Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for El Pit

Real Name El Pit   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Nov 29, 2000, 06:19
Total Comments 3243 (Veteran)
User ID 7953

User comment history
< Newer [ 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ] Older >

News Comments > MS Acquisition Rumor Targets include EA, Valve, & PUBG
35. Re: MS Acquisition Rumor Targets include EA, Valve, & PUBG Jan 30, 2018, 03:00 El Pit

EA? A marriage made in hell - MS and EA deserve each other.

Valve? As long as it is just the mostly dead Valve AND NOT STEAM (!!!), I am fine with it.

PUBG? Never played it, never will (I burned out of multiplayer shooters in the mid to late 90s), so I don't care.

Hell, MS could buy them all and nothing would actually change. Sure, they would run them into the ground but then again when did those companies last release something really great?

They're waiting for you, Gabe, in the test chamber!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
16. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 29, 2018, 12:52 El Pit

The Duke duking it out with the aliens - what great memories! Awesome game back in the time. Fun weapons, great maps, hilarious main character, some great ideas when it comes to the opponents - much better than so many modern loot box ridden shooters (mostly 3rd person console trash) done by the numbers.  

News Comments > Are "Let's Play" Streams Legal?
32. Re: Money Jan 29, 2018, 12:38 El Pit

ExGemini wrote on Jan 29, 2018, 10:50:
If there is money to make, big company will start to sue or dish out contracts for let's players.
We all know how things works nowdays.

/EndThread

News Comments > CIG Responds to Crytek
3. Re: CIG Responds to Crytek Jan 28, 2018, 15:28 El Pit

jdreyer wrote on Jan 28, 2018, 14:51:
I have little interest in who "wins" this. It's just another distraction that delays work on this game.

They will use this as the next excuse. "Sorry, our lawyers could not work on new code for the game because they worked on the upcoming trial."

And the members of the SC sect will swallow it and shake their fists at evil Crytek. You will see!

10. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 27, 2018, 05:07 El Pit

All ye Bruces, enjoy your boiling beer in the Outback today! Cheers, mates!  

News Comments > Paragon Closing in April; Refunds Offered
12. Re: Paragon Closing in April; Refunds Offered Jan 27, 2018, 04:54 El Pit

Epic manager: But... but... MOBA = $$$! NOOOO! WE WANTZ PROFITZ! Okay, okay, relax, breathe... Okay. Better. So, which bandwagon can we hop on next? Should be something without a story or offline gameplay or any single-player at all, this would be too much work. Let's check what games make big money... Alright. Hey, guys, does anybody know what this World of Warcraft thingy is? Let's do a MORPG - whatever this is! Coding peons, get to work!

EPIC Fail - The Sequel is officially in the works!

News Comments > Star Citizen Website Relaunches, Offers New Trailer
16. Re: Star Citizen Website Relaunches, Offers New Trailer Jan 26, 2018, 16:32 El Pit

Flatline wrote on Jan 26, 2018, 12:56:
35 minutes of almost zero footage of the game.

This bodes well.

Also I got the Squadron 42 email last night and was like "oh did they make some progress?"

No. No they didn't. But you can buy a tshirt!

At least they are not trying to sell you a JPG of a t-shirt that will still be in the works for a decade - before getting scrapped.

News Comments > Star Citizen Website Relaunches, Offers New Trailer
15. Re: Star Citizen Website Relaunches, Offers New Trailer Jan 26, 2018, 16:29 El Pit

Cutter wrote on Jan 26, 2018, 11:01:
And how much is he charging to access this new website now?

They could sell JPGs of screenshots of the new website or even better the website how it could look like after the next overhaul next year.

News Comments > Civilization VI: Rise and Fall Scotland Trailer
1. Re: Civilization VI: Rise and Fall Scotland Trailer Jan 25, 2018, 12:32 El Pit

You take the high road and I take the low road,
And I'll be in Scotland befoooooore you.

https://youtu.be/rbb9aRSQpsY

News Comments > New Dragon Age Game in the Works
23. Re: New Dragon Age Game in the Works Jan 25, 2018, 12:27 El Pit

DA:O was by far the best game but I did like DA2 quite a bit. DA:I looked great but was a bit too repetitive and grindy IMO. I hope for something that plays like DA:O and partially DA2 but looks as good as DA:I.

Oh, AND FIX THAT GODDAMNED CAMERA BUG YOU NEVER CARED ABOUT IN DA:I. Don't do this again in the new Dragon Age because I would not buy it even for $10 if the camera is as broken as it is in DA:I.

18. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 23, 2018, 17:48 El Pit

Damn, Blue. I hope all works out well in the end.  

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
12. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jan 23, 2018, 17:24 El Pit

Cutter wrote on Jan 23, 2018, 11:23:
El Pit wrote on Jan 23, 2018, 09:46:
Cutter wrote on Jan 22, 2018, 21:43:
This isn't about helping coal, it's about helping America's solar industry. 80% of all panels are imported? That's insane. Not just for the jobs it costs America, but the environmental impact as well. Protectionism is a good thing. Our economies were never stronger than when we had strong trade barriers and strong unions. No, credit where credit is due, Trump is right on this one. We need a lot more of this. Fuck "Free Trade" and let's get back to Fair Trade.

And so the trade wars started and other countries protected their markets just like the US. Suddenly all prices went up all over the world and poverty spread like Starbucks - oh how, do I ask, could this happen?

Clearly economics or history for that matter aren't your forte. Reread what I said. Our economies and quality of life were never better than prior to "free" trade. Protectionism builds strong economies. Just look at China. That's how America used to work - net exporter. Now they're a net importer and the middle-class is almost gone with the overwhleming majority of people sliding into poor while the top 5% have gone from owning about 30% of the country's wealth to over 80% of it now. Get a clue.

Cutter, try to understand (like Trump should) that there are other big economical powers that would do the same. And now try to imagine what would happen? Rrrright. Now you got it. It is not just the US that can play this game and Trump (and you) should know that those other countries would put a tax on anything with "Made in the US" on it which would not help your exports which means: rrright again, your exports would go DOWN. But "clearly economics or history for that matter..."

Oh, wait. Sorry. You're Cutter. Forget it. Those rules may not apply in the Cutterverse. /hugsCutter

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
9. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jan 23, 2018, 09:46 El Pit

Cutter wrote on Jan 22, 2018, 21:43:
This isn't about helping coal, it's about helping America's solar industry. 80% of all panels are imported? That's insane. Not just for the jobs it costs America, but the environmental impact as well. Protectionism is a good thing. Our economies were never stronger than when we had strong trade barriers and strong unions. No, credit where credit is due, Trump is right on this one. We need a lot more of this. Fuck "Free Trade" and let's get back to Fair Trade.

And so the trade wars started and other countries protected their markets just like the US. Suddenly all prices went up all over the world and poverty spread like Starbucks - oh how, do I ask, could this happen?

News Comments > Rust Leaving Early Access in February
7. Re: Rust Leaving Early Access in February Jan 23, 2018, 09:40 El Pit

So, Rust is about as much REALLY leaving early access as Star Citizen is an actual game right now? There is some resemblance there...  

News Comments > More on Crytek's Star Citizen Lawsuit
35. Re: More on Crytek's Star Citizen Lawsuit Jan 21, 2018, 09:38 El Pit

What?! Crytek vs. CIG?

https://youtu.be/Gqw1FI1hfJA

News Comments > PUBG Cheaters and Not Cheaters Identified
7. Re: PUBG Cheaters and Not Cheaters Identified Jan 19, 2018, 13:22 El Pit

"We know where they are and we will find them!" (Donald Rumsfeld)  

News Comments > Activision CEO Leaving
2. Re: Activision CEO Leaving Jan 19, 2018, 01:10 El Pit

Kxmode wrote on Jan 18, 2018, 21:28:
I nominate Chris Roberts. He leads a company with the ability to sell JPGs for $350 a pop.

Best choice! Get money without releasing a game! Shareholders got a boner right now just thinking of this!

News Comments > Metal Gear Survive to Require Internet Connection, Offer Microtransactions
3. Re: Metal Gear Survive to Require Internet Connection, Offer Microtransactions Jan 18, 2018, 12:43 El Pit

After all, it is metal gEAr solid, right?  

News Comments > Petroglyph Sought Star Wars: Empire At War Sequel
10. Re: Petroglyph Sought Star Wars: Empire At War Sequel Jan 18, 2018, 12:41 El Pit

Creston wrote on Jan 18, 2018, 12:35:
El Pit wrote on Jan 18, 2018, 12:24:
So we can assume that the Mousepire went for the biggest check and not for the best games

Well, duh. It's Disney. Don't let that name make you think they're this benevolent, friendly corporation. They're 10000000000000000% about money money money money money money money money money money.

But with Marvel they have proven that they can go for quality AND cash. There was hope for Star Wars but except for Rogue One I don't like any of their movies or games (EA and mobile).

News Comments > Petroglyph Sought Star Wars: Empire At War Sequel
8. Re: Petroglyph Sought Star Wars: Empire At War Sequel Jan 18, 2018, 12:24 El Pit

BWAHAHAHAHA - WHAT? EA should greenlight a single-player game with a real story as a background? No Pay2Win DLCs, no complete control of the contents/the game via EA only servers? Hi-la-ri-ous!

It is time for EA to burn and crash. This is THE ONLY WAY we will ever get to play another REAL single-player story game. Let CD Project work on a great Witcher like RPG, let Larian work on an RPG like Divinity: Original Sin, let id Software/Bethesda work on a shooter like Doom or an RPG like Skyrim, let Petroglyph work on another RTS, let Obisidan work on a game like Fallout: New Vegas... So many possibilities, but Sith Lord Diznee chose... EA. Most hated company for how many years? So we can assume that the Mousepire went for the biggest check and not for the best games - makes sense if you are only in it for the money, makes absolutely no sense if you are a fan of a franchise as many over at LucasDisney have so often claimed to be.

3243 Comments. 163 pages. Viewing page 16.
< Newer [ 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo