Hmm...

I'm a few hours in to the main game, and am not having any real issues with the combat. It takes a little bit of adjustment after the slightly different setup in the previous game, but it's not bad.

That said, if people want to turn the combat difficulty down and focus more on the story, then I'm all for it. It's a single player game, not a contest. Play it however you want, and enjoy it.

Kittens!

News Comments > No Man's Sky Delay Confirmed
22. Re: No Man's Sky Delay Confirmed May 29, 2016, 09:23 sauron

I think this is a really interesting idea for a game, and applaud the design. Whether it will be fun to play is open to question, but I think I am willing to give it a shot.  

Kittens!

News Comments > Goat Simulator: Waste of Space
7. Re: Goat Simulator: Waste of Space May 28, 2016, 11:39 sauron

saluk wrote on May 27, 2016, 13:56:
In space, no one can hear you bleat.

LOL!

Kittens!

News Comments > Total War: WARHAMMER Sales Record
8. Re: Total War: WARHAMMER Sales Record May 28, 2016, 11:37 sauron

NetHead wrote on May 28, 2016, 07:10:
A crossover between two franchises Total War and Warhammer, gee all they had to do to get sale records was not screw it up. Shocker.

I wonder if they'll ever do a Total War:Lord of the Rings? Then I could play as Sauron. Crush the puny forces of men, detonate Minas Tirith, torture Gandalf, and eat hobbits(!). Very fun.

Kittens!

1813 Comments. 91 pages. Viewing page 7.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo