Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
San Diego, CA 08/21

Regularly scheduled events

User information for El Pit

Real Name El Pit   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Nov 29, 2000, 06:19
Total Comments 2002 (Senior)
User ID 7953

User comment history
< Newer [ 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ] Older >

News Comments > Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns Launches
26. Re: Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns Launches Oct 23, 2015, 16:44 El Pit

AngelicPenguin wrote on Oct 23, 2015, 16:33:
I don't know much about GW2, but if the game doesn't have a subscription, why would they have to thank you for anything? You paid for a game, and got a game - isn't that all there is to it?

If you had been paying a monthly subscription, then I sort of get it, but with the way the game is now, it doesn't make any sense to me.

Man, I really hit a nerve there for some people.

Whatever. As I said before: no thank you to you loyal player base is in my opinion a very bad move. Would it have hurt them big time to say "Guys, you stayed with us from the beginning, here's $5 off from the expansion for you"? But the only guys who got a present is EVERYBODY ELSE but the veterans. Is it really so difficult for a lot of you talking about "entitlement" to understand that it would have been the right move to show some gratitude to people that supported you from the beta?

But to each their own. I cannot and will not accept such a behavior and will therefore no longer buy anything with ArenaNet on it. Hey, I might be one of the lucky guys and - after the release of the next expansion - might get this one for free.

Name a single event in history where hatred, fear, and greed helped to solve a crisis.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

18. Re: Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns Launches Oct 23, 2015, 13:43 El Pit

HorrorScope wrote on Oct 23, 2015, 13:00:
Gaming Law:
If you buy early, expect to pay more. If you wait, expect to pay less.

I know! But pay less does not mean get it for free. Then again, I could agree if they gave the base game for free as long as they would in a way honor the support of those who paid for the game that they're giving away for free by offering their loyal player base a rebate on the expansion. But the veterans get NOTHING, the newbies get a complete free game. And this is plain WRONG. Oh my, whatever. Won't look back and have plenty of other games to play. ArenaNet is now on my shit list - no more money from me. That's the only message they understand. I can wait till they offer the expansion for free.

Name a single event in history where hatred, fear, and greed helped to solve a crisis.

8. Re: Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns Launches Oct 23, 2015, 11:32 El Pit

nin wrote on Oct 23, 2015, 10:22:
El Pit wrote on Oct 23, 2015, 10:21:
ArenaNet: "Thank you, Guild Wars 2 veterans for your money when you bought the base game! And here is our middle finger to you! We'll give the base game FOR FREE to our new fans! And we won't even offer a rebate on the expansion to our veterans. How do you like that?"

Me: "Easy. I won't buy your expansions. How do you like that?"

Hasn't this happened with most MMOs, outside of wow?

No. If you bought the Guild Wars 1 expansions you only got access to those new regions but not to the base game.

7. Re: Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns Launches Oct 23, 2015, 11:31 El Pit

budrojr wrote on Oct 23, 2015, 10:29:
I'm predicting you'll buy the expansion in a week or less, if you didn't actually already give in and pre-order. If you're anything like most gamers, you'll talk about holding out on buying the latest thing, but you'll cave. Maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow, but soon. Gamers always cave in.

The day I buy this is the day WoW will go f2p.

2. Re: Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns Launches Oct 23, 2015, 10:21 El Pit

ArenaNet: "Thank you, Guild Wars 2 veterans for your money when you bought the base game! And here is our middle finger to you! We'll give the base game FOR FREE to our new fans! And we won't even offer a rebate on the expansion to our veterans. How do you like that?"

Me: "Easy. I won't buy your expansions. How do you like that?"

News Comments > Activision Blizzard Opens Esports Division
8. Re: Activision Blizzard Opens Esports Division Oct 22, 2015, 13:04 El Pit

AngelicPenguin wrote on Oct 22, 2015, 12:35:
Wallshadows wrote on Oct 22, 2015, 12:33:
AngelicPenguin wrote on Oct 22, 2015, 12:08:
On the current Diablo 3 patches or the expansion? Because you guys realize they are working on another expansion for the game.

With only one panel, I doubt we'll see much, if any, of an expansion announcement. They'll likely go over 2.3, preview 2.4, and then they might get enough time to say Necromancer before running off stage.

I just mean that they most certainly have more than 5 people working on the expansion.

They got their top men working on it!

https://youtu.be/Fdjf4lMmiiI

News Comments > New Steam User Record
13. Re: New Steam User Record Oct 20, 2015, 08:54 El Pit

edaciousx wrote on Oct 19, 2015, 20:55:
coolkev99 wrote on Oct 19, 2015, 18:50:
This can't be possible. PC gaming is dead.

Isn't it funny? Few years ago all they'd do is talk smack about pc gaming and how much it sucks... Too bad publishers haven't figured it out yet, pc gaming is booming.

And those Steam numbers will easily dwarfed by the concurrent number of player in the Star Citizen universe after its release... in 2037...

News Comments > PAYDAY 2 Microtransactions
23. Re: PAYDAY 2 Microtransactions Oct 16, 2015, 17:16 El Pit

What's the surprise? I guess they called it Payday for a reason!  

News Comments > Fallout 4 Live-Action Trailer
21. Re: Fallout 4 Live-Action Trailer Oct 16, 2015, 09:43 El Pit

InBlack wrote on Oct 16, 2015, 08:58:
Also living under a rock it seems, as Ive never seen this kind of trailer for a video game before, but all of you people seem to be really familiar with them.

Oh my... LEARN!

https://youtu.be/mLg_4HsLkv0

News Comments > Fallout 4 Live-Action Trailer
15. Re: Fallout 4 Live-Action Trailer Oct 16, 2015, 07:20 El Pit

InBlack wrote on Oct 16, 2015, 06:25:
So, "live-action" does not mean "in-game"? Holy semantics Batman!

Wow! Did you really have to ask? Yes, semantics is a beast. Like "chair" is not "table".

Then again, since 8 bit graphics are the hit for a lot of people here, nobody should even question the fidelity of the graphics, right?

News Comments > Rise of Incarnates Falls
2. Re: Rise of Incarnates Falls Oct 14, 2015, 11:58 El Pit

People were dying to play this game! LITERALLY! That's why nobody played it when it got released.  

News Comments > Styx: Shards of Darkness Announced
5. Re: Styx: Shards of Darkness Announced Oct 14, 2015, 11:57 El Pit

Kxmode wrote on Oct 14, 2015, 10:10:
Thank you very much, Mr. Roboto
For doing the jobs that nobody wants to
And thank you very much, Mr. Roboto
For helping me escape

Just when I needed to
Thank you, thank you, thank you
I want to thank you
Please, thank you, oh!

Singing

I'M KILROY!

News Comments > Star Citizen Has 1M Backers; More Get Alpha Access
26. Re: Star Citizen Has 1M Backers; More Get Alpha Access Oct 14, 2015, 11:54 El Pit

Kxmode wrote on Oct 14, 2015, 11:40:
Dreagon wrote on Oct 14, 2015, 11:09:
I wonder how much of that money they're wasting on big actors?

Figure about 4-5 million per A-List actor for 4 months of voice acting and MoCap performance.

- Gary Oldman (5 million)
- Mark Hamill (5 million)
- Mark Strong (5 million)
- Gillian Anderson (4 million)
- Andy Serkis (5 million)

Then about 500k - 2 million for B,C,D-List actors for the same work.

- Sophie Wu (1 million)
- Sandi Gardiner (500k)
- Craig Fairbrass (500k)
- Liam Cunningham (2 million)
- Ben Mendelsohn (2 million)
- Ian Duncan (500k)
- Jack Huston (2 million)
- John Rhys Davies (1 million)
- Rhona Mitra (1.5 million)
- Gemma Whelan (1 million)
- Harry Treadaway (1 million)

Conservative estimated total: $37,000,000

The numbers are total rubbish. And four months for voice recordings? Those are usually done in a couple of days! Or do you think that Hamill and Co. will be moved to a hotel, waiting for their lines to be written, then moved to a studio to record the few lines, back to hotel while the authors write further dialogue? Man, I am a SC Black Knight in the eyes of the SC cultists, but your numbers are not even remote friends of the true numbers.

News Comments > Wasteland 2 Director's Cut Released
7. Re: Wasteland 2 Director's Cut Released Oct 13, 2015, 10:11 El Pit

Shineyguy wrote on Oct 13, 2015, 10:06:
Slashman wrote on Oct 13, 2015, 09:57:
Shineyguy wrote on Oct 13, 2015, 09:49:
I'm still not quite sure why a crowd funded game, which was a digital release would have a "Director's Cut"? Should the game release ALREADY BE the "Director's Cut"?

You build the game according to the funds you get and then after that, if it sells well enough, you add a bunch of extra things that you couldn't before based on the campaign.

Not sure how that's hard to understand.

You'd think at well over $3m raised it would have had the full treatment the first time...

Really? The choice was to include everything and take more time (and make some more money, because $3m for a polished game with the size of W2 is not a lot) or to release it in a solid state and, if all goes well, release a big update which is actually an upgrade with the money they made and the time they had after release of the game.

I'm happy they chose wisely and did NOT do it the Star Citizen way: add more shit and ask for more money and release videos and small tech demos.

News Comments > Star Citizen Star Cast Revealed
9. Re: Star Citizen Star Cast Revealed Oct 11, 2015, 15:35 El Pit

BadIronTree wrote on Oct 11, 2015, 15:17:
You all love to hate lol. This video was epic, even with the bugs... Please never buy the game. Better few good poeple that love space sims....

When will the movie be released? I hope they don't have to wait with the release until the game gets finished, because by then Star Wars Episode XXIV will be out and I'll have already been dead for 50 years or so...

News Comments > No Disc in Might & Magic Heroes VII Collector's Edition
3. Re: No Disc in Might & Magic Heroes VII Collector's Edition Oct 11, 2015, 15:32 El Pit

necrosis wrote on Oct 11, 2015, 15:07:
Sounds close to the MGSV physical release having a disk with only a steam installer on it.

EDIT: Wow. Apparently the EU version is shipping with disks.

Of course. Because of those totally unfair (to big companies) user protection rights in the EU, they had to actually ship the disks. But don't be afraid, with TTIP the EU consumer rights will be killed off and everything will be as great for consumers as in the US. Can I hear you jumping up and down shouting HOORAY? Or is that USA! USA!?

News Comments > Star Citizen Ship Explosion Trailer
79. Re: On the upside Oct 10, 2015, 02:11 El Pit

jdreyer wrote on Oct 9, 2015, 20:04:
El Pit wrote on Oct 9, 2015, 15:55:

Nonsense. Most blockbusters don't get early screenings. World premiere will be December 14 - early enough.

I'm also optimistic simply because it cannot be worse than episode 1. Getting kicked in the balls for two hours is more fun than ever watching that horrible garbage again.

And I'm eager to see Han and Chewie in the Falcon again, Leia (please no metal bikini anymore, thank you), and Luke as the wise Jedi master. I honestly can't wait to watch this. It will never be as good as the expectations of old Star Wars fans like me, but that's okay.

Actually, most blockbusters do early screenings then embargo the writers until a day or two before release. To not show them at all is unusual, and often combined with a massive ad campaign to get as many people into seats the first weekend as possible. It's usually an indication of poor quality in a movie.

All that being said, I'm willing to take what nin and others say at face value about riding hype and keeping the story under wraps. I've liked most of Abrams movies, so I'm not that worried (although ST:ID sucked balls).

Sorry, but you're plain wrong. Since around 2000, most blockbusters do not do early screenings. Too often those were recorded and telesyncs got spread. Therefore, no more screenings. For the few big budget movies that still do it, you'll get searched like you're a well known djihad terrorist boarding a flight to Washington. Hollywood doesn't believe in the embargos you're talking about anymore. What you wrote is no longer true, it has changed in the 2000s.

And the story of Episode VII is another reason why JJA opposes to early screenings of this movie. There hasn't been even a single official trailer yet, just teasers. A trailer may come out in November, and this is it. He doesn't want to show his cards too early, that's why we didn't get a real trailer yet.

News Comments > Star Citizen Ship Explosion Trailer
61. Re: On the upside Oct 9, 2015, 15:55 El Pit

jdreyer wrote on Oct 9, 2015, 15:08:
Slashman wrote on Oct 9, 2015, 14:31:
ELITE wrote on Oct 9, 2015, 13:35:
On the upside these guys weren't working on the new Star Wars movie.

For some reason I'm kind of optimistic for the new Star Wars movie. I want to believe...

I heard they're not doing early screenings. That doesn't bode well.

Nonsense. Most blockbusters don't get early screenings. World premiere will be December 14 - early enough.

I'm also optimistic simply because it cannot be worse than episode 1. Getting kicked in the balls for two hours is more fun than ever watching that horrible garbage again.

And I'm eager to see Han and Chewie in the Falcon again, Leia (please no metal bikini anymore, thank you), and Luke as the wise Jedi master. I honestly can't wait to watch this. It will never be as good as the expectations of old Star Wars fans like me, but that's okay.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
7. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 9, 2015, 10:57 El Pit

Happy birthday, Blue's News! Great job you're doing, Blue. I've been following this site since 1998, I think, and I come here daily. Except for some job-related sites I don't visit websites on a daily basis, so that proves what your site means to people like me. Keep up the amazing work, and thank you, thank you, and thank you. Allthumbsup  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
20. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 8, 2015, 14:08 El Pit

SlimRam wrote on Oct 8, 2015, 12:29:
Daniel Craig Is Very Much Over Playing Bond.

*Scratching my head* I don't quite get why he's so pissed and apparently done with the role? What got the actor to the point that he hates doing the movies so much? Perhaps they kept making his martinis stirred???

No, he isn't. It's just typical bad journalism. He said that NOW he would rather slit his wrists than play Bond again. RIGHT NOW. After filming SPECTRE. And this is understandable. Read the interview, he is fed up with Bond right now, but he is not talking at all about never playing him again.

No, not at the moment. Not at all. That's fine. I'm over it at the moment. We're done. All I want to do is move on. I haven't given it any thought. For at least a year or two, I just don't want to think about it.

2002 Comments. 101 pages. Viewing page 17.
< Newer [ 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo