Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
United Kingdom 06/02

Regularly scheduled events

User information for sauron

Real Name sauron   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description God of death, destruction and decay. Likes fluffy kittens.
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 15, 2001, 03:31
Total Comments 1893 (Pro)
User ID 8692

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
2. Re: Out of the Blue May 17, 2017, 11:19 sauron

There's a good article about the Knicks and the lottery over at Five Thirty-Eight. Pretty entertaining, actually.

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/the-knicks-cant-even-get-the-draft-lottery-right/

They can't even win at the thing most bad teams are good at.

Kittens!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind Turns 15
13. Re: The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind Turns 15 May 2, 2017, 13:36 sauron

Acleacius wrote on May 2, 2017, 11:48:
I'm having a great time with MorrOblivion, Morrowind modded to work in the Oblivion engine. You can travel between the two, using the same character, by ship. You can even ride and swim there if you have the correct mods installed. One of the things I hated more than the level scaling in Oblivion was the leveling system, still used from Morrowind. MorrOblivion is perfectly compatible with Oblivion XP, so now you can get XP for killing and quests. Lighter

Yes, I was just looking at Skywind, from the same team (Morrowind in the Skyrim engine). It looks great but isn't finished yet, although they must be getting close. Take a look!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6svcEuUIXJw

Kittens!

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind Turns 15
9. Re: The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind Turns 15 May 2, 2017, 11:30 sauron

VaranDragon wrote on May 2, 2017, 10:29:
My favorite ES game

Same here. I loved the expansion for Skyrim which is set on Solstheim, it really made me nostalgic for Morrowind.

Kittens!

News Comments > Uncut Half-Life in Germany
13. Re: Uncut Half-Life in Germany Apr 28, 2017, 14:02 sauron

Drayth wrote on Apr 28, 2017, 13:39:
Setting, scripted sequences but also the marine AI is what really did it for me with HL1. It pulled me into the game like nothing else to feel like I was having a real, movie-like gun fight happening.

Same here - I still remember the scene where you first meet the marines. I must have replayed it about fifty times just to see the different AI behaviors.

Although Unreal was also fantastic, especially the AI of the bots in multiplayer. I spent months playing that part of the game.

Kittens!

News Comments > Uncut Half-Life in Germany
5. Re: Uncut Half-Life in Germany Apr 28, 2017, 10:58 sauron

Beamer wrote on Apr 28, 2017, 09:59:
There's a really unsavory joke to be made here...

...in addition to some rather complex microsurgery...

Kittens!

2. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 28, 2017, 10:16 sauron

Thanks for all the congrats on our martial endurance!

Heh heh, I think you probably meant 'marital', Blue.

Although all is fair in love and war, of course.

Kittens!

4. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 27, 2017, 11:07 sauron

Happy Anniversary!  

Kittens!

9. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 13, 2017, 14:54 sauron

Acleacius wrote on Apr 13, 2017, 14:32:
Woo hoo, Beamdog sent me a Planescape: Torment Enhanced Edition KEY for asking a question in the interview Blue covered earlier this week! W00t

Evening Interviews

The reviews of the EE are really good. Things they added like Tabbing to show interactable items, and auto-looting, will really help the gameplay.

I bought the original on CD when it was released, and also have the GOG version, which have it installed with all the mods, but I might have to get this version as well.

Kittens!

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls Online Free Week
5. Re: The Elder Scroll Online Free Week Apr 11, 2017, 12:34 sauron

Zanderat1 wrote on Apr 11, 2017, 10:29:
Would rather have TES VI.

Would rather have The One Ring. Come to papa, my precioussssss...

Kittens!

News Comments > KOTOR Reboot & New BioWare IP Rumors
11. Re: KOTOR Reboot & New BioWare IP Rumor Apr 11, 2017, 12:33 sauron

Flatline wrote on Apr 11, 2017, 12:18:
You know you swung and missed when even Penny Arcade pans your game. I mean, if they buy into an IP, you have to turn out sacks of liquid crap to turn them off.

https://www.penny-arcade.com/news/post/2017/04/10/comprehensive

Yeah, I read that PA post as well. Those guys are really nice, and they rarely bash games, especially ones from their favorite IPs (which include ME). But they really do not like ME:A at all.

Kittens!

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
5. Re: Morning Metaverse Apr 7, 2017, 13:35 sauron

Beamer wrote on Apr 7, 2017, 13:26:
sauron wrote on Apr 7, 2017, 13:09:
If only the Dolans would just sell everything. #longsufferingknicksfan

Yes, especially the Knicks. Last Knicks season I actually enjoyed was in 1998. That's 20 years of pain.

Yes, but as we learned yesterday, telling Dolan to sell the team, outside of MSG, is a bad thing. He'll call you an asshole to the media for insulting him in his place of business. Nevermind that you spent $200 for the privilege of attending that place.

He'll also say it's unfair, that you can yell at politicians because they're elected but not him because he's not. That'll make us scratch our heads, though, because that means politicians have some accountability, and he just happened to be born with absolutely no skills but a very, very rich father. Clearly, that means judging him for doing a bad job isn't fair and we should all quietly give him our money

Haha, well said.

Honestly, people think I'm wicked, cruel and heartless, but I've got nothing on Dolan.

Kittens!

8. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 7, 2017, 13:12 sauron

Nimh wrote on Apr 7, 2017, 10:39:
If you have a realtor lined up try asking them for a contractor recommendation. Most have a short list of contractors they work with for repairs like this.

Seconded. The realtor I used to sell my last place also does gut renovations on old houses and is a licensed contractor himself. He was a mine of information on what to do and who to use for the job.

Kittens!

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
3. Re: Morning Metaverse Apr 7, 2017, 13:09 sauron

If only the Dolans would just sell everything. #longsufferingknicksfan

Yes, especially the Knicks. Last Knicks season I actually enjoyed was in 1998. That's 20 years of pain.

Kittens!

News Comments > Planescape: Torment: Enhanced Edition Announced
18. Re: Planescape: Torment: Enhanced Edition Announced Mar 29, 2017, 09:54 sauron

I already have PS:T installed and modded, and am about a third of the way through a replay, but the new features of the EE look really good. Not sure whether to get the PC version of the EE, or the Android version when it comes out.

Probably my all-time favorite RPG on the PC.

Kittens!

News Comments > Planescape: Torment Enhanced Edition Countdown?
14. Re: Planescape: Torment Enhanced Edition Countdown? Mar 28, 2017, 12:58 sauron

Quick update - the announcement just went live:

http://www.pcgamer.com/plan-escape-countdown-hints-at-planescape-torment-enhanced-edition/

There's also a trailer - looks pretty neat. Day 1 purchase for me, for sure.

Kittens!

News Comments > Planescape: Torment Enhanced Edition Countdown?
13. Re: Planescape: Torment Enhanced Edition Countdown? Mar 28, 2017, 12:00 sauron

I have PS:T installed on this computer right here, and also on my Surface Pro 3. Once it's modded, you can run it at any resolution you want, and increase the size of the text/UI. There's a guide to modding it here:

https://www.gog.com/news/mod_spotlight_planescape_torment_mods_guide

Anyhow, I just wanted to mention that the font on the 'Plan Escape' countdown timer is the one used in the original game. So I guess an EE is in the works. Yay!

Kittens!

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
1. Re: Morning Tech Bits Mar 28, 2017, 11:46 sauron

Planet Earth II is “need a new TV” propaganda—if you get the right version.

I haven't seen the 4k version of Planet Earth II, but I've watched a few episodes in 1080HD. It's the best wildlife show I've ever seen, bar none, and I've made a point of watching a lot of them over the years. Very recommended. It is absolutely stunning.

Kittens!

News Comments > FINAL FANTASY XIV Free Trial Time Limit Removed
3. Re: FINAL FANTASY XIV Free Trial Time Limit Removed Mar 28, 2017, 11:43 sauron

Cram wrote on Mar 28, 2017, 09:44:
Anyone playing this game that can provide some opinions on how it is these days?

I played this for a while when it came out, and it was really good. Apparently these days it's even better - the expansion content has been really well reviewed.

The graphics are good, gameplay is fun, grouping is kinda optional but also fun, and the community (at least when I played) was good natured and light hearted.

I have played several MMORPGs and this was one I really enjoyed. Hope this helps!

Kittens!

News Comments > New Overwatch Reporting Options on PTR
3. Re: New Overwatch Reporting Options on PTR Mar 23, 2017, 12:44 sauron

...wretched hive of scum and villainy.

I've been traveling this week, to the MCCCLXXIV Conference of Evil Wizards. This phrase makes me homesick...

Kittens!

News Comments > Quake Champions Trailer
12. Re: Quake Champions Trailer Mar 23, 2017, 11:08 sauron

Nimh wrote on Mar 23, 2017, 08:28:
Old age and treachery will always beat youth and exuberance.

On behalf of undead sorcerous overlords everywhere, I endorse this message.

Kittens!

1893 Comments. 95 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo