Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for El Pit

Real Name El Pit   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Nov 29, 2000, 06:19
Total Comments 2270 (Senior)
User ID 7953

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
22. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 27, 2016, 14:01 El Pit

Quboid wrote on Dec 27, 2016, 13:03:
Carrie Fisher has died aged 60. RIP

Damn! The Grim Reaper has been a real bitch in 2016! Thanks, Carrie, for everything from Star Wars to Blues Brothers to hilarious interviews. Party with John Belushi and turn paradise into one huge party zone, girl!

2016 is GODAWFUL. Not only because of so many people I liked dying but also because of so much trouble I have seen this year. I would love to go on a mission to Mars for the next 2.5 years or so just to take some time off (from Earth).

Name a single event in history where hatred, fear, and greed helped to solve a crisis.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Vaporware Awards
2. Re: Vaporware Awards Dec 27, 2016, 11:36 El Pit

There's a storm coming! A shit storm! I feel it! The CR sectarians will be all over this thread and WIRED with foam at their mouth and screaming "BLASPHEMY!" until all ears are bleeding.

I got to do something...

I... uh...

I gotta go and grab some popcorn.

Name a single event in history where hatred, fear, and greed helped to solve a crisis.

News Comments > Christmas Tech Bits
10. Re: Christmas Tech Bits Dec 26, 2016, 11:28 El Pit

jdreyer wrote on Dec 25, 2016, 18:13:
French woman wants to marry robot.

I guess she prefers things that are hard.

...and need batteries.

23. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 25, 2016, 09:03 El Pit

Rigs wrote on Dec 25, 2016, 03:37:
but think about it, has there been, in the last 20 years, a sequel to a triple-A movie or franchise that blew your mind and was head and shoulders above the original?

I don't expect a sequel to be better than the first movie, but deliver about the same quality. In the last 20 years The Dark Knight comes to mind which was as good if not even better than Batman Begins. Or Spider-Man 2 (the Raimi movies!) which was also as good or even better than Spider-Man 1.

13. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 25, 2016, 02:04 El Pit

Merry Christmas to Blue and all of you!

Sorry to hear about Carrie Fisher. I hope she will fully recover. She did not lead a very healthy life, though, and if you snorted coke with John Belushi you should expect that you will have to pay for that "privilege" one day. Nevertheless, I hope that Fisher will be able to lead a good life after that cardiac arrest. This is more important than to be back for another Star Wars movie.

The Alien: Covenant trailer is out, people! After the imo lame Prometheus, they made the trailer look like A: C will be an action movie. Like the first Alien movie but with the speed of Aliens. Not sure what to think about it, actually.

https://youtu.be/H0VW6sg50Pk

News Comments > AU Fines Valve $3M
18. Re: AU Fines Valve $3M Dec 23, 2016, 13:51 El Pit

Gabe Newell [while turning off all Steam servers] (with the voice of Walter Sobchak from The Big Lebowski): "This is what happens when you fuck a stranger in the ass! OZ, my friend, you are entering a world of pain."

This comment was edited on Dec 23, 2016, 13:58.

News Comments > Steam Winter Sale and Awards Voting Begin
15. Re: Steam Winter Sale and Awards Voting Begin Dec 22, 2016, 16:05 El Pit

Cutter wrote on Dec 22, 2016, 15:39:
Been looking at grabbing Ass

Uhm... Okay.

Edit: (Just joking, Cutter!)

This comment was edited on Dec 22, 2016, 16:15.

News Comments > Steam Winter Sale and Awards Voting Begin
8. Re: Steam Winter Sale and Awards Voting Begin Dec 22, 2016, 15:29 El Pit

I have just checked the prices for the games on my wishlist... No. Just no. I bought Day of the Tentacle and that will be it.  

News Comments > On Sale
5. Re: On Sale Dec 21, 2016, 01:07 El Pit

TangledThorns wrote on Dec 20, 2016, 22:43:
Shame on you if you hadn't played ALIEN: Isolation yet. Its one of my all time favorites.

Tried it but didn't get far. I loved the atmosphere, but it was simply too frustrating once the alien started behaving like it was a precog from Minority Report.

2. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 20, 2016, 13:14 El Pit

Kxmode wrote on Dec 20, 2016, 11:50:
First!

Finally! I've always wanted to type that.

The 1990s called and want their Firsts back!

Just bought Deus Ex: Mankind Divided for 67% off from Steam. That was quite a steal for such a new game!

News Comments > BioWare Giveaways [Updated]
2. Re: BioWare Game Giveaways Dec 20, 2016, 12:18 El Pit

I'd like them to give away all DLCs that can only be bought with Bioware points for free. THAT would be great but it won't happen.  

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
7. Re: Saturday Metaverse Dec 18, 2016, 02:05 El Pit

So, if facts decide the fate of a politician, then why has GWB not been impeached and jailed? RE: Curveball RE: WMD - we know where they are and we will find them (also RE: David Kay Iraq Survey Group) RE: CGI and drawn "proof" pictures presented by Colin Powell (and that he himself said it was rubbish just two years later

Populism always wins over FACTS. People and politicians want and need the evil guys, the villains. Something they can fight and unite against, no matter how false the accusations are. Presidents are not allowed to screw an apprentice but are allowed to kill thousands in injust wars. Homo sapiens embarrassing itself as always. And when you think the president GWB must have been found after scraping bottom of the barrel, the people find Trump UNDER the barrel. There seems to be no absolute low, people can go even lower. Your friendly neighborhood billionaire, the good ol' pal you never really met. To make it sound like the Donald: So many stupid people. So sad.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
8. Re: Intel shitty thermal paste, again. Dec 17, 2016, 08:12 El Pit

Simon Says wrote on Dec 16, 2016, 20:28:
with Amd's "Ryzen" 8c/16t beating and/or tieing Intel's 8c/16t 6900k

I'll believe it when I see benchmarks NOT done by AMD themselves, but by Tom's Hardware and other websites.

News Comments > Egosoft Plans "Real" X4
3. Re: Egosoft Plans Dec 16, 2016, 11:22 El Pit

Egosoft: We won't hit you again. Honestly. Please come back. We've changed, we're different people now. Rebirth was just joke, it was not what we really wanted, what we really felt, we love you, we understand you, we need you! Please come back, bitches!  

21. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 16, 2016, 11:20 El Pit

sauron wrote on Dec 15, 2016, 14:43:
The "What Undead Creature Are You" Test

Hint: I'm a Lich.

And I'm a Shadow.

News Comments > New NVIDIA GeForce Drivers
4. Re: New NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Dec 15, 2016, 16:08 El Pit

thecakeisalie wrote on Dec 15, 2016, 15:23:
if their next line of Radeon cards can match nVidia in performance

Yeah, right. Laugh Laugh2

10. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 15, 2016, 12:11 El Pit

The Half Elf wrote on Dec 15, 2016, 11:48:
Do you really want me to start linking information about prostate stimulation nin? Or male erogenous zones (yes including your prostate).

The doc's fisting approach did not give me an erection but a sudden urge to urinate BIG time. I could hold back, though. And I swear to God that I cannot understand why somebody would love to get his anus penetrated because it was NO FUN. At least not for me, can't speak for the doc. Then again - to each their own. Whatever makes you happy, people.

News Comments > Descent: Underground Next Year?
10. Re: Descent: Underground Next Year? Dec 14, 2016, 16:24 El Pit

Parallax Abstraction wrote on Dec 14, 2016, 12:01:
Based on its current state, they have a LOT of work to do if they want this to come out then in any kind of Descent state.

FTFY!

News Comments > American Truck Simulator Rescale Launches
5. Re: American Truck Simulator Rescale Launches Dec 13, 2016, 10:52 El Pit

Burrito of Peace wrote on Dec 13, 2016, 08:41:
The Half Elf wrote on Dec 13, 2016, 07:54:
Sadly does not include Interstate 76

You'd think ActiBlizzard would be thinking about a remake sometime soon.

They would turn it into a MOBA or a card game.

News Comments > etc., etc.
5. Re: The 10 best Star Wars games in the galaxy, ever Dec 13, 2016, 07:09 El Pit

The Half Elf wrote on Dec 13, 2016, 04:16:
And I wish lists would just put X-Wing/Tie Fighter/X-Wing vs Tie Fighter/Alliance together. They were all great, but without X-Wing.... ya get no Tie Fighter.

^^This! No X-Wing, no believable top ten Star Wars games list.

2270 Comments. 114 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo