Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for El Pit

Real Name El Pit   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Nov 29, 2000, 06:19
Total Comments 2204 (Senior)
User ID 7953

User comment history
< Newer [ 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 ] Older >

News Comments > Star Citizen's $900 Ship
65. Re: Star Citizen's $900 Ship Sep 30, 2015, 13:38 El Pit

dsmart wrote on Sep 30, 2015, 13:15:
JoeNapalm wrote on Sep 30, 2015, 10:41:
And even if SC implodes in a spectacular fashion, it won't be because Derek Smart was right. DS thinks that it can't be made because he couldn't make it, therefore, you should buy his games.

That's every bit as crazy as any of this.

-Jn-

Don't be daft. I have written lengthy blogs, complete with tech jargon, explaining WHY it can't be built. You should probably read them.

Wait and see, Derek. I'm sure after the implosion of this behemoth of a black hole, fingers will get pointed at you and all "trolls". CR will insist that it was that toxic environment and ongoing trolling that made the dream break and the vision getting strangled by evil forces. CR will want to offer a scapegoat to the followers because that's the way how false messiahs handle these situations.

Name a single event in history where hatred, fear, and greed helped to solve a crisis.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Star Citizen Departures?
98. Re: Star Citizen Departures? Sep 26, 2015, 02:28 El Pit

Star Citizen needs...

...RTS
...MOBA
...City/Station/Planet building like in City: Skylines
...RPG elements in FPS (like Fallout 3/NV/4)
...4x strategy mode
...platformer modules in 2D/2.5D/3D
...Pong with two battlecruisers and a satellite
...and more ships

See? A lot needs to be done. Don't underachieve, go for the stars! Start the next kickstarter NOW! VISION, people, VISION!!!

I love the defenders. Then again, I remember how some sects ended... No. They're not like that. To all star pilots: EJECT! EJECT! EJECT!

And if you wait for the third "EJECT!", you will already be alone in the pixel starship.

This comment was edited on Sep 26, 2015, 02:35.

Name a single event in history where hatred, fear, and greed helped to solve a crisis.

News Comments > Cloud Imperium Games Layoff Report Follow-up
11. Re: Cloud Imperium Games Layoff Report Follow-up Sep 26, 2015, 02:17 El Pit

One of the first new employees is the new CIG pr and information manager. Let him personally explain what is going on at CIG and why there is absolutely NO reason to question Christ Roberts:
https://youtu.be/yfAeMtcURg0

TL;DR: "The CIG critics are coming to surrender or are burning in their parents' basements."

20. Re: Star Citizen Departures? Sep 25, 2015, 11:45 El Pit

Wallshadows wrote on Sep 25, 2015, 11:43:
All I can find about a leak is the 48GB in assets which got sniffed out by accident on a screenshot. Is the email made public?

kxmode linked to it in the last SC thread.

18. Re: Star Citizen Departures? Sep 25, 2015, 11:36 El Pit

Tipsy McStagger wrote on Sep 25, 2015, 11:06:
Yes!!

One step closer to Derek Smart getting proved right.

Loving every minute of it. Flamethrower Popcorn

No, no, nooooo... Please move on, nothing to see here. It's the usual restructuring after the game development has been successfully finished.

Ahm... Wait a minute... No, no, what I mean is after the development of the alpha versions of some game modules has been finished.

See? Everything is alright.

Everything is preceding as I have foreseen, Lord Vader.

17. Re: Star Citizen Departures? Sep 25, 2015, 11:34 El Pit

Task wrote on Sep 25, 2015, 10:48:
Ralph Nader? Nah, DS is more like the Donald Trump or Jack Thompson of gaming.

Better look out if you don't finish a game and its a space game. Enemy Starfighter, that Limit Theory guy, or Braben could be next to feel the DS heat.

Braben already delivered unlike the LT guy or CR.

16. Re: Star Citizen Departures? Sep 25, 2015, 11:32 El Pit

nin wrote on Sep 25, 2015, 11:20:
Darks wrote on Sep 25, 2015, 11:16:
Great movie, Hard to believe Val Kilmer let himself go out of shape so badly. Was hoping to see him in the new Top Gun as the Iceman again. but more then likely he will be renamed Call sign the Fat-man.

Some medications cause the bloatedness I've seen him with. Might be a medical issue.

It comes also with age. Val is not 25 anymore. A lot of guys 40+ need doping to (re-)build muscles and make training as effective as it has been when they were in their 20s. Not too good for the liver and your reproduction organs. Sly is pretty open about using HGH and other stuff to keep in shape at his age, and I think Arnie is on the same train although he wouldn't admit it.

2. Re: Star Citizen Departures? Sep 25, 2015, 10:17 El Pit

Alyssa Delo (Darth Alyssa) has also lost the citizen rights.  

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
1. Re: Evening Consolidation Sep 24, 2015, 00:29 El Pit

Extreme Exorcism - when Mild Exorcism does not help! Brought to you by Pope Francis! Available now from the priest in your neighborhood!

(Pro tip: hide your young boys for as long as the exorcism in your house takes.)

News Comments > Op Ed
80. Re: Op Ed Sep 24, 2015, 00:27 El Pit

Kosumo wrote on Sep 24, 2015, 00:04:
Good news everybody; They have announced the price for up-coming ship sale, the Endeavor! and the crowd tell me it is reasonable if not cheap!

- Base Endeavor (Standard Labs Attached) - $425
- Base Hope (Hospital Layout) - $450
- Base Endeavor (No Pods) - $350

Thank God that Chris Roberts is so caring to give us these so cheap, bless him.

So how many of theses are you gonna buy?

WOW! Are they limited? I mean even cheap labor in China can produce only so many pixels. Will I receive a screenshot of the ship? When will it be released? Can I test drive it in my Hangar Commander game?

Base Hope and Base Endeavor - yes, because the Hope that SC is not a vain Endeavor is what you buy with your money.

News Comments > New Wolfenstein Revealed?
21. Re: New Wolfenstein Revealed? Sep 24, 2015, 00:17 El Pit

MajorD wrote on Sep 23, 2015, 18:19:
LiTh wrote on Sep 23, 2015, 17:33:
BobBob wrote on Sep 23, 2015, 14:22:
I wonder if they'll make an Apple TV version. Lately, I've been quite impressed with the recent iOS games. They've evolved to become more complex and visually appealing. The fact I can just take them anywhere I want is a major plus - especially to the beach. Thumbsup

Why would you goto the beach to play a phone app?

Yeah really, I'd be looking at beach babes in bikinis and the waves, not a mobile device.

Oh, and thanks all for feedback on Wolfenstein NO and OB.

Cheers Thumbsup

Bikini beach babes buying bread beyond belief? Who would want to miss this? WHO, I ASK?!!!

News Comments > Oddworld: Abe's Oddysee Free on Steam
5. Re: Oddworld: Abe's Oddysee Free on Steam Sep 24, 2015, 00:05 El Pit

GOG is selling DRM versions?! I just checked, and no, they don't. The GOG versions are drm-free, of course. A sigh of relief is ok, I guess.  

News Comments > Dragon Age: Inquisition Game of the Year Edition Next Month
14. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Game of the Year Edition Next Month Sep 23, 2015, 12:32 El Pit

WOW! Bioware/EA doing a GOTY edition? This is a surprise, but a nice surprise. I will get DA:I GOTY - I loved the first, didn't care much about the second, but the third looked good in some let's play vids. Now, where are the GOTYs of Mass Effect 1/2/3, Dragon Age 2, Crysis 3, and Dead Space 3, EA? Don't stop there, bring them on, if you want my money.  

News Comments > Op Ed
46. Re: Op Ed Sep 23, 2015, 03:05 El Pit

Sugarman wrote on Sep 23, 2015, 02:45:
Of course it is Ryan, most people are supposed to do what their boss tells them to do, it's the job they were hired for.

So, only the boss of intel can decide how many pipeline stages their next i7 will have? And nobody should question it and tell him that maybe 14 pipeline stages might not be enough? The NASA boss will decide what screws should be used in the next space rocket they build, all shall obey without reasoning?

Ever thought about going to North Korea or China? They need people like you right there!

News Comments > Out of the Blue
27. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 21, 2015, 05:12 El Pit

I remember Lucas being interviewed about releasing the theatrical cuts just after the special editions got released. He HONESTLY told the reporter that this would no longer be possible since the original negative had been cut and re-edited for the special editions. Sarcasticclap

That was the first sign of Lucas living in his own world even before the production of Phantom Menace. I wonder if he really believed in the stupid lies that he fed people right then.

On the other hand, I will always be thankful for his contribution to the movie business. Star Wars Original Trilogy, the first three Indiana Jones movies, Willow, and his genius with special effects and how his Industrial Light & Magic enterprise revolutionised Hollywood blockbusters - WOW. In my opinion that outweighs the Prequel Trilogy, Indiana Jones and the Nuking of the Fridge.

News Comments > Age of Mythology: Tale of the Dragon Announced
2. Re: Age of Mythology: Tale of the Dragon Announced Sep 20, 2015, 11:10 El Pit

13 years in the making, and finally delivered: Star Ci... *cough* Tale of the Dragon!  

14. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 19, 2015, 07:00 El Pit

I liked Hunger Games, although the parallel to the very good japanese Battle Royale movie is too obvious. Those were of course, R-rated movies, whereas Hunger Games has been watered down to do bigger box office numbers.

Divergent was alright. Nothing great, but definitely not a waste of time (or budget).

Maze Runner? A failure imo. I couldn't relate to the characters, and a lot of that movie felt so convoluted, like the production crew wanted to compress all the ideas they had into the runtime of that movie. It just felt so underdeveloped because of that. And imo it had the worst actors of the named YA franchises. I might watch the sequel if it should become available as part of the Amazon Prime streaming program but will definitely not pay for a ticket.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
11. Re: Morning Consolidation Sep 19, 2015, 06:53 El Pit

harlock wrote on Sep 18, 2015, 23:46:
they might have been a staple, but its always been about the business for them

its not art - its money, pure and simple

just because they were there first, there is automatic respect for the pioneering... but hey, somebody had to do it - beyond the pure luck of "right place, right time" theres not much else

its easy to be the first when no one else is even there at all

If it's so easy, then please go ahead and prove it. Invent something that will make millions. It's easy, you said.

7. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 18, 2015, 13:13 El Pit

Microsoft's Future: MILKOSOFT!

https://youtu.be/1B4agbj1A_c

Rotfl Sarcasticclap Lol_dies

News Comments > Just Cause 3: Air, Land & Sea Expansion Pass Announced
14. Re: Just Cause 3: Air, Land & Sea Expansion Pass Announced Sep 15, 2015, 16:18 El Pit

eRe4s3r wrote on Sep 15, 2015, 16:02:
So basically they say "Wait for complete edition before buying on Steam for 75% off" ?????

That's what I usually do. This way I can buy MORE GAMES!!!

But I have to wait for 2 years or so which means by the time I get it I usually got a new graphics card and somethimes a new cpu and motherboard (I always go for high middle class in this section, like a big i5-k and a gtx970 atm). This way I can usually play the game at high rez with no hickups.

Good (and CHEAP) things come to those who wait!

2204 Comments. 111 pages. Viewing page 29.
< Newer [ 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo