Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for sauron

Real Name sauron   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description God of death, destruction and decay. Likes fluffy kittens.
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 15, 2001, 03:31
Total Comments 1813 (Pro)
User ID 8692

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
3. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 2, 2016, 11:56 sauron

nin wrote on Dec 2, 2016, 10:44:

UT99 was fucking awesome, and still my favorite of the series. Played the hell out of Morpheus and Facing Worlds...

You and me both, nin. Facing Worlds UT99 CTF is one of the best multiplayer experiences I've had in gaming. Just so fun!

Kittens!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > GOG.Com Winter Sale Includes Free NWN; Steam Sale Dated
8. Re: GOG.Com Winter Sale Includes Free NWN; Steam Sale Dated Dec 1, 2016, 13:48 sauron

panbient wrote on Dec 1, 2016, 12:33:
sauron wrote on Dec 1, 2016, 11:37:
Hordes of the Underdark. One of my favorite CRPG stories ever. It was ace.

I preferred Mask of the Betrayer for NWN2 but I can't count how many times I played through HotU back in the day. I've already bought NWN a few times but I'll definitely tag it to my GOG account for the future.

The visuals might be a bit dated as it's a 3d engine from the early 2000s but I cannot recommend Neverwinter Nights enough to anyone who's ever remotely enjoyed a D&D game.

Same here. My only minor gripe is that the vanilla campaign that comes with the game isn't that great. Just go straight for the expansions, or some of the user-created modules, which are much, much better.

Strangely, I could never get into Mask of the Betrayer for NWN2 - no idea why. It looks as though it should be really fun, and the reviews were excellent.

Kittens!

News Comments > GOG.Com Winter Sale Includes Free NWN; Steam Sale Dated
4. Re: GOG.Com Winter Sale Includes Free NWN; Steam Sale Dated Dec 1, 2016, 11:37 sauron

Creston wrote on Dec 1, 2016, 11:20:
That underdark expansion for NWN was the freaking BOMB. Can't remember what it was called, but it was just amazing.

Hordes of the Underdark. One of my favorite CRPG stories ever. It was ace.

Kittens!

17. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 29, 2016, 16:57 sauron

RedEye9 wrote on Nov 29, 2016, 16:20:
sauron wrote on Nov 29, 2016, 12:28:
RedEye9 wrote on Nov 29, 2016, 12:25:
sauron wrote on Nov 29, 2016, 12:22:
Guys, I'm trying to file a claim for my two NVidia GTX970 cards per the class action:

NVidia class action

But the site is not allowing me to upload proofs of purchase. Anyone had similar issues?

Thanks!
Use a different browser. What did google say?

I tried Chrome and Firefox. I guess I could try IE but I'm not sure I even have it installed...
#Never_IE

The webmaster responsible for this outrage has been duly impaled, and now hangs sadly outside the gate of Barad-Dur.

Customer serviced indeed.

Kittens!

7. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 29, 2016, 13:05 sauron

Cutter wrote on Nov 29, 2016, 12:48:
Guys, I'm trying to file a claim for my two NVidia GTX970 cards per the class action:

NVidia class action

But the site is not allowing me to upload proofs of purchase. Anyone had similar issues?

Thanks!

You're trying to file claim for the class action and their site won't let you? Gee, what a coincidence. Wry

Email the webmaster, heh.

I did manage to upload the documentation, and filed the claim(s), although to do so I had to install Internet Explorer (and threw up in my mouth a little while doing so).

I also sent the orcs over, to 'discuss' the site with their webmaster. With a nice, big, pointy spike. Guess where that's gonna go...

Kittens!

5. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 29, 2016, 12:28 sauron

RedEye9 wrote on Nov 29, 2016, 12:25:

NVidia class action

Thanks!
Use a different browser. What did google say?

I tried Chrome and Firefox. I guess I could try IE but I'm not sure I even have it installed...

Kittens!

3. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 29, 2016, 12:22 sauron

NVidia class action

Thanks!

Kittens!

24. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 27, 2016, 11:11 sauron

1badmf wrote on Nov 27, 2016, 00:03:
Creston wrote on Nov 26, 2016, 23:27:
sauron wrote on Nov 26, 2016, 20:58:
Hmm, while browsing the All-Seeing Eye network here at Barad-Dur, I noticed what seems like a good deal online.

Surface Pro 3 deal

And shipping to Mordor is free, via Hobbit Special Delivery.

So the deal seems to include both entertainment, and dinner...

Any comments welcome - would this thing run Divinity: Original Sin? And maybe Pillars of Eternity? Thanks for advice.

I would stay faaaaaar the fuck away from Surfaces. I support them at work and they are non-stop problems. Microsoft is STILL trying to fix the battery life issues on the Surface 3 (and have been for well over a year now.)

that's surprising. i have a surface 3 that i bought for black friday last year. its battery life is one of its pluses i feel. maybe i just got lucky but i've gone through a bunch of cheap notebooks and the surface was the first one that really did everything i wanted.

Thanks guys. The deal is so good that I will probably order one.

Plus, Microsoft has been informed of the consequences of displeasing Mordor (ie total annihilation).

So their customer service has been really quite helpful.

Kittens!

16. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 26, 2016, 22:04 sauron

jdreyer wrote on Nov 26, 2016, 21:32:
Mordhaus wrote on Nov 26, 2016, 17:51:
Rogue One 'official' final trailer...releases new one a day later.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YWNvdoRnNv8

They must be really worried about people showing up. This is the fifth trailer or something. After TFA, I'm not very interested. I'm going to see Dr. Strange and Arrival before R1.

I took Ms. Sauron 1 and Ms. Sauron 2 (and relevant orcs) to see Dr. Strange this evening in Queens. ^^

Must admit it was pretty decent. Even though the levels of sorcery on show were somewhat amateurish...

Kittens!

10. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 26, 2016, 20:58 sauron

Hmm, while browsing the All-Seeing Eye network here at Barad-Dur, I noticed what seems like a good deal online.

Surface Pro 3 deal

And shipping to Mordor is free, via Hobbit Special Delivery.

So the deal seems to include both entertainment, and dinner...

Any comments welcome - would this thing run Divinity: Original Sin? And maybe Pillars of Eternity? Thanks for advice.

Kittens!

6. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 21, 2016, 12:36 sauron

Happy Birthday Blue! And yep, the Giants have been fun to watch (most of the time) this season.  

Kittens!

News Comments > Star Citizen Schedule, Videos, Sale
44. Re: Star Citizen Schedule, Videos, Sale Nov 19, 2016, 20:24 sauron

jdreyer wrote on Nov 19, 2016, 13:30:
The Half Elf wrote on Nov 19, 2016, 12:12:
You want new contributors Chris Roberts? THEN SHIP THE FUCKING GAME YOU PROMISED TO HAVE SHIPPED BY NOW!
"New money will go towards concept and top tier ships"

WTF DUDE WHERE IS THE FUCKING MONEY THAT WAS ALREADY GIVEN TO YOU?!?

Also want to know the specs of the systems, cause we went through this shit with Alan Wake and the mega computer from the future they used for the tech demo's and come to find out it was pretty much gutted to work on a 360.
Fuck it.

DEREK SMART
DEREK SMART
DEREK SMART
Did you draw a pentagram and spread fresh chicken entrails about?

nin and I figured out the ritual for this a few years ago. Chicken entrails are not required, but you do need a donkey... and it has to be the biggest one you can locate...

Kittens!

19. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 18, 2016, 13:56 sauron

Spiders kind of have free rein around here. I mean, Shelob is about 20 feet long, from razor-sharp poisoned mandible to venomous tail sting, so people don't really mess with her.

I occasionally get to ride around on her back when we go hobbit hunting, which is kind of fun (unless you're a hobbit)...

Kittens!

14. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 11, 2016, 15:40 sauron

Paranoid Jack wrote on Nov 11, 2016, 11:17:
A huge heartfelt thank you to all those that have served. Thank you all.

I second/third/fourth this sentiment. Thanks to all who have served to keep this country safe and preserve liberty. God bless you all.

Kittens!

16. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 9, 2016, 12:27 sauron

Here in Mordor, we closed our borders to Americans today. You guys are even more dangerous than we are...  

Kittens!

News Comments > Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon for Free
5. Re: Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon for Free Nov 9, 2016, 12:24 sauron

I have picked up most of the Ubi free games in this program. BGAE, Splinter Cell, Prince of Persia, and now this. What's not to like?  

Kittens!

12. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 8, 2016, 12:16 sauron

MajorD wrote on Nov 8, 2016, 11:44:
Either way, we're F&?KED!!!

It saddens me when I look at all the smearing during the election campaigns with all the ping pong of comments made about each other. They're all supposed to be professional politicians representing this country and all the citizens of, but they act like bickering school children and it is all an embarrassment to this country. What kind of message/image does that project to our children? Pathetic!

^ This.

You know it's bad when even Sauron thinks their behavior is despicable...

Kittens!

News Comments > Steam Top 10
22. Re: Steam Top 10 Nov 7, 2016, 15:23 sauron

Jerykk wrote on Nov 7, 2016, 00:53:
I'd be surprised if MS doesn't abandon its Windows 10 gaming initiative within a year. So far, it's been a total bust and only gives people even less incentive to buy an Xbox.

What's even sadder is that everyone knew this was going to happen, except Microsoft. It happens every time they try a new initiative in the PC gaming marketplace.

Kittens!

14. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 7, 2016, 14:36 sauron

El Pit wrote on Nov 7, 2016, 13:42:
...Which gives you time to vote, so... Take your cross. No, wait, make your cross. That's better.

Vote Sauron for President! I am easily the most likable of the three candidates.

Also, anyone NOT voting Sauron will not just be making their cross, but getting nailed to it. So there's that.

Kittens!

30. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 3, 2016, 10:41 sauron

1badmf wrote on Nov 2, 2016, 19:36:
sauron wrote on Nov 2, 2016, 13:49:
Día de Muertos (Day of the Dead)

Here in Mordor, every day is Day of the Undead, and we like to keep it that way.

ya know, as far as i know (and i know a lot about middle earth), neither you nor your boss morgoth ever dabbled in necromancy, even though you were called the necromancer in The Hobbit. all you ever did was raise monsters, but never the undead. ironically the only mention of the undead that i can remember were when aragorn raised them to fight for him, and when luthien and beren took the shape of vampires to sneak into angband to steal one of the silmarils.

Hmm, not sure the Nazgul would agree with you:

And one by one, sooner or later, according to their native strength and to the good or evil of their wills in the beginning, they fell under the thraldom of the ring that they bore and of the domination of the One which was Sauron's. And they became forever invisible save to him that wore the Ruling Ring, and they entered into the realm of shadows. The Nazgûl were they, the Ringwraiths, the Úlairi, the Enemy's most terrible servants; darkness went with them, and they cried with the voices of death.
— The Silmarillion, "Of the Rings of Power and the Third Age", 346

Kittens!

1813 Comments. 91 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo