Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for El Pit

Real Name El Pit   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Nov 29, 2000, 06:19
Total Comments 2204 (Senior)
User ID 7953

User comment history
< Newer [ 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
47. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 18, 2015, 03:41 El Pit

Kxmode wrote on Dec 18, 2015, 03:27:
El Pit wrote on Dec 18, 2015, 02:24:
I've watched it yesterday evening. It's an alright movie, but it leaves a lot to be desired. Many questions of fans were not only not answered but remain totally untouched, the big emotional scene of the movie did not work for a lot in the audience, and the whole movie feels like only the first half of a Star Wars episode. New main characters are introduced and only some of them work. The big baddies unfortunately didn't, they are a far cry from Vader and Sidious. The casting is also great in some cases (Daisy Ridley and John Boyega are really, really good) whereas in other cases the choices have not been as good (Adam Driver, Oscar Isaac).
The story is flat, VERY flat, the philosphy behind the Force plays no role at all (it's just there), so that this "awakening of the force" somehow does not happen (I don't know what the title has to do with the movie, really).
Of course, it's just Daisy Ridley's force sensitive character that "awakens" to the force, but the force itself does not awaken in any way, it's still around with Kylo Ren and Snoke, and maybe even Luke. Great dialogue by Luke, by the way!
I've watched in 3d, and the conversion is definitely rushed. Very few good 3d effects, mostly it's just two planes (foreground, background) without real depth. I was looking forward to seeing the ships and battles in 3d, it would have added very much to the movie, but it didn't work either.
TL;DR - it's alright. Better than the prequels in my opinion, but definitely worse and more hollow than the original trilogy.

I'm sure you and I have been fans for a long time. Myself since the 80s. However, I have to COMPLETELY disagree with you on pretty much everything. For me the entire film was flawless. Story. Characters. Actors. Special effects. Music! I mean like I left the movie in tears and exhausted. This is pretty much the Star Wars experience I wanted that I never got from the Prequels.

And to me, this movie lacked in all departments. It wasn't bad, though. The music?! Really? This is the first score by Williams that left me totally cold. I couldn't spot a single new theme that caught me.

I've seen a lot of better and worse movies. After the screening, I just felt let down. I remember how I came out of Empire and Jedi as a kid/teenager and felt totally hyped and wanted more. In 1999, I watched Episode I at the age of 30 and came out hurt, like somebody kicked my balls for two hours. I thought it's my bad, that I had become too old and cynical. Two years later I watched Fellowship of the Ring and was moved, I laughed, I cried, it was just one emotional rollercoaster. And I thought to myself: Nope, it isn't me. It's not me having become cold, it was really that the prequels didn't touch me. And Episode VII left me pretty much cold, especially the big emotional scene was done really bad.

Whatever. You got your opinion, I got mine. Episode VII will still make a billion $$$ or even two.

Name a single event in history where hatred, fear, and greed helped to solve a crisis.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

38. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 18, 2015, 02:24 El Pit

DangerDog wrote on Dec 17, 2015, 13:50:
Nope, I consider myself a pretty big fan of Star Wars (4,5,6) and I'm feeling pretty non-pulsed about this reboot.

As a fan you know, of course, that this is not a reboot.

I've watched it yesterday evening. It's an alright movie, but it leaves a lot to be desired. Many questions of fans were not only not answered but remain totally untouched, the big emotional scene of the movie did not work for a lot in the audience, and the whole movie feels like only the first half of a Star Wars episode. New main characters are introduced and only some of them work. The big baddies unfortunately didn't, they are a far cry from Vader and Sidious. The casting is also great in some cases (Daisy Ridley and John Boyega are really, really good) whereas in other cases the choices have not been as good (Adam Driver, Oscar Isaac).
The story is flat, VERY flat, the philosphy behind the Force plays no role at all (it's just there), so that this "awakening of the force" somehow does not happen (I don't know what the title has to do with the movie, really).
Of course, it's just Daisy Ridley's force sensitive character that "awakens" to the force, but the force itself does not awaken in any way, it's still around with Kylo Ren and Snoke, and maybe even Luke. Great dialogue by Luke, by the way!
I've watched in 3d, and the conversion is definitely rushed. Very few good 3d effects, mostly it's just two planes (foreground, background) without real depth. I was looking forward to seeing the ships and battles in 3d, it would have added very much to the movie, but it didn't work either.
TL;DR - it's alright. Better than the prequels in my opinion, but definitely worse and more hollow than the original trilogy.

This comment was edited on Dec 18, 2015, 02:31.

Name a single event in history where hatred, fear, and greed helped to solve a crisis.

News Comments > Op Ed
6. Re: Op Ed Dec 16, 2015, 01:19 El Pit

Slick wrote on Dec 15, 2015, 23:47:
Also, Disney is going to be pushing out a new Star Wars movie every year for the rest of time? Did I miss something? I thought there were 3 more to go in this saga. Yeah, i suppose they could start a new one, or jump on any number of spin-offs, but as far as I knew they've contracted out the sequels and that's it. I was expecting more SW videogames, and TV series to fill in the gaps on the spreadsheet?

Contracted out the sequels? What are you talking about? They're Lucasfilm/Disney. Nothing has been contracted out. Right now, Rogue One (one of the spin-offs) is being shot, Episode VIII starts shooting early next year, the Han Solo movie has been announced and is being written, Episode IX is not too far away, and Boba Fett will be in another spin-off in just a couple of years. Those are the current plans, all being done in house. Will there be more? That depends on the success, especially when it comes to the spin-off movies. A tv series (not animated) is being discussed, another animated series should start in about two years. Not sure how much Lucasfilm will be involved in those tv series, though.

News Comments > Delete Steam Games
29. Re: Delete Steam Games Dec 5, 2015, 08:34 El Pit

NetHead wrote on Dec 5, 2015, 06:09:
walrus1 wrote on Dec 4, 2015, 21:16:
This seems like a recipe for disaster.

Turns out you can make a hidden category, as long as that works well enough don't see the point in deleting things, or even allowing it for problems to turn up.

You might want to read the other posts to understand why there is a point, maybe not for you but for others.

25. Re: Delete Steam Games Dec 5, 2015, 02:41 El Pit

Retired wrote on Dec 4, 2015, 21:27:
ummm...you guys know there are groups - our you can HIDE them?

Bats, this is good for the people who (accidentially) bought censored games and want to get rid of them so they can replace them with the REAL games. I think it's good for people in e.g. Australia and Germany.

24. Re: Delete Steam Games Dec 5, 2015, 02:39 El Pit

Dacron wrote on Dec 5, 2015, 00:54:
I reinstalled Dead Island 2 the other week, thinking I didn't give it a fair shake and I should give it another go after Dying Light was so good.

When was Dead Island 2 released? I must have missed that! Surprised

News Comments > New AMD Crimson Drivers
5. Re: New AMD Crimson Drivers Dec 1, 2015, 14:00 El Pit

Pr()ZaC wrote on Dec 1, 2015, 10:33:
Impressive number of fixes for a .1 release.

It can easily be achieved. Just break a lot of stuff with one driver and you can fix a lot with the next one. It's easy to be a winner these days.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
3. Re: Evening Consolidation Dec 1, 2015, 04:51 El Pit

Total-Khaos wrote on Dec 1, 2015, 03:07:
You can put lipstick on a pig...

How do you like yours?

Dead Island is a solid game and entertaining. Of course, you can win almost every fight with one single approach. But if you resist you will get a good and entertaining gaming experience.

News Comments > Black Friday Interviews
4. Re: Black Friday Interviews Nov 28, 2015, 02:41 El Pit

BELIEVE, people! BELIEVE!

(and pay)

News Comments > Pre-Steam Sale Prices Raised?
48. Re: Pre-Steam Sale Prices Raised? Nov 28, 2015, 02:39 El Pit

But it's good for us that they raise prices! If you get 50% off $30, it's just $15 off. If they raise the price to $40 - YOU GET A WHOPPING $20 OFF!!! Isn't that just great? See? So after the raise, YOU SAVE EVEN MORE!

News Comments > Evening Patches
3. Re: Evening Patches Nov 25, 2015, 14:20 El Pit

It's a minor update to Arkham Knight. Just 4.5 GB.

4.5 GB...

DAMN!!!

News Comments > Codemasters Closes Malta Studio
4. Re: Codemasters Closes Malta Studio Nov 25, 2015, 13:06 El Pit

Task wrote on Nov 25, 2015, 11:59:
They made the move for more than internal strife there ('invaded' really? By there own people, ok); that country is going bankrupt, and fast. The way I see it, its turning into another Greece since the IMF thinks Austerity/Debt-Foreverô is totally the solution for everything. Not exactly a great climate to run a business in while their leaders are talentless Oligarchs and other Extremist clowns illegally put in power as a sweet bonus.

Right. The solution to debts is simply printing new money to pay back the debts. Easy.

And the Ukraine has of course not been invaded. Putin has made clear very often that no Russian troops are involved. Only Russian "volunteers" join the separatists and take their tanks and weapons with them like on a holiday. In Russia, soldiers are allowed to take their tanks with them on a vacation. It's a totally peaceful and democratic liberation of the parts of the Ukraine with oil and other resources.

26. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 22, 2015, 12:54 El Pit

Happy birthday, Blue! Stay healthy!  

News Comments > Fallout 4 Patch Plans
51. Re: Fallout 4 Patch Plans Nov 21, 2015, 10:47 El Pit

Quinn wrote on Nov 21, 2015, 08:31:
Great White Shark wrote on Nov 21, 2015, 08:21:
Zip your trap junior unless you wanna us to get real. Some of us defended your poorly written shit heap of a post because we believe in the platform but that doesn't give you license to mouth off everyone else. You spent 50 posts the other day arguing about a price that you knew was wrong because you failed to read before posting so you can GTFO with that shit.

Wow, wow there, boy. Easy now! That whole example you mention was another classic case of people reading like an ass-hat and completely missing my point and/or turning the point into something else entirely with cheap debate tricks I have already mentioned. Don't put words in my mouth. Don't talk shit. Read. Think. Respond.

"Fallout 4 is not a bad port" is a subjective statement that sounds like utter fucking bullshit for the people who are actually experiencing issues that, to some, can be considered game-breaking. We're talking about issues where people with lower end PCs have better performance than people who invest 1,5k into their system every 3 years. So, yeah.. as you so charmingly express: GTFO with that shit. "I have no issues, ergo everything is great and the problem is you" is one of the biggest fallacies people trap themselves in.

Are you working for Sony? Or Microsoft's XBox department?

News Comments > Bombshell in January; Prequel Revealed
11. Re: Bombshell in January; Prequel Revealed Nov 21, 2015, 10:43 El Pit

harlock wrote on Nov 21, 2015, 07:21:
El Pit wrote on Nov 21, 2015, 02:41:
Don't worry. It will be released "when it's done."

or read the first line

3D Realms announces a January 29th release date for Bombshell

or know about 3D Realms history and read this quote

We expect 1998 (our 11th year in the gaming business) to be our best yet, with all kinds of stuff happening with Duke Nukem Forever...

Source

You can always trust their release dates!

News Comments > Bombshell in January; Prequel Revealed
8. Re: Bombshell in January; Prequel Revealed Nov 21, 2015, 02:41 El Pit

Creston wrote on Nov 21, 2015, 01:24:
Oh that thing. It had what was probably considered the worst reveal trailer ever.

Don't worry. It will be released "when it's done." It's 3D Realms so from now on it's a race between this and Star Citizen. See which will be released first.

News Comments > No Arkham Knight Multi-GPU Support
34. Re: No Arkham Knight Multi-GPU Support Nov 21, 2015, 02:33 El Pit

Kajetan wrote on Nov 20, 2015, 18:18:
El Pit wrote on Nov 20, 2015, 11:51:
Oh nooooo... I'm playing Arkham Knight right now, it's working, it's fun, I'm enjoying it... WHAT AM I DOING WRONG? Please help me, Sith Lords of Hatred of Blue's News - MAKE IT STOP! MAKE IT BREAK! MAKE IT NOT BEING FUN TO PLAY! I'm asking all of you who never played the game but hate it to help me! I want to join you. Can I? CAN I?
You dont get it ... if you have fun with trash, then have fun with trash and enjoy yourself as you please. I had fun with bad games in the past, i didnt regret any minute with them.

But i dont walk around and piss at everybody who says: "This is a bad game." It is. Bad. But the overall quality of a game is unrelated to the amount of fun you can have with it.

So it's trash. And it's trash because... Bad game design? Low production values? The bugs they squashed? Or is every game trash that does not have multi-gpu support?

Yeah, I don't get it. Whatever. You play your games, I'll play mine. Just don't make your OPINION sound like it's the law, the only true and objective judgment because it is not. Neither is mine.

The only thing I don't like about Arkham Knight is the Bat Tank. I understand they wanted to include a new game element, but it just feels weird firing the tank's cannon at thugs and non-armored cars.

News Comments > Fallout 4 Patch Plans
34. Re: Fallout 4 Patch Plans Nov 20, 2015, 11:56 El Pit

Angrius Maximis wrote on Nov 20, 2015, 11:10:

harlock wrote on Nov 20, 2015, 07:20:
yeh this is the first beth game Ive waited to play... probly wait at least a year, maybe more

it needs serious help... not just bugs but of course the standard fixes for bonehead decisions and missing content

You're an idiot

And you're a troll. A lame one.

Tell me - are you a Zombie troll (a troll that got banned and is now coming back like herpes does occassionally) or a new troll?

News Comments > No Arkham Knight Multi-GPU Support
27. Re: No Arkham Knight Multi-GPU Support Nov 20, 2015, 11:51 El Pit

Oh nooooo... I'm playing Arkham Knight right now, it's working, it's fun, I'm enjoying it... WHAT AM I DOING WRONG? Please help me, Sith Lords of Hatred of Blue's News - MAKE IT STOP! MAKE IT BREAK! MAKE IT NOT BEING FUN TO PLAY! I'm asking all of you who never played the game but hate it to help me! I want to join you. Can I? CAN I?  

News Comments > Into the Black
25. Re: Into the Black Nov 15, 2015, 08:28 El Pit

Quboid wrote on Nov 14, 2015, 19:07:
Cutter wrote on Nov 14, 2015, 16:18:
Identifying the Muslims - terrorists - in the crowd is easy.

How? I don't think that's possible, never mind easy.

Because in the cutterverse, terrorists have huge red triangles above them and health bars. In our universe, it's close to impossible to spot out the terrorists in a group all up in arms. But in the cutterverse, it's easy.

2204 Comments. 111 pages. Viewing page 25.
< Newer [ 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo