Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for El Pit

Real Name El Pit   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Nov 29, 2000, 06:19
Total Comments 3440 (Veteran)
User ID 7953

User comment history
< Newer [ 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ] Older >

News Comments > Steam Top 10
2. Re: Steam Top 10 Apr 1, 2018, 12:31 El Pit

Soooo... I guess FC5 is selling pretty well?  
They're waiting for you, Gabe, in the test chamber!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
3. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 1, 2018, 12:28 El Pit

Happy easter, dear Blue and family and dear Blue's News veterans!  

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
10. Re: Saturday Metaverse Apr 1, 2018, 03:39 El Pit

Let me guess: Bezos did not pay anything/enough to support Trump's campaign? Or Trump (or some of his supporters) did invest in a competitor of Amazon?

On the other hand: it would be amazing if not only Amazon, but also other big companies like Apple, Microsoft, Google, et al. would pay fair taxes - as all US citizens should do. This way a general health insurance and general pension insurance could easily be financed which would be a nice step forward from the 1800s pioneer (take whatever you can - screw the other people) idea to the 1900s (together we are stronger and better).

News Comments > Saturday Patches
2. Re: Saturday Patches Apr 1, 2018, 03:28 El Pit

jdreyer wrote on Mar 31, 2018, 18:53:
Sooo...
Does this Star Citizen update run faster than 5 frames per second? Dare I download 50 GB to find out?

No, please wait for the beta (featuring raytracing, VR, RTS mode, city/planet building - ETA: 2030).

News Comments > AirMech Strike Strikes
3. Re: AirMech Strike Strikes Mar 31, 2018, 11:08 El Pit

AirMac - Sponsored by McD and Nike!  

News Comments > Uwe Boll's Rampage
13. Re: Uwe Boll's Rampage Mar 31, 2018, 08:30 El Pit

Muscular Beaver wrote on Mar 31, 2018, 06:13:
Or we could give him the Star Trek and Star Wars franchises and we would actually have a chance that he would improve them.

I think the last Star Trek movie was really good and back to quality of Old Trek.

Star Wars on the other hand - I liked Rogue One quite a bit. But the new sequel trilogy is a disaster - great cast, amazing production quality, but the screenplays and character arcs are just horrible. It is true that they had and still have no concept where to go with the story and make it up on the way. And I absolutely hate that the one thing they seem to be sure of is to kill off all classic characters (and even turn them into ridiculous Mary Poppins and Catweazle copies). Not interested in a Young Solo movie so I am going to pass this A Star Wars Story movie, too. I hope they can fix the now broken Star Wars universe with new movies. Solo and Episode IX are a pass for me - a very old Star Wars fan.

News Comments > Uwe Boll's Rampage
10. Re: Uwe Boll's Rampage Mar 31, 2018, 01:54 El Pit

Uwe is hurting for money. He tries to get some of that sweet, sweet big money that Warner Bros has. He knows he stands no chance in the court room with this case but hopes that WB will give him a few bucks just to shut him up quickly and to not get bad press with some trial.

I hope WB insists on a trial - Uwe will lose even more money this way.

News Comments > Mafia Series on GOG.com
1. Re: Mafia Series on GOG.com Mar 30, 2018, 11:24 El Pit

Mafia I comes without the original music on GOG. It can be fixed but the fix is... well... maybe some sort of copyright infringement with the copyright owners of the music.  

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
1. Re: Under Armour says 150 million MyFitnessPal accounts breached Mar 30, 2018, 09:04 El Pit

Oh my god! Now they will use the app to make you train harder! They will sort of overclock you and your heart will explode! OHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGOD!  

News Comments > Red Faction Guerrilla Re-Mars-tered Edition Announced
17. Re: Red Faction Guerrilla Re-Mars-tered Edition Announced Mar 29, 2018, 15:11 El Pit

Creston wrote on Mar 29, 2018, 13:46:
It's a really fun game, but if all they're doing is adding some shadows, specular maps and lighting, I wouldn't give more than five bucks for it.

"Heavily reworked textures"

This should change/improve the look quite bit if done right.

News Comments > Red Faction Guerrilla Re-Mars-tered Edition Announced
8. Re: Red Faction Guerrilla Re-Mars-tered Edition Announced Mar 29, 2018, 12:19 El Pit

Asmodai wrote on Mar 29, 2018, 11:50:
Darks wrote on Mar 29, 2018, 10:26:
So, no word on this being an update for those who already own it? or are they trying to strong arm everyone into buying this pos again?

POS? This was the best of the Red Faction games.. =)

Yes, Guerilla was great fun. Destroying bases never got old.

News Comments > etc.
1. Orcs Must Die! developer Robot Entertainment lays off 30 staff… Mar 28, 2018, 12:16 El Pit

Sad to read this. I really liked the first OMD game, the 2nd felt like it was built for co-op which is why I never really played it a lot. Best of luck to the Robot Entertainment guys.  

News Comments > Shroud of the Avatar: Forsaken Virtues Episode 1
8. Re: Shroud of the Avatar: Forsaken Virtues Episode 1 Mar 28, 2018, 02:42 El Pit

WOW! A very successful kickstarter project finally seeing a release as an MMO with episodic single player content... Wait... Where did I hear this before? And this release is a mess, so might we expect the outcome of the other kickstarter to be the same... Ah, no, forget it. Never.  

News Comments > Far Cry 5 Reviews
66. Re: Far Cry 5 Reviews Mar 27, 2018, 13:42 El Pit

RedEye9 wrote on Mar 27, 2018, 10:27:
El Pit wrote on Mar 27, 2018, 09:06:
Nowadays, Trump is using the Evangelicals to support his politics. He has turned into an outspoken christian and gets all the support he wants and needs from the drooling simpletons.
ftfy

Not really a fix - just a reminder that the same shit takes place in another country, too.

News Comments > Far Cry 5 Released
3. Re: Far Cry 5 Released Mar 27, 2018, 10:58 El Pit

Cutter wrote on Mar 27, 2018, 10:48:
Any makin' city boys squeal like a pig in it?

And suddenly I want a DLC featuring Cutter and some banjo music...

61. Re: Far Cry 5 Reviews Mar 27, 2018, 09:06 El Pit

jdreyer wrote on Mar 27, 2018, 07:02:
NicklePop wrote on Mar 26, 2018, 17:20:
Kill all the Christians!

Interesting time to be alive; American culture has pretty much 180'd into a more Russia-China circa 1950 view of religion in the last ~30 years.

Not true. In Russia and China religion was banned from the top down. Despite that, most still held on and practiced in secret.

Nowadays, Putin is using the Russian orthodox church to support his politics. He has turned into an outspoken Russian orthodox christian and gets all the support he wants and needs from the priests.

News Comments > Morning Interviews
2. Re: Morning Interviews Mar 26, 2018, 15:29 El Pit

wtf_man wrote on Mar 26, 2018, 13:15:
Definitely annoyed with this. Same mis-management as Schaffer's Broken Age. Beamdog will definitely never get another backing from me as well.

What has Beamdog to do with the System Shock remake?

12. Re: Far Cry 5 Reviews Mar 26, 2018, 12:22 El Pit

Primalchrome wrote on Mar 26, 2018, 11:30:
Loved the original Far Cry. Loved Far Cry 3. Looks like I have to follow the law of Star Trek Movies and get Far Cry 5 since it's an odd number as well....

But the Trek movies with odd numbers sucked?

I like my repetitive but beautiful (look... ooooh, shiny!!) Far Cry games. I played them all with the exception of 2 and will play this when the GOTY version will come down to $30 or so.

News Comments > Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition Launch Plans
13. Re: Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition Launch Plans Mar 26, 2018, 12:04 El Pit

Creston wrote on Mar 26, 2018, 10:54:
Hordes of the Underdark was sooooooooooooooo freaking awesome. That alone is worth the price of admission right there.

About the only thing I really liked about NWN (besides Underdark) was how powerful you could get as a monk.

Thanks, Creston. So I will be playing a monk in my playthrough of NWN:EE.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
19. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 26, 2018, 09:33 El Pit

SlimRam wrote on Mar 25, 2018, 14:51:
jdreyer wrote on Mar 25, 2018, 14:09:
Cutter wrote on Mar 25, 2018, 13:10:
"Do I believe the Earth is shaped like a Frisbee? I believe it is," he said. "Do I know for sure? No. That's why I want to go up in space."

Yet, oddly enough ships have been circumnavigating the globe for millennia and nary a one has fallen off the edge. What are the odds? Rolleyes

He probably thinks it's a freaky frisbee.

I think the fact that he's running for Governor of California really puts an appropriate cherry on the top of this sundae

Finally the (alt?) right man to replace Trump in 2025! Mike Hughes for president! The NASA would like this idea - they would get showered with money to shoot the new prez into space!

3440 Comments. 172 pages. Viewing page 21.
< Newer [ 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo