Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

User information for El Pit

Real Name El Pit   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Nov 29, 2000, 06:19
Total Comments 2828 (Senior)
User ID 7953

User comment history
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

News Comments > Next Dragon Age Discussion
5. Re: Next Dragon Age Discussion May 22, 2017, 12:37 El Pit

Dear Dragon Age team, here is something for you discuss... HOW CAN YOU FIX THE BROKEN CAMERA IN THE PC VERSION OF DRAGON AGE: INQUISITION FOR THE PLANNED SEQUEL/PREQUEL?!!!! Instead of you releasing a patch people had to use a mod to fix it. Lazy, lazy, lazy! In some small/low rooms you could not target your spells, sometimes you could not zoom out correctly. I liked the game itself, but these problems should have been recognized during production or AT LEAST fixed by a day 1 patch.

After all, I am interested in more Dragon Age, just make sure that the windows version does not need mods to work properly.

They're waiting for you, Gabe, in the test chamber!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
21. Re: Saturday Tech Bits May 20, 2017, 17:34 El Pit

ledhead1969 wrote on May 20, 2017, 16:57:
The market dictates the value of labor.

We could find Bin Laden, now somebody go and find that "Market" guy and do the very same thing to him. MOVE MOVE MOVE!

20. Re: Saturday Tech Bits May 20, 2017, 17:32 El Pit

ledhead1969 wrote on May 20, 2017, 13:27:
They switch to robots because who in their right mind would pay some idiot $15 to flip burgers or move boxes.

*Beep* Welcome to Binary Burgers! *BEEP* Do you want your burger raw or burnt to ashes?

Uhm... Medium?

*Beep* We are BINARY Burgers! *Beep* Do you want your burger raw or burnt to ashes?

18. Re: Saturday Tech Bits May 20, 2017, 17:29 El Pit

GinRummy wrote on May 20, 2017, 12:27:
We need to build a huge EMP wall to keep the robots out! And we can make the robots build it, too.

And who is gonna pay for it? THE ROBOTS! In Bitcoin!

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
6. Re: Morning Safety Dance May 18, 2017, 12:43 El Pit

An ASUS board I had ages ago was one of the first featuring live updates via the internet. And ASUS released one BIOS update that killed the board. They took it down just minutes after it had killed my board (and that of other people, too). A friend of mine re-flashed the BIOS chip at work which saved me. I have never used a live update for a mainboard again. Lesson learned!  

News Comments > Reservoir Dogs: Bloody Days Released
1. Re: Reservoir Dogs: Bloody Days Released May 18, 2017, 12:25 El Pit

I think the whole point of this movie was that Tarantino is a van Gogh fan.  

News Comments > Ubisoft Financials Reveal Far Cry 5 and The Crew 2
20. Re: Ubisoft Financials Reveal Far Cry 5 and The Crew 2 May 17, 2017, 12:00 El Pit

VaranDragon wrote on May 17, 2017, 07:28:
I liked Blood Dragon the best. Sure it was a pure nostalgia trip, but was fun as hell. Bring on Blood Dragon 2.

Absolutely true! How I could I forget about this wonderful 80s throwback? I want a trilogy:
Blood Dragon
Chrome Dragon
Neon Dragon

Ubi - the money is right here waiting for you! Do your job and make me throw it a this screen!

This comment was edited on May 18, 2017, 00:21.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
24. Re: It's a f*ckin emu! May 17, 2017, 01:41 El Pit

jdreyer wrote on May 16, 2017, 22:15:
American women especially take offense to that word.

You cunt call her that.

SCNR

23. Re: Out of the Blue May 17, 2017, 01:39 El Pit

jdreyer wrote on May 16, 2017, 22:18:
I wonder if Trump has finally gone a bridge too far by asking Comey to quash the Russian investigation then firing him when he refused.

No, he can do whatever he wants. He is the president. The greatest president ever who has achieved soooo much in just a few months. He makes America great again just as he promised!

Wow. In 2008, we all thought it could not get any worse than GWBjr., but Trump easily is the new all-time low when it comes to White House residents. He is very likely a coke addict and definitely an egomaniac, a narcissist. Unfit for duty in every way. Just like for serving in Vietnam back in the day.

News Comments > Ubisoft Financials Reveal Far Cry 5 and The Crew 2
11. Re: Ubisoft Financials Reveal Far Cry 5 and The Crew 2 May 17, 2017, 01:18 El Pit

Except for FarCry 2, I enjoyed the FarCry games a lot. Yes, they are grindfests but the open world and the graphics are outweighing the grinding imo. Also, if people praise total grindfests like Diablo 3, then they cannot hold grinding against FarCry games. In FarCry 4 I enjoyed the story quite a bit because you could not be just the white knight saving the world.
And FarCry: Primal was good because it tried to refresh the franchise and imo succeeded.

10. Re: Out of the Blue May 16, 2017, 13:10 El Pit

Trump: Mr. Lavrov, I am the greatest president ever. I know soooo much - you would not believe it. Just got this from intel [...].
Lavrov: Well, thank you, but maybe you should not have told me.
Trump: I am the president, I can do whatever I want. I could tell you that the start code for our nuclear arsenal is [...] because it would be my genius idea to do so. I am the greatest!
Lavrov (while sending the info to Putin on his smart phone): Of course you are.

A few hours later
McMaster: I was in this room and he did not tell any secrets to Lavrov. FAKE NEWS!!! YOU ARE ALL HATERS AND LIARS!!!! KILL THE PRESS!!!!!

A few hours later
Trump: I told Lavrov because I could and it was a brilliant idea!

McMaster getting fired in 3... 2... 1... Another fall guy bites the dust to save the coke sniffer in the White House one more day. How many fall guys are left, Donnie?

9. Re: Out of the Blue May 16, 2017, 13:04 El Pit

Beamer wrote on May 16, 2017, 12:00:
El Pit wrote on May 16, 2017, 11:13:
Oh great. The Creator's Update killed my task bar, start menu, info center... Aaaaamazing.
Had to repair Win10 with an inplace upgrade which is easy to do but takes some time. Now everything is working again. Well, it is just the second bigger problem I had with a windows update in >20 years, so I won't join the "Microsoft is da Prime Evil and Windows is spyware (unlike Android and iOS)" bandwagon yet.

My Start Menu stayed the same, but yeah, task bar changed and Edge lost all of my saved info.

It did not just change it - the update killed it. Task bar, start menu, and info center were dead. Took me about 45 minutes to fix it with the inplace upgrade.
But it does look different (now where it works), you are right.

3. Re: Out of the Blue May 16, 2017, 11:13 El Pit

Oh great. The Creator's Update killed my task bar, start menu, info center... Aaaaamazing.
Had to repair Win10 with an inplace upgrade which is easy to do but takes some time. Now everything is working again. Well, it is just the second bigger problem I had with a windows update in >20 years, so I won't join the "Microsoft is da Prime Evil and Windows is spyware (unlike Android and iOS)" bandwagon yet.

News Comments > The Surge Released
5. Re: The Surge Released May 16, 2017, 03:02 El Pit

This does look very interesting! Ooooh... Out of stock over at GMG. Damn, would have bought it with an additional 20% off.  

News Comments > On Sale
1. Re: On Sale May 14, 2017, 13:38 El Pit

I am still waiting for a GOTY edition. Don't want to buy games in bits and pieces (buy Ultimate for just $10 more! Not including DLC1 - $19.99! DLC2 - $19.99! DLC... And so on).  

4. Re: Out of the Blue May 14, 2017, 13:37 El Pit

Mr. Tact wrote on May 14, 2017, 13:14:
El Pit wrote on May 14, 2017, 12:44:
Also, a gallon of gas is always a great present! Maybe in a pink gas can?
Which could double as a solution to the home renovations!

Your creative approach to home renovations is truly refreshing!

2. Re: Out of the Blue May 14, 2017, 12:44 El Pit

Maybe Gunnar-man left a present for her in one of her shoes?

Just kidding. He is a good dog and would never do this!

Also, a gallon of gas is always a great present! Maybe in a pink gas can?

News Comments > Alan Wake Sunset Sale
16. Re: Alan Wake Sunset Sale May 13, 2017, 09:47 El Pit

Acleacius wrote on May 13, 2017, 09:36:
Seriously, isn't that more if a court forces them to stop because they never had the rights to the music? In this case they did have rights, but lost due to not renewing costs. So they only lose the rights to sell more titles, with the music in question, correct? For example, I've still got the original Mafia on Steam, which is no longer for sale for the same reasons. Afaik, all the good music is still in the game.

I think this happened with GTA: San Andreas. Some tracks are no longer available. And not only for users who bought the game AFTER Rockstar lost the rights to use the songs.

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2014/11/10/gta-san-andreas-steam-removes-songs/

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
5. Re: Evening Safety Dance May 13, 2017, 02:11 El Pit

Nest: experimental virus gets stolen. Turns people into braindead zombies. Trump is re-elected.

Alright, I'll show myself out.

17. Re: Out of the Blue May 12, 2017, 16:46 El Pit

Rectal Prolapse wrote on May 12, 2017, 15:16:
Paper about how microplastics harm fish should be retracted, report says

So, have ALL studies on this been wrong? More work to do for the spin doctors!

About plastic in the ocean in general

And all done by other scientists/team/orgs...

Then again - I don't eat fish. Never did. Don't like it. No, I'm not kidding. Laugh2

2828 Comments. 142 pages. Viewing page 13.
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo