Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

User information for El Pit

Real Name El Pit   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Nov 29, 2000, 06:19
Total Comments 2778 (Senior)
User ID 7953

User comment history
< Newer [ 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 ] Older >

News Comments > Resident Evil 7 biohazard Film Tie-in for Consoles
12. Re: Resident Evil 7 biohazard Film Tie-in for Consoles Jan 11, 2017, 02:13 El Pit

Jivaro wrote on Jan 10, 2017, 23:45:
Glad I could help make your head explode...I guess?

Bomb Anxious

They're waiting for you, Gabe, in the test chamber!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
6. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jan 11, 2017, 01:36 El Pit

I am waiting for benchmarks by websites based on the consumer version. I don't trust AMD after the lies about Bulldozer and the RX480.  

9. Re: Resident Evil 7 biohazard Film Tie-in for Consoles Jan 10, 2017, 17:01 El Pit

Jivaro wrote on Jan 10, 2017, 12:39:
I think my patience has more to do with growing up with some seriously bad "B" cult films being the backbone of my sci-fi and fantasy movie experience.

My collection includes...
Plan 9 From Outer Space
Carnival of Souls
Reefer Madness
House on Haunted Hill
Swamp Thing

Putting Carnival of Souls in one list with Plan 9 makes my head explode. It's like putting E.T. The Atari Game and Baldur's Gate on the same list. CoS is a brilliant b movie, while Plan 9... Well... It is something you got to witness like a train wreck to believe it, but it is not even a c movie.

5. Re: Resident Evil 7 biohazard Film Tie-in for Consoles Jan 10, 2017, 10:48 El Pit

I liked some movies of the franchise. Also, the last two movies featured awesome 3D! Not cheap conversions, but actually shot in 3D which means there is real depth in the picture instead of a pop-out here and there. Of course, the screenplay and characters lacked exactly that depth, but those are popcorn movies and not one of them was in my opinion as horribly bad and wanted you to stab your eyes out like Transformers 2.

This comment was edited on Jan 10, 2017, 16:56.

News Comments > Scalebound Cancelled
10. Re: Scalebound Cancelled Jan 10, 2017, 06:49 El Pit

Redmask wrote on Jan 10, 2017, 06:39:
That's the fifth Microsoft exclusive cancelled this generation, well done guys.

You don't believe in their promise to make pc gaming great again anymore? So sad...

News Comments > New AMD Radeon Crimson ReLive Drivers
5. Re: New AMD Radeon Crimson ReLive Drivers Jan 10, 2017, 06:02 El Pit

pagb wrote on Jan 9, 2017, 19:37:
If it's not Radeon Software Crimson ReLive Royale Limited Collector's Edition, I don't want it

With fries! Take-away!

News Comments > No Mass Effect: Andromeda Season Pass
2. Re: No Mass Effect: Andromeda Season Pass Jan 8, 2017, 12:17 El Pit

If true, this will either mean that a) all ME:A DLC will be free (which would make this a day 2 - I will wait for the first reviews - buy for me) or b) all ME:A DLC will be nickel and dime'd to hell and back (which would make me avoid this game until it is free in ten years or so).  

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
13. Re: Saturday Metaverse Jan 8, 2017, 10:22 El Pit

Beamer wrote on Jan 8, 2017, 10:19:
El Pit wrote on Jan 8, 2017, 02:43:
SirKnight wrote on Jan 7, 2017, 23:48:
Dacote wrote on Jan 7, 2017, 12:23:
Edge is a flop, chrome is a hog, hopefully firefox will improve.

You mean Firefox is a hog. I've never seen a browser take up so much memory as Firefox and run so poorly. Then when one tab or window does something bad, every other window and tab goes down with it.

With Chrome I am using significantly less memory and it's SOOOO much more stable, NEVER crashes on me. Firefox would crash (and corrupt my bookmarks) constantly. This is all with minimal to no addons enabled too!

What helps Chrome even more is to use a plugin like The Great Suspender. Firefox is pretty much dead to me at this point.

Thank you for using Chrome! And thanks for all the data, too!
Yours truly, Google

EDIT: Sorry! I know that only Microsoft is the devil and neither Google nor Apple would spy on people. My bad!

As if Google can't get that data, anyway.

I used to think like you, but at work, we had a choice of IE7 or Chrome. I used IE7 for all things Google, and Chrome for everything else.

Didn't matter. The other day my mother emailed me a link to a coat at Nordstrom. I opened it on my phone. Before I even put the phone down I had an ad on my work desktop with that same coat. Even though Chrome never had an opportunity to know what that Google account was, Google was still able to link my work browser session to my phone.

That is what I meant to say (in a way): they ALL spy on you. But unlike Google and Microsoft and Apple, Mozilla is at least a nonprofit organization. I prefer to support the nonprofit orgs.

News Comments > etc.
3. Re: etc. Jan 8, 2017, 08:56 El Pit

There is a spot in the huge Valve office that looks deserted. It is the place where anybody who wants to work on Half-Life (2: Episode) 3 or ANY OTHER GAME should move his desk to.  

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
10. Re: Saturday Metaverse Jan 8, 2017, 02:43 El Pit

SirKnight wrote on Jan 7, 2017, 23:48:
Dacote wrote on Jan 7, 2017, 12:23:
Edge is a flop, chrome is a hog, hopefully firefox will improve.

You mean Firefox is a hog. I've never seen a browser take up so much memory as Firefox and run so poorly. Then when one tab or window does something bad, every other window and tab goes down with it.

With Chrome I am using significantly less memory and it's SOOOO much more stable, NEVER crashes on me. Firefox would crash (and corrupt my bookmarks) constantly. This is all with minimal to no addons enabled too!

What helps Chrome even more is to use a plugin like The Great Suspender. Firefox is pretty much dead to me at this point.

Thank you for using Chrome! And thanks for all the data, too!
Yours truly, Google

EDIT: Sorry! I know that only Microsoft is the devil and neither Google nor Apple would spy on people. My bad!

This comment was edited on Jan 8, 2017, 04:24.

News Comments > etc., etc.
6. Re: etc., etc. Jan 7, 2017, 02:28 El Pit

Creston wrote on Jan 7, 2017, 01:16:
Valve better start paying attention, and, I dunno, maybe have some dude roll his fucking desk over and make some changes.

They might even decide to *gasp* make games again! Like Half-Life 2: Episode 3 or Left 4 Dead 3 or ANYTHING.

And they might want to look into cloud gaming services. It might take another 10 years, but then this will be THE big thing. One platform delivering games to tv sets, cell phones, tablets, and so on. It will go the same way as movie rental services with the added plus that the consumer hardware will no longer depend on upgrading hardware components to play at high fidelity.

News Comments > etc., etc.
5. Re: etc., etc. Jan 7, 2017, 02:21 El Pit

Creston wrote on Jan 7, 2017, 01:19:
Also, wow, just 500K copies for Deus Ex, and 450K for Dishonored 2. That's pretty terrible for 2 of the best games on PC this year...

They should have kickstarted them, selling JPGs of augmentations or magic devices. They would have made a fortune with guaranteed income over years. All they would have to do is the production of a tech demo that fans call "the game" and then tell the fans that the ever growing team needs more time and money to make the games great (again)! Don't release games - promise, make them dream, but do not - I repeat - DO NOT DELIVER! This would end it all!

News Comments > Mass Effect 2 Free on Origin
22. Re: ME newbie. Jan 6, 2017, 04:13 El Pit

Slick wrote on Jan 6, 2017, 03:59:

It's true, 1 in 10 people in here are so edgy they're entirely made out of edge.

If they have n edges - does that not make them round?

News Comments > GeForce Now Streaming Announced
36. Re: GeForce Now Streaming Announced Jan 5, 2017, 14:22 El Pit

One day, when 1 Gbps will be available pretty much everywhere, this might be the end of high end pcs and components. And it will also be the end of consoles, too. One platform for everybody (more or less), games will be streamed like videos now directly to your displays. This might happen within a decade.  

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
9. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jan 3, 2017, 04:08 El Pit

Agent-Zero wrote on Jan 2, 2017, 16:53:
Thing is, it all boils down to money here - and the net result is basically just a higher bill, more fees or something of that nature. So then you have some people that are just going to complain about having to pay more, but ultimately roll over and take it because its not a big deal.

Its a little step, they push you until you freak out, wait for you to forget about it, then push a little more, and over, and over, and over. Eventually you are way, way far back from anything resembling "fairness" - but its already a done deal because your baseline itself has been moved along the way as you keep rolling over and taking it, then forgetting about it, etc.

Its not difficult. Its not "genius" level manipulation, its very simple in fact. People who dominate the game know how to play the game, its just as simple as that. This is not a new methodology. Its fucking textbook.

Only the people who can barely pay their bills to begin with are going to really do something, which will just be a further push into more outlaw type scenarios, because the only choice they have is either break the rules or go without.

That wont last forever, and also it wont be pretty when the shit really hits the fan. Its the exact same thing with automation and robots filling all the dumb labor jobs, only much worse because then you are talking about a persons total income itself.

Call me crazy as much as you want, thats only expected - but theres no need to front, because I can smell your fear. The assholes that already own everything arent going away without a fight. The storm is brewing, regardless of whether you want to accept it or not - and this is by no means meant to imply some kind of impending successful revolution or anything like that. Trust me, I understand why you wouldnt want to face a fact like this. Its just like Pinhead said: "Welcome to the worst nightmare of all: REALITY."

Where can I sign this? You only forgot to mention that after the storm things will get worse before they get better. And after that, the cycle will start again because we homo sapiens do not learn from our own history.

9. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jan 3, 2017, 03:59 El Pit

jdreyer wrote on Jan 2, 2017, 19:36:
El Pit wrote on Jan 2, 2017, 13:07:
Bill Borre wrote on Jan 2, 2017, 12:39:
I'm not sure I understand the librarian's justification for the fraudulent behavior. He says they didn't want to have to buy the books back in the future, but if no one checks it out in 1-2 years, wouldn't that probability be low?

1. Most librarians are like collectors: they want to keep the books they have.
2. The librarian might say that the probability that the book would be rented in three years is zero if the book is no longer available in this library. Once it is no longer available, the book might be forgotten/gone forever - and this usually breaks the hearts of librarians and bibliophiles.

There's a simple solution to this. Allow the borrowing of electronic books. Then they don't take up space.

It is not the same. Having a book in your hand is different to swiping pages on your tablet. I prefer the Kindle service, but I understand people who say it is just not the same - they are right. It is the same with MP3/FLAC/AAC/whatever compared to vinyl. Huge covers with great pictures and drawings/paintings do not translate well to small JPGs in media players. The same with the big booklets that many records included with great pieces of art. Nevertheless, I do prefer my MP3/FLAC to vinyl because I listen to a lot of music on the road.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
3. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jan 2, 2017, 14:36 El Pit

"Net neutrality? Neutrality is for pussies, and I'm a pussy grabber! Net neutrality is against profit, so it has to go. Dear Americans: more profit equals more jobs. This is a lie, uh, a fact that I constantly repeat to make you reconsider net neutrality, tree hugging, racial equality, and any governmental control or supervision of banking houses, big companies, and global investment management corporations. We, the billionaires, need nobody to hold our hands! We don't need no nanny state! All we need is more PROFIT, because the richer we get, the more jobs China... uh... YOU will get!"  

2. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jan 2, 2017, 13:07 El Pit

Bill Borre wrote on Jan 2, 2017, 12:39:
I'm not sure I understand the librarian's justification for the fraudulent behavior. He says they didn't want to have to buy the books back in the future, but if no one checks it out in 1-2 years, wouldn't that probability be low?

1. Most librarians are like collectors: they want to keep the books they have.
2. The librarian might say that the probability that the book would be rented in three years is zero if the book is no longer available in this library. Once it is no longer available, the book might be forgotten/gone forever - and this usually breaks the hearts of librarians and bibliophiles.

News Comments > Op Ed
37. Re: Morning Mobilization Jan 2, 2017, 10:47 El Pit

Quboid wrote on Jan 1, 2017, 17:11:
El Pit, you must have noticed that a few of these people think non-white and/or non-male representation in video games doesn't matter, while clearly thinking it's very important that it doesn't matter. If you haven't, meet Cutter.

There are idiots and murderers in EVERY race, EVERY nation, EVERY religion, BOTH sexes, and so on. The percentage of idiots and killers in each group usually changes over time because of cultural, religious, economical and/or ecological challenges the groups face at that time, but over the centuries and millennia they reach about the same level. That does not help you, of course, if you happen to live in a time where one group is extremely aggressive. Then you have to handle the situation, and if you think that it would be politically incorrect to especially look for e.g. Asian people after you heard that somebody with obviously Asian roots has robbed a shop near you, then you must have totally misunderstood political correctness.

It is difficult and there are no easy solutions no matter what The Donald tells you.

News Comments > Op Ed
26. Re: Morning Mobilization Jan 1, 2017, 11:46 El Pit

Cpmartins wrote on Jan 1, 2017, 11:41:
Scottish Martial Arts wrote on Dec 31, 2016, 23:11:
butthurt middle aged men of bluesnews are gonna butthurt
You forgot "white". Can't skip that one.

Because people with non-european roots respect women's rights better, right?

2778 Comments. 139 pages. Viewing page 27.
< Newer [ 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo