Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for sauron

Real Name sauron   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description God of death, destruction and decay. Likes fluffy kittens.
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 15, 2001, 03:31
Total Comments 1824 (Pro)
User ID 8692

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
41. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 20, 2017, 15:34 sauron

Mr. Tact wrote on Jan 20, 2017, 14:42:
I can't figure out if Trump will actually do something which will get him impeached or not.

Same here. I'll be grabbing the hobbit-flavored popcorn and watching the whole lurid show.

I'm also wondering if he's gonna get fired for something he's already done in his professional or personal life that finally sees the light of day. That guy has even more skeletons in his closet than I do. And I have whole rooms full of closets, that are chock-full of skeletons!!! Some of which are actually pretty good at conversation, but that's a whole other thing...

Kittens!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

38. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 20, 2017, 14:22 sauron

Honestly, as the Undead Tyrant Lord of Pain and Murder, even I'd make a better President than this asshole. Rolleyes  

Kittens!

21. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 25, 2016, 20:39 sauron

Happy holidays, mortals!

After a dinner of roast Fell Beast (aka a gigantic and somewhat bad-tempered turkey), Ms Sauron #1 and Ms. Sauron #2 are binge-watching Studio Ghibli movies (currently Whisper of the Heart).

Breakfast tomorrow will be hobbit pancakes.

I'm enjoying the break, and look forward to taking over Middle Earth in 2017.

Kittens!

20. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 23, 2016, 16:07 sauron

jdreyer wrote on Dec 23, 2016, 12:48:
K, y'all. Serious question:

What's your favorite Christmas movie?

I'm a bit partial to Tim Burton's Nightmare Before Christmas myself.

I rather like The Fellowship of the Ring, with the alternate ending where all the hobbits die.

Oh, and favorite Xmas carol is 'The Twelve Days of Christmas':

On the Fifth day of Christmas, Lord Sauron gave to me, Five Gold Rings!

Mwuahahahahha. Foolish mortals.

Kittens!

9. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 19, 2016, 13:08 sauron

RoboNerd wrote on Dec 19, 2016, 12:56:
Mr. Blue,

Take it from a retired food safety professional - buy yourself a digital probe thermometer. And then USE it.

That goes for all the Bluesnation... Chef

Seconded. I used to be a veterinarian, and we had to do food safety courses and meat inspection training in abattoirs. You do NOT want to see some of the infections coming down that line.

Needless to say I now choose my cuts of hobbit VERY carefully, and have my slaves cook them well.

Kittens!

16. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 15, 2016, 14:43 sauron

Pigeon wrote on Dec 15, 2016, 14:23:
jdreyer wrote on Dec 15, 2016, 13:53:
the you-know-what test...

Fertility test?

A Turing test, can Blue tell if it's a human doctor or a sophisticated android that links to WebMD.

The "What Undead Creature Are You" Test

Hint: I'm a Lich.

Kittens!

News Comments > Torment in February
10. Re: Torment in February Dec 15, 2016, 10:07 sauron

nin wrote on Dec 15, 2016, 08:30:
Pineapple Ferguson wrote on Dec 15, 2016, 00:40:
I'm a backer. I'm excited for this. Have not played any of the early release iterations.

Yeah, I thought about checking out the beta, but decided I'd rather see it in a released state. Looking forward to it...

Same here - I backed this and am looking forward to it. I still have PS:T installed on almost every computer at Barad-Dur.

Kittens!

10. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 13, 2016, 15:48 sauron

Pigeon wrote on Dec 13, 2016, 13:27:
sauron wrote on Dec 13, 2016, 12:32:
Chilis (jarred or fresh, sliced and seeded)
1 Alarm: No peppers
3 Alarm: 5 oz hot jalapeno peppers
5 Alarm: Hot: Three habanero peppers and a few jalapenos or some chipoltle
Weapons grade: Seven habanero peppers

I had a successful growing season here on the windowsills of Barad-Dur. My habanero plant had a field day and produced 15 or so nice ripe chilis, and my scotch bonnet plant is also producing a crop right now.

Any suggestions of the best way to use these little bombs is welcome. Chili would be good but I'm vegetarian (no, really!). I do eat fish and seafood (so pescatarian, I guess).

Anyone have a killer (not literally) hot sauce recipe?

Thanks!

But you still eat hobbits right? After all they're basically the same thing as shrimp.

Absolutely, they definitely count as shrimp. And elves count as vegetables.

I did think of having habanero-stuffed hobbit. Aside from the deliciousness of the dish, hearing them squeal as they ate the habaneros would be priceless!

Agent-Zero wrote on Dec 13, 2016, 14:50:
3-4 cups chopped chilis (fresh)
2 cups chopped tomato (fresh)
1/2 cup chopped onion (fresh)
1 cup white vinegar
1/2 cup honey
2 tblspn olive oil
fresh chopped herbs of your choice (cilantro, oregano and thyme work quite well)

puree in a blender until smooth and silky

Thank you! I will try this.

Kittens!

4. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 13, 2016, 12:32 sauron

Chilis (jarred or fresh, sliced and seeded)
1 Alarm: No peppers
3 Alarm: 5 oz hot jalapeno peppers
5 Alarm: Hot: Three habanero peppers and a few jalapenos or some chipoltle
Weapons grade: Seven habanero peppers

I had a successful growing season here on the windowsills of Barad-Dur. My habanero plant had a field day and produced 15 or so nice ripe chilis, and my scotch bonnet plant is also producing a crop right now.

Any suggestions of the best way to use these little bombs is welcome. Chili would be good but I'm vegetarian (no, really!). I do eat fish and seafood (so pescatarian, I guess).

Anyone have a killer (not literally) hot sauce recipe?

Thanks!

Kittens!

6. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 7, 2016, 14:40 sauron

"Suicide Squad" Eviscerated In Honest Trailer.

I laughed pretty hard at this, thanks for posting it. Funny thing is, I really enjoyed Suicide Squad, but didn't really like Captain America: Civil War.

I guess we bad guys have to stick together.

Kittens!

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 PvP Revamp and Wintersday Next Week
4. Re: Guild Wars 2 PvP Revamp and Wintersday Next Week Dec 7, 2016, 14:31 sauron

I played GW2 for quite a while, hit level cap on multiple characters and got my Legendary weapon, etc. I had an absolute blast in PvE.

And I had even more of a blast in multiplayer. WvWvW is probably the best form of PvP I have tried, in any game, ever. Running around as part of the Jade Quarry server army was just incredibly fun.

If anyone hasn't played GW2 and is even slightly intrigued by the idea, then definitely give it a shot. It's great.

Kittens!

3. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 2, 2016, 11:56 sauron

nin wrote on Dec 2, 2016, 10:44:

UT99 was fucking awesome, and still my favorite of the series. Played the hell out of Morpheus and Facing Worlds...

You and me both, nin. Facing Worlds UT99 CTF is one of the best multiplayer experiences I've had in gaming. Just so fun!

Kittens!

News Comments > GOG.Com Winter Sale Includes Free NWN; Steam Sale Dated
8. Re: GOG.Com Winter Sale Includes Free NWN; Steam Sale Dated Dec 1, 2016, 13:48 sauron

panbient wrote on Dec 1, 2016, 12:33:
sauron wrote on Dec 1, 2016, 11:37:
Hordes of the Underdark. One of my favorite CRPG stories ever. It was ace.

I preferred Mask of the Betrayer for NWN2 but I can't count how many times I played through HotU back in the day. I've already bought NWN a few times but I'll definitely tag it to my GOG account for the future.

The visuals might be a bit dated as it's a 3d engine from the early 2000s but I cannot recommend Neverwinter Nights enough to anyone who's ever remotely enjoyed a D&D game.

Same here. My only minor gripe is that the vanilla campaign that comes with the game isn't that great. Just go straight for the expansions, or some of the user-created modules, which are much, much better.

Strangely, I could never get into Mask of the Betrayer for NWN2 - no idea why. It looks as though it should be really fun, and the reviews were excellent.

Kittens!

News Comments > GOG.Com Winter Sale Includes Free NWN; Steam Sale Dated
4. Re: GOG.Com Winter Sale Includes Free NWN; Steam Sale Dated Dec 1, 2016, 11:37 sauron

Creston wrote on Dec 1, 2016, 11:20:
That underdark expansion for NWN was the freaking BOMB. Can't remember what it was called, but it was just amazing.

Hordes of the Underdark. One of my favorite CRPG stories ever. It was ace.

Kittens!

17. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 29, 2016, 16:57 sauron

RedEye9 wrote on Nov 29, 2016, 16:20:
sauron wrote on Nov 29, 2016, 12:28:
RedEye9 wrote on Nov 29, 2016, 12:25:
sauron wrote on Nov 29, 2016, 12:22:
Guys, I'm trying to file a claim for my two NVidia GTX970 cards per the class action:

NVidia class action

But the site is not allowing me to upload proofs of purchase. Anyone had similar issues?

Thanks!
Use a different browser. What did google say?

I tried Chrome and Firefox. I guess I could try IE but I'm not sure I even have it installed...
#Never_IE

The webmaster responsible for this outrage has been duly impaled, and now hangs sadly outside the gate of Barad-Dur.

Customer serviced indeed.

Kittens!

7. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 29, 2016, 13:05 sauron

Cutter wrote on Nov 29, 2016, 12:48:
Guys, I'm trying to file a claim for my two NVidia GTX970 cards per the class action:

NVidia class action

But the site is not allowing me to upload proofs of purchase. Anyone had similar issues?

Thanks!

You're trying to file claim for the class action and their site won't let you? Gee, what a coincidence. Wry

Email the webmaster, heh.

I did manage to upload the documentation, and filed the claim(s), although to do so I had to install Internet Explorer (and threw up in my mouth a little while doing so).

I also sent the orcs over, to 'discuss' the site with their webmaster. With a nice, big, pointy spike. Guess where that's gonna go...

Kittens!

5. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 29, 2016, 12:28 sauron

RedEye9 wrote on Nov 29, 2016, 12:25:

NVidia class action

Thanks!
Use a different browser. What did google say?

I tried Chrome and Firefox. I guess I could try IE but I'm not sure I even have it installed...

Kittens!

3. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 29, 2016, 12:22 sauron

NVidia class action

Thanks!

Kittens!

24. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 27, 2016, 11:11 sauron

1badmf wrote on Nov 27, 2016, 00:03:
Creston wrote on Nov 26, 2016, 23:27:
sauron wrote on Nov 26, 2016, 20:58:
Hmm, while browsing the All-Seeing Eye network here at Barad-Dur, I noticed what seems like a good deal online.

Surface Pro 3 deal

And shipping to Mordor is free, via Hobbit Special Delivery.

So the deal seems to include both entertainment, and dinner...

Any comments welcome - would this thing run Divinity: Original Sin? And maybe Pillars of Eternity? Thanks for advice.

I would stay faaaaaar the fuck away from Surfaces. I support them at work and they are non-stop problems. Microsoft is STILL trying to fix the battery life issues on the Surface 3 (and have been for well over a year now.)

that's surprising. i have a surface 3 that i bought for black friday last year. its battery life is one of its pluses i feel. maybe i just got lucky but i've gone through a bunch of cheap notebooks and the surface was the first one that really did everything i wanted.

Thanks guys. The deal is so good that I will probably order one.

Plus, Microsoft has been informed of the consequences of displeasing Mordor (ie total annihilation).

So their customer service has been really quite helpful.

Kittens!

16. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 26, 2016, 22:04 sauron

jdreyer wrote on Nov 26, 2016, 21:32:
Mordhaus wrote on Nov 26, 2016, 17:51:
Rogue One 'official' final trailer...releases new one a day later.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YWNvdoRnNv8

They must be really worried about people showing up. This is the fifth trailer or something. After TFA, I'm not very interested. I'm going to see Dr. Strange and Arrival before R1.

I took Ms. Sauron 1 and Ms. Sauron 2 (and relevant orcs) to see Dr. Strange this evening in Queens. ^^

Must admit it was pretty decent. Even though the levels of sorcery on show were somewhat amateurish...

Kittens!

1824 Comments. 92 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo