Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for El Pit

Real Name El Pit   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Nov 29, 2000, 06:19
Total Comments 3211 (Veteran)
User ID 7953

User comment history
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

News Comments > Open-Source Vulkan for macOS and iOS Released
2. Re: Open-Source Vulkan for macOS and iOS Released Feb 27, 2018, 12:55 El Pit

Unleash the power of your Apple gaming monsters NOW!

Mwahaha

They're waiting for you, Gabe, in the test chamber!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > etc.
2. Re: etc. Feb 27, 2018, 09:42 El Pit

I got a feeling the MGS team will see some "restructuring" very soon...  

News Comments > Into the Black
6. Re: Into the Black Feb 27, 2018, 07:29 El Pit

Hm... What is wrong about his behavior? He only wanted to mark his territory. I usually do this, too. Right now, I am marking my compu  

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
7. Re: Saturday Metaverse Feb 24, 2018, 16:36 El Pit

jdreyer wrote on Feb 24, 2018, 15:42:
RedEye9 wrote on Feb 24, 2018, 13:22:
An Ajit (ijit?) with a gun at home is good for murica.
https://www.minnpost.com/second-opinion/2012/12/health-risk-having-gun-home

That they gave him a gun just boggles the mind.

Schools in his neighborhood are on red alert now.

News Comments > Trump Calls Out Video Games
64. Re: Trump Calls Out Video Games Feb 23, 2018, 09:45 El Pit

Shlork wrote on Feb 23, 2018, 09:38:
Zoom wrote on Feb 23, 2018, 07:16:
Shlork wrote on Feb 23, 2018, 07:13:
Zoom, Europe has had its own share of mass shootings in relatively recent past.
Lol no. Unless you are referring to the fictional shootings mentioned by Trump ?
We do have terrorism which is another problem entirely. School shootings are not a thing here.

Also please have a comparison between gun deaths in Europe and US. Just a rough ratio is enough...

USA has obviously much higher gun-related death rate and many more school shootings. In Europe, school shootings are rare, but exist. E.g. in Finland and in Germany about ten years ago. Fortunately, it's been mostly quiet since then. Let's not jinx it.

"Europe has had its own share of mass shootings in relatively recent past."
Then: "in Finland and in Germany about ten years ago."

Relatively recent past - about ten years ago? Relative to WHAT? Not to school shooting in the US obviously.

Then again: If people care more about guns than kids, then this is telling. Good luck to the US kids, unfortunately you will need it.

40. Re: Trump Calls Out Video Games Feb 23, 2018, 03:02 El Pit

Private ownership of ASSAULT rifles it only of interest to those planning an... assault? Or what do they need an assault rifle for?  

34. Re: Trump Calls Out Video Games Feb 23, 2018, 01:33 El Pit

All those people getting murdered with playstations hammered on their heads, strangled with xbox power cables, cut into pieces with dvds and blu-rays... Yes, Trump needs to stop this! No discussions necessary, he will act and will finally introduce movie and entertainment software rating boards for the very first time in history!

Make Censorship Even Greater Again!

Don't think... don't think... don't think... This is the main message of Trump's attempt at deflection.

Also: never waste an opportunity to give MORE money to the weapons industry! Arm teachers! Yay! Next step: mandatory arming of pupils! Kids at elementary schools are helpless, give them guns to defend themselves! And if some kid does not like the outcome of a softball game - BOOM! Add worried armed teachers and armed angry parents and you will have a bloodbath that ISIS and Al-Qaida always dreamed of to commit themselves. Those terrorists must be wondering right now if they should just dissolve because they cannot rival the terror attacks commited by US citizens. I guess the islamists are all in group therapy now because of inferiority complexes and fears to lose their "jobs".

News Comments > Elite Dangerous: Beyond - Chapter One Next Week
7. Re: Elite Dangerous: Beyond - Chapter One Next Week Feb 20, 2018, 11:39 El Pit

The Pyro wrote on Feb 20, 2018, 11:29:
So I basically just want a more modern version of Freespace 2. A single-player space combat sim with fun scripted missions and an engaging story line. Has anything like that been produced in the last 5 years?

I had hopes for Star Citizen's initial goals, but the scope of that game seems to have grown beyond what I think I'd enjoy.

Not gonna happen anytime soon because even Freespace 1/2 didn't sell really well.

Maybe in a few more years even smaller independent companies can produce something like this that is NOT 8-bit when maybe AI helps working on models and textures. Than a company might work on something that is both cheap and can be done without $150m and is also easy on the eyes.

News Comments > Metal Gear Survive Details
8. Re: Metal Gear Survive Details Feb 18, 2018, 12:38 El Pit

Next, Japanese cars will have the gear stick in the trunk because it is creative and this is how they want you to drive. Or rather, they want to force you to use a controller to drive - steering wheel and stuff were just an afterthought.

I think there is a relation between this idea of creativity and buying used school girl panties from a vending machine...

News Comments > Humble Offers Freebies
10. Re: Humble Offers Freebies Feb 18, 2018, 08:35 El Pit

Armengar wrote on Feb 18, 2018, 04:16:
tracking? whut? thats some serious tinfoil hattery there.

you get tracked more by using google.

as for shovelware etc, i admit i havent played any of them but i did look at some reviews. none of them looks shovelware, they are fleshed games and have other games as predecessors.

they arent triple AAA games but that isnt the point of humble bundle is it?

WHAT?! Believe - don't question, BELIEVE!!!

Humble Bundle will use your computer for bitcoin mining, voting for Trump, posting anti #MeToo comments, and stealing your Amazon count. Do not ask questions, is it too much to ask for a little bit of trust in what we are saying! BELIEVE!

News Comments > Eugen Systems Strike
3. Re: Eugen Systems Strike Feb 17, 2018, 02:01 El Pit

jdreyer wrote on Feb 16, 2018, 23:16:
When I saw the headline, I thought "Strike" was the name of their new game.

Yes, I thought "What? Eugen Systems working on a baseball game? Oh, those Frenchies!"

News Comments > Remastered System Shock on Hiatus
24. Re: Remastered System Shock on Hiatus Feb 17, 2018, 01:53 El Pit

Also, Prey (2017) feels a lot like a modern System Shock 2 to me. I LOVE it and am surprised that it was not a success. Like many other good games (e.g. Thief 1/2, Dishonored 1/2) it just did not make big money. It seems, most gamers love their loot crate games too much.  

23. Re: Remastered System Shock on Hiatus Feb 17, 2018, 01:47 El Pit

RedEye9 wrote on Feb 16, 2018, 19:52:
This must be a first.
I can't think of one other KickStarted game where too much money has hampered its development.

LOL! Allthumbsup

22. Re: Remastered System Shock on Hiatus Feb 17, 2018, 01:45 El Pit

Mismanagement. The financial success of the kickstarter made them go full Chris Roberts. You NEVER go full Chris Roberts.

After burning through the money, the last paragraph sounds like wishful thinking. Like a refusal to learn. Like a kid saying "No no no, in the end it will work!"

Sorry for all the people who are losing money and jobs because of this serious case of mismanagement.

News Comments > Deep Sixed Released
3. Re: Deep Sixed Released Feb 13, 2018, 07:03 El Pit

Is this what the Tesla in space will look like in 10 years or so after a few updates?  

News Comments > Morning Crowdfunding Roundup
2. Re: Morning Crowdfunding Roundup Feb 7, 2018, 11:54 El Pit

Cutter wrote on Feb 7, 2018, 11:24:
I'd rather fight the SJWs and aid the the spawn of Cthulhu!

Actually, Cthulhu might be behind SJW and #MeTooPlease...

Just saying...

Now I am off to work on more tinfoil hats.

News Comments > Into the Black
6. Re: Into the Black Feb 7, 2018, 00:29 El Pit

Aaaaaaaaand Game of Star Wars is on. Not only Rian Johnson but the guys behind of Game of Thrones are now working on a new Star Wars trilogy, too. In the end there will be an Jedi Avengers movie with the Jedi from all trilogies combined...  

News Comments > Capcom Cuts Staff, Game, and Dead Rising Scope?
1. Re: Capcom Cuts Staff, Game, and Dead Rising Scope? Feb 6, 2018, 11:10 El Pit

DR team member: Boss, our game has such a huge scope but is definitely under-staffed.
Suit: Let me help you. I will reduce your team even more - should this not help the scope of your project?

News Comments > Jess Cliffe Arrest Details
38. Re: Jess Cliffe Arrest Details Feb 4, 2018, 02:25 El Pit

Prostituting herself at this age? I hope there is an investigation going on about her social background - this is one education gone really wrong.  

News Comments > Far Cry Season Pass Details
5. Re: Far Cry Season Pass Details Feb 3, 2018, 05:13 El Pit

The Far Cry games are repetitive and grindy, yes, but I love them nevertheless. The atmosphere, the surroundings, some of the characters - there is something about this that just thrills me. I am looking forward to buying Far Cry 5 GOTY in 2 years or so, I still have to play Far Cry: Primal.  

3211 Comments. 161 pages. Viewing page 13.
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo