Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

User information for sauron

Real Name sauron   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description God of death, destruction and decay. Likes fluffy kittens.
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 15, 2001, 03:31
Total Comments 1907 (Pro)
User ID 8692

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
1. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 14, 2017, 10:22 sauron

L.A. Noire Is Now Available For Xbox One.

Also now available for Switch (although it requires a microSD card to play).

Kittens!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

3. Re: Morning Consolidation Oct 30, 2017, 11:10 sauron

Verno wrote on Oct 30, 2017, 10:52:
Ozmodan wrote on Oct 30, 2017, 10:43:
Too bad the software on the Switch really sucks.

Do you mean games or the OS? The OS is barebones but who cares about that, you don't buy it to browse the web. In its first year it already has two of the highest rated games of all time so the game situation on it is fucking great. A pile more on the way too. I think you're off your rocker, the Switch is killing it in the first year and that's reflected in the insane demand for it.

I agree with Verno. My kids and I have been playing the heck out of Zelda: Breath of the Wild and Mario Kart 8, and we're really looking forward to Xenoblade 2 and picking up Super Mario Odyssey.

Plus the idea of playinig LA Noire (and maybe Skyrim) on the go sounds great. I don't usually buy console stuff, but the Switch is definitely worth it.

Kittens!

News Comments > Out of the Blue
5. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 27, 2017, 11:58 sauron

RedEye9 wrote on Oct 27, 2017, 11:32:
sauron wrote on Oct 27, 2017, 11:23:
That rescue at sea story is amazing. It's a miracle they made it.

By the way, can anyone recommend a good external hard drive with RAID? I kind of need a backup solution here at Barad-Dur. Thanks!
An external hdd w/raid, do you mean a NAS?

What's wrong with using a hot iron to brand hobbits with ones and zeros.

Yes, a NAS would be fine, I'm just looking for something that can mirror the data for safety's sake.

We do occasionally RAID the Shire for backup hobbits, but the read/write speed on those branding drives is a bit slow.

Kittens!

3. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 27, 2017, 11:23 sauron

That rescue at sea story is amazing. It's a miracle they made it.

By the way, can anyone recommend a good external hard drive with RAID? I kind of need a backup solution here at Barad-Dur. Thanks!

Kittens!

News Comments > Morning Interviews
1. Re: Morning Interviews Oct 27, 2017, 11:15 sauron

Seems like a nice guy - kind of a fun piece.  

Kittens!

7. Re: Morning Consolidation Oct 25, 2017, 15:48 sauron

Xbox’s head of publishing, Shannon Loftis, believes that single-player games aren’t dead or dying, but asserts that there are many questions surrounding how viable they are from an economic point of view. Loftis said that the costs of development will ‘spook’ developers from making single-player experiences, but she believes that they will continue to exist.

I think it's an interesting article, and she makes some good points. But then again, I'm currently playing Zelda:Breath of the Wild on Switch, and it's apparently sold more copies than there are Switch units, which is pretty amazing.

The game itself is insanely good - huge open world, addictive gameplay, lots and lots of details and secrets. I never thought I'd enjoy an RPG more than Skyrim and The Witcher 3, but this one is definitely better than Skyrim, at least in my opinion, and is either as good or maybe even slightly better than the Witcher 3, although they're pretty much neck and neck.

Kittens!

News Comments > Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus Launch Trailer
8. Re: Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus Launch Trailer Oct 19, 2017, 09:21 sauron

I may actually get this for Nintendo Switch - just picked one up and can't put it down.  

Kittens!

News Comments > STAR WARS Battlefront II (2005) Multiplayer Restored
11. Re: STAR WARS Battlefront II (2005) Multiplayer Restored Oct 3, 2017, 12:07 sauron

I just picked this up. For $3.99 it's kind of a no-brainer. I used to love the old Battlefield games (1942, Vietnam, etc) and this will do nicely. It even has bots!

Kittens!

3. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 3, 2017, 11:50 sauron

...it also serves as a museum for many of the most prominent gaming websites of the past

Wow, no kidding. Lots of well-known logos there. I had no idea they were so prolific.

Oh, and isn't is 'preceded' rather than 'proceeded'? Just asking.

Kittens!

26. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 25, 2017, 10:39 sauron

...I don't expect the team to be better until they find a way to trade James Dolan to the Thunder as well.

Or to anyone or anywhere. A shack in Alaska, a desert island surrounded by sharks, or maybe the bottom of New York harbor.

Kittens!

News Comments > Ashes Cricket Rises from the Ashes
3. Re: Ashes Cricket Rises from the Ashes Sep 18, 2017, 13:55 sauron

jdreyer wrote on Sep 18, 2017, 13:31:
Video blocked at work. Is this the sequel to Ashes of the Singularity?

Yes, it's a real-time strategy game involving two warring factions of 11 players, all dressed in white and trying to inconvenience each other using a red hand grenade.

Matches last 5 days during which nothing happens, while spectators are encouraged to drink heavily and take a nap in the sunshine.

Kittens!

6. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 6, 2017, 14:20 sauron

Blue wrote on Sep 6, 2017, 12:54:
DarkV wrote on Sep 6, 2017, 11:21:
Blue,

I've said it for a while now....The Wilpon's are running nothing but a land scam that puts Lex Luthors land schemes to shame. As a Met's fan I can't stand them and prayed they'd sell the team. As for payroll...hope they enjoy the David Wright insurance money. I'm sure it will be reinvested Rolleyes

Yeah, from what I've heard, the commish likes the Wilpons, and doesn't care that they can't actually afford to run a big market team with no more BS Madoff money rolling in. This team had a brief moment of good management under Cashman in the 80s, but beyond that it's been 50 years of shitshow. This is the team that traded Tom Seaver for Steve Henderson, Pat Zachry, Doug Flynn, and Dan Norman because they did not want to pay the best pitcher in baseball. This kind of thinking remains their legacy to this day.

We had a contest at work. First prize was tickets to the Mets game. Second prize was season tickets to the Mets. Booby prize was season tickets to the Knicks.

Kittens!

6. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 18, 2017, 10:21 sauron

By the way, I just got the NVidia class action refund on my two GTX970 cards. Anyone else receive this? Did I miss a story on it?  

Kittens!

5. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 18, 2017, 10:18 sauron

Glad it's moving forward. The best time to put a property on the market in New York is April/May according to the realtors I know (one of whom is a former president of the Manhattan realtors' association), and the worst is like November through January. Sounds as though you're closer to the former than the latter, which is great. Good luck!  

Kittens!

2. Re: Out of the Blue May 17, 2017, 11:19 sauron

There's a good article about the Knicks and the lottery over at Five Thirty-Eight. Pretty entertaining, actually.

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/the-knicks-cant-even-get-the-draft-lottery-right/

They can't even win at the thing most bad teams are good at.

Kittens!

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind Turns 15
13. Re: The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind Turns 15 May 2, 2017, 13:36 sauron

Acleacius wrote on May 2, 2017, 11:48:
I'm having a great time with MorrOblivion, Morrowind modded to work in the Oblivion engine. You can travel between the two, using the same character, by ship. You can even ride and swim there if you have the correct mods installed. One of the things I hated more than the level scaling in Oblivion was the leveling system, still used from Morrowind. MorrOblivion is perfectly compatible with Oblivion XP, so now you can get XP for killing and quests. Lighter

Yes, I was just looking at Skywind, from the same team (Morrowind in the Skyrim engine). It looks great but isn't finished yet, although they must be getting close. Take a look!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6svcEuUIXJw

Kittens!

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind Turns 15
9. Re: The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind Turns 15 May 2, 2017, 11:30 sauron

VaranDragon wrote on May 2, 2017, 10:29:
My favorite ES game

Same here. I loved the expansion for Skyrim which is set on Solstheim, it really made me nostalgic for Morrowind.

Kittens!

News Comments > Uncut Half-Life in Germany
13. Re: Uncut Half-Life in Germany Apr 28, 2017, 14:02 sauron

Drayth wrote on Apr 28, 2017, 13:39:
Setting, scripted sequences but also the marine AI is what really did it for me with HL1. It pulled me into the game like nothing else to feel like I was having a real, movie-like gun fight happening.

Same here - I still remember the scene where you first meet the marines. I must have replayed it about fifty times just to see the different AI behaviors.

Although Unreal was also fantastic, especially the AI of the bots in multiplayer. I spent months playing that part of the game.

Kittens!

News Comments > Uncut Half-Life in Germany
5. Re: Uncut Half-Life in Germany Apr 28, 2017, 10:58 sauron

Beamer wrote on Apr 28, 2017, 09:59:
There's a really unsavory joke to be made here...

...in addition to some rather complex microsurgery...

Kittens!

2. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 28, 2017, 10:16 sauron

Thanks for all the congrats on our martial endurance!

Heh heh, I think you probably meant 'marital', Blue.

Although all is fair in love and war, of course.

Kittens!

1907 Comments. 96 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo