Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for rexbinary

Real Name rexbinary   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname RaZ0r!
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Dec 11, 2000, 16:29
Total Comments 676 (Apprentice)
User ID 8127

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > GeForce 331.93 Beta Drivers
14. Re: GeForce 331.93 Beta Drivers Nov 29, 2013, 18:53 RaZ0r!

Every driver past 314.22 on my 2x670 SLI had a gamma issue or something every boot. My screen would be all washed out. I would have to go touch the Digital Vibrance control to fix it every boot and after every sleep. My monitor was connected via DisplayPort.

I reported this every single time a new driver came out via Nvidia's feedback form as they request with no fix.

I finally tried hooking it up with a DVI cable instead after reading a few posts and that fixed the problem. Sad that Nvidia can't probably support the latest display interface. Even worse is I'll never know if it gets fixed as I'm not going to be swapping cables to test every driver release going forward.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > John Carmack Leaves id Software
24. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 22, 2013, 22:21 RaZ0r!

djinn wrote on Nov 22, 2013, 21:19:
Time machine activated...

http://web.archive.org/web/19961226231646/http://bluesnews.com/

Oh wow, aside from the Carmack update there is even some news on Team Fortress in there

That dam near brought a tear to my eye. The good old days indeed.

News Comments > Torment: Tides of Numenera Combat Voting
44. Re: Torment: Tides of Numenera Combat Voting Nov 22, 2013, 19:46 RaZ0r!

Voted Turn-Based all the way baby  

News Comments > Conflict of Heroes: Storms of Steel This Month
3. Re: Conflict of Heroes: Storms of Steel This Month Nov 12, 2013, 08:00 RaZ0r!

The Conflict of Heroes boardgames are great games and have top notch components. I'm not so sure about the PC version(s). The first two PC versions are on sale this week, but I'm not sure if I'm going to pull the trigger. I'm checking out the demo right now so we'll see.  

News Comments > Fantasy Kommander: Eukarion Wars OS X Beta
1. Re: Fantasy Kommander: Eukarion Wars OS X Beta Nov 9, 2013, 19:36 RaZ0r!

I was looking at this for Windows. Seems kinda cool, but I thought it was odd it's single-player only. Anyone played this?  

News Comments > QUAKE LIVE Going Standalone; Linux and OS X Support Ending
11. Re: QUAKE LIVE Going Standalone; Linux and OS X Support Ending Nov 9, 2013, 05:24 RaZ0r!

id is dead you know, so nothing unexpected here other than they are going to bother to keep it for Windows. I figured the whole thing would hit the shitter. There must be enough people paying for the Windows client to make it worth it.  

News Comments > Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft Beta Signups
7. Re: Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft Beta Signups Nov 9, 2013, 04:24 RaZ0r!

Blue has been hitting the sauce I think.  

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Call of Duty: Ghosts
41. Re: Ships Ahoy - Call of Duty: Ghosts Nov 5, 2013, 19:48 RaZ0r!

I am one of the few old schoolers that still liked CoD. I've played all the PC releases and enjoyed them all, except CoD:Ghosts. If you have played CoD:Ghosts, you will see it's very obvious the impact of not having either Jason West or Vince Zampella on board. I don't know how to describe it other than lifeless and generic. CoD proper, meaning the titles made by the shell of Infinity Ward, is a ZombieIP now with no heart and soul.

As much as I want to have sympathy for who's left at Infinity Ward, they had Black Ops II sitting in front of their face as the game they would have to meet or exceed and they did neither. If this happened from not looking at Black Ops II, incompetence, or management I don't know, but the end result is the same. A crap release.

Ironically Treyarch still has their shit together and can turn out fun titles. The best move ever would be for Activision to have Treyarch take over development of CoD proper, but we know stuff like that doesn't really happen with these companies. If Activision really cared they wouldn't have put CoD:Ghosts out the door like this in the first place.

News Comments > Warhammer Online Goes Free Until Closure
16. Re: Warhammer Online Goes Free Until Closure Nov 4, 2013, 07:02 RaZ0r!

Redmask wrote on Nov 4, 2013, 07:00:
RaZ0r! wrote on Nov 4, 2013, 06:58:
WoW ruined all potentially good MMOs. WoW taught publishers what the mass market really wants is cartoon graphics that run good on sub-$1000 PCs, and everything handed to them on a silver platter in-game.

Games should be another job after all, with hours long farms of spawns shared by everyone and corpse runs.

WoW made MMOs bearable.

I rest my case.

News Comments > Warhammer Online Goes Free Until Closure
14. Re: Warhammer Online Goes Free Until Closure Nov 4, 2013, 06:58 RaZ0r!

WoW ruined all potentially good MMOs. WoW taught us what the mass market really wants: cartoon graphics that run good on sub-$1000 PCs, and everything handed to them on a silver platter in-game.  

News Comments > Spaceships Ahoy - Drox Operative: Invasion of the Ancients
1. Re: Spaceships Ahoy - Drox Operative: Invasion of the Ancients Oct 31, 2013, 01:10 RaZ0r!

This game looks cool. I might check out the demo. Anyone played it?  

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Antialiasing Tip
15. Re: Battlefield 4 Antialiasing Tip Oct 30, 2013, 16:34 RaZ0r!

I lick my monitor like a dog.  

News Comments > Command & Conquer Cancelled, Victory Games Closed
15. Re: Command & Conquer Cancelled, Victory Games Closed Oct 29, 2013, 19:21 RaZ0r!

Your feedback from the alpha trial is clear: We are not making the game you want to play.

Trust me, this couldn't be more true.

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Released, Reviewed
17. Re: Battlefield 4 Released, Reviewed Oct 29, 2013, 11:57 RaZ0r!

InBlack wrote on Oct 29, 2013, 11:07:
How is Planetside2 these days? Last time I checked it out it was buggy as hell and only fun sporadically (depending on what given squad I could join at the time)

Pretty fun. I usually run solo though as a Light Assault flanking people like crazy.

16. Re: Battlefield 4 Released, Reviewed Oct 29, 2013, 11:54 RaZ0r!

Nurgel wrote on Oct 29, 2013, 11:21:
Oh and the spotting system for BF4 seems pretty much unchanged from BF3 and Bad Company 2 before that, as far as I can tell. Maybe they ripped it off from the original Planetside? I never played too much Planetside.

Maybe I never noticed it much on the prior games. Not sure.

11. Re: Battlefield 4 Released, Reviewed Oct 29, 2013, 11:03 RaZ0r!

Nurgel wrote on Oct 29, 2013, 10:55:
Played it a couple hours last night and really enjoyed it so far. The pace is a bit slower, infantry don't run as fast as BF3 so tactical maneuvering between cover is more of a gambit than it was in BF3. Still has some kinks and bugs to work out (lol DICE game imagine that) but generally ran really great.

Same here. I played for a few hours last night. The game's performance was stellar. I had one bug that was only on certain maps where I would lose some audio effects in certain places.

But yeah, the game's pacing is a lot different. I played BF3 the night before last and had a good run, but in BF4 last night I was getting my ass handed to me constantly. It does play a lot differently than BF3.

They totally ripped the spotting system from Planetside 2. Well I guess it was from Planetside 2, as that's the first game I played with a spotting system. While I love the spotting system in Planetside 2, I'm not sure if I like it in Battlefield.

News Comments > New WHQL GeForce Drivers
17. Re: New WHQL GeForce Drivers Oct 28, 2013, 16:21 RaZ0r!

The Half Elf wrote on Oct 28, 2013, 15:29:
You know if you choose custom install with Nvidia, you can choose to remove the old drivers?

No I didn't. I might fall back to that if I start having trouble letting GeForce Experience update it for me. Thanks!

News Comments > New WHQL GeForce Drivers
10. Re: New WHQL GeForce Drivers Oct 28, 2013, 13:46 RaZ0r!

Being old school, I've always went to Add/Remove and removed the old Nvidia drivers manually before installing a new ones.

This time I decided to let GeForce Experience do it's thing and update me. I didn't even have to reboot which was nice. I'm curious to see if allowing GeForce Experience to upgrade me will cause any problems down the road. I figure if it fails in some way I can manually remove and clean everything then go back to my old ways.

News Comments > Battlefield 3 Double XP Weekend
17. Re: Battlefield 3 Double XP Weekend Oct 27, 2013, 08:55 RaZ0r!

vrok wrote on Oct 27, 2013, 07:04:
For anyone that wants the best possible deal on BF3.4.

I can personally confirm that it works. Remember to allow third party cookies.

That's not a 'deal', it's fraud.

News Comments > Battlefield 3 Double XP Weekend
2. Re: Battlefield 3 Double XP Weekend Oct 26, 2013, 13:19 RaZ0r!

I'll be there after BF4 is done preloading.

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/user/rexbinary/

This comment was edited on Oct 27, 2013, 04:49.

676 Comments. 34 pages. Viewing page 8.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo