Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for sauron

Real Name sauron   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description God of death, destruction and decay. Likes fluffy kittens.
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 15, 2001, 03:31
Total Comments 1973 (Pro)
User ID 8692

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > July U.S. Sales Charts
4. Re: July U.S. Sales Charts Aug 26, 2018, 13:05 sauron

Wow, I knew the Switch was successful, but it's pretty dominant this month. I got mine like a year ago. Mario Tennis Aces is pretty 'meh' as far as I've seen. Octopath Travceler is probably the best JRPG in years, a genre I haven't really been interested in since JRPG's became basically one long trailer.

From that list for Switch, I have Zelda, Mario Kart 8 and Mario Odyssey, and they're all fantastic.

I've held off buying Octopath Traveler, mainly because of the graphics.

But I've been playing the heck out of Xenoblade Chronicles 2, which is excellent, and I just picked up the DLC season pass, which will be releasing a whole new campaign for the game in September. Very recommended.

Kittens!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
4. Re: Lassie Got Help Aug 4, 2018, 16:16 sauron

Yay for the little guy. Glad that surgery is not needed.  

Kittens!

News Comments > BioWare's Dragon Age and Mass Effect Plans
48. Re: BioWare's Dragon Age and Mass Effect Plans Aug 3, 2018, 16:38 sauron

Burrito of Peace wrote on Aug 3, 2018, 15:40:
Jesus, why don't you guys get a room, fuck, and get it over with? Talk about threadshitting!

^This. Please stop arguing and behave. Or I'll have to send over the fluffy kittens...

Kittens!

News Comments > BioWare's Dragon Age and Mass Effect Plans
41. Re: BioWare's Dragon Age and Mass Effect Plans Aug 3, 2018, 10:15 sauron

I was hoping to find out more about Anthem from this thread, but apparently not...  

Kittens!

6. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 2, 2018, 11:48 sauron

That whale video kicks ass. Thank you!  

Kittens!

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
8. Re: Morning Consolidation Jul 31, 2018, 17:00 sauron

Flo wrote on Jul 31, 2018, 13:28:
robdot wrote on Jul 31, 2018, 13:23:
If you haven't played Zelda, your missing a fucking masterpiece..it will remind you of why you play games. It actually made me smile....
I love my switch but Zelda bored me. I climbed all those towers in countless Ubi games…
I don't care about the Nintendo games, for me the switch is the console for indie titles I didn't appreciate on the PC.
Hollow Knight, Enter the Gungeon, Dead Cells,...
Keep 'em coming!

Hey Flo, is Dead Cells any good? Was thinking to maybe get it. But I still have to finish FFXV and Ni No Kuni 2...

Kittens!

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
7. Re: Morning Patches Jul 31, 2018, 16:56 sauron

TheBigVlad wrote on Jul 31, 2018, 15:20:
Flo wrote on Jul 31, 2018, 13:28:
robdot wrote on Jul 31, 2018, 13:23:
If you haven't played Zelda, your missing a fucking masterpiece..it will remind you of why you play games. It actually made me smile....
I love my switch but Zelda bored me. I climbed all those towers in countless Ubi games…
I don't care about the Nintendo games, for me the switch is the console for indie titles I didn't appreciate on the PC.
Hollow Knight, Enter the Gungeon, Dead Cells,...
Keep 'em coming!

I somewhat agree about Zelda. I enjoyed it for the most part but I was confused as to why it was getting the praise that it was. I don't think it was bad, but I did lose interest eventually and never finished it.

I love the Switch as a system though, and I'm mostly interested in it for the same reasons you are (indie titles that I never got around to playing on PC). I find myself making far more use of the portability than I thought I would.

I guess we all have our opinions. I love RPGs, and really loved Zelda - completed the game and even thought about a replay. Also really liked Xenoblade 2 (having played #1 on Wii and 3DS, and the WiiU Xenoblade game), and a bunch of quirky JRPGs (Ys VIII, Shining Resonance). Plus my girls Ms. Sauron #1 and #2 (and the cat) totally love Mario Odyssey and Mario Kart 8.

The only games I can't stand to play on Switch are FPS. Doom and Wolf 2 just didn't cut it. Not sure if it's the controls, or (probably) my advancing age. Mr. Sauron is several milennia old these days, and twitch shooters tend to be a bit of a stretch.

Anyhow, I guess there's a lot to like for any kind of gamer. Which is probably why it's sold 20m units and counting...

Kittens!

News Comments > Into the Black
3. Re: Into the Black Jul 31, 2018, 10:03 sauron

SirKnight wrote on Jul 30, 2018, 21:43:
TBH, I think the original looked better. The UE4 version, for example, was too dark. There were other things wrong as well that made it seem too different.

I recently played through the beginning section of Unreal on a Win98 machine and a Voodoo 3. Looked damn good and ran great as well. I'm about to throw a pair of Voodoo 2's in another machine. If I could only find my Voodoo 5 5500 though....

I still have a working Voodoo 5 5500, and a Voodoo 2. I don't think I've used them in about 15 years, but still holding on to them. Too many good memories.

Kittens!

News Comments > Starsiege Tribes Anniversary Plans
13. Re: Starsiege Tribes Anniversary Plans Jul 30, 2018, 10:47 sauron

Blue wrote on Jul 30, 2018, 08:37:
diesoften wrote on Jul 30, 2018, 03:22:
I seem to recall a certain chap named Stephen from some gaming site who was an early fan and player of Tribes.

You'd be 100% right, I loved Tribes from the first videos I saw of it before ever getting to play, and then it turned out to be so terrific. I have some great memories of playing this game... just the thought of making perfect mortar prediction shots as a heavy brings a smile to my face.

My mortar shots tended to zero in on my own team, at least in Tribes 2. Much like my attempts to use the deck guns from battleships in Battlefield 1942. And it wasn't even deliberate, I swear!

Kittens!

13. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 30, 2018, 10:25 sauron

Burrito of Peace wrote on Jul 30, 2018, 09:50:
The Half Elf wrote on Jul 29, 2018, 23:19:
Snake hysteria here...

If it's a round head, don a set of quality leather work gloves, and, once you find it, gently grasp it behind the head and about three quarters down the body. Take the poor frightened thing outside and set it free.

Snakesisses and spiderbros are very good for your local ecosystem.

If it's a wedge head, and a wedge head is very distinctive in shape, call your local animal control and they should come remove it.

I'd just go with animal control - they are the professionals and know their stuff. Even a nonpoisonous snake can give you a good bite, and you could also hurt it pretty bad - they're surprisingly fragile.

Plus, you know, unless you're a herpetologist, you could mistake one species for another, or even get bitten while trying to get a good look.

Kittens!

27. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 27, 2018, 19:07 sauron

Blue wrote on Jul 27, 2018, 18:51:
Cutter wrote on Jul 27, 2018, 18:10:
Blue, you have problems with context as well.

No. You have a problem with boundaries.

Guys, I love you both. Just chill.

Would hate to have to send over the orcs to *resolve* the situation.

And if things got really rough, we may even need the fluffy kittens. *shudders*. You really don't want the fluffy kittens....

Kittens!

24. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 27, 2018, 18:00 sauron

Red, Rigs, jd - and everyone else, thanks for the co-op suggestions. Ms. Sauron #1, #2 and I will probably try a few of these. Although for co-op, I do have to say that the Switch is really family friendly , accessible and fun, and so is kind of our go-to.

Hey, even the goblins (and my cat) can play and enjoy Mario Kart!

Kittens!

17. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 27, 2018, 14:55 sauron

Oh, and just saw that Paladins is now available on Switch for free!  

Kittens!

16. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 27, 2018, 14:25 sauron

Oh, just saw the Pachinko article. It's really quite good. Thanks!  

Kittens!

15. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 27, 2018, 14:10 sauron

Beamer wrote on Jul 27, 2018, 11:55:
I should clarify this likely needs to be same-screen, as we have a Macbook air, a Surface Pro, and a powerful desktop that's Steamlinked to the TV.

And a lot of these are great games, but require a bit more understanding of a game, or something of a learning curve. For someone that's never held a controller, it needs to be pretty easy.

Portal 2 is amazing, but probably Gaming 201. Minecraft could be cool, and probably works on the Surface. It takes some learning, but it's a fun way to go. I still think it may be too advanced to start.

My girls and I started out on Torchlight 2. They were just kids at the time but they had an absolute blast. Pretty much no learning curve at all.

Other than that, pretty much any game by Nintendo works great. Super Mario Odyssey, Mario Kart. Or just taking turns playing Zelda:BOTW - so cinematic that it's almost as fun to watch as it is to play.

Kittens!

News Comments > EA Ending On The House? Launching Origin Access Premiere Next Week
3. Re: EA Ending On The House? Launching Origin Access Premiere Next Week Jul 27, 2018, 13:39 sauron

I used to check On the House every month or so, and over the years I picked up about 16 or 17 games, including Battlefield 3, Mass Effect 2, and Jade Empire. Not bad.  

Kittens!

News Comments > Overwatch Free Weekend
2. Re: Overwatch Free Weekend Jul 27, 2018, 09:57 sauron

Just checked the Overwatch site, and the game is currently on sale for $19.99.

I must be one of the few folks on the planet that doesn't already own it, but I suspect that may be about to change...

Kittens!

News Comments > The Sojourn Announced
2. Re: The Sojourn Announced Jul 26, 2018, 18:35 sauron

Great trailer - very intrigued.  

Kittens!

5. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 26, 2018, 13:34 sauron

jdreyer wrote on Jul 26, 2018, 11:47:
Poor kid. Hope he makes a full recovery.

I smell a lawsuit if the county wasn't keeping up on its park maintenance.

Same here. No reason for a tree branch to spontaneously fall in the middle of summer on a clear day. Hopefully they are lawyered up. Medical expenses for this kind of thing are no joke.

Kittens!

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
3. Re: Morning Metaverse Jul 24, 2018, 18:30 sauron

jdreyer wrote on Jul 24, 2018, 13:08:
As I've said here before, I cut the cord 12 years ago. Never missed it, never looked back.

Barad-Dur just has internet. Watching CNN was making the Uruk-Hai nervous, and the goblins were watching Cartoon Network instead of guarding the prisoners.

Plus, Ms. Saurons #1 and #2 were on the phone all day. So I decided on drastic measures.

Plus, $100/month? No chance!

Kittens!

1973 Comments. 99 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo