Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

User information for El Pit

Real Name El Pit   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Nov 29, 2000, 06:19
Total Comments 2683 (Senior)
User ID 7953

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Warcraft III and Diablo II Remaster Plans?
1. Re: Warcraft III and Diablo II Remaster Plans? Jun 16, 2017, 09:53 El Pit

A remaster like StarCraft? So - not using their latest engines but polishing the stuff from 20 years ago? Please, Blizzard, I am ready to pay but only for some REAL overhaul and work done that I can actually SEE. Alright? Kthxbye.  
They're waiting for you, Gabe, in the test chamber!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
2. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 16, 2017, 09:50 El Pit

Happy birthday, Mrs. Blue! May you stay 29 for another 29 male years (female years actually get longer and longer over time).  

News Comments > Dying Light's Year+ Free DLC Deluge
11. Re: Dying Light's Year+ Free DLC Deluge Jun 16, 2017, 03:45 El Pit

I LOVE this game. I enjoyed Dead Island pretty much, but Dying Light was absolutely fantastic. Good to see Techland support its game even years after release. New enemies? New gameplay mechanics? I am in. I will start a new playthrough after all dlcs have been released. Thanks for the freebies, Techland!  

News Comments > Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus Trailer
16. Re: Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus Trailer Jun 15, 2017, 16:48 El Pit

eRe4s3r wrote on Jun 15, 2017, 12:23:
MajorD wrote on Jun 15, 2017, 12:15:

@eRe4s3r: May have been a temporary glitch in the matrix for you at the time, as I just watched the embedded video.

Nope, definitely region locked ;( And I tried with various anti-region lock sites too.. nothing. In fact ALL Bethesda videos (literally, all of them from their youtube channel) don't work for me.

Life is hard behind the great censorship firewalls of countries like China, Russia, North Korea.

News Comments > Tyranny: Bastard's Wound Announced
23. Re: Tyranny: Bastard's Wound Announced Jun 15, 2017, 08:53 El Pit

eRe4s3r wrote on Jun 15, 2017, 02:19:
Ye might wanna hold off on this update and DLC, it breaks tooltips... and without tooltips, nothing in this game magic wise is functional.

Actually, it breaks a lot more than that as I just discovered in a short play... not really enjoying these events either, just got one 2s before reaching my destination on the map and was teleported right back to where I started that 3day travel... great!

And this is how they turned 30 hrs of gameplay into a whopping 60+ hours! HOORAY!

News Comments > Metro Exodus Announced
6. Re: Metro Exodus Announced Jun 12, 2017, 12:03 El Pit

Wolfenstein, Metro... Good times ahead!!!

Yeah, pc gaming is DEAD.

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront II Trailer Leak
39. Re: Star Wars Battlefront II Trailer Leak Jun 11, 2017, 12:58 El Pit

thecakeisalie wrote on Jun 11, 2017, 00:16:
Prez wrote on Jun 10, 2017, 23:33:
Maybe I'm a kid at heart but at 47 I still love Star Wars. But there is ZERO chance of me buying Battlefront 2 early or at launch and frankly not much chance of me ever buying it given the bullshit EA and DICE pulled with the 2015 Battlefront. An empty, soulless game lacking content with the added insult of season pass crap that almost doubled the price of the game, adding the stuff that actually made it worth the $60 it was originally sold at. Fuck EA for destroying everything it touches.

And to throw salt in the wound, it even sold with a pay-to-win gun (Han's blaster - which was totally OP at launch) if you bought the "Deluxe" version. Yeah, you could unlock it without money but only if you hit max level. In the meantime you'd get easily gunned down by the people who had one from the get go.

At least there seems to be no season pass and everything free with the base game: http://www.tomshardware.com/news/star-wars-battlefront-ii-multiplayer,34737.html

Unlike the first game, which had paid content and micro-transactions, all the post-launch content, including Finn, Captain Phasma, and additional maps from the upcoming Star Wars: The Last Jedi movie will be free for everyone.

News Comments > Free Weekend for STEEP, Tom Clancy's The Division, and Trials Fusion
4. Re: Free Weekend for STEEP, Tom Clancy's The Division, and Trials Fusion Jun 10, 2017, 08:47 El Pit

jdreyer wrote on Jun 10, 2017, 03:18:
They just had a free STEEP weekend. I played it a bit, but it didn't grab me.

Not even at a STEEP discount?

News Comments > PAYDAY 2 for Free
4. Re: PAYDAY 2 for Free Jun 9, 2017, 00:57 El Pit

Hate me, call me out, I don't care, but I absolutely HATE that ISIS look that is so en vogue now for men.  

46. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 9, 2017, 00:52 El Pit

bigspender wrote on Jun 8, 2017, 18:06:
Study Finds Children Who Drink Non-Dairy Milk Shorter Than Peers.

Ah yes, the death throes of the dairy industry. It won't be long now until cows milk is a delicacy instead of a staple.

Nobody want's to drink your abuse juice anymore. Given that 1/2 of the world already doesn't and never did drink it, and they still don't get osteoporosis there is no reason to drink cows milk.

Awwww... Cheese, shakes, yogurt, curd, ice cream - and I only want the REAL stuff without fake milk, because why replace it in the first place?! No, I love dairy products and always will.

16. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 8, 2017, 13:33 El Pit

NKD wrote on Jun 8, 2017, 13:13:
Comey's strong confidence in Mueller's investigation is reassuring, but that has never been my concern.

My concern is that the cowards on the right will not put America before party if it becomes clear Trump was involved in wrongdoing.

Nothing's gonna happen. Only serious political crimes like an affair with a White House intern grant an impeachment.

I wonder if getting a golden shower from two Russian prostit... Aw, hell no. Forget it. Who wouldn't?

15. RE: Cyberpunk 2077 Jun 8, 2017, 13:30 El Pit

https://twitter.com/CDPROJEKTRED/status/872840969795899394

Cyberpunk news... SAD news... Some files from the game are supposedly held to ransom.

News Comments > Writer Jay Pinkerton Leaves Valve
8. Re: Writer Jay Pinkerton Leaves Valve Jun 7, 2017, 11:42 El Pit

VaranDragon wrote on Jun 7, 2017, 09:26:
Thats probably it. Not much a writer can write about when there is nothing in development. Probably got tired of composing another Steam newsletter, or Steam Store promotion....

Who is going to write the backstories to all the HATS now? Oh my god oh my god oh my god...

I think the number of desks rolled to the HATS group was so big that he felt a bit cramped and just had to move on.

Or *gasp* did Gabe approach him to actually write the backstory to a GAME? No, just kidding. We all know Valve is no longer working on games.

News Comments > GOG Summer Sale Includes Free Rebel Galaxy
9. Re: GOG Summer Sale Includes Free Rebel Galaxy Jun 6, 2017, 14:38 El Pit

Lord Tea wrote on Jun 6, 2017, 11:32:
Rebel Galaxy is a pretty free game...

FTFY.

And I am sorry GoG dared to insult you by offering you a game for free that you don't like. I think they should call the summer sale off because of this.

3. Re: Out of the Blue May 30, 2017, 11:58 El Pit

VaranDragon wrote on May 30, 2017, 10:10:
Give it a week or two Blue. Not saying that the movie is crap, but the initial scores for new releases are always pretty high. Batman v Superman was over 85% initially if I remember correctly. Though I have to say I really did like that movie. I don't know why it got such bad ratings. (I only watched the extended director's cut version though).

Wonder Woman could really be better than the other DC movies from the last few years. Zack Snyder had not as much to do with it as he had with the other DC movie universe movies, so at least one can hope that WW is decent.

News Comments > New Intel CPU Announcements
17. Re: New Intel CPU Announcements May 30, 2017, 11:56 El Pit

Thank you, AMD, for being a competition. Thank you, intel, for accepting the challenge and finally releasing really better cpus at a good price for 6c/12t and 8c/16t.

Now we can all buy what we want and can afford. Good times!

News Comments > Friday the 13th: The Game Launch Hits Bad Luck
1. Re: Friday the 13th: The Game Launch Hits Bad Luck May 29, 2017, 12:20 El Pit

40 years is NOTHING! Look at the scale of the game, the immersion, the things you can do, the MMO part in a persistent univ...

Uhm...

Sorry. I confused it with another game that will take AT LEAST 40 years until release (of a very limited beta).

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: King of Kong May 29, 2017, 12:16 El Pit

The angry gorilla will wear an orange wig and will talk only in superlatives. It will become a blockbuster and will run for at least another 7.5 years or so.  

News Comments > Far Cry 5 in February
72. Re: Far Cry 5 in February May 27, 2017, 15:20 El Pit

ledhead1969 wrote on May 27, 2017, 14:40:
"Christians are supposed to NOT defend themselves, but to turn the other cheek when being slapped in the face."

That is probably the dumbest thing I've read all morning. Luke 22:36-38 for one. Why have a sword if you aren't going to use it to defend yourself? Turning the other cheek is a deescalation response. It is NOT to allow someone to kill your child in front of you and to do nothing to prevent it. Only an idiot would believe Jesus would accept that.

And a Christian would not take a sword, but a shield. Does "Thou shalt not kill" ring a bell? Exactly, one of the ten commandments, the very center of Christian belief.

News Comments > More on Far Cry 5
25. Re: More on Far Cry 5 May 27, 2017, 13:56 El Pit

Task wrote on May 27, 2017, 12:10:
El Pit wrote on May 27, 2017, 11:49:
Task wrote on May 27, 2017, 11:37:
A lot of chatter boxes around this game.

I hope the game has illegal this Aliens (that's the twist).

FTFY

No.

Hm... They look Chinese, don't they? WE NEED A GREAT PACIFIC WALL, AND WHO IS GONNA PAY FOR IT? YOU WILL!!!! No, wait, THEY WILL BECAUSE... REASONS!!!! This is the best idea ever, coming from a brain that is the next step, no, the next and the step after it in evolution! SHEER AWESOMENESS! Never before has a president...

Ah, whatever.

2683 Comments. 135 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo