Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for El Pit

Real Name El Pit   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Nov 29, 2000, 06:19
Total Comments 2091 (Senior)
User ID 7953

User comment history
< Newer [ 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ] Older >

News Comments > Op Ed
46. Re: Op Ed Sep 23, 2015, 03:05 El Pit

Sugarman wrote on Sep 23, 2015, 02:45:
Of course it is Ryan, most people are supposed to do what their boss tells them to do, it's the job they were hired for.

So, only the boss of intel can decide how many pipeline stages their next i7 will have? And nobody should question it and tell him that maybe 14 pipeline stages might not be enough? The NASA boss will decide what screws should be used in the next space rocket they build, all shall obey without reasoning?

Ever thought about going to North Korea or China? They need people like you right there!

Name a single event in history where hatred, fear, and greed helped to solve a crisis.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
27. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 21, 2015, 05:12 El Pit

I remember Lucas being interviewed about releasing the theatrical cuts just after the special editions got released. He HONESTLY told the reporter that this would no longer be possible since the original negative had been cut and re-edited for the special editions. Sarcasticclap

That was the first sign of Lucas living in his own world even before the production of Phantom Menace. I wonder if he really believed in the stupid lies that he fed people right then.

On the other hand, I will always be thankful for his contribution to the movie business. Star Wars Original Trilogy, the first three Indiana Jones movies, Willow, and his genius with special effects and how his Industrial Light & Magic enterprise revolutionised Hollywood blockbusters - WOW. In my opinion that outweighs the Prequel Trilogy, Indiana Jones and the Nuking of the Fridge.

Name a single event in history where hatred, fear, and greed helped to solve a crisis.

News Comments > Age of Mythology: Tale of the Dragon Announced
2. Re: Age of Mythology: Tale of the Dragon Announced Sep 20, 2015, 11:10 El Pit

13 years in the making, and finally delivered: Star Ci... *cough* Tale of the Dragon!  

14. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 19, 2015, 07:00 El Pit

I liked Hunger Games, although the parallel to the very good japanese Battle Royale movie is too obvious. Those were of course, R-rated movies, whereas Hunger Games has been watered down to do bigger box office numbers.

Divergent was alright. Nothing great, but definitely not a waste of time (or budget).

Maze Runner? A failure imo. I couldn't relate to the characters, and a lot of that movie felt so convoluted, like the production crew wanted to compress all the ideas they had into the runtime of that movie. It just felt so underdeveloped because of that. And imo it had the worst actors of the named YA franchises. I might watch the sequel if it should become available as part of the Amazon Prime streaming program but will definitely not pay for a ticket.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
11. Re: Morning Consolidation Sep 19, 2015, 06:53 El Pit

harlock wrote on Sep 18, 2015, 23:46:
they might have been a staple, but its always been about the business for them

its not art - its money, pure and simple

just because they were there first, there is automatic respect for the pioneering... but hey, somebody had to do it - beyond the pure luck of "right place, right time" theres not much else

its easy to be the first when no one else is even there at all

If it's so easy, then please go ahead and prove it. Invent something that will make millions. It's easy, you said.

7. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 18, 2015, 13:13 El Pit

Microsoft's Future: MILKOSOFT!

https://youtu.be/1B4agbj1A_c

Rotfl Sarcasticclap Lol_dies

News Comments > Just Cause 3: Air, Land & Sea Expansion Pass Announced
14. Re: Just Cause 3: Air, Land & Sea Expansion Pass Announced Sep 15, 2015, 16:18 El Pit

eRe4s3r wrote on Sep 15, 2015, 16:02:
So basically they say "Wait for complete edition before buying on Steam for 75% off" ?????

That's what I usually do. This way I can buy MORE GAMES!!!

But I have to wait for 2 years or so which means by the time I get it I usually got a new graphics card and somethimes a new cpu and motherboard (I always go for high middle class in this section, like a big i5-k and a gtx970 atm). This way I can usually play the game at high rez with no hickups.

Good (and CHEAP) things come to those who wait!

News Comments > Assassin's Creed Syndicate Jack the Ripper & Season Pass Details
6. Re: Assassin's Creed Syndicate Jack the Ripper & Season Pass Details Sep 15, 2015, 16:11 El Pit

The Half Elf wrote on Sep 15, 2015, 14:29:
I got mad skillz yo!

Thou shalt not laugh before the blue man with the banhammer cometh for you!

Elf shot the food? Nope, but he shot the html code.

2. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 15, 2015, 10:23 El Pit

Arnie is the new host of Celeb Apprentice? WOW!

Arnie: Remember, candidate 1, when I promised to kill you last?
Candidate 1: That's right, Ahnuld! You did!
Arnie: I lied.
[Throws candidate off the roof of the Trump Tower]

News Comments > Steam Top 10
35. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 14, 2015, 08:58 El Pit

Slashman wrote on Sep 14, 2015, 08:47:
I simply don't use Origin.

I'm fine sticking to GOG, GMG and Steam.

I'm likely a minority case though.

Some people want to play Dragon Age: Inquisition, Battlefield, Crysis, Dead Space, or other EA games and therefore have no legal alternative.

I have no beef with Origin, imo it's not worse as a drm system than e.g. Steam. GOG, of course, is in its own league as a non-drm software delivery system.

GMG? Can they even be compared to software delivery systems like Steam, Origin, Battle.net, or GOG's Galaxy?

News Comments > Steam Top 10
31. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 14, 2015, 02:13 El Pit

CJ_Parker wrote on Sep 13, 2015, 19:55:
Some of the legacy DLC sometimes goes on sale like the DAO stuff (of which there is also the Ultimate version still on Steam) but the DLC for all of their newer games never goes on sale or you need to buy it with BioWare points which also never go on sale.

This way, even if the base game goes on sale for $9.99, they still make nice money from people who find out *after* their purchase from within the game (you can not see the available DLC for a game on Origin *before* you buy the game) that there is additional content available. So in many cases they'll make $9.99 plus $xx if people buy the DLC.

Right now, some DLC is on sale on Origin (like DA:I DLCs). They're not only on sale, but I can see them although I don't own DA: Inquisition.

What I hate about EA is that they refuse to sell Ultimate or GOTY editions including all the DLCs. And that is why e.g. I haven't bought DA:I. I'm voting with my wallet in these cases.

News Comments > Sword Coast Legends Headstart Begins
6. Re: Sword Coast Legends Headstart Begins Sep 12, 2015, 03:19 El Pit

I've just watched this video (cap of invisibility! ) and it looks like they got at least another six months or so of work to do before this should be released.

https://youtu.be/IuPHLs5q7JU

This comment was edited on Sep 12, 2015, 03:26.

News Comments > The Witcher III Cost $81M
32. Re: The Witcher III Cost $81M Sep 10, 2015, 12:34 El Pit

This is one of the many games I bought and won't come around to play it because of my immense backlog. I played Witcher 2 for 50 hours or so and got burnt out at the beginning of chapter 3, but Witcher 3 with its open world is obviously a different game, so I might finish it. It's not like I haven't put 100+ hours in games like Fallout 3 and Fallout: New Vegas.

Good to see the people behind a good game to actually make some money. I remember games like Thief that were brilliant but sold like raw albatross.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
2. Re: Morning Consolidation Sep 8, 2015, 09:37 El Pit

nin wrote on Sep 8, 2015, 09:29:
Former Microsoft Exec Says Xbox One Launch Woes Were Preventable, Next Console Likely Digital-Only.

Good Luck With That. R TM

XBzero coming with the full unleashed power of cloud computing! 1080p @ 30 fps could be possible in low res games! Great concept especially in non-flatrate areas and areas with low bitrate networks.

News Comments > Morning Interviews
1. Re: Morning Interviews Sep 8, 2015, 09:33 El Pit

Planet destruction? Death Star in SC confirmed! Unique model coming for $1,000,000,000! Buy now, regret later!  

News Comments > Heroes of the Storm Adding Silence Penalty
3. Re: Heroes of the Storm Adding Silence Penalty Sep 8, 2015, 09:31 El Pit

Silence! I kill you!  

News Comments > Star Citizen August Update; Audio Video
10. Re: Star Citizen August Update; Audio Video Sep 5, 2015, 13:21 El Pit

crumbs wrote on Sep 5, 2015, 13:13:
Oh yes the delicious tears of all the crybabies on here. Aww so hurt by a video game. So much pain you are feeling by the "scam" and "delays" . . . rofl I love it.

Blues news is the daycare for Star Citizen crybabies. Go back to mama and explain all your Star Citizen "problems". I'm sure she'll listen to you! Hahaha.

Two troll postings in and you're already repeating yourself? Limited... Buy Trolling 2.0, another great pay-2-win add-on to the social module, for just $499! Brought to you (yes, especially to YOU) by CIG! Release date: unknown.

Alternative: A rhino waiting for you (ref. to my last posting). We could actually paint the face of Mr. Roberts on it - would you like that?

5. Re: Star Citizen August Update: No Game Delivered Yet Sep 5, 2015, 12:36 El Pit

crumbs wrote on Sep 5, 2015, 12:18:
Waaa waaaa waaa!

Hahahaha. Always makes my day seeing all the boys on blues news whine and cry over this game.

Waaaaa! Not going to be released until 2017 waaaa! It's a scam waaaa!

While secretly I'm sure most of the boys here would gladly pay 40 bucks to be part of it... but don't make enough much money living in mama's basement.

Rofl

Hello troll of the 90s! Welcome to new millennium! Trolling has changed a lot since the people in your, ehm, mental health institute gave you access to a computer after being offline for about 20 years. A lot is news to you, but with some help you will find your way around. But please tell the doc to change your medication, because writing "secretly [...] most of the boys here would gladly pay 40 bucks to part of it" (I think by "it" you mean being taken from behind by a rhino - which is also more fun than paying 40 $ for nothing but promises - you see, the rhino WILL deliver unlike YOU KNOW WHO) indicates a still weak relationship with common sense and the modern world, but I am sure a better medication will help. So, don't give up and have nice day over at CIG forum.

1. Re: Star Citizen August Update; Audio Video Sep 5, 2015, 11:46 El Pit

Yeah, what a month! By the way, what year will one of the many games CIG is working on be released? Like that egoshooter Star Marine, that social stuff game, that multiplayer space battleship simulator, or THAT WING COMMANDER follow-up? Hello? CIG? Mr. Roberts? Anybody?
Devilish Popcorn

News Comments > Evening Interviews
14. Re: Evening Interviews Sep 4, 2015, 01:09 El Pit

To put it with the great Frank Zappa: The Torture Never Stops. Neither will the development of this game. One game to rule them all? Yeah, sure.  

2091 Comments. 105 pages. Viewing page 24.
< Newer [ 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo