Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
San Diego, CA 07/23

Regularly scheduled events

User information for El Pit

Real Name El Pit   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Nov 29, 2000, 06:19
Total Comments 2000 (Senior)
User ID 7953

User comment history
< Newer [ 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ] Older >

News Comments > No SC Retraction from The Escapist
61. Re: No SC Retraction from The Escapist Oct 6, 2015, 15:08 El Pit

jdreyer wrote on Oct 6, 2015, 14:57:
Wallshadows wrote on Oct 6, 2015, 12:05:
I still think it's amazing how their convention is called CitizenCon.

StarCon was taken.

Has "Not-A-Con-HONESTLY" also been taken?

Name a single event in history where hatred, fear, and greed helped to solve a crisis.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Far Cry Primal Announced
15. Re: Far Cry Primal Announced Oct 6, 2015, 15:04 El Pit

Cutter wrote on Oct 6, 2015, 13:10:
ARK is better.

Edit: ARK is also on sale on Steam right now.

Unlike you, I haven't played "Far Cry Primal" yet, but I'm looking forward to a game set in ice age with a mostly free world to explore. Also, I will try to find the mammoth, the sabre tooth tiger, and the sloth and will go on an adventure with them to find and either help or stop Scrat.

This comment was edited on Oct 6, 2015, 15:16.

Name a single event in history where hatred, fear, and greed helped to solve a crisis.

54. Re: No SC Retraction from The Escapist Oct 6, 2015, 14:42 El Pit

jdreyer wrote on Oct 6, 2015, 14:34:
El Pit wrote on Oct 6, 2015, 10:10:
harlock wrote on Oct 6, 2015, 09:50:
i smell a documentary brewing....

No, a Hollywood movie based on this! Written, produced, and directed by Chris Roberts. Starring: Chris Roberts as The Chairman. Featuring an empty chair and Clint Eastwood pointing at and talking about it.

Hey, he should cast the actress Sandi Gardiner as his wife. She's a spitting image of his real wife: VP of Marketing Sandi Gardiner.

I heard that Andy Serkis is already in Chris Roberts' motion cap studio to perform as The Chair.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
27. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 6, 2015, 11:58 El Pit

nin wrote on Oct 6, 2015, 10:19:
El Pit wrote on Oct 6, 2015, 10:16:
In other news, El Pit gets his ass handed in level 5 of Alien: Isolation. Damn, such a great game, but it's really, really hard to finish level 5. I even caved in and watched some walkthrough movies, but the alien in the movies can not be compared to my little bitey fellow. They even walk through the lab part of the level and there is NOTHING on their motion tracker, whereas I can hide a minute in a cabinet, wait, then move to the door, and guess who IMMEDIATELY starts roaming my neighborhood. Yeah, right, that cat-loving menace from outer space. NERDRAGE!!! Did they somehow make the "hard" difficulty even harder with some patches?!

They actually added in (via patch) an extra hard difficulty as well as an easier difficulty.

Don't feel bad, I suck at it as well...also, it learns from your failures. So if you go for the cabinets every time, guess what? Someones gonna extra check the cabinets for you next time! You gotta mix it up.

WOW! It actually adapts to my tactics?! Jeez, as if it is not dangerous enough!

I made it through level 5 finally and am now stuck pretty much at the beginning of level 6. The beast is hunting me in a very confined space, not many places to hide or avoid it.

I guess I'll take a break and never come back think about different tactics while playing Skyrim.

News Comments > Morning Interviews
7. Re: Morning Interviews Oct 6, 2015, 10:25 El Pit

Verno wrote on Oct 6, 2015, 10:18:
Yeah I kinda lost steam with Witcher 3 somewhere and its hard to pick it back up.

Happened to me with Witcher 2 right at the start of Act III. I somehow had to force me to finish it to get "my save" ready for Witcher 3 with seems to be a very different beast of a game.

25. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 6, 2015, 10:16 El Pit

In other news, El Pit gets his ass handed in level 5 of Alien: Isolation. Damn, such a great game, but it's really, really hard to finish level 5. I even caved in and watched some walkthrough movies, but the alien in the movies can not be compared to my little bitey fellow. They even walk through the lab part of the level and there is NOTHING on their motion tracker, whereas I can hide a minute in a cabinet, wait, then move to the door, and guess who IMMEDIATELY starts roaming my neighborhood. Yeah, right, that cat-loving menace from outer space. NERDRAGE!!! Did they somehow make the "hard" difficulty even harder with some patches?!  

11. Re: No SC Retraction from The Escapist Oct 6, 2015, 10:10 El Pit

harlock wrote on Oct 6, 2015, 09:50:
i smell a documentary brewing....

No, a Hollywood movie based on this! Written, produced, and directed by Chris Roberts. Starring: Chris Roberts as The Chairman. Featuring an empty chair and Clint Eastwood pointing at and talking about it.

2. Re: Morning Interviews Oct 6, 2015, 09:58 El Pit

I also doubt that Star Citizen is a con. It's just a ridiculously out of scope kickstarter project driven by the ego, sorry, "vision" of it's mastermind. This behemoth of a nonsensical approach to gamemaking will never, ever be finished in any way resembling the promises of His Chairmanness. And EVERYBODY who is working/has been working on the project knows this but will shut up until they leave or get laid off. There is no intentional criminal act involved, it's just a clusterfuck of a project run by somebody who might slowly understand that the scope of his vision is far, FAR beyond anything that can be achieved with our computers at least in the next 10 years or so.  

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
2. Re: Evening Metaverse Oct 6, 2015, 02:03 El Pit

jdreyer wrote on Oct 5, 2015, 23:20:
13 year olds do die of natural causes, but it's pretty unusual. I hope the police are looking hard at this.

Also, she announces his death in Showcard Gothic font??? What the fuck?

They also put a link to their merchandise right under the announcement of the death of their son...

News Comments > CIG Demands Escapist Retraction; Threatens Lawsuit
41. Re: CIG Demands Escapist Retraction; Threatens Lawsuit Oct 5, 2015, 11:21 El Pit

To sum it up:
https://youtu.be/YJqGdT6w5Fk

4. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 4, 2015, 14:58 El Pit

jdreyer wrote on Oct 4, 2015, 14:50:
The Decline of ‘Big Soda.’

Over the last 20 years, sales of full-calorie soda in the United States have plummeted by more than 25 percent.

Wow, I had no idea the drop was so precipitous. That's fantastic. Being replaced by bottled water is far superior, although it has it's own issues: the plastic that leeches into the water tends to do things like reduce fertility in men.

Now, if we can just get sin taxes on "food" products like potato chips and candy to discourage consumption, we might actually start to make some headway on the obesity epidemic.

But in times of a zombie apocalypse, a lot of people that are fatter and slower than us would highly improve our chances of survival! THINK, MAN, THINK!!!

1. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 4, 2015, 14:30 El Pit

So I'm 5 episodes into Fear the Walking Dead and I'm all rooting for the zombies to win. What did the producers think? Let's make not a single character in this tv series likeable? And let's focus on a dysfunctional patchwork family, because dyfunctional families should be at the center of all those zombie tv series? Oh boy, what a shitty series.

I'd love to see a zombie tv series deal with a FUNCTIONAL family and the terror they go through when they try to survive and help their loved ones in the middle of apocalypse. But nowadays, it has to be a bunch of fools, cowards, drug addicts, sociopaths, torturers, and spoilt brats facing the undead. And that is where I have to say: dear zombies, dinner is served, enjoy. And to put it with Metallica: Kill 'em all! And tell your friends about how you enjoyed your meal at McHuman's!

News Comments > Escapist Defends Star Citizen Sources
30. Re: Escapist Defends Star Citizen Sources Oct 3, 2015, 01:24 El Pit

eRe4s3r wrote on Oct 2, 2015, 20:04:
Fantaz wrote on Oct 2, 2015, 19:54:
Derek Smart! Derek Smart! Derek Smart!

Invoking Cthulhu should never be done in jest.

Ia! Ia! Derek Smart Fthagn! Ph'nglui mglw'nfah Derek Smart R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn!

Then again, DS is not asleep and R'lyeh is not a town in Texas.

13. Re: Morning Interviews Oct 1, 2015, 12:21 El Pit

Task wrote on Oct 1, 2015, 10:25:
There's a rumor they got Mark Hamill to do some acting for em again; Chris and Mark were in UK during the same time period - could be coincidence or not, we'll see.

Mark has been and as far as I know still is in England and Ireland shooting scenes for Star Wars Episodes VII and VIII. It's not because of filming scenes for "Vaporware - The Kickstarter".

News Comments > Star Citizen's $900 Ship
81. Re: Star Citizen's $900 Ship Sep 30, 2015, 14:14 El Pit

jdreyer wrote on Sep 30, 2015, 14:11:
This thread is exploding...

Do you think it's already time to shout "Burn the witches" and call the Spanish Inquisition?

News Comments > Divinity: Original Sin 2 Gets $2M in Funding
4. Re: Divinity: Original Sin 2 Gets $2M in Funding Sep 30, 2015, 14:12 El Pit

I absolutely loved the first game and hope that the 2nd builds and improves on it.

Then again, they could start something clever like adding unique rides for $900 a piece... Just saying.

News Comments > Star Citizen's $900 Ship
65. Re: Star Citizen's $900 Ship Sep 30, 2015, 13:38 El Pit

dsmart wrote on Sep 30, 2015, 13:15:
JoeNapalm wrote on Sep 30, 2015, 10:41:
And even if SC implodes in a spectacular fashion, it won't be because Derek Smart was right. DS thinks that it can't be made because he couldn't make it, therefore, you should buy his games.

That's every bit as crazy as any of this.

-Jn-

Don't be daft. I have written lengthy blogs, complete with tech jargon, explaining WHY it can't be built. You should probably read them.

Wait and see, Derek. I'm sure after the implosion of this behemoth of a black hole, fingers will get pointed at you and all "trolls". CR will insist that it was that toxic environment and ongoing trolling that made the dream break and the vision getting strangled by evil forces. CR will want to offer a scapegoat to the followers because that's the way how false messiahs handle these situations.

News Comments > Star Citizen Departures?
98. Re: Star Citizen Departures? Sep 26, 2015, 02:28 El Pit

Star Citizen needs...

...RTS
...MOBA
...City/Station/Planet building like in City: Skylines
...RPG elements in FPS (like Fallout 3/NV/4)
...4x strategy mode
...platformer modules in 2D/2.5D/3D
...Pong with two battlecruisers and a satellite
...and more ships

See? A lot needs to be done. Don't underachieve, go for the stars! Start the next kickstarter NOW! VISION, people, VISION!!!

I love the defenders. Then again, I remember how some sects ended... No. They're not like that. To all star pilots: EJECT! EJECT! EJECT!

And if you wait for the third "EJECT!", you will already be alone in the pixel starship.

This comment was edited on Sep 26, 2015, 02:35.

News Comments > Cloud Imperium Games Layoff Report Follow-up
11. Re: Cloud Imperium Games Layoff Report Follow-up Sep 26, 2015, 02:17 El Pit

One of the first new employees is the new CIG pr and information manager. Let him personally explain what is going on at CIG and why there is absolutely NO reason to question Christ Roberts:
https://youtu.be/yfAeMtcURg0

TL;DR: "The CIG critics are coming to surrender or are burning in their parents' basements."

News Comments > Star Citizen Departures?
20. Re: Star Citizen Departures? Sep 25, 2015, 11:45 El Pit

Wallshadows wrote on Sep 25, 2015, 11:43:
All I can find about a leak is the 48GB in assets which got sniffed out by accident on a screenshot. Is the email made public?

kxmode linked to it in the last SC thread.

2000 Comments. 100 pages. Viewing page 18.
< Newer [ 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo