Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for El Pit

Real Name El Pit   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Nov 29, 2000, 06:19
Total Comments 2089 (Senior)
User ID 7953

User comment history
< Newer [ 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ] Older >

News Comments > Mass Effect Andromeda Delayed
11. Re: Mass Effect Andromeda Delayed Mar 2, 2016, 11:46 El Pit

It takes some extra time to write and produce the purple ending. Those things don't program themselves, you know.  
Name a single event in history where hatred, fear, and greed helped to solve a crisis.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Evening Interviews
10. Re: Evening Interviews Mar 1, 2016, 08:40 El Pit

10 for the Chariman

1. When will Squadron 42 be released?
2. Okaaay, when will the first episode of Squadron 42 be released?
3. No, not a tech demo that will hightlight the polishing of the flight lieutenant's shoes, I mean the FULL episode. Wait, full episode? How about all episodes?!
4. Alright, soooo, how about the multiplayer game? Release date?
5. Yes, I know you have put out several release dates up to now, but how about the REAL release date?
6. No, *sigh* NOT THE TECH DEMO! THE COMPLETE MULTIPLAYER GAME!!!
7. The what module? Is this the name for the complete game? No? So, when will the "persistent universe" be released FOR REAL, I ask persistently.
8. Yes, I know that dates may shift, but they have done so already a couple of times, right? And once again, I am not asking for the release date of a tech demo, a module, an episode, or the next ship design... No, I... NO, I DO NOT WANT TO "UPGRADE" MY PLEDGE AND BUY A BETTER SHIP FOR REAL $$$. Just when...
9. Okay, so when will... Aha. After Star Marine is finished?! I thought you scrapped this module and just took parts and...
10. Okay, last one for you. Can I get out of this somehow? Please? PRETTY PLEASE?

Name a single event in history where hatred, fear, and greed helped to solve a crisis.

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
3. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Feb 27, 2016, 17:47 El Pit

GabeN got angry? THIS IS IT! He is nervous because of the imminent release of Half-Life 2 Episode 3! THIS IS IT, GUYS!!!  

News Comments > Postal Redux This Spring
8. Re: Postal Redux This Spring Feb 25, 2016, 16:11 El Pit

Maybe they will turn the citizens into immigrants. Should sell a ton over in Europe!  

News Comments > DOOM Uncut for Germany
21. Re: DOOM Uncut for Germany Feb 25, 2016, 13:57 El Pit

Muscular Beaver wrote on Feb 25, 2016, 13:43:
[
Oh god, you make obvious that there is no point showing you facts. Blind ideology. Nothing can punch through that. Religious people prove that every day.
Have a nice day, but dont come running here once youre confronted with cold hard reality.

Look into a mirror, dude.

Yes, they are all criminals. There are 1.5 million criminals - by birth? Do you really believe that they are ALL criminals? REALLY? They walk through deserts, use small boats to cross the Mediterranean Sea, they WALK through more than half of Europe just to escape a WAR. Do you have German parents or grandparents? Ask them what they did in late 1944/early 1945. Most of them became refugees and immigrants themselves, and of course, they were all criminals, too, right?

And what is your alternative? Walls? Mines? Guards shooting at unarmed refugees?

The shame is that most European countries just turn away and do NOTHING. The oh so faithful roman-catholic Poland forgets everything about their oh so precious Christian ideals and just ignores people starving at the borders. So much about religious people - aren't most Christians fans of YOUR point of view? That is a very interesting approach to Christian ideals, I have to say. Don't share, don't help, just ignore and/or hate. Yep, sounds very much like Jesus to me.

Whatever. People will leave their countries when everything they know and love gets destroyed. It doesn't matter if a Russian, Syrian, Turkish, ISIS, Al Nusra, or US bomb hits your home or block - the effect is pretty much the same. So families run for their lifes and look for places that could offer a new home and a peaceful life. This has happened for thousands of year and will never stop or get stopped.

18. Re: DOOM Uncut for Germany Feb 25, 2016, 13:34 El Pit

CJ_Parker wrote on Feb 25, 2016, 13:18:
Fuck this country at the moment. Seriously.

Hello my AfD friend, you DO know that a lot more rapes in 2015 were commited by Germans than by immigrants? Yes, Cologne was horrible and the hundreds of idiots should be kicked out of the country, but you should understand that out of more than a million immigrants, there HAVE to be criminals among them. No, they are not all saints coming to Germany, just like the Germans are not all saints. But that is how it goes: less than 1% are criminals, so they ALL are criminals. That's exactly how fascism works.

About local police reports: there have been some reports that in some places, police would not report the nationality of criminals being caught to a) not feed the fires already burning (again, people will point out EVERY SINGLE immigrant commiting a crime, because not a single report goes "German Rapes Girl", but would definitely write "Immigrant Rapes Girl" if this shit happens) and b) not to be called racists themselves. But if YOU would check your own newspaper, you might find LOTS of reports by police officers themselves exposing lies about "crimes by immigrants" in their area that actually never happened. Now, some people will say that those officers are bought or put under pressure to lie, but is that not a clear sign of paranoia?

Yes, there are immigrants who will not even accept talking to a female police officer, but so are some German criminals, too. They don't think of women as equal - see, it's not an "immigrant" thing, it's a sexist thing.

Saying that the media, the police, the government are all lying is also sounding pretty paranoid. Even worse than those guys criticizing Windows 10 while using Android mobile phones.

And about those crimes: I've provided a link to a website dealing with fake reports about crimes commited by immigrants. Go, take a look, maybe some stories you heard about shit supposedly going down in your area might be wrong, too.

15. Re: DOOM Uncut for Germany Feb 25, 2016, 12:47 El Pit

Muscular Beaver wrote on Feb 25, 2016, 12:11:
nin wrote on Feb 25, 2016, 11:58:
Ahumado wrote on Feb 25, 2016, 11:52:
If the country lets women get raped and attacked by immigrants then denies it happens....fake violence should be entirely acceptable.

I'll give that a 5/10...some effort to troll, but not too much.

Its funny how people dont believe that actually happens here. Well, I didnt either at first.
I assure you, it happens. A lot.
They even admit it. They say they are not reporting about it, are manipulating statistics and let them run to not strengthen the extreme right wingers in their arguments, to preserve peace.

I assure you. It does NOT happen a lot. It's about as often an immigrant commiting a crime as it is a German. Of course, nazis and fascists post lies and fake stories about crimes and even use photoshop to forge "proof photos". There are already a lot of websites in Germany dealing with this and exposing the lies like this one (in German), but of course that won't stop idiots from hating and lying. Like always in history, people are afraid of everything new, foreign, and strange and initially react with fear and rejection. That is why immigration and integration are processes that happen over decades and generations.

One thing, of course, is true: criminals are not bound to cultures and nationalities, there are dangerous individuals in every country, culture, and religion. If you write an article with a headline "Immigrant steals purse from elderly lady", most people will go "SEE?! These ungrateful assholes are all scumbags!". You will, of course, never read a headline "US (or German) citizen steals purse from elderly lady", because the fact that it was a fellow citizen is not newsworthy. See how it works?

This comment was edited on Feb 25, 2016, 13:04.

News Comments > Start Wars Battlefront Patch Adds Map
5. Re: Start Wars Battlefront Patch Adds Map Feb 23, 2016, 12:24 El Pit

More people might join in later - these Wars have just Started, right?  

News Comments > Insurgency: Sandstorm Announced
3. Re: Insurgency: Sandstorm Announced Feb 23, 2016, 12:23 El Pit

SpectralMeat wrote on Feb 23, 2016, 11:36:
I'll keep an eye on this one. I did like the previous Insurgency game.

It's a remake, so it's no new game. If you liked it before, then you would like it again - same game, but prettier.

News Comments > On XCOM 2 Framerate Issues
24. Re: On XCOM 2 Framerate Issues Feb 21, 2016, 10:51 El Pit

cmdrfunk wrote on Feb 21, 2016, 10:00:
I can honestly say that we didn’t know it would be this way at launch.

I just don't believe him. SLI doesn't work just like the first one, which is a straight up choice to make those of us with it have lower framerates. Also, the XcomEngine.ini mods are the same ones as the first one that need to be done to optimize things a bit and get rid of some of the stutter. Why aren't they default?

And I really don't have some mystery machine where these performance issues wouldn't come up in testing. I have like a 3-4 year old GTX 670 (SLI) and a i7-920 from 2010. This isn't some weird configuration or state of the art system where the kinks aren't all worked out. It's standard as hell.

There's no way they didn't know that MSAA was a superhog while FXAA was decent either. There's just no way.

"Some users." No, all users. Every person I've talked to IRL has issues to some degree or another. And it goes beyond framerate. People are being SHOT THROUGH WALLS, which is why I haven't even played past the tutorial. I'm not going to play a difficult game with permadeath where I can lose cheaply by magic bullets.

So, if this game was called XCOM 2: Arkham Alien, the people would have foam at their mouth and would be chanting "REFUNDS!" while they would gather around bonfires with pitchforks in their hands?

News Comments > EA Asks About Interest in Dragon Age Tactics
20. Re: EA Asks About Interest in Dragon Age Tactics Feb 21, 2016, 09:22 El Pit

Would I play a Dragon Age Tactics game?
Only on PC.

Let me add: I have no problem with DA: Tactics being produced for PC and mobile and consoles (IIRC XCOM was also released as a mobile game?), but I don't play games on consoles because I will never buy one and I don't play games on my mobile because of the tiny screen. So it's not a pc elitist thing, okay?

And I neither tweet nor Facebook, so you get my answer here.

News Comments > On XCOM 2 Framerate Issues
19. Re: On XCOM 2 Framerate Issues Feb 21, 2016, 09:00 El Pit

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Feb 21, 2016, 08:04:
Jerykk wrote on Feb 21, 2016, 05:58:
Did you... did you just compare copyright law to slavery?

Apparently they did. Copyright laws are broken as fuck, but comparable to slavery? They're just insane.

It's Suppa7. He uses everything to support his idea that piracy is great and games should be free.

He is using fake and semiknowledge and embarrasses himself all too often. Slavery, Marxism, he uses his (usually not well founded) interpretations to support his twisted point of view. Just ignore him, it makes life easier. We here at Blue's News are no replacement for psychotherapy and can only offer limited socialization.

News Comments > etc., etc.
13. Re: etc., etc. Feb 16, 2016, 10:28 El Pit

Creston wrote on Feb 16, 2016, 09:50:
Hahaha. Reminds me of the time when a girl from the helpdesk sent a ticket over to us, in which she said that the user complained of a hard dick problem. I Skyped her and asked if she really thought that was something we could/should help with.

She blushed quite cutely.

Laugh2

She wanted to hand this problem over to you because it was blown out of proportion!

News Comments > etc., etc.
10. Re: etc., etc. Feb 16, 2016, 09:24 El Pit

nin wrote on Feb 15, 2016, 19:52:
I AM NIU!

Actually, you are NUN!

News Comments > Out of the Blue
3. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 14, 2016, 13:51 El Pit

Talked to somebody working on UHD transfers today. He told me they are actually using the 2k intermediates and blow them up to 4k resolution for the coming first uhd discs. WOW! I guess it's better to wait and buy some real 4k transfers in a couple of years.  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
6. Re: Steam Top 10 Feb 14, 2016, 13:47 El Pit

DAMN! I preordered XCOM2 and have absolutely not enough time to play it. WOULD YOU KINDLY pay me to play games? (ref. Frank Fontaine/Atlas)  

News Comments > Saturday Legal Briefs
28. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Feb 14, 2016, 13:44 El Pit

Muscular Beaver wrote on Feb 14, 2016, 13:32:
Yeah, sure, thats how good changes in the past have always happened, huh?
If enough people get angry, changes happen. They wont get angry if they keep themselves numb with any kind of addiction.

“Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.” – Yoda

Good luck. I mean it. Take your boulder, Sisyphus, and have your go. Making people overcome fear and egoism is as much a realistic goal as walking from Earth to Mars by foot.

26. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Feb 14, 2016, 13:21 El Pit

Muscular Beaver wrote on Feb 14, 2016, 12:34:
El Pit wrote on Feb 14, 2016, 11:48:
Yes, I like being lulled. It's better to have fun with games, life, and whatever you do than actually take a step back and analyze what is really going on. It would be the fastest way into a clinical depression.

And also coincidentally the fastest way to solve "whats really going on".

No it would not. You would find out that human beings are just apes with less hair and that they talk about changes that they neither REALLY want or would accept. And therefore, it's the fastest way into a clinical depression. It's better to accept that we are animals and adore every sunbeam and everything beautiful nature is throwing at us.

EDIT: And to enjoy games, of course. How could I forget about those?

24. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Feb 14, 2016, 11:48 El Pit

Suppa7, Marx would slap you in the face and tell you that games are just another opium for the people and that he therefore condemns playing those games because they are a means of oppression, to lull people who would otherwise fight the oppression.

Yes, I like being lulled. It's better to have fun with games, life, and whatever you do than actually take a step back and analyze what is really going on. It would be the fastest way into a clinical depression.

4. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Feb 13, 2016, 15:11 El Pit

Brumbek trying his best to justify what he intended to do from the beginning... Obvious.

Brumbek orders a pizza. The pizza is not okay, so he asks for a refund. Problem solved.

Brumbek buys a game from Steam. The game is not okay. so he asks for a refund. Problem solved.

But Brumbek says Nooooo, not good enough. I need to eat at least half of the pizza, ahm, play hours of the game.

Dear reader, judge for yourself.

There is actually one reason I can accept to pirate the game: if the game is not at all or only in a censored version available to you and cannot be gifted or in any other way activated by you. Which means: the idiots don't want to sell the game to you but to mostly everybody else. Then a pirated copy seems to be the only way you can play the game you would otherwise pay for.

2089 Comments. 105 pages. Viewing page 15.
< Newer [ 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo