Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for El Pit

Real Name El Pit   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Nov 29, 2000, 06:19
Total Comments 2049 (Senior)
User ID 7953

User comment history
< Newer [ 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ] Older >

News Comments > Bombshell in January; Prequel Revealed
8. Re: Bombshell in January; Prequel Revealed Nov 21, 2015, 02:41 El Pit

Creston wrote on Nov 21, 2015, 01:24:
Oh that thing. It had what was probably considered the worst reveal trailer ever.

Don't worry. It will be released "when it's done." It's 3D Realms so from now on it's a race between this and Star Citizen. See which will be released first.

Name a single event in history where hatred, fear, and greed helped to solve a crisis.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > No Arkham Knight Multi-GPU Support
34. Re: No Arkham Knight Multi-GPU Support Nov 21, 2015, 02:33 El Pit

Kajetan wrote on Nov 20, 2015, 18:18:
El Pit wrote on Nov 20, 2015, 11:51:
Oh nooooo... I'm playing Arkham Knight right now, it's working, it's fun, I'm enjoying it... WHAT AM I DOING WRONG? Please help me, Sith Lords of Hatred of Blue's News - MAKE IT STOP! MAKE IT BREAK! MAKE IT NOT BEING FUN TO PLAY! I'm asking all of you who never played the game but hate it to help me! I want to join you. Can I? CAN I?
You dont get it ... if you have fun with trash, then have fun with trash and enjoy yourself as you please. I had fun with bad games in the past, i didnt regret any minute with them.

But i dont walk around and piss at everybody who says: "This is a bad game." It is. Bad. But the overall quality of a game is unrelated to the amount of fun you can have with it.

So it's trash. And it's trash because... Bad game design? Low production values? The bugs they squashed? Or is every game trash that does not have multi-gpu support?

Yeah, I don't get it. Whatever. You play your games, I'll play mine. Just don't make your OPINION sound like it's the law, the only true and objective judgment because it is not. Neither is mine.

The only thing I don't like about Arkham Knight is the Bat Tank. I understand they wanted to include a new game element, but it just feels weird firing the tank's cannon at thugs and non-armored cars.

Name a single event in history where hatred, fear, and greed helped to solve a crisis.

News Comments > Fallout 4 Patch Plans
34. Re: Fallout 4 Patch Plans Nov 20, 2015, 11:56 El Pit

Angrius Maximis wrote on Nov 20, 2015, 11:10:

harlock wrote on Nov 20, 2015, 07:20:
yeh this is the first beth game Ive waited to play... probly wait at least a year, maybe more

it needs serious help... not just bugs but of course the standard fixes for bonehead decisions and missing content

You're an idiot

And you're a troll. A lame one.

Tell me - are you a Zombie troll (a troll that got banned and is now coming back like herpes does occassionally) or a new troll?

News Comments > No Arkham Knight Multi-GPU Support
27. Re: No Arkham Knight Multi-GPU Support Nov 20, 2015, 11:51 El Pit

Oh nooooo... I'm playing Arkham Knight right now, it's working, it's fun, I'm enjoying it... WHAT AM I DOING WRONG? Please help me, Sith Lords of Hatred of Blue's News - MAKE IT STOP! MAKE IT BREAK! MAKE IT NOT BEING FUN TO PLAY! I'm asking all of you who never played the game but hate it to help me! I want to join you. Can I? CAN I?  

News Comments > Into the Black
25. Re: Into the Black Nov 15, 2015, 08:28 El Pit

Quboid wrote on Nov 14, 2015, 19:07:
Cutter wrote on Nov 14, 2015, 16:18:
Identifying the Muslims - terrorists - in the crowd is easy.

How? I don't think that's possible, never mind easy.

Because in the cutterverse, terrorists have huge red triangles above them and health bars. In our universe, it's close to impossible to spot out the terrorists in a group all up in arms. But in the cutterverse, it's easy.

News Comments > On Sale
3. Re: On Sale Nov 14, 2015, 13:05 El Pit

Julio wrote on Nov 14, 2015, 07:03:
Great move by GOG.

Unlike the introduction of regional pricing and geo-blocking, this is indeed a great move. I caved in and bought a couple of games (at my regional high prices).

I loved GOG, but now it's just the DRM-free that makes it different from Steam, Origina, and UPlay. GOG is still good, but they lost a lot of appeal to me with their latest shenanigans.

News Comments > Into the Black
11. Re: Into the Black Nov 14, 2015, 01:10 El Pit

Horrible... Some fucked up pseudoreligious armed headcases go on a killing spree and kill 120 people. That's what happens if you can buy an AK-47 for about $90 at a black market from the gangs in Paris' banlieues. There are some really dangerous quarters in Paris, controlled not by the police, but by gangs. And see what happens. Absolutely horrible.

Thank God that the people in most civilized countries are not allowed to carry firearms with them. It would have ended with many more people dead and wounded if in this turmoil everybody had started at shooting everybody else because it could be a terrorist (armed and all).

News Comments > System Shock Remake Plans; System Shock 3 Possible
41. Re: System Shock Remake Plans; System Shock 3 Possible Nov 13, 2015, 04:45 El Pit

Task wrote on Nov 12, 2015, 16:08:
Also, if SS3 really becomes a reality, I truly hope they find the correct dev/publisher group to handle it to ensure the core mechanics stay.

Please let it be none of these

• ZeniMax/Bethseda (will turn it into a watered down, open-world explore a spaceship game with buggy Gamebryo and Dialog Wheel, and hope the mods will fix it)

• Gearbox (will take the IP and do nothing with it, and instead contract it to some chuckleheads while actually working on Borderlands 3)

• Microsoft Studios (turn System Shock into F2P, a console game, or just do nothing...forever)

• EA/DICE (turn into a linear action game, while trimming down on lots of features + potential season pass material)

• Bioware ("reimagine" System Shock 3 with modern bioware-RPG mechanics, a color coded ended, potential MMO-style quests, and plenty of romance encounters including Shodan)

• Am I missing any? Sorry, had to do it.

Give it to CIG instead to integrate it into the FPS of Star Citizen! It will be totally worth the wait... A few more years of production sure won't hurt!

News Comments > Steamship Ahoy - Fallout 4
    10. Re: Steamship Ahoy - Fallout 4 Nov 10, 2015, 10:38 El Pit

intermarer wrote on Nov 10, 2015, 10:27:
    I'm a bit sceptical of Fallout 4. It looks five years old. Also the negative user scores have surpassed the positive scores on metacritic at the time of writing this. Reading a lot about bugs too.

And a very positive score at Steam (out of over 4,000 user votes).

News Comments > Game Reviews
    17. Re: Game Reviews Nov 9, 2015, 13:21 El Pit

Cutter wrote on Nov 9, 2015, 13:12:
    El Pit wrote on Nov 9, 2015, 11:56:
    PHJF wrote on Nov 9, 2015, 11:05:
    Review at GameTrailers..., "Fallout 4 is flawed in very serious ways..."

9/10

Review at GameTrailers..., "Fallout 4's massive world has plenty of fascinating things to uncover."

9/10

See? It's easy to manipulate by taking a single quote out of a long review.

No, he's right. All the reviews complain long and loud about a whole host of things but give the game 8 or 9 out of 10 regardless. It doesn't jibe. Most player reviews - from the old school at any rate - are all in the 5 or 6 out of 10 zone which sounds about right.

And those reviews fail to say what they liked? Or is it just that you ignore this because it would undermine your point of view?

EDIT: I'm sorry to become part of the slowly growing choir, but I join in singing the song that the negativity here is growing. Why? Is it because all that Star Citizen nonsense or extremely buggy releases like Arkham Knight have led to a general bad temper and huge mistrust? It's a shame because this has always been THE place to go to if you wanted to hear experienced gamers talk about games. But now it seems that a "hatred first" approach has infected a lot of us. It's a bit painful to witness this.

This comment was edited on Nov 9, 2015, 13:26.

News Comments > Game Reviews
    8. Re: Game Reviews Nov 9, 2015, 11:56 El Pit

PHJF wrote on Nov 9, 2015, 11:05:
    Review at GameTrailers..., "Fallout 4 is flawed in very serious ways..."

9/10

Review at GameTrailers..., "Fallout 4's massive world has plenty of fascinating things to uncover."

9/10

See? It's easy to manipulate by taking a single quote out of a long review.

News Comments > Fallout 4 Preloads
    40. Re: Fallout 4 Preloads Nov 8, 2015, 03:49 El Pit

Creston wrote on Nov 7, 2015, 21:41:
    JayDeath wrote on Nov 7, 2015, 20:44:
    Preloaded and waiting to get lost in this game.

It downloaded another 9 megs or so earlier, and for a brief, glorious moment I thought they had maybe activated it early (by mistake), because when I hit play it just sat there for a few seconds thinking about it.

But then no, "It's not released yet."

FUCK THE FUCKING GAME STORES. GIVE ME MY FUCKING GAME THAT'S ALREADY INSTALLED ON MY FREAKING PC!

Meanwhile, a lot of console kids are already playing it in glorious low res with their controllers. We're truly living in a mad, mad world. (cue Tears for Fears)

News Comments > Mass Effect: Andromeda N7 Day Trailer
    4. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda N7 Day Trailer Nov 7, 2015, 16:01 El Pit

Tyrric wrote on Nov 7, 2015, 15:58:
    Femshep FTW!

Femshep only in an alternate game universe!

Whatever. MY Shepard took one of the colored final solutions in ME3, and that is where HIS story ended. In this alternate universe, it's a new history.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
    9. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 6, 2015, 11:47 El Pit

That shot of the incoming TIE Fighters with the sun behind them... I imagined it with Wagner's Valkyrie as the soundtrack - APOCALYPSE NOW!!!  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
    5. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 6, 2015, 11:24 El Pit

Man, I'm old, but I had tears in my eyes when I watched that Japanese Star Wars trailer - and no, I wasn't laughing. WOW! I'm all ready for you, The Force Awakens, although there is one rumor that will break my heart if it's true.

Nevertheless: BRING IT ON!!!

News Comments > Overwatch Not F2P?
    40. Re: Into the Black Nov 6, 2015, 11:05 El Pit

NegaDeath wrote on Nov 5, 2015, 21:56:
    I've been thinking this for awhile, the place has become really negative lately. Aside from a couple of titles each new game is treated like it's the worst thing ever.

It's a Star Wars thing. Only the Sith deal in absolutes.

Totally true! Devil

39. Re: Overwatch Not F2P? Nov 6, 2015, 11:01 El Pit

intermarer wrote on Nov 6, 2015, 05:19:
    intermarer wrote on Nov 6, 2015, 05:18:
    El Pit wrote on Nov 6, 2015, 03:31:
    intermarer wrote on Nov 6, 2015, 02:49:
    HorrorScope wrote on Nov 5, 2015, 20:05:
    It's Blizzard, they could get $100, they have a crazy loyal base.
    Hell yeah, I'd pay 100$ in a heartbeat

You do know that you can also back Star Citizen? For $1,000 and up? Just saying since money does not seem a problem for you.
    I've already got around 150$ in Scam Citizen that I can't get back

[Nelson]Ha Ha![/Nelson]

30. Re: Overwatch Not F2P? Nov 6, 2015, 03:31 El Pit

intermarer wrote on Nov 6, 2015, 02:49:
    HorrorScope wrote on Nov 5, 2015, 20:05:
    It's Blizzard, they could get $100, they have a crazy loyal base.
    Hell yeah, I'd pay 100$ in a heartbeat

You do know that you can also back Star Citizen? For $1,000 and up? Just saying since money does not seem a problem for you.

29. Re: Overwatch Not F2P? Nov 6, 2015, 03:29 El Pit

Okay, so this should be $60 retail + $9.99 monthly subscription + $20 in-game store microtransactions + online only (servers going down in 5 years or so or 6 months after the release of Overwatch 2 in 3 years). Yes, I'm sure this will sell like sliced bread fresh from the oven because it has an ActicBlizz label on it.  

News Comments > No More WoW Numbers
    24. Re: No More WoW Numbers Nov 4, 2015, 13:21 El Pit

nin wrote on Nov 4, 2015, 13:03:
    El Pit wrote on Nov 4, 2015, 12:56:
    Mr. Tact wrote on Nov 4, 2015, 12:23:
    Still more wow than any other MMO to date.

But no longer wow enough to tell the public. This truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.

I can't imagine any dev that wouldn't kill to have a game as successful as wow, even with it waning.

True! It's still a cash cow, although it is slowly going down. But it's kind of funny that ActiBlizz is trying to hide this. Whatever. Never played WoW and never will unless it will go free to play in its final phase.

2049 Comments. 103 pages. Viewing page 18.
    < Newer [ 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo