Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
San Diego, CA 08/21

Regularly scheduled events

User information for El Pit

Real Name El Pit   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Nov 29, 2000, 06:19
Total Comments 2008 (Senior)
User ID 7953

User comment history
< Newer [ 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ] Older >

News Comments > Divinity: Original Sin II Announced
22. Re: Divinity: Original Sin II Announced Aug 12, 2015, 12:38 El Pit

D: OS is the best kickstarter project I've backed yet. Easily beats Wasteland 2 and Shadowrun in my book. I hope the later acts of D: OS 2 will be as good as the first chapter, because that was one of the few flaws of the first game - the story and maps got a bit boring later on in the game. Everything else (especially the turn-based combat) should be exactly as in the first game - I had a blast, and a lot of the fights were pretty hard. I'm definitely in - where do I send my money? TAKE IT!!!  
Name a single event in history where hatred, fear, and greed helped to solve a crisis.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Star Citizen Multi-Crew Shown
58. Re: Star Citizen Multi-Crew Shown Aug 8, 2015, 14:01 El Pit

Fugazi wrote on Aug 8, 2015, 13:13:
I am still very glad I backed this project. From my perspective, throwing money at a vision is a better use of my funds than buying another iteration of Assassin's Creed and COD.

I doubt that AC- or CoD-fans backed this, but Wing Comannder fans did. So how about sticking to the vision of making a great sequel to Wing Commander/Starlancer?

I have also enjoyed the community videos etc. and already feel I have received significant value for my pledge to date.

REALLY?! I gave CIG money for a game, not to make videos about making a game. I know and respect this as a bonus for fans, but it in no way makes me feel like have received ANY value for my pledge FOR A GAME.

The game is shaping up as I had hoped when I signed up back in 2012.

Ah, yes. This is of course alright. I don't think that game is in any way shaping up to be a complete game at all, but I can respect your opinion. At least you want the game, too, and not just some propaganda videos.

I don't understand the general gaming rage and vitriol that plagues the internet as I think that such passion and energy could be channeled into more productive avenues than at a form of entertainment. 1st world problems etc.

We all like passion and energy, but once people give somebody money, they also want to see a plan behind the vision. A feasible plan with milestones, with production targets, realistic deadlines, and a release date about that the president of the project doesn't say "Well, everybody knew we wouldn't make it by that time". That's not a first world problem, it's a first world approach to project management. And the scope of this vision is so unreal, that an increasing number of people doubt the feasibility of a project based on this vision without either losing the donated money on the way because the producers go bankrupt and not getting anything or getting something that is just an excuse and not even close to the original idea (Starlancer, Wing Commander), i.e. just to present something to not be sued to hell and back. People are waking up from the dream because it's a too long night (i.e. production time), rubbing their eyes and realising that the dream was great, but just a dream. A vision, not real and too good to become real. And then they get angry because they feel that their money is lost. Of course, it's partially their fault because they fell for an overblown vision, but they will get angry anyway like everybody who loses money on projects, the stock market, a bad buy, and so on. And that you're writing that you can't understand this makes me scratch my head, because I can't understand why you can't understand.

In the end, Star Citizen has become much more than a game, because it IS a vision, and either people believe in it or don't. Or they believe in it and then doubt it once the first promised miracles don't happen. And like any discussion about beliefs and religions, both sides can't understand each other, because reason is (IMO too often) trumped by belief, and then a discussion is leading nowhere.

So, good luck to the believers (REALLY! I MEAN IT!), maybe and HOPEFULLY you're right. But I'm afraid the so called haters will be right and lots of money and belief and hope will be lost. I hope I'm wrong, but I doubt it.

This comment was edited on Aug 8, 2015, 14:07.

Name a single event in history where hatred, fear, and greed helped to solve a crisis.

52. Re: Star Citizen Multi-Crew Shown Aug 8, 2015, 11:17 El Pit

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Aug 8, 2015, 10:22:
All of this is for Squadron 42. These are the sorts of missions that we can expect to see in the singleplayer. And yes, that includes FPS which was promised before the Kickstarter finished. You seem to think that this is just being done for a laugh. The multi-crew is needed for the co-op portion of Squadron 42.

The Persistent Universe is an expanded version of the universe created in Squadron 42. They share many of the same assets and mechanics.

That's partially what I wanted. Make SQ42 WITHOUT FPS, multiplayer, and so on, just a real Wing Commander sequel, then take the assets built and the money coming in and work on the next step. Step by step instead of one giant leap into the unknown. Do you understand? Instead of planning to work on a spaceship to fly to another galaxy, first work on one putting a satellite in orbit, then a dog, a man, then try to go to the moon, then to Mars... Step by step. CIG is instead working on that one trip to another galaxy without knowing if they could even successfully launch a satellite into orbit. Bravery? Yes, but also blind faith and very bad management.

46. CIG releases a new Flagship Aug 8, 2015, 09:51 El Pit

How about taking the kickstarter money and work on Squadron 42 ONLY. Then relase this (just a Wing Commander clone - no FPS, multiplayer or stuff), and with the money that they can make if Squadron 42 is great and successful, produce the MMO with FPS and stuff. How about that? Finish SQ42, release it to prove what you really can pull off and by this, win over new investors. No hangar, no dogfight module, a complete single player SQ42. And then move on to MMO, IF SQ42 can win over the gamers.

Right now, it's a Flagship situation: release a single player game telling everybody it's actually an MMO with bells and whistles. People don't want to be Flagshipped again. At least they shouldn't want to be.

News Comments > Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic Expansion
3. Re: Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic Expansion Aug 5, 2015, 12:10 El Pit

Cruel Blue. This is a very cruel move by you.

I was like "Better late than never - KotOR Expansion! YAY!" only to find out it's not a KotOR, but an TOR expansion.

DAMMIT!!!

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
3. Re: Morning Consolidation Aug 4, 2015, 13:32 El Pit

jdreyer wrote on Aug 4, 2015, 13:28:
CJ_Parker wrote on Aug 4, 2015, 12:10:
Xbone Elite - Now with even MOAR FAIL

I was going to say "Now, with cooling fan!"

You're all wrong. Can't you read? It says ELITE.

X-Box One - Now with keyboard and mouse instead of a console controller!

News Comments > Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 4 Delayed
4. Re: Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 4 Delayed Aug 4, 2015, 13:21 El Pit

J wrote on Aug 4, 2015, 13:14:
So it's going to take longer to Shippuden

Dammit! Beat me to it!

News Comments > Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 4 Delayed
3. Re: Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 4 Delayed Aug 4, 2015, 13:20 El Pit

Naru to shippuden later this year? Original shippuden date impossible, said developer.  

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
21. Always enjoyed DRM... Aug 4, 2015, 08:56 El Pit

Gamers: It's safe to upgrade to Windows 10... unless you want to play some older game with DRM.

Macrovision SafeDisc Ver. 2 is not your friend!

News Comments > On Sale
4. Re: On Sale Aug 1, 2015, 07:49 El Pit

Cutter wrote on Jul 31, 2015, 22:46:
MORTAL WOMBAT!!!

Now THIS is a game I'd totally play.

Kickstart it now, Cutter! I'm in!

9. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jul 31, 2015, 12:14 El Pit

InBlack wrote on Jul 31, 2015, 05:40:
El Pit wrote on Jul 31, 2015, 04:50:
InBlack wrote on Jul 31, 2015, 02:33:
As would any western government with that capability.

Uhuh. So all praise Russia, China, India, and so on for not doing so. Evil western governments must FALL! I TELL YA!

Uhh snark! Who said they wouldnt? Im just pointing out that the so called 'free world' is not any different in this regard.

Right, by just pointing the finger at western goverments you of course meant NOT only the western governemnts, but also all other by NOT pointing that out. Oh, stupid me!

EVERY government will try to spy on their own people (and the people of other countries) to assure that it can stay in power and get even more power. See - it's really easy to put it in words. FTFY.

7. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jul 31, 2015, 04:50 El Pit

InBlack wrote on Jul 31, 2015, 02:33:
As would any western government with that capability.

Uhuh. So all praise Russia, China, India, and so on for not doing so. Evil western governments must FALL! I TELL YA!

News Comments > On Star Citizen "Feature Creep" and More
1. Re: On Shooter Citizen Jul 21, 2015, 09:47 El Pit

To be the first one who writes something true and credible in this thread, maybe even being the only one: FIRST. And yes, I know this is not 1996. SCNR - won't do it again. PROMISE!  

News Comments > Star Citizen FPS May Come Next Month
140. Re: Shooter Citizen May Come Next Month Jul 21, 2015, 09:42 El Pit

Man, I hope this thread gets archived by some guys here as it is (some people might go and change their postings in a year or two ). I'd love to see people get asked about their opinions in late 2016 or 2017. Will they accept that they've been wrong? Depending on the outcome, will they buy more virtual shares in a successful Shooter Citizen or will the other side say that it was the nay-sayers that brought the CIG system to a collapse? Only time will tell, but it would be amazing to see an unchanged version of that thread being re-posted on Blue's when either the game gets released and is considered a success by non-fanboys or declares bankruptcy. My guess: the losing side will not give in but will seek scapegoats which will surprisingly be the winning side.  

45. Re: Star Citizen FPS May Come Next Month Jul 20, 2015, 13:31 El Pit

Zor wrote on Jul 20, 2015, 13:17:
NegaDeath wrote on Jul 20, 2015, 13:10:
Zor wrote on Jul 20, 2015, 13:04:
You're funny. You already answered your own question. I put it in bold and underlined it for you.

the FP in FPS stands for First Person, in case you forgot.

You understand that camera perspective and game genre are different things?
You do understand that FPS, as referenced in the context of Star Citizen, is a "mechanic" and not it's genre, right?

Star Citizen is being developed as what amounts to a whole new genre: a First Person Experience

Zor, FPS is the abbreviation for First Person Shooter, not First Perspn 'Spective. Do YOU understand that?

22. Re: Star Citizen FPS May Come Next Month Jul 20, 2015, 11:43 El Pit

harlock wrote on Jul 20, 2015, 10:03:
i thought this was a space sim

Oh, c'mon. When they said "This will be the next Freelancer/Starlancer" during the kickstarter campaign, you didn't immediately say "Maaan, I can't wait to shoot some aliens with my laser gun"?! Don't you remember how great that part of Starlancer and Freelancer was? It's good to see that they are concentrating on the core gameplay over at CIG, though. They really know what people want and obviously care a lot about it.

News Comments > Origin Accounts Becoming EA Accounts
47. Re: Origin Accounts Becoming EA Accounts Jul 20, 2015, 11:34 El Pit

Slick wrote on Jul 20, 2015, 08:42:
you're kidding right? you know how much 10 GB of data to upload costs on a commercial scale? tenths of a cent. you think that this cost is higher than going from 33% profit, to 3% profit? you think that steam's storefront is worth 90 percent of your profits?

something tells me you weren't good at math in school

Exactly. Because that Origin platform programmed and updates itself, just like Steam... No guys working on it, no expenses, nothing.

Lame counter, Slick. Lame. KilrathiAce shot you down. You've been slicked, Slick. Wash up.

News Comments > Saturday Mobilization
6. Re: Saturday Mobilization Jul 19, 2015, 11:47 El Pit

SlimRam wrote on Jul 18, 2015, 15:58:
If you can stream a game from Xbone to the PC i'm guessing that you still have to use the controller for the Xbone to play the game then, right? No mouse and keyboard?

VERY GOOD QUESTION! If Microsoft would make games playble with kb/m via streaming, even I (a notorious console hater) might become interested in buying an xbone. So, Microsoft, what's it gonna be? KB/M support?

News Comments > Op Ed
53. Re: Op Ed Jul 18, 2015, 16:21 El Pit

Julio wrote on Jul 18, 2015, 13:43:
CJ_Parker wrote on Jul 18, 2015, 13:29:
a model where non-backers(!) would be able to download the first episode of Squadron 42 as a free-to-play game

Non-backers will probably get to play this as much as backers. Either it will collapse before release, or die after the first episode. Entertaining either way.

3 hours for $35? Call of Star Citizen?

News Comments > Op Ed
52. Re: Op Ed Jul 18, 2015, 16:20 El Pit

dubfanatic wrote on Jul 18, 2015, 15:06:
Trump/Smart 2016

I think one of them would only accept Smart/Trump 2016. Or is it SmarTrump?

2008 Comments. 101 pages. Viewing page 23.
< Newer [ 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo