Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for El Pit

Real Name El Pit   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Nov 29, 2000, 06:19
Total Comments 2204 (Senior)
User ID 7953

User comment history
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

News Comments > Hardware Reviews
1. Re: Hardware Reviews Jun 30, 2016, 13:43 El Pit

So the RX480 is about as fast as a GTX970 (usually a bit faster). That is a good price-performance ratio. I think AMD is aiming for DELL and other pc manufacturers to build their pcs with an RX480 to attract gamers without asking for too high prices. That might pay off - the high end market is owned by nVidia, but is so much smaller compared to the midrange market.  
Name a single event in history where hatred, fear, and greed helped to solve a crisis.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > G2A Planning Changes
39. Re: G2A Planning Changes Jun 28, 2016, 13:40 El Pit

Big companies: We need a free world trade. Open markets. Less taxes on imports and exports. Trade agreements to stop custom duties.
The people: Great! We will get this, too, yeah?
Big companies: FUCK YOU, NO!

Name a single event in history where hatred, fear, and greed helped to solve a crisis.

24. Re: G2A Planning Changes Jun 28, 2016, 12:41 El Pit

descender wrote on Jun 28, 2016, 12:27:
Reasons like "it costs more in the US"? Yeah.

Basic economics seems to be totally lost on a bunch of you.

Except for the condescending part, Mr. Condescender, I LOL'd hard. Yes, storing the bits on servers in the US alone is reason enough to more than double the price of games. Really, look into a mirror, dude, before giving some advice.

17. Re: G2A Planning Changes Jun 28, 2016, 12:24 El Pit

descender wrote on Jun 28, 2016, 12:12:
This is a nice change for the devs, but Valve is still footing the bill for hosting and delivering all of the content and patching and storefront etc...

Steam deserves their cut too... and we have a lot of people seemingly OK with stealing that from them by using services like G2A.

And Steam shall get more for hosting and so on from people in the western world than from the eastern part of the world because... reasons?

10. Re: G2A Planning Changes Jun 28, 2016, 11:07 El Pit

RedEye9 wrote on Jun 28, 2016, 10:33:
We admit that we deal in stolen keys but we would like to give some money back to the developers. That's gonna fly.
thought that free world trade and open markets were meant not only for big companies, but also for customers. Now we understand that people shall be blocked from those markets. We are sorry.

FTFY

In other news, a Mr. VPN called and said all is good. There will be no problem.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
15. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 26, 2016, 17:36 El Pit

HorrorScope wrote on Jun 26, 2016, 14:42:
El Pit wrote on Jun 26, 2016, 12:41:
HorrorScope wrote on Jun 26, 2016, 12:02:
There was a setting that changed it from Original to more of an Action stance where mouselook was always on vs holding down the right button.

I played with this setting, it was still unbearably bad especially in rooms. No zooming out above the low ceiling, so you had to play from the shoulder's point of view.

The problem is well known but has NEVER been solved by EA, because they don't care.

There is a hack that could help, but you had to hack the file EVERY DAMN TIME you wanted to play: https://youtu.be/t0OholPwxSs

Watch this to understand: https://youtu.be/67LT4DElD9Y

You had to move the virtual camera like a directly controlled character up the ladder to see what was going on up there! OUTRAGEOUS!

Thanks, you're talking about the tactical cam, yeah that was shit, but I played never pausing so that was the disconnect.

Yes, sorry that I did not make that clear. The tactical cam is really broken in this game and I like to play my Dragon Age games kind of turn-based. I pause the game, use tactical cam to decide what is best and then give orders to the characters. I don't do these real time and only playing my own character, especially because of the AI bug that made other characters sometimes stand around doing nothing in the middle of a fight.

EA needs to work A LOT on this for their coming Dragon Age game(s). In the current state, Dragon Age: Inquisition is great for people who don't use the tactical cam and can afford to have one of four party members occasionally refuse to fight. Both problems have not been fixed two years after release, and especially the tactical cam problem is almost a gamebreaker for me.

13. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 26, 2016, 12:41 El Pit

HorrorScope wrote on Jun 26, 2016, 12:02:
There was a setting that changed it from Original to more of an Action stance where mouselook was always on vs holding down the right button.

I played with this setting, it was still unbearably bad especially in rooms. No zooming out above the low ceiling, so you had to play from the shoulder's point of view.

The problem is well known but has NEVER been solved by EA, because they don't care.

There is a hack that could help, but you had to hack the file EVERY DAMN TIME you wanted to play: https://youtu.be/t0OholPwxSs

Watch this to understand: https://youtu.be/67LT4DElD9Y

You had to move the virtual camera like a directly controlled character up the ladder to see what was going on up there! OUTRAGEOUS!

11. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 26, 2016, 10:10 El Pit

Get well soon, Blue. It is most likely no big deal, so just live your life as usual. You will be okay!

Who here said Dragon Age: Inquisition is a move back to classic Dragon Age?! IT IS NOT! I have just finished it (took me about 300 hours including side missions and DLCs), and while it is a bit better gamewise than Dragon Age II, it is still very bugged and the camera angle is a huge, almost game breaking problem. It was clearly designed for consoles and the developers could not be bothered to work on the camera/point of view/zoom for the pc edition. Sometimes the virtual camera is stuck about 3 feet above your main character and you cannot zoom out more than this in rooms (because that camera is blocked by the ceiling - RIDICULOUS!), sometimes the point of view makes you zoom and scroll and move all over the battlefield to finally catch that one pixel that you can click on of e.g. a dragon you want to attack who has escaped to a rock above your party or a rift you want to interrupt. Although, very often a party member's AI gets stuck - this party member won't do ANYTHING in a fight unless you take it over and move it yourself - after that it will work on its own again - or it gets hit. The game came out in 2014 - and these bugs are still present. Horrible support by EA. I know that a lot of people here hate Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning, but I enjoyed that game A LOT MORE than DA: Inquisition. It is by far the better game for me.

I have just started FarCry 4 and I know that some people here said it is just a total conversion mod of FarCry 3, but I am totally enjoying it. About an hour ago I released an elephant who immediately wreaked havoc on the enemy's team in an outpost I wanted to overtake. There is nothing more enjoyable than seeing Dumbo steamrolling the royals!

News Comments > System Shock Remaster Becomes a Reboot
27. Re: System Shock Remaster Becomes a Reboot Jun 25, 2016, 13:34 El Pit

Kajetan wrote on Jun 25, 2016, 11:21:
El Pit wrote on Jun 25, 2016, 09:21:
They changed the scope of the kickstarter game?
Please read, then think, then post. They change the scope of the game BEFORE starting the campaign.

Steely... No, no, wait, irony. It was not steely, it was irony. Easy to miss if you are not used to it. Hint: Star Citizen approach (not really, I know) implied.

Thanks for your extremely kind reply, anyway.

News Comments > System Shock Remaster Becomes a Reboot
22. Re: System Shock Remaster Becomes a Reboot Jun 25, 2016, 09:21 El Pit

Kajetan wrote on Jun 25, 2016, 07:26:
VaranDragon wrote on Jun 25, 2016, 05:42:
So basically they ran out of money and now want money to complete the game?
No. They announced a Kickstarter campaign when announcing the Remaster. This is just an announcment for changing the scope of the game, the Kickstarter campaign was always part of the plan.

They changed the scope of the kickstarter game? What next? Will they start selling virtual blueprints of weapons that they want to add to the game one day?

https://youtu.be/jsW9MlYu31g

This comment was edited on Jun 25, 2016, 10:01.

46. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 25, 2016, 09:09 El Pit

jdreyer wrote on Jun 25, 2016, 01:49:
El Pit wrote on Jun 24, 2016, 13:27:
Get well soon, Blue. Most likely it is nothing serious, so do not let it drag you down. In the end it might be more harmful to think too much about what it could be and waste time and energy on googling possible solutions. Go and see the doc and do not burden yourself with too many worries.

I disagree, educating yourself so you can discuss your symptoms intelligently with your doctor can produce superior outcomes.

And I disagree with you - it gives people wrong ideas and makes them often think of cancer when it is usually something completely different. Too often they walk into a doctor's room and do not want to hear a different diagnosis than the one they googled.

14. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 24, 2016, 13:27 El Pit

Get well soon, Blue. Most likely it is nothing serious, so do not let it drag you down. In the end it might be more harmful to think too much about what it could be and waste time and energy on googling possible solutions. Go and see the doc and do not burden yourself with too many worries.  

News Comments > Steam Summer Picnic Sale Underway
65. Re: Steam Summer Picnic Sale Underway Jun 24, 2016, 13:22 El Pit

So, make the wealthier countries pay more to indirectly let other countries for the price of a pizza? No, thanks. If you can not afford the price, do not buy. Do not ask other people to pay more so you can get it for a dime.

Plus: If some people think they do not want to pay $60 for a game that others have to pay only $20 for, they could pirate it - and the guys behind it get nothing. Or they pay $30 for it and the studio makes at least some money - based on what people here wrote the publisher is happy to make at least some money from the "poor" countries (Russia and China are poor? When did that happen?!), so they can also be happy to make some money from people who neither want to get screwed nor want to pirate a game.

In the end it is great to have a choice. Customers are free to decide, and this is a good thing.

News Comments > Whore of the Orient Cancelled?
5. Re: Whore of the Orient Cancelled? Jun 24, 2016, 13:11 El Pit

What a cheap title!

See what I did there?

This comment was edited on Jun 24, 2016, 13:29.

News Comments > Steam Summer Picnic Sale Underway
49. Re: Steam Summer Picnic Sale Underway Jun 24, 2016, 03:28 El Pit

jdreyer wrote on Jun 24, 2016, 03:12:
Cutter wrote on Jun 23, 2016, 20:48:
The keys are legit, they're just people using regional pricing to their advantage. Fuck the devs and publishers and Steam. So they'll lower prices in some places but raise them in others? Again, fuck them. Stellaris is on sale in Russia for the equivalent of $12 yet I'm supposed to pay $40 for the same item? If they were acting in good faith to begin with sites like G2A wouldn't exist. It's their own damn fault.

You should go eat dinner at an Indian restaurant and leave $2 for the bill, since that's what a curry dinner would cost you in India. Just leave a note, "Regional pricing, bitches." Just don't whine when your boss starts paying you $1 per hour, because that's what your job pays in Indonesia.

That comparison is so hilariously off, I don't know where to start with the explanation. Therefore, I won't even bother. Some hints, though: indian wages and raw material prices in comparison to US/EU/AUS/NZ and so on, etc., pp. It is not even apples and oranges, it is submarines and eggs.

26. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 22, 2016, 15:35 El Pit

Man, that Quake thing makes me feel sooooo old. Friends made, friends lost since then, some fatally, some not.

Whatever, guys. Life happens (so does shit). Drink up, cheer up, enjoy life!

25. Re: In other news.... Jun 22, 2016, 15:32 El Pit

The Half Elf wrote on Jun 22, 2016, 15:08:
Took longer then expected but I am officially a High School Graduate.

Graduation gifts should be limited to Steam Gift Cards, Alcohol delivered to my door, and a full body massage by Chris Evans (Captain America suit is optional, but must bring the shield).

Special thanks to Batz for all his help, support, and someone I could aspire to be like, especially after this last year.

Congratz for finally going FULL ELF!

What, you never, ever go FULL ELF? Whatever. Congratulations are in order, Mr. Elf.

News Comments > DOOM Demo Extended
28. Re: DOOM Demo Extended Jun 21, 2016, 15:31 El Pit

RedEye9 wrote on Jun 21, 2016, 15:27:
Alamar wrote on Jun 21, 2016, 14:01:
Almost good enough... What's the point of having a limited time demo, on a game that's already complete?

When it's just like every other demo that exists forever, I'll consider trying it, at which point, they might even make another sale... Otherwise, I'll throw it on isthereanydeal.com and pick it up in 2-3 years... Also note, I don't care about the MP, so there's no rush to get in on that action...

That will show em. I'm sure id is quaking in their boots. (see what I did there)

You mean id is doomed?

News Comments > Quoteworthy: Microsoft on Returning to Steam
16. Re: Quoteworthy: Microsoft on Returning to Steam Jun 18, 2016, 14:36 El Pit

Task wrote on Jun 18, 2016, 13:34:
verybad1 wrote on Jun 18, 2016, 12:54:
Task wrote on Jun 18, 2016, 12:14:
potential moneymakers like MechWarrior

Thanks for the morning laugh!

A Next Gen MechWarrior 5 on PC and its Arcade sibling Mech Assault 3 on Console would sell like hotcakes. Quite the opposite of a laughing matter.

You asked for it, here it comes: MechWarrior 5 Online (multiplayer only game with MOBA elements, free to play with lots of microtransactions (better mechs, better guns, better armor, better shields - the free drops are all cosmectics)). Enjoy!

News Comments > Next Week's Steam Summer Sale Confirmed?
10. Re: Next Week's Steam Summer Sale Confirmed? Jun 16, 2016, 12:14 El Pit

Razumen wrote on Jun 16, 2016, 11:47:
MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Jun 16, 2016, 11:04:
The 23rd? Halflife 3 confirmed.

More like Half Life 2, Episode 3 confirmed

^^THIS!

As an exclusive Vive VR title!

Which would not help the Vive, but totally kill off the Half-Life franchise.

2204 Comments. 111 pages. Viewing page 13.
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo