Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for sauron

Real Name sauron   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description God of death, destruction and decay. Likes fluffy kittens.
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 15, 2001, 03:31
Total Comments 1928 (Pro)
User ID 8692

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
13. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 19, 2018, 14:26 sauron

mellis wrote on Mar 19, 2018, 14:20:
SirKnight wrote on Mar 19, 2018, 13:21:

The crab is not scared, it's doing what crabs do. They fight. When an animal fights, it's not scared, it's high on adrenaline and will get it on until it's done.

Really? Seems the crab's actions are precisely described by the fight or flight response, which at its heart is fear and the overriding motivation to survive.

Yep, it's driven by the sympathetic nervous system, and adrenaline (or equivalent in crustaceans).

Uh, the MS link is interesting, but that therapy is only really for patients who don't respond to the newer drugs, such as Ocrelizumab. The MS space is filling up with good therapies, which is good news for most patients.

Uh, back to gaming. Anyone heard any buzz about Ni No Kuni 2?

Kittens!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > HTC VIVE Pro Preorders
21. Re: HTC VIVE Pro Preorders Mar 19, 2018, 14:20 sauron

HoSpanky wrote on Mar 19, 2018, 10:34:
sauron wrote on Mar 19, 2018, 10:24:
Dev wrote on Mar 19, 2018, 10:16:
4.6 megapixel vs 3.5 megapixel, and better sound for what, twice the current price of the non pro once you add in all the extras needed?

And no, I'm not looking to pay monthly for anything.

Doesn't sound like an amazing thing

VR sounds cool, but not for $800 before tax, plus cost of upgrades to rig. And also, subscriptions services... uh, no thanks...

You can get in WAY cheaper than $800. This is an absurd price point for just the headset, but itís because HTC canít afford to sell their hardware at or below cost like Facebook can. Canít imagine there will be a ton of takers on this, aside from VaRcades.

Thanks, that was helpful. Was wondering what the cost of VR is from the starting point of a decent gaming rig (i7-6700k and GTX970).

Then again, Ni No Kuni 2 just came out, so maybe I'll just play that instead.

Kittens!

News Comments > HTC VIVE Pro Preorders
3. Re: HTC VIVE Pro Preorders Mar 19, 2018, 10:24 sauron

Dev wrote on Mar 19, 2018, 10:16:
4.6 megapixel vs 3.5 megapixel, and better sound for what, twice the current price of the non pro once you add in all the extras needed?

And no, I'm not looking to pay monthly for anything.

Doesn't sound like an amazing thing

VR sounds cool, but not for $800 before tax, plus cost of upgrades to rig. And also, subscriptions services... uh, no thanks...

Kittens!

News Comments > FINAL FANTASY XV Demo
16. Re: FINAL FANTASY XV Demo Feb 27, 2018, 10:53 sauron

MacLeod wrote on Feb 27, 2018, 09:00:
Darks wrote on Feb 27, 2018, 08:25:
Tried the game out last night and was pleasantly surprised. So, is the full game an MMO and are you able to create a char or are you stuck playing these 4 only?

There was a DLC called Comrades that allowed you to generate a character, and take on quests with up to 3 other people. The main game is not an MMO, it's a classic Final Fantasy game. XI and XIV are the MMOs.

If you're into MMOs, I can fully recommend FFXIV - it's excellent.

Regarding the current game (FFXV) I'll probably pick it up when it comes out, Looks good.

Kittens!

News Comments > DUSK Early Access
4. Re: DUSK Early Access Jan 11, 2018, 12:30 sauron

maddog wrote on Jan 11, 2018, 12:08:
that trailer gave me a seizure

^ This.

Kittens!

News Comments > Dark Souls Remastered for PCs?
2. Re: Dark Souls Remastered for PCs? Jan 11, 2018, 11:02 sauron

Not sure about Dark Souls, but I'll definitely be picking up Ys VIII for the Switch when it comes out - it was in the same announcement. Base-building island-exploring JRPG for the win!  

Kittens!

5. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 10, 2018, 12:32 sauron

RedEye9 wrote on Jan 10, 2018, 11:57:
sauron wrote on Jan 10, 2018, 11:43:
Uh, did you guys see this? It just came up this morning...

Cyberpunk 2077 Twitter reawakens

CD Projekt RED planning an announcement?
They can take as long as they need and chew up as many hobbit developers as required for this title. the more the merrier
@beep@
imho

Chewing up hobbit developers ensures excellence of the final product. Also advisable to send out hobbit snacks with review copies. Industry-wide wisdom.

Kittens!

2. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 10, 2018, 11:43 sauron

Uh, did you guys see this? It just came up this morning...

Cyberpunk 2077 Twitter reawakens

CD Projekt RED planning an announcement?

Kittens!

News Comments > NVIDIA BFGD Revealed
28. Re: NVIDIA BFGD Revealed Jan 8, 2018, 23:03 sauron

RaZ0r! wrote on Jan 8, 2018, 19:16:
What's the deal with this push to get PC gaming into the living room? Seems like it's been going on for decades, and hasn't worked yet. Who benefits if we all start PC gaming on the couch? Not sure I get it.

I was resistant to this as well until I tried it over a Steam Link onto my HDTV. After that, I was totally sold. Playing on the TV (these days from a gaming rig attached directly via HDMI) makes the whole thing really fun, relaxed and family friendly (depending on the game of course).

Now I can teach my daughters the wonders of PC RPGs on the big screen. And they really dig it. So fun.

Kittens!

20. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 8, 2018, 16:45 sauron

Beamer wrote on Jan 8, 2018, 16:22:
sauron wrote on Jan 8, 2018, 16:08:
Happy Birthday Frans!

On another note - the orcs and I finished Zelda:BotW yesterday. The Big Bad Evil Guy in the game met the real thing, and got his ass righteously kicked.

Breath of the Wild might actually be the best game I've ever played. Highly recommended by yours truly and the usual suspects.

That you said at least as good as TW3 is insane to me. Not like "you're crazy" insane, but "someone matched that?" insane.

A Switch isn't high on my list, but I'm guessing I end up with one on Black Friday this year.

Yeah, they're different games, but they both have the ability to suck the player right into the game world. I think Morrowind did that as well for me, and a few others (maybe Skyrim), although everyone has their own favorites.

Anyhow, if you do pick up a Switch, pretty sure you won't regret it.

Kittens!

18. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 8, 2018, 16:20 sauron

jdreyer wrote on Jan 8, 2018, 15:22:
New street light runs on dog waste.

The tricky part is training the dogs to crap in the Mr. Fusion receptacle.

This made me lol, btw. Well played.

Kittens!

17. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 8, 2018, 16:08 sauron

Happy Birthday Frans!

On another note - the orcs and I finished Zelda:BotW yesterday. The Big Bad Evil Guy in the game met the real thing, and got his ass righteously kicked.

Breath of the Wild might actually be the best game I've ever played. Highly recommended by yours truly and the usual suspects.

Kittens!

News Comments > NVIDIA BFGD Revealed
18. Re: NVIDIA BFGD Revealed Jan 8, 2018, 15:56 sauron

Creston wrote on Jan 8, 2018, 14:36:
Tipsy McStagger wrote on Jan 8, 2018, 12:20:
Creston wrote on Jan 8, 2018, 12:13:
Big Fucking Gaming Display.

I don't imagine too many people have a PC setup where a 65 inch screen is all that useful...

That where you're wrong friend, I play on my 70" TV and have been waiting for something like this.

There are always exceptions.

Actually, one of my gaming rigs is hooked up to a Samsung 55 inch 4k TV and soundbar, with wireless keyboard/mouse and a wireless PS4 controller. The TV was on sale on Black Friday 2016 and I got it for a great price.

That kind of setup might be more common than you think - with the advent of HDMI and affordable sound systems they're really easy to put together. Basically the same as hooking up a PS4 or Switch.

Kittens!

10. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 6, 2018, 16:48 sauron

So for the record, here's help with your final 12 days of Christmas inventory: You should now be in possession of 12 drummers drumming, 22 pipers piping, 30 lords-a-leaping, 36 ladies dancing, 40 maids-a-milking, 42 swans-a-swimming, 42 geese-a-laying, 40 golden rings, 36 calling birds, 30 French hens, 22 turtle doves, and a 12 partridges in a dozen pear trees.

We did have all those here at Barad-Dur, but the trolls got hungry, so now they're all gone.

Kittens!

9. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 6, 2018, 16:48 sauron

Pigeon wrote on Jan 6, 2018, 14:07:
Anyone have recommendations for sub-$100 gaming headphones? Thinking about replacing my Razer Kraken 7.1's; the mic button doesn't work anymore, the material that covers the padding has deteriorated, and the software/drivers like to randomly break.

Noise cancellation isn't a big deal, and my onboard sound is decent (Realtek ALC1150), so 3.5mm connectors are viable.

I've been looking at the Steelseries Arctis 5/3s. Along with being great for gaming they're supposedly pretty good with music as well (once you adjust the EQ). One thing I'm curious about though is if you're connecting through 3.5mm is it still using the headset's sound-card? From what I understand, through a convoluted process, you can still configure the headphones if you're using the 3.5mm jack. This makes me think it's still using the headphones' sound card.

Anyways other recommendations are welcome. My current headphones more or less work fine, I'm just annoyed with them for the above stated reasons.

My GF got me a pair of Bose noise-canceling headphones for Xmas, on sale at $175. They're not gaming cans per se, but boy are they good.

Kittens!

News Comments > Saturday Consolidation
3. Re: Saturday Consolidation Jan 6, 2018, 16:43 sauron

HoSpanky wrote on Jan 6, 2018, 14:14:
RedEye9 wrote on Jan 6, 2018, 12:15:
Yes, we know the Wii U was crap.
They should have never used reused the Wii branding on it.

The Wii U wasnít crap, it wasnít named/advertised properly. People thought it was just a new Wii (using the same games) and didnít buy it because their current Wii worked fine or wasnít used at all. It was a surprisingly good machine...while ps4/xbone owners were concerned with which console had 900p vs 1080p at 30fps, EVERY first party Wii U game ran at a solid 1080/60.

I bought a Switch a few months ago, and my daughters and I have been playing the heck out of Zelda and Mario, and still have to get into Xenoblade 2 and (again) Skyrim.

Playing those games made me nostalgic for the Wii U, and so we hooked the old machine back up to the TV and have been playing Xenoblade X and Zelda HD on it.

They're honestly really good - maybe the success of the Switch will give the Wii U a last hurrah?

Kittens!

2. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 5, 2018, 11:08 sauron

Bill Borre wrote on Jan 5, 2018, 10:34:
I'm not sure why you would want a white penis?

Maybe it glows in the dark? Just speculating.

Kittens!

News Comments > Star Control Rights Follow-up
11. Re: Star Control Rights Follow-up Dec 5, 2017, 15:59 sauron

...our vast team of lawyers is on vacation, and not available to help us understand this...

You mean the Gunnar-man?

Kittens!

News Comments > Government Simulator Released
4. Re: Government Simulator Released Dec 5, 2017, 10:57 sauron

Aren't we living the real-life version of this game already?  

Kittens!

11. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 29, 2017, 15:29 sauron

DarkV wrote on Nov 29, 2017, 11:54:
Creston wrote on Nov 29, 2017, 11:00:
I remember my dad coming home one day, 1975 or 76 or so, and had a little box with two paddle controllers in his hand that he'd bought that day. It was the Pong console. We played the hell out of it for awhile.

That started my life-long addiction to computer games. Thanks dad!

Have to second this....I'm sure most of us have the same story as Creston. Next up for me was the Intellivision...tho it seemed all my friends got the Atari.

Same here - I had Pong, and then the Intellivision. Intellivision soccer was awesome.

Kittens!

1928 Comments. 97 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo