Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
San Diego, CA 08/21

Regularly scheduled events

User information for El Pit

Real Name El Pit   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Nov 29, 2000, 06:19
Total Comments 2004 (Senior)
User ID 7953

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Next Week's Steam Summer Sale Confirmed?
9. Re: Next Week's Steam Summer Sale Confirmed? Jun 16, 2016, 12:07 El Pit

GTA V for $14.99... Hey, come on, it is an old game now (with broken multiplayer thanks to cheaters)! One can dream, though.  
Name a single event in history where hatred, fear, and greed helped to solve a crisis.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Pro Cycling Manager 2016 Tomorrow
4. Re: Free Android game. Jun 15, 2016, 12:16 El Pit

RedEye9 wrote on Jun 15, 2016, 10:10:
Pre-orderers will get the EPO blood doping Android game for free.

The EPO dlc has not yet announced, so wait for it.
Comes with a Confession Show dlc featuring Oprah Winfrey!

Name a single event in history where hatred, fear, and greed helped to solve a crisis.

News Comments > Pro Cycling Manager 2016 Tomorrow
3. Re: Pro Cycling Manager 2016 Tomorrow Jun 15, 2016, 12:15 El Pit

Mr. Tact wrote on Jun 15, 2016, 10:41:
Yeah, even as a cycling fan I have never understood the attraction to this "game". Whatever trips your trigger I guess... *shrug*

It's good for boasting!

"Baby, I'm a WINNER! I have von the Tour de France 37 times in a row!"
And "Baby" looked at the guy and saw a 5 foot 6 small guy weighing close to 230 lbs.

News Comments > Resident Evil 7 biohazard Announced
4. Re: Resident Evil 7 biohazard Announced Jun 14, 2016, 11:51 El Pit

MDB wrote on Jun 14, 2016, 10:15:
What are they calling this in Japan? "Biohazard 7 biohazard"?

Biohazard 7: Resident Evil of course!

News Comments > Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Wildlands in March
9. Re: Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Wildlands in March Jun 14, 2016, 08:09 El Pit

emgarf wrote on Jun 14, 2016, 07:34:
The only GR I enjoyed was the very first one - all the others got arcade-y.

I enjoyed them all and they (pc versions!) were absolutely not arcadey at all. Maybe you are confusing them with Rainbox 6 Vegas games?

News Comments > Star Trek: Bridge Crew Announcement
7. Re: Star Trek: Bridge Crew Announcement Jun 14, 2016, 00:39 El Pit

Ranger55 wrote on Jun 13, 2016, 20:38:
The Half Elf wrote on Jun 13, 2016, 20:34:
Question is can you play this WITHOUT VR?

Better question.... Can I play with Jeri Ryan?

You can play it ON her as long as you do not touch the red alert buttons!

News Comments > Watch Dogs 2 Trailers
4. Re: Watch Dogs 2 Trailers Jun 14, 2016, 00:35 El Pit

Total hacks are working on this game!
Allthumbsup
SCNR

News Comments > Killing Floor 2 Content Pack
3. Re: Killing Floor 2 Content Pack Jun 14, 2016, 00:15 El Pit

Is it officially in the Late Access program now?  

News Comments > Free Prince of Persia: Sands of Time
6. Re: Free Prince of Persia: Sands of Time Jun 14, 2016, 00:11 El Pit

Time is on my side, yes it is!  

News Comments > Star Citizen Alpha 2.4
35. Re: Star Citizen Alpha 2.4 Jun 12, 2016, 14:38 El Pit

Comet wrote on Jun 12, 2016, 13:23:
I don't get it. What is it about SC that polarizes some people so much? What is it that makes people accept the ambitiousness of a game like GTA V but find it abnormal in SC?

Apples and oranges all over AGAIN. What is it that makes you blind?

GTA V is OUT. It has been released. And more than four other GTAs have been released before it. Also, it is not selling any episodic single player portions, is not selling CONCEPTS of future cars, copters, boats, and so on for real money. It is not made up of hundreds of huge galaxies cities in multiplayer mode with millions of people running, driving, flying at the same time through all those cities. The ambitions are much, MUCH smaller - and have already been realised. Not in a limited alpha, but in the release version. And it did not procedurally add "stretch goals" - they had a concept, worked on THAT concept, and delivered. Except for the horrible cheating problem in multiplayer, the game is solid.

And now please compare this to a limited alpha lacking dozens of stretch goals that have been promised. If you don't see the difference then, to quote you, "I don't get it."

But have your hope, your belief. Maybe something will get finished one day and will even be stable and interesting enough to make the supporters happy. I highly doubt it and everything to this point really is in support of the doubters, but I will not cry if RSI can finish and release a solid space game one day. And I will not feel a triumph if they (most likely) do not.

29. Re: Star Citizen Alpha 2.4 Jun 12, 2016, 09:11 El Pit

{PH}88fingers wrote on Jun 12, 2016, 08:21:
Reasoned responses are not welcome here, this is scam plz stfu

How about some reasoned questions then? Like when did ME4 or Witcher 3 become a MMORPG with persistent universe AND single player episodic gameplay? No? Apples and oranges?

And: Mass Effect FOUR - Witcher THREE - those numbers indicate that some games have been delivered before the current versions and must have been successful enough so that sequels have been produced.

Is there a Star Citizen 0? Is there any other game that has been finished and delivered by RSI?

You know what - forget it. This game has become a question of BELIEF more than anything else. But the number of believers is decreasing because the big miracle that has been promised (with a date) did not happen. It might happen one day, though, but the promise is so big it is hard to believe in for most and becomes harder to believe in even for some believers.

7. Re: Star Citizen Alpha 2.4 Jun 11, 2016, 14:09 El Pit

Shouldn't this version be called something like alpha 0.2.4? Just saying.  

1. Re: Star Citizen Alpha 2.4 Jun 11, 2016, 11:54 El Pit

Another decade or so, and a full alpha of the complete game (without all the stuff they dropped during development) should be available! REJOICE, PEOPLE!  

News Comments > Call of Cthulhu E3 Trailer
2. Re: Call of Cthulhu E3 Trailer Jun 11, 2016, 02:56 El Pit

Cutter wrote on Jun 10, 2016, 23:48:
Looks good. I'm still stoked mostly for Sinking City however.

Dig it.

Here’s A List of Eight Lovecraftian Inspired Games In Development Right Now

I doubt many of these projects will ever get finished/released. And some of those games are "inspired by Lovecraft" and not really based on his work. We will see.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
12. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jun 10, 2016, 05:14 El Pit

Creston wrote on Jun 9, 2016, 23:23:
NetHead wrote on Jun 9, 2016, 22:43:
Creston wrote on Jun 9, 2016, 19:43:
I've been thinking about buying a new rig, but don't really want to cough up $400 for a new GPU. I may just get a an RX 480 to put in my old one, and port my 970 to my new rig.

Curious why you would do that. The RX 480 should be better in every way compared to a 970, even in size unless it's a mini 970 (though there's every chance of mini 480's being released since the PCB is already so small).

Is it? Since they were saying it would be 70% worse than a 1080, I kind of figured it'd be at about the same level as a 970? I admit I really haven't seen any benchmarks.

If the RX 480 is better, I'll just plonk that in my main rig.

Depending on the game, the RX480 performance should be somewhere between a 980 and 970. So yes, plug it into the main rig.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
4. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jun 9, 2016, 17:25 El Pit

Ozmodan wrote on Jun 9, 2016, 14:21:
Why in the world would you ever need 4 1080's in a SLI setting? I thnk 2 is overkill for the vast majority of games. I also think very few game developers are going to take the time to code and test for more than 2. More likely none will code for it.

When you design a game that would need such horsepower you greatly limit your audience. That is the last thing a game company wants.

It's a nerd thing. The more powerful cards you have in SLI, the bigger your dick is. You wish...

News Comments > On DOOM Multiplayer
28. Re: On DOOM Multiplayer Jun 9, 2016, 17:09 El Pit

sauron wrote on Jun 9, 2016, 16:10:
Razumen wrote on Jun 9, 2016, 15:36:
Tachikoma wrote on Jun 9, 2016, 14:59:
Beamer wrote on Jun 9, 2016, 12:16:
Darks wrote on Jun 9, 2016, 12:13:
Razumen wrote on Jun 9, 2016, 11:09:
Beamer wrote on Jun 9, 2016, 10:59:
Razumen wrote on Jun 9, 2016, 10:42:
Jagacademy wrote on Jun 9, 2016, 10:36:
The Half Elf wrote on Jun 9, 2016, 09:53:
It looks interesting, but not a fan of the Pinata effect of baddies exploding and raining health and armor.

Just use your imagination. Armor is pretty easy, you can collect it off of your fallen enemies. As for health, in a lot of fantasy lore, demon blood often gives power to those who consume it, so just imagine it is healing you after killing them.

If you don't use your imagination to explain things away, the overwhelming majority of Fantasy and Science Fiction makes no sense whatsoever.

No to mention armor doesn't drop off enemies unless you use a specific rune, and the health and ammo drops are pretty rare unless you use glory kills, which can be mostly ignored.

Not to mention the plot is that you were found imprisoned in Hell because you're basically a demon killer sent from the Heavens. That killing demons is what keeps you alive and fuels you for more killing demons makes sense.

I think most people disliked the concept when watching videos, but when actually playing, you come around quickly. It keeps the flow so wonderful.

The heavens? Nowhere does it imply that. The hyperbolic verse is just to show how much hell feared him. The general consensus is that the player character is either the Doom marine after he got stuck in hell after Doom 3 RoE (Or possibly Doom 2 if you fudge the ending a bit) or that he was the last member of those Templar knights avenging his fallen civilization (Or possibly both, the Doom marine might've joined up with them beforehand, as they'd have had the same goals).

The point is, Hell fears the Doom Marine. Hoorah!! Crush those Demons Marine!

And there's evidence that it's tied into something more.

Regardless, your character is a perfect demon killing machine, and that, for some reason, killing demons fuels you, kind of fits to make that true. The demons slaughtered so many by simply existing, and you basically do the same to them.

I don`t really have anything to say, just wanted to see if I can make this multi-reply post even bigger. I already had to scroll it down, even in fullscreen on a 27".

Come on folks. There really is no need for this.

Come on, it's 2016, you can't block progress man. /s

Not meaning to make the multi-reply post even bigger(! ). Anyhow, I rather like this game mechanic. After all, drinking the blood of mortals definitely makes one stronger (and is delicious), so it seems to make perfect sense.

It's an arrow! It is pointing at... THE SCROLL BAR!

News Comments > Jay Wilson Leaves Blizzard
9. Re: Jay Wilson Leaves Blizzard Jun 7, 2016, 02:42 El Pit

There will be an auction for all the stuff he left behind at ActiBlizz.  

News Comments > Dead Rising 4 Revealed?
5. Re: The poster is a bit blurry Jun 7, 2016, 02:41 El Pit

Tachikoma wrote on Jun 7, 2016, 02:33:
Linksil wrote on Jun 7, 2016, 00:25:
I'm REALLY hating this whole MS play store only games. Throw it on steam also and give people a choice at least.

Heh, so now you know how people who don`t use Steam feel

So I guess you only play games from GOG? Your choice is very limited, then.

RE DR4: I hope this time there are no time limits. I HATED those time limits, I love to explore.

News Comments > Battleborn Patched
2. Re: Stillborn Patched Jun 4, 2016, 07:02 El Pit

Did not help. Still dead. Gearbox: "We will do another Alien game very soon - we know what our fans really want!"  

2004 Comments. 101 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo