Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

User information for El Pit

Real Name El Pit   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Nov 29, 2000, 06:19
Total Comments 2641 (Senior)
User ID 7953

User comment history
< Newer [ 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ] Older >

News Comments > New NVIDIA GeForce Drivers
8. Re: New NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Jan 25, 2017, 12:35 El Pit

Verno wrote on Jan 25, 2017, 10:48:
I can't understand anything you post Luke, go learn the English language if you want to post on an English forum otherwise fuck off.

Or your babel fish has died?

They're waiting for you, Gabe, in the test chamber!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Deus Ex: Breach and VR Experience for Free
6. Re: Morning Mobilization Jan 25, 2017, 01:13 El Pit

Scottish Martial Arts wrote on Jan 24, 2017, 21:44:
Squirmer wrote on Jan 24, 2017, 21:26:
Have they finished the storyline of Mankind Divided yet? That seemed to be one of the biggest criticisms.

It's complete. The issue is that if you haven't played the original Deus Ex.

The original Deus Ex - remastered by the DE:HR guys. Now, THIS is a good idea!

News Comments > Out of the Blue
18. Re: etc., etc. Jan 24, 2017, 12:16 El Pit

nin wrote on Jan 24, 2017, 11:29:
Kxmode wrote on Jan 24, 2017, 11:23:
I personally loved TFA and had no problems with the remix of the original trilogy. For me TFA ranks near the top behind #1 Empire and #2 A New Hope.

Totally agree, loved it, especially after the trash prequels.

TFA and Rogue 1 in addition to A New Hope and Return of the Jedi - is it alright to call this franchise Death Star Wars from now on?

15. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 24, 2017, 03:24 El Pit

Kxmode wrote on Jan 23, 2017, 16:48:
I am not surprised by the Episode 8's name. It was found in Episode 7's crawl. Seems only fitting that would become episode 8's name.

Episode VII
THE FORCE AWAKENS

Luke Skywalker has vanished. In his absence, the sinister FIRST ORDER has risen from the ashes of the Empire and will not rest until Skywalker, the last Jedi, has been destroyed.

With the support of the REPUBLIC, General Leia Organa leads a brave RESISTANCE. She is desperate to find her brother Luke and gain his help in restoring peace and justice to the galaxy.

Leia has sent her most daring pilot on a secret mission to Jakku, where an old ally has discovered a clue to Luke’s whereabouts...

Star Wars: Has Been

5. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 23, 2017, 14:24 El Pit

Episode VIII: The Last Jedi

Hm... Well... Alright.

4. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 23, 2017, 13:16 El Pit

You should be called a winner, because you have not been wrong, Blue. Your picks were just alternative facts!  

80. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 22, 2017, 12:02 El Pit

Quboid wrote on Jan 22, 2017, 11:58:
I hear "alternative facts" is their latest name for lies.

Alternative "facts"? Like creation instead of evolution? Homo sapiens and dinosaurs living at the same time?

Trumperica - where facts mean nothing anymore unless they get twittered by The DOTUS.

77. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 22, 2017, 11:20 El Pit

ledhead1969 wrote on Jan 22, 2017, 11:19:
"With Trump in Charge, Climate Change References Purged From Website"

http://bit.ly/2k4mEGB

http://bit.ly/2jFqgPM

Probably because the science will dictate the message instead of scammers and idiots.

Trump thinks the climate change is fake news. Like everything that he wants to be wrong IS wrong in his opinion. Soon, a "ministry of truth" will check all news before they are allowed to be published.

76. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 22, 2017, 11:19 El Pit

Agent-Zero wrote on Jan 22, 2017, 10:59:
Redmask wrote on Jan 22, 2017, 09:09:
Ok, let's hold hands and watch Seth Meyers guys.

WE'LL SURVIVE THIS TOGETHER!

dont be upset

GO OUT AND DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT

FTFY

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
19. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Jan 22, 2017, 11:16 El Pit

HoSpanky wrote on Jan 22, 2017, 10:34:
The difference here being that while people are amused, but not IMPRESSED with 3D, everyone is blown away by proper VR (not cellphone VR). The problem is that 3D came first and until they try it, people think VR is just "3D strapped to your face". It's incredibly hard to describe using VR, and that's where its largest hurdle is. 3dtv left such a bad taste in people's mouths that VR has a hell of an uphill battle.

The difference here being that while people are amused, but not IMPRESSED with VR, everyone was blown away by proper 3D (not cheap small 3D tv sets). Avatar broke new ground and became the MOST SUCCESSFUL MOVIE EVER. VR, on the other hand, has nothing to show yet. It has yet to prove its worth and is already in danger of dying off within the next two years (max). It is more niche than 3D has been.

15. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Jan 22, 2017, 02:04 El Pit

jdreyer wrote on Jan 21, 2017, 20:55:
El Pit wrote on Jan 21, 2017, 11:55:
3D has come and gone multiple times, it will return in 20 years or so. But at least it had some success and was better this time than back in the early 80s and 50s. Let's see if VR can at least be half as successful as this iteration of 3D has been - I dare to say it won't. Right there is your real DOA.

VR is here to stay. It may not be wildly successful but it will be a niche product for the foreseeable future.

Such was 3D - a niche product for a forseeable future. 3D at least had Avatar to push it, VR has nothing up to now.

21. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 21, 2017, 14:44 El Pit

eRe4s3r wrote on Jan 21, 2017, 14:27:
I would have voted for Bane if he had run against Merkel..... that's how disillusioned I am of politics. I thought Trumps election speech was something straight out of a Game. And it's problematic no doubt when video game "speeches" resonate with me far more than real speeches. COD had a few of those, and the trailer they released with the general giving his speech imo could have been 1:1 Trumps election speech.

Weird time to be living in

Go and watch some old speeches by Helmut Schmidt. They prove that not all politicians produce only mindless drivel.

https://youtu.be/aMxJ0Kn1r6o

To all non-German speaking guys here, this is a speech by one of the most intelligent politicians EVER. Unfortunately it is in German, so you might want to skip it.

News Comments > Saturday Mobilization
5. Re: Saturday Mobilization Jan 21, 2017, 14:37 El Pit

thecakeisalie wrote on Jan 21, 2017, 13:29:
A "smartphone" being used by a raving idiot. The irony. Sorry, politics aside, I could never stand Trump.

At least it wasn't a "gift" from his good friend Vladimir.

No, but Vlad has already sent him a link to an app that he recommends: FreePussyFinder

I bet Trump did not read the ToS which reads something like this: all your phone are belong to us.

15. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 21, 2017, 13:14 El Pit

beigemore wrote on Jan 21, 2017, 12:19:
Quboid wrote on Jan 21, 2017, 11:34:
I've thought about getting a GPS collar for my cat but, ironically, I'd be worried about losing it. He wears snap collars, designed to break off so he doesn't hang himself while climbing, so every few months he comes home naked - probably just the collar getting harmlessly caught on something but I don't know.

Hopefully they will be cheaper - and smaller - in a few years' time.

I just have an iPhone embedded inside my cat and use find my iPhone. It's kind of annoying connecting the USB cable to his butthole for charging, but I have hunk he's starting to b come ok with it. It's hilarious when someone calls the phone and it starts to vibrate. I will usually do that when he's about to pounce on something. Freaks him out every time lol!!

Good that you did not use one of those Galaxy 7 as an implant.

9. Re: With Trump in Charge, Climate Change References Purged From Website. Jan 21, 2017, 12:04 El Pit

Creating his own fake news from day 1, I see.  

7. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 21, 2017, 12:02 El Pit

TangledThorns wrote on Jan 21, 2017, 11:26:
What day is it? It's President Trump day! I woke up with hope this morning and look forward to the next 8 years

We'll see if this "You Won't Believe It If You Don't Watch It" reality tv series from Washington will make it beyond season 4.

1. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Jan 21, 2017, 11:55 El Pit

3D has come and gone multiple times, it will return in 20 years or so. But at least it had some success and was better this time than back in the early 80s and 50s. Let's see if VR can at least be half as successful as this iteration of 3D has been - I dare to say it won't. Right there is your real DOA.  

1. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 21, 2017, 10:55 El Pit

The whole Divided States of America need a hug.  

News Comments > Werewolf: The Apocalypse Game Plans
15. Re: Werewolf: The Apocalypse Game Plans Jan 21, 2017, 08:09 El Pit

Hm... A werewolf with orange fur would be AWESOME! He would be a swearwolf, of course.  

66. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 21, 2017, 07:47 El Pit

Soooo... First acts included killing off public healthcare, but at least no nuclear first strikes against North Korea, Afghanistan, Pakistan, Syria, Russia, China, MEXICO, and so on. That is a 50-50 start - stupid decision made, but at least not started nuclear armageddon... Hm... For Trump's political ambitions, this actually deserves a Nobel peace prize!  

2641 Comments. 133 pages. Viewing page 18.
< Newer [ 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo