Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

User information for El Pit

Real Name El Pit   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Nov 29, 2000, 06:19
Total Comments 2772 (Senior)
User ID 7953

User comment history
< Newer [ 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ] Older >

News Comments > Mass Effect: Andromeda Launch Trailer
30. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda Launch Trailer Mar 11, 2017, 11:36 El Pit

HorrorScope wrote on Mar 11, 2017, 11:13:
Oh come on everyone... with me:

I'm only human after all
I'm only human after all
I'm only human after all
I'm only human, cha cha cha

Maybe

I'm only huuuumaaaan (Human League)

would have been better? Not sure.

They're waiting for you, Gabe, in the test chamber!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Into the Black
2. Re: Into the Black Mar 11, 2017, 04:43 El Pit

Hilarious!

Ash - Driven by AMDs Bullsh... ehm... Bulldozer cpu. When under stress, he breaks down and starts killing people.
Bishop - Driven by intel - is helpful even under huge stress.
Walter - Driven by AMDs Cryz... Ryzen. Tells you it can handle 16 tasks, but goes into slomo once this really happens.

Dear Weylan-Yutani, can I please have a Bishop for my next space mission? Thanks a lot!

EDIT: Maybe Walter is connected to a Xeon based cloud? Just in case, you know?

News Comments > Mass Effect: Andromeda Launch Trailer
21. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda Launch Trailer Mar 11, 2017, 04:06 El Pit

The Half Elf wrote on Mar 10, 2017, 21:13:
SHE.... JUST.... WON'T... QUIT....SMILING!

Tell her that the space suit makes her look just a tiny bit fat... See? Problem solved. No more smiling. She is in Fury mode now and does 3000% additional damage!

News Comments > Out of the Blue
20. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 11, 2017, 04:03 El Pit

Rigs wrote on Mar 10, 2017, 19:47:
No, you bought the game, now play the game you bought with your money and do what all the other people do when they can't play the game they bought because of some game-breaking bug...torrent that bitch! (Hell, I've got it, I'd send it to ya if my internet connection weren't just shy of dial-up!) If you bought it, there's no reason why, in my mind, you can't torrent the GoG version. Doesn't GoG let you get STEAM games already in your library through GoG Galaxy?

=-Rigs-=

Bought the GOG version, had to rewind my save, but now everything works! The Steam version must do something different with the save games, sometimes corrupting them. Whatever, now I am happy.

Rigs, I think you mean GOG Connect. This offers you the GOG version of SOME Steam games, if the publishers allow it. Dragonfall is unfortunately not one of those games.

News Comments > Reservoir Dogs: Bloody Days Video Game Announced
11. Re: Reservoir Dogs: Bloody Days Video Game Announced Mar 10, 2017, 16:07 El Pit

Pr()ZaC wrote on Mar 10, 2017, 15:47:
El Pit wrote on Mar 10, 2017, 15:10:
Creston wrote on Mar 10, 2017, 15:07:
Because when you think Reservoir Dogs, you think action and shooting.

I actually think dancing and cutting. And cutting and dancing.
And burning.

Stuck in the middle with you!

10. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 10, 2017, 15:40 El Pit

So, I give up playing the Steam version of Shadowrun Dragonfall. I got stuck at the loading screen, no game save loads. I have tried several saves. The problem is not new and has not been fixed sinc 2014 (there are a couple of Steam forum threads dealing with the problem). Great job, Harebrained!!!! It seems the GOG version does not have the problem, and currently Shadowfall is 80% off at GOGs Spring Sale. Sooooo... shall I invest the few bucks and actually pay Harebrained even more money although they don't fix an old bug? Aaaaah... But I want more Shadowrun... DAMN!  

8. Re: Reservoir Dogs: Bloody Days Video Game Announced Mar 10, 2017, 15:10 El Pit

Creston wrote on Mar 10, 2017, 15:07:
Because when you think Reservoir Dogs, you think action and shooting.

I actually think dancing and cutting. And cutting and dancing.

7. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 10, 2017, 13:41 El Pit

BobBob wrote on Mar 10, 2017, 12:59:
RIP EPA and the environment.

I heard the personal is completely compostable, so slowly killing off the EPA will not ruin the environment!

If nature was important, it would be a Wall Street listed company with a perfect lobbying structure. But noooo, that little princess nature not even financially supports any party or candidate. So why should politics care about it? Fuck that little loser!

6. Re: Reservoir Dogs: Bloody Days Video Game Announced Mar 10, 2017, 13:33 El Pit

The promo should have started "Lend us your ears, we got news for you!"

Missed opportunity. Most likely the PR guy has never watched the movie.

News Comments > John Carmack Sues ZeniMax
24. Re: John Carmack Sues ZeniMax Mar 10, 2017, 03:24 El Pit

Slick, cool down. Take your meds. And take a ride on my ignore bus from here on. *sigh*  

15. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 10, 2017, 03:19 El Pit

Just finished Shadowrun Returns and liked it a lot! Now I am playing Shadowrun Dragonfall (DC), and it is even better. Great gaming experience!  

News Comments > Evening Screenshots
6. Re: Evening Screenshots Mar 10, 2017, 03:14 El Pit

I have great respect for Josh Parnell but he should use what he has got to find some investors, build up a good team, and work with them to finish the game. He is an extremely smart guy but the way he develops this game comes close to torturing himself.

Take care, Josh! Best of luck to you and listen to your doctor's advice.

22. Re: John Carmack Sues ZeniMax Mar 10, 2017, 03:04 El Pit

This "dawned halfway through" means you did not understand the nod to your "if no demo is available". It is excused, though. People are a bit slow sometimes. LOL!

The Ferrari is the "new game, high price" analogy, of course. Again... Nevermind.

The point still stands: no demo is no justification to just steal (or borrow, as you would/will call it).

May I borrow the product from your company for free, too? Without you controlling the product, sooooo I might just use it as long and to an extent that I want? It just does not work this way, and you know it. People usually break laws when they find them to be more of a hindrance for themselves, but will come with pitchforks if somebody else does. Modern bigotry.

Whatever. We have discussed this more than twenty times here at Blue's News, and there is a news archive (access to the left). I have no interest to repeat everything, just a word of warning: reporting yourselves here might put the pressure on e.g. an officer reading this to actually investigate it. This is not some obscure dark net forum.

20. Re: John Carmack Sues ZeniMax Mar 10, 2017, 02:42 El Pit

Slick wrote on Mar 10, 2017, 02:34:
i also pirate the fuck out of whatever i want as well

See: My advice for Agent-Zero

Also, you might want to check out Let's play videos and read minimum/recommended requirements for games instead of pirating.

*sigh* Guys, guys, guys - hey, I want to buy that Ferrari, so I just steal it for a test drive. They don't offer Ferrari test drives to mere mortals. And I will totally buy one once I can afford such a car and WHEN I THINK THE PRICE IS RIGHT. But unlike others, I will give it back after the test drive. This is not theft, right? RIGHT?!

I would like more demos, too, but I do not feel entitled to bootleg a title/game just because there is no demo in this time of youtube in combination with the hardware recommendation of the publishers.

This comment was edited on Mar 10, 2017, 02:53.

19. Re: John Carmack Sues ZeniMax Mar 10, 2017, 02:39 El Pit

Agent-Zero wrote on Mar 10, 2017, 01:21:
i also pirate the fuck out of whatever i want as well

While it is good that you are reporting yourself, this is the wrong place for this. Please go to a nearby police station and tell them that you steal thing. Better don't add those f-bombs in combination with "corps", or they might send you to a psychiatric hospital instead of just filing your report.

Hm... Then again... Maybe you should. It might help you.

5. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 9, 2017, 12:05 El Pit

MajorD wrote on Mar 9, 2017, 11:48:
Too old at 27? Wow, he is old before his time.

That is one of my favorite Pink Floyd songs....it's so well written.

He joined the army at 19 and will leave it after 8 years of service. Those 8 years have changed him a lot. I also think he has aged faster than I did mostly because of this. But sometimes he behaves like an old teenager, so he is not broken or anything.

And Time is an awesome song! I got goosebumps when Floyd played this song live back in the 80s and early 90s. That video playing on the big screen in the background was also amazing!

https://youtu.be/-asb-V8aTaA

This is the video from the Momentary Lapse of Reason tour. IIRC, they used another video for the Division Bell tour. Great memories!

1. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 9, 2017, 09:52 El Pit

Blue, my nephew turned in 27 in February. When I asked him if he was going out and get some party started, he said "No. I am too old for this." No kidding. 27... This makes me... uhm... No. This cannot be! I AM NOT... Have I already joined the club of "The Ancient Ones"?!

Blue, it is alright. We are getting older. But up to 60, this should not be a problem. At 70, most people start fading, so we still got some gas left in the tank for a few more years!

And you are young and life is long and there is time to kill today.
And then one day you find ten years have got behind you.
No one told you when to run, you missed the starting gun.
So you run and you run to catch up with the sun but it's sinking
Racing around to come up behind you again.
The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older
Shorter of breath and one day closer to death.
Every year is getting shorter; never seem to find the time.
Plans that either come to naught or half a page of scribbled lines.
(Pink Floyd - Time)

News Comments > LEGO Worlds Released
4. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Mar 8, 2017, 11:15 El Pit

Sleeeeepy wrote on Mar 8, 2017, 04:58:
Well at least this is less likely to be brought down by the cost of anti-phallus technology

So, no DILDO Worlds? What a pity.

News Comments > Panzer Corps 2 Announced
1. Re: Panzer Corps 2 Announced Mar 8, 2017, 09:53 El Pit

I have played quite a few TBS games (from Panzer General to Battle Isle and X-COM), but Panzer Corps is too hardcore for me. It plays like classic Panzer General, but you won't earn much (or, in my opinion, enough) experience to build up your forces. I understand Slitherine did not want players to steamroll the opponent with 5 star forces after a few missions, but they nerfed it too much imo. I played the tutorial and loved it! Played the first level (Poland), and still loved it. Then came Norway (level 2)... And the difficulty curve rocketed to Mars and beyond. I resupplied troops, bought a few trucks for my infantery (you will see why once you reach the Norway level) and a strategic bomber... and that was it. The level was HARD at standard difficulty ("Colonel"), very hard.

I understand some people like those very hard games, but when I come home from work, I just don't need too much stress anymore, so... I downloaded Panzer General 2 from GOG and was happy again.

Panzer Corps is a good game and a true sequel to the Panzer General games except for its difficulty. Colonel/standard difficulty is too demanding imo. Did not bother trying it at easy, so I don't know what the game is like at easy.

News Comments > Quake Champions Beta Signups
18. Re: Quake Champions Beta Signups Mar 8, 2017, 07:49 El Pit

coldcut wrote on Mar 8, 2017, 04:07:
I'll just leave this here

If Quake was done today

Lacks third person perspective and huge pointers indicating where the enemies are. Also: mini map with red blips showing where the enemy has hidden. Add regenerating health, too.

2772 Comments. 139 pages. Viewing page 19.
< Newer [ 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo