Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

User information for El Pit

Real Name El Pit   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Nov 29, 2000, 06:19
Total Comments 2666 (Senior)
User ID 7953

User comment history
< Newer [ 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ] Older >

News Comments > Mass Effect 2 Free on Origin
22. Re: ME newbie. Jan 6, 2017, 04:13 El Pit

Slick wrote on Jan 6, 2017, 03:59:

It's true, 1 in 10 people in here are so edgy they're entirely made out of edge.

If they have n edges - does that not make them round?

They're waiting for you, Gabe, in the test chamber!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > GeForce Now Streaming Announced
36. Re: GeForce Now Streaming Announced Jan 5, 2017, 14:22 El Pit

One day, when 1 Gbps will be available pretty much everywhere, this might be the end of high end pcs and components. And it will also be the end of consoles, too. One platform for everybody (more or less), games will be streamed like videos now directly to your displays. This might happen within a decade.  

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
9. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jan 3, 2017, 04:08 El Pit

Agent-Zero wrote on Jan 2, 2017, 16:53:
Thing is, it all boils down to money here - and the net result is basically just a higher bill, more fees or something of that nature. So then you have some people that are just going to complain about having to pay more, but ultimately roll over and take it because its not a big deal.

Its a little step, they push you until you freak out, wait for you to forget about it, then push a little more, and over, and over, and over. Eventually you are way, way far back from anything resembling "fairness" - but its already a done deal because your baseline itself has been moved along the way as you keep rolling over and taking it, then forgetting about it, etc.

Its not difficult. Its not "genius" level manipulation, its very simple in fact. People who dominate the game know how to play the game, its just as simple as that. This is not a new methodology. Its fucking textbook.

Only the people who can barely pay their bills to begin with are going to really do something, which will just be a further push into more outlaw type scenarios, because the only choice they have is either break the rules or go without.

That wont last forever, and also it wont be pretty when the shit really hits the fan. Its the exact same thing with automation and robots filling all the dumb labor jobs, only much worse because then you are talking about a persons total income itself.

Call me crazy as much as you want, thats only expected - but theres no need to front, because I can smell your fear. The assholes that already own everything arent going away without a fight. The storm is brewing, regardless of whether you want to accept it or not - and this is by no means meant to imply some kind of impending successful revolution or anything like that. Trust me, I understand why you wouldnt want to face a fact like this. Its just like Pinhead said: "Welcome to the worst nightmare of all: REALITY."

Where can I sign this? You only forgot to mention that after the storm things will get worse before they get better. And after that, the cycle will start again because we homo sapiens do not learn from our own history.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
9. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jan 3, 2017, 03:59 El Pit

jdreyer wrote on Jan 2, 2017, 19:36:
El Pit wrote on Jan 2, 2017, 13:07:
Bill Borre wrote on Jan 2, 2017, 12:39:
I'm not sure I understand the librarian's justification for the fraudulent behavior. He says they didn't want to have to buy the books back in the future, but if no one checks it out in 1-2 years, wouldn't that probability be low?

1. Most librarians are like collectors: they want to keep the books they have.
2. The librarian might say that the probability that the book would be rented in three years is zero if the book is no longer available in this library. Once it is no longer available, the book might be forgotten/gone forever - and this usually breaks the hearts of librarians and bibliophiles.

There's a simple solution to this. Allow the borrowing of electronic books. Then they don't take up space.

It is not the same. Having a book in your hand is different to swiping pages on your tablet. I prefer the Kindle service, but I understand people who say it is just not the same - they are right. It is the same with MP3/FLAC/AAC/whatever compared to vinyl. Huge covers with great pictures and drawings/paintings do not translate well to small JPGs in media players. The same with the big booklets that many records included with great pieces of art. Nevertheless, I do prefer my MP3/FLAC to vinyl because I listen to a lot of music on the road.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
3. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jan 2, 2017, 14:36 El Pit

"Net neutrality? Neutrality is for pussies, and I'm a pussy grabber! Net neutrality is against profit, so it has to go. Dear Americans: more profit equals more jobs. This is a lie, uh, a fact that I constantly repeat to make you reconsider net neutrality, tree hugging, racial equality, and any governmental control or supervision of banking houses, big companies, and global investment management corporations. We, the billionaires, need nobody to hold our hands! We don't need no nanny state! All we need is more PROFIT, because the richer we get, the more jobs China... uh... YOU will get!"  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
2. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jan 2, 2017, 13:07 El Pit

Bill Borre wrote on Jan 2, 2017, 12:39:
I'm not sure I understand the librarian's justification for the fraudulent behavior. He says they didn't want to have to buy the books back in the future, but if no one checks it out in 1-2 years, wouldn't that probability be low?

1. Most librarians are like collectors: they want to keep the books they have.
2. The librarian might say that the probability that the book would be rented in three years is zero if the book is no longer available in this library. Once it is no longer available, the book might be forgotten/gone forever - and this usually breaks the hearts of librarians and bibliophiles.

News Comments > Op Ed
37. Re: Morning Mobilization Jan 2, 2017, 10:47 El Pit

Quboid wrote on Jan 1, 2017, 17:11:
El Pit, you must have noticed that a few of these people think non-white and/or non-male representation in video games doesn't matter, while clearly thinking it's very important that it doesn't matter. If you haven't, meet Cutter.

There are idiots and murderers in EVERY race, EVERY nation, EVERY religion, BOTH sexes, and so on. The percentage of idiots and killers in each group usually changes over time because of cultural, religious, economical and/or ecological challenges the groups face at that time, but over the centuries and millennia they reach about the same level. That does not help you, of course, if you happen to live in a time where one group is extremely aggressive. Then you have to handle the situation, and if you think that it would be politically incorrect to especially look for e.g. Asian people after you heard that somebody with obviously Asian roots has robbed a shop near you, then you must have totally misunderstood political correctness.

It is difficult and there are no easy solutions no matter what The Donald tells you.

News Comments > Op Ed
26. Re: Morning Mobilization Jan 1, 2017, 11:46 El Pit

Cpmartins wrote on Jan 1, 2017, 11:41:
Scottish Martial Arts wrote on Dec 31, 2016, 23:11:
butthurt middle aged men of bluesnews are gonna butthurt
You forgot "white". Can't skip that one.

Because people with non-european roots respect women's rights better, right?

News Comments > Out of the Blue
19. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 31, 2016, 13:11 El Pit

The day we exchange the old sheet almanac for a new one. Never understood what makes this day so special for people. It is not a life changing date like birthdays, weddingdays, paydays... Oops.

Whatever. Merry new... Happy X-m... Happy new year! Yeah, that's it.

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
2. Re: Evening Safety Dance Dec 31, 2016, 09:39 El Pit

Cutter wrote on Dec 31, 2016, 02:26:
DNC...just not getting it. Guess they just know better than everyone else. Rolleyes

If they don't clear out the corrupt deadwood at the top and veer left - meaning getting Bernie like candidates on the ticket - I suspect we'll see a splintering of the party much like the Tea Party. And at this point it may be what's really needed.

The US itself is splintered. And so are BOTH parties - extremists rejoice, it is your time!

News Comments > Gearbox Deathwatch?
38. Re: Gearbox Deathwatch? Dec 31, 2016, 02:03 El Pit

But MOBA is THE THING right now - instant win, profit, $$$? Follow the lemmings and see what happens in the end...  

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
2. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Dec 31, 2016, 01:59 El Pit

Mann is dangerous, because his "hockey stick" temperature graph proves that the global climate change is real. But this could make drilling for oil wherever it is found (screw you, tree huggers!) and the unlimited and thoughtless use of fossile energy difficult to explain, so let us quickly compare his work as "molesting data" and compare it to molesting children! WIN!!! Drilling for oil everywhere makes America great again, we do not need tree huggers with theories based on real facts! Screw the facts, we FEEL what is right, true, real, and American! HOORAH!

The Trump effect... Sarcasticclap

This comment was edited on Dec 31, 2016, 02:06.

News Comments > POSTAL Goes Open Source
1. Re: POSTAL Goes Open Source Dec 29, 2016, 07:32 El Pit

Next: Valve declares...
SOURCE goes openly Postal!

News Comments > Vaporware Awards
53. Re: Vaporware Awards Dec 28, 2016, 10:01 El Pit

BillboBaggins wrote on Dec 28, 2016, 07:57:
Its ok to be wrong people... I am enjoying the limited tech demo of a small portion of the game as is, you're not. Good luck eating that crow.

FTFY

45. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 28, 2016, 05:22 El Pit

How does Big Pharma work? Hint: every customer who is actually HEALED from his sickness by medical treatment is a LOST customer. So... Keep 'em paying. Keep 'em addicted. Keep 'em sick, but make them feel better.  

49. Re: Vaporware Awards Dec 28, 2016, 05:21 El Pit

SC is not offering an alpha of the game. It is a tech demo of a small part ("module") of the game, nothing more.  

22. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 27, 2016, 14:01 El Pit

Quboid wrote on Dec 27, 2016, 13:03:
Carrie Fisher has died aged 60. RIP

Damn! The Grim Reaper has been a real bitch in 2016! Thanks, Carrie, for everything from Star Wars to Blues Brothers to hilarious interviews. Party with John Belushi and turn paradise into one huge party zone, girl!

2016 is GODAWFUL. Not only because of so many people I liked dying but also because of so much trouble I have seen this year. I would love to go on a mission to Mars for the next 2.5 years or so just to take some time off (from Earth).

2. Re: Vaporware Awards Dec 27, 2016, 11:36 El Pit

There's a storm coming! A shit storm! I feel it! The CR sectarians will be all over this thread and WIRED with foam at their mouth and screaming "BLASPHEMY!" until all ears are bleeding.

I got to do something...

I... uh...

I gotta go and grab some popcorn.

News Comments > Christmas Tech Bits
10. Re: Christmas Tech Bits Dec 26, 2016, 11:28 El Pit

jdreyer wrote on Dec 25, 2016, 18:13:
French woman wants to marry robot.

I guess she prefers things that are hard.

...and need batteries.

23. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 25, 2016, 09:03 El Pit

Rigs wrote on Dec 25, 2016, 03:37:
but think about it, has there been, in the last 20 years, a sequel to a triple-A movie or franchise that blew your mind and was head and shoulders above the original?

I don't expect a sequel to be better than the first movie, but deliver about the same quality. In the last 20 years The Dark Knight comes to mind which was as good if not even better than Batman Begins. Or Spider-Man 2 (the Raimi movies!) which was also as good or even better than Spider-Man 1.

2666 Comments. 134 pages. Viewing page 22.
< Newer [ 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo