Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for El Pit

Real Name El Pit   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Nov 29, 2000, 06:19
Total Comments 2049 (Senior)
User ID 7953

User comment history
< Newer [ 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ] Older >

News Comments > Crusader Kings II: Conclave Announced
8. Re: Crusader Kings II: Conclave Announced Jan 7, 2016, 13:30 El Pit

OPTIMIZED FOR OCULUS RIFT!!!

Okay, just kidding.

Name a single event in history where hatred, fear, and greed helped to solve a crisis.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Oculus Rift $599
2. Re: Oculus Rift $599 Jan 6, 2016, 11:55 El Pit

And it's even more pricey outside the US. A great market penetration is guaranteed and will make adaption a no-brainer. Then most game production will thankfully embrace VR and...

Ah, who am I kidding? Won't work this way unless they print an Apple on it, then it will sell even for $899 and will be THE thing to have in 2016.

Name a single event in history where hatred, fear, and greed helped to solve a crisis.

News Comments > Steam Subscriber Agreement Updated
7. Re: Steam Subscriber Agreement Updated Jan 2, 2016, 17:29 El Pit

NKD wrote on Jan 2, 2016, 17:20:
El Pit wrote on Jan 2, 2016, 15:07:
Nothing changes for European customers... except for that tax evasion move of Valve by moving to Luxembourg!

I think you misread the notice. The bulk of their business, digital content and services, is moving FROM Luxembourg to their main US entity. While the hardware side of things is now being handled in Luxembourg, which is a lot smaller part of their business.

I see. I just read the whole notice on Steam. The move back to the States is a good move for the US and a good move by Valve/Steam. But for their hardware business in the EU, they will use the tax shelter. *sigh*

That European Union... is just so ridiculous. You can watch Luxembourg's former prime minister Juncker in the European Council talking about how all tax shelters will be brought down and meanwhile in his country he has been working on tax evasion schemes to screw over the other European countries. Politics at its best.

5. Re: Steam Subscriber Agreement Updated Jan 2, 2016, 16:53 El Pit

ZeroPike1 wrote on Jan 2, 2016, 16:33:
The only thing they are ducking away from is more European Pro-Consumer laws. Note they said they will "with respect to RELEVANT European laws" So in other words only what they want to follow or what is court ordered after a lawsuit which is a bit harder to accomplish over here.

Wrong. They are mostly ducking taxes. Luxembourg, the Netherlands, Ireland, and a few other countries in Europe are offering tax evasion schemes to companies to lure them into their countries. This way the people in Europe get the short stick.

See? It's all about making more PROFIT! It also means that there is no such thing as a European "Union". It's just a pipe dream of some politicians.

3. Re: Steam Subscriber Agreement Updated Jan 2, 2016, 15:57 El Pit

RedEye9 wrote on Jan 2, 2016, 15:37:
El Pit wrote on Jan 2, 2016, 15:07:
Nothing changes for European customers... except for that tax evasion move of Valve by moving to Luxembourg!

Yeah, cuz Luxembourg is not in Europe! That will show those Europeaners.

Learn a bit about taxes and Europe before posting. I give you a hint: taxes in European countries differ a lot. Now read a bit and try again.

1. Re: Steam Subscriber Agreement Updated Jan 2, 2016, 15:07 El Pit

News Comments > On Sale
2. Re: On Sale Jan 2, 2016, 15:05 El Pit

Do it! And don't get fooled by the beginning - the real game starts AFTER the first 60 to 90 minutes in the castle. And then the whole game opens up and is both hilarious and exciting at times.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
31. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 2, 2016, 12:45 El Pit

Pigeon wrote on Jan 2, 2016, 12:40:
You don't need to go to those lengths to address the problem. A more stringent licensure process, bans on texting and non-hands free phone use and better enforcement/higher penalties for those actually breaking the laws.

True, but you would need a lot of police and judges to enforce these laws. Since everybody thinks paying taxes is the devil but police and judges are paid for with tax money, I doubt that this system would work unless more taxes would be collected and would REALLY be used for police and justice system. Can't see that happen with democrats or republicans or retards (i.e. the Trump followers).

28. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 2, 2016, 12:23 El Pit

Pigeon wrote on Jan 2, 2016, 12:12:
I think we should also be focusing on auto fatalities/accidents, but that doesn't mean there isn't a better way to handle our gun violence issue. I do find it amazing how much resistance there is to cellphone/texting bans when the data shows how similar it is to driving under the influence. When I see someone all over the road now I don't assume they're drunk I assume they're on the phone; which is usually confirmed with a visual check.

Focusing on auto fatalities and accidents, TOO, is of course right. Problem: it would mean to take away personal liberty from the drivers, like built-in and unblockable speed control. Or a GPS transmitter in every car so the driver can get his ass sued for speeding. Who would really want that no matter how many lifes would be saved?

25. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 2, 2016, 12:08 El Pit

Agent.X7 wrote on Jan 2, 2016, 10:54:
At the risk of angering the anti-gun people on Blues, this is why I laugh every time Obama gives crocodile tears on the TV about "gun violence" and vows to do som

Your brain called. It said you left it at a party last night.

Car - means of transportation
Gun - means of killing

Yep, absolutely comparable. I drove my gun last night, it was awesome.

Understand? A gun can ONLY be used for violence (violence includes harassment and intimidation, by the way, not only shooting). A car can be used to kill, harass and intimidate, too, but that it is definitely by far not its main purpose.

19. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 2, 2016, 07:48 El Pit

Happy New Year!

Steam is off to a good start! Purchase as a gift is not working right now, and the forum section is offline, too. WOW!

News Comments > Oculus Touch Controllers Delayed
4. Re: Oculus Touch Controllers Delayed Jan 1, 2016, 16:44 El Pit

I felt a great disturbance in the huge vr market, as if a few dozens of potential buyers suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced.  

20. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 1, 2016, 03:51 El Pit

Happy new year to you all, guys!

Slight headache. One of those beers must have been beyond its expiration date.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
8. Re: Evening Metaverse Dec 31, 2015, 05:41 El Pit

WOW! They must have quantum computers at the NSA now dealing with all this information being rerouted to and processed by their servers!  

News Comments > Steam Christmas Issues Explained
13. Re: Steam Christmas Issues Explained Dec 31, 2015, 05:34 El Pit

ZeroPike1 wrote on Dec 31, 2015, 05:21:
El Pit wrote on Dec 31, 2015, 05:14:
ZeroPike1 wrote on Dec 31, 2015, 03:51:
When this happened all they had to do was even put up a Steam service is down due to technical issues message.

Helo, Staem is doun for mandenanse. Ve are sory ve haev sirius teknikal prolbems. Pliese iknor anny confedentail infromatoin of other usrs you cann sea hear. You're info iss saif with uss!

I assume your making fun of a person with bad English typing a fake message into Steam. Not creative and you wasted your time. Even more so the facts show it was at worse a DDoS which is not hacking. Its an annoyance tool and a system destroyer at worst, not a Hacker.

Sory me is for yuo nod speaking funy. I hev gate bisiness oportunitee for yu. If yuo gif me your akount nummber, I vil sent you monney.

Yur frennds from Staem!

DON'T DO IT!

https://youtu.be/IlMoDUBIg00

This comment was edited on Dec 31, 2015, 05:39.

News Comments > Steam Christmas Issues Explained
11. Re: Steam Christmas Issues Explained Dec 31, 2015, 05:14 El Pit

ZeroPike1 wrote on Dec 31, 2015, 03:51:
When this happened all they had to do was even put up a Steam service is down due to technical issues message.

Helo, Staem is doun for mandenanse. Ve are sory ve haev sirius teknikal prolbems. Pliese iknor anny confedentail infromatoin of other usrs you cann sea hear. You're info iss saif with uss!

27. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 29, 2015, 07:24 El Pit

Kxmode wrote on Dec 29, 2015, 00:28:
Saw The Force Awakens tonight for the fourth time. I think I'm done. I enjoyed every minute of it just as much as the first time. Episode 8 is going to be awesome!

Masochism really is your thing, it seems?

26. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 29, 2015, 07:21 El Pit

Damn, what horrible news...

Rest in pease, Lemmy. You had a great run! Rock on on the other side, Lemmy.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
3. Re: Morning Tech Bits Dec 28, 2015, 12:15 El Pit

To destroy a hard drive permanently, just let your young son/daughter/nephew/niece just use the computer as they see fit. After 60 minutes, the boot sector will be a deadly snakepit full of viruses, trojans, and everything you do not want on your system.
Now just unplug it and hand it over to somebody you really hate and tell them: "I trust you. Can you please destroy this hard drive? There's some personal info, pics and mail on it, so please don't look at it. Thanks!"
Problem solved!

News Comments > New Star Citizen Alpha
21. Re: New Star Citizen Alpha Dec 26, 2015, 11:44 El Pit

Pineapple Ferguson wrote on Dec 26, 2015, 10:49:
Kosumo wrote on Dec 26, 2015, 01:15:
His live stream video of him playing the game a few days ago says it all.

Wow, was that painful.

I watched this and... BWAHAHAHAHA! This is hilarious!

2049 Comments. 103 pages. Viewing page 16.
< Newer [ 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo