Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for El Pit

Real Name El Pit   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Nov 29, 2000, 06:19
Total Comments 2049 (Senior)
User ID 7953

User comment history
< Newer [ 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ] Older >

News Comments > Mad Max Game Released; Movies on Steam
40. Re: Mad Max Game Released; Movies on Steam Sep 1, 2015, 15:21 El Pit

jacobvandy wrote on Sep 1, 2015, 15:06:
Right? There's no way a controller-based game should ever be a top seller on PC... Oh, wait.

Get over your irrational bias, you're missing out on a lot of fun games.

Yeah, exactly. Because nobody has ever succeeded in translating the console controls to kb/m, right? So let's just plug in the console controllers because a good conversion to pc is no longer needed or wanted.

By the way: Bat's bias (and mine, too) is a little physical disability to use the console controllers efficiently. In Bat's case it's just temporary, I hope.

Name a single event in history where hatred, fear, and greed helped to solve a crisis.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Mad Max Game Released; Movies on Steam
24. Mad Max released, Star Citizen not even remotely close to release Sep 1, 2015, 13:58 El Pit

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Sep 1, 2015, 13:33:
Kxmode wrote on Sep 1, 2015, 12:35:
I really enjoy this game!
It figures that you'd like a casual game like this whilst zealously bashing Star Citizen, a game with depth.

You're comparing a complete game to two extremely limited "modules" out of a bag of big promises? I guess you know that you're making yourself look ridiculous right now. Like "pants on the head" ridiculous.

Name a single event in history where hatred, fear, and greed helped to solve a crisis.

News Comments > Star Citizen Social Module Released
126. Re: Star Citizen Social Module Released Sep 1, 2015, 04:50 El Pit

InBlack wrote on Sep 1, 2015, 04:16:
Wake me up when they release Squadron42 or anything that actually resembles an actual game. Until then, bye.

By this you're saying you're leaving for good. Say it isn't so!

125. Re: Star Citizen Second Life Module Released Sep 1, 2015, 04:49 El Pit

If you build it, they will come.

If you promise them that you will build everything they want, they will pay.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
5. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Sep 1, 2015, 00:37 El Pit

A gps signal and an implanted camera in every head of a US citizen would have helped even more! If you refuse to get the implants, you're obviously a criminal, otherwise you wouldn't be worried. Right?  

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
8. Re: Evening Mobilization Sep 1, 2015, 00:35 El Pit

loomy wrote on Aug 31, 2015, 23:38:
The unlawful part is advertising unlimited and it not being unlimited. Not the booting or capping. They're allowed to boot and cap people. They just can't call it unlimited and boot and cap people for passing the limit. That's unlawful in any country where the good people have the power.

And where is this country?! I'm confused.

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
7. Re: Evening Elimination Sep 1, 2015, 00:33 El Pit

Retired wrote on Aug 31, 2015, 19:50:
T-Mobile promises to “eliminate” customers who abuse unlimited data.

Sounds unlawful....

T-Mobile is a German company. In the 80s, a young girl named Sarah Connor "abused" unlimited data. T-Mobile sent Arnold Schwarzenegger back in time to eliminate her and terminate the abused contract. You know the rest of the story, right?

News Comments > MGS5: The Phantom Pain Disc Requires Game Download?
16. Re: MGS5: The Phantom Pain Disc Requires Game Download? Sep 1, 2015, 00:28 El Pit

I KNEW IT! Good things never die! Get the game on 5 floppy discs! The return of delivering games on floppy discs is now official! YES! People who love vinyl also love floppy discs!

RE: No game on disc
Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Game

New title has been confirmed.

3. Re: Star Citizen Social Module Released Aug 30, 2015, 13:58 El Pit

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Aug 30, 2015, 13:51:
Popcorn

We're gonna need LOTS of it! LOTS, I TELLYA!

Maybe the SC church believers are now limiting themselves to the social module where they will pray with their virtual avatars to their tv evangelist, ehm, kickstarter overlord messiah? Can we be so lucky?

1. Re: Star Citizen Social Module Released Aug 30, 2015, 13:50 El Pit

Oh, great... Social Module? Where is Squadron 42? Will it be released before or after Half-Life 3 and the pc conversion of Red Dead Redemption? Will there ever be an episode 2 of Squadron 42? Will every episode after the first one be free to your early supporters (you know, those who jumped on the Wing Commander like game bandwagon)?

The Second Life module is NOT what most people gave you money for.

And now the Christ Roberts church followers can have their field day with my opinion - I don't care.

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 Heart of Thorns in October
29. Re: Guild Wars 2 Heart of Thorns in October Aug 30, 2015, 13:44 El Pit

I can only speak for myself, but I bought the core game for about 38 Euros, which have been about $45 - 50 back in the day. I bought it early and joined the beta. And now they want me to... Ah, forget it. I won't buy the expansion and will wait for its price to drop significantly. This way Arenet loses some money and that's the signal I want to give to them as an early supporter: if you slap your early supporters in the face, don't expect them to throw more money at you.  

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
5. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Aug 30, 2015, 13:15 El Pit

mag wrote on Aug 30, 2015, 09:25:
SJW means "someone that cares about social issues I don't care about."

Sometimes it means this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFBOQzSk14c

And Monty Python's uncovered the nonsense of SJWs decades ago...

27. Re: Guild Wars 2 Heart of Thorns in October Aug 30, 2015, 13:00 El Pit

What is your point comparing bundled old games/expansions (each of those did not include all the other expansions or the base game when they were sold separately!) to a single new expansion including the base game (for free)? I don't get it, sorry.

This comment was edited on Aug 30, 2015, 13:06.

25. Re: Guild Wars 2 Heart of Thorns in October Aug 30, 2015, 11:51 El Pit

loomy wrote on Aug 30, 2015, 11:42:
I never thought I'd see people complain about needing to buy a game.

I never thought you'd be able to see the complete picture.

Seems I'm right.

20. Re: Guild Wars 2 Heart of Thorns in October Aug 30, 2015, 03:32 El Pit

It's great that GW2 is now free to play and those who bought the base game will get the expansion for 50% off and those who bought the base game before the beta of the base game startet will even get 66% off. What, the early supporters don't get that? Well, then they will get 50%/66% of the price back they paid for the game to support it? What, they don't? Well, then GW2 and the people behind it get something from me: my middle finger. For free.

I will buy the expansion at G2A or somewhere else once it hits $10 or less because that's the price early adopters should have paid for it. Great way to piss off your supporters, GW2 team!

News Comments > XCOM 2 Delayed
19. Re: XCOM 2 Delayed Aug 29, 2015, 12:13 El Pit

Squirmer wrote on Aug 29, 2015, 12:06:
Funny how people are fine with delays like this, but not when a game is crowdfunded. Not talking about Star Citizen, which there's reason to be skeptical of, but other crowdfunded games. It's like there's an extra sense of entitlement when you've helped to fund something. Worth remembering that most games get delayed at some stage in their development.

With the exception of the usual suspects, a lot of people here were fine with delayed kickstarter projects to add some more polish and to debug the games. It's just that the nay-sayers are usually the loudest guys using the most colorful language here, so they stick out like a sore thumb.

I think it's alright to take a bit more time to get rid of some newly found big bugs or to add a bit more polish where needed. Of course, it's not alright to delay for years and it's ESPECIALLY not alright to delay for years to add more features and lure more backers and their sweet, sweet money. I guess you know what neverending story (project) I'm talking about.

News Comments > XCOM 2 Delayed
17. Re: XCOM 2 Delayed Aug 29, 2015, 11:50 El Pit

To those who want to play some more X-Com/UFO game before the release of X-COM2 I recommend Xenonauts. You can find it on GOG and Steam. It's a bit more hardcore than X-COM, though, and about as difficult as the original games.  

News Comments > Age Of Empires: Castle Siege Released
3. Re: Age Of Empires: Castle Siege Released Aug 28, 2015, 10:15 El Pit

Darks wrote on Aug 28, 2015, 09:35:
Sorry M$, this will not get me to use Win 10 not matter what games you exclusive to it.

In the past:
Sorry M$, this will not get me to use Win 95 not matter what games you exclusive to it.
Sorry M$, this will not get me to use Win 98 not matter what games you exclusive to it.
Sorry M$, this will not get me to use Win ME not matter what games you exclusive to it.
Sorry M$, this will not get me to use Win Vista not matter what games you exclusive to it.
Sorry M$, this will not get me to use Win 7 not matter what games you exclusive to it.
Sorry M$, this will not get me to use Win 8 not matter what games you exclusive to it.
Sorry M$, this will not get me to use Win 8.1 not matter what games you exclusive to it.

In the end: Damn, I want that game and my new graphics card is DirectX (insert number her) compatible, so I'll upgrade.

I call it the Windows upgrade drama, because with each new Windows version, the drama repeats itself and the drama queens are almost always the same.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
5. Re: Evening Metaverse Aug 28, 2015, 05:15 El Pit

InBlack wrote on Aug 28, 2015, 02:07:
Julio wrote on Aug 27, 2015, 18:48:
Amazon would need to put more effort into this than they have other series. But it could be great.

No it wouldnt. The only reason people are talking about this because there is this huge VOID where Star Trek used to be. WHy not bring back Star Trek? They got the fucking cash for it....

But Amazon doesn't have the rights and those won't be sold to them.

News Comments > Into the Black
4. Re: Into the Black Aug 28, 2015, 01:33 El Pit

TangledThorns wrote on Aug 27, 2015, 22:19:
Its August and I think the official spoilers are too much already.

Really? I think that JJ and LucasFilm are really hush hush about the plot and characters. JJ also has already given some false info to the public to mislead them, too. Compared to all those production videos from the set that George Lucas released to the public during the production of the prequels I think we have VERY few reliable information yet and lots of speculation and some intentionally released red herrings.

All that I can say is that I like what I see, and we haven't seen much yet. Unlike for the Marvel movies we got few teasers and only one trailer yet.

2049 Comments. 103 pages. Viewing page 23.
< Newer [ 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo